PDA

View Full Version : Persistent spell and imbued healing??

Warrnan
2012-12-14, 12:22 PM
So... I am building a cleric with the war and str domain. I'm thinking if I persist mass lesser vigor and have imbued healing, my buff from that feat might last all day as well? I'm not sure how 2 metamagic would interact in this case. For instance I cast MLV and my allies within 20' of me get fast heal 1 and +1 to hit from imbue healing war domain as long as they remain within 20' of me.

Is this right or am I missing something? Thanks for your help!!

BowStreetRunner
2012-12-14, 01:15 PM
Okay, so Mass Lesser Vigor qualifies for Persistent Spell because it has a fixed range (20 ft), does not have an instantaneous duration, and its effects are not discharged. It also qualified for Imbued Healing because it is a 1st level or higher conjuration (healing) spell. You can apply multiple metamagic effects to a single spell and the changes to its level are cumulative. So far, so good.

The carrier effects from Imbued Healing each has a duration of 1 minute per level of the conjuration (healing) spell cast and an equivalent spell level. (Although the temporary hit point carrier effect grants hit points that last up to 1 hour.)

There really isn't anything that would suggest that the two metamagic feats would interact with each other. It looks like you can apply both, but the carrier effects stop being applied after 1 minute per level, although any temporary hit points gained would remain for the full hour. Meanwhile, the Mass Lesser Vigor would remain on those creatures who were targeted by the initial spell for the full 24 hours.

This is similar to the application of Empower and Maximize to the same spell. ("An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus one-half the normally rolled result.")

Warrnan
2012-12-14, 01:20 PM
Ah thank you. This makes sense. I have a back up plan of using stabilize and close wounds to apply these buffs swiftly. Thank you so much!

Happy adventuring!