PDA

View Full Version : Gerudo As An Elder Scroll Race

ArlEammon
2012-12-14, 01:27 PM
How would the Gerudo work as an Elder Scroll Race? Would the Gerudo be a viable addition to the races of Tamriel?
What about Gerudo males, would it work to only have 1 male born every century or would we have to re-work the cannon to allow one Gerudo male per 100-1000 Gerudo women instead, to at least give the species a fighting chance?

Morph Bark
2012-12-14, 01:33 PM
Depends on how the Elder Scrolls works with regards to things like genetics. In the Legend of Zelda, Gerudo females can simply interbreed with humans/Hylians to procreate, the females being born being Gerudo (though I'm not even sure if male humans/Hylians could be born this way). The single true Gerudo male would be the result of magic/prophecy.

GloatingSwine
2012-12-14, 02:02 PM
Major bonus to Archery (both Gerudo training courses are based on it, especially on horseback archery)

Minor Bonuses to Pickpocket, Lockpicking (they're reputed as accomplished thieves and bandits), 1 Handed, 2 Handed (they're seen with polearms/naginata and dual scimitars, make this Spears and Swords if you're in Morrowind), and Destruction (Koume and Kotake show that they're well capable of learning this, and I believe the training course relies on magic arrows at a number of points).

Make their race power something like summoning a mount, and give them an inherent bonus to damage from horseback archery.

Job done. Race created.

ArlEammon
2012-12-14, 02:07 PM
Major bonus to Archery (both Gerudo training courses are based on it, especially on horseback archery)

Minor Bonuses to Pickpocket, Lockpicking (they're reputed as accomplished thieves and bandits), 1 Handed, 2 Handed (they're seen with polearms/naginata and dual scimitars, make this Spears and Swords if you're in Morrowind), and Destruction (Koume and Kotake show that they're well capable of learning this, and I believe the training course relies on magic arrows at a number of points).

Make their race power something like summoning a mount, and give them an inherent bonus to damage from horseback archery.

Job done. Race created.

Impossible, bonus points can only add up to 35 points.

So lets see, Pickpocket 5, Lockpicking 5, 1 Handed 10, 2 Handed 10, Destruction 5

Now this was good, it adds up to 35 points. However, it still goes up to 40 points with Major bonuses to Destruction added.

:/

Pretty close though, let's just go with that.

Edit-
Archery 5, Pickpocket 5, Lockpicking 5, 1 Handed 10, 2 Handed 10, Destruction 5

Hmm... We're going to have to nerf some bonuses.

GloatingSwine
2012-12-14, 02:18 PM
I put Destruction as a minor.

Archery is really significant in the Gerudo areas (the horse archery challenge is probably the toughest archery segment in OoT), so that's the major. The other five are all minors, which does add up to 35.

ArlEammon
2012-12-14, 02:21 PM
I put Destruction as a minor.

Archery is really significant in the Gerudo areas (the horse archery challenge is probably the toughest archery segment in OoT), so that's the major. The other five are all minors, which does add up to 35.

Oh I see. Yeah. That makes sense then.

Eldan
2012-12-14, 04:20 PM
The one male can work, in a way. After all, the Khajiit Mane is also only born once in a long time (I don't think I've ever seen a specific timespan given). He might be similarly coupled to Masser and Secundus.

They are probably men, not mer, as their ears are rounded and they have quite normal skin colours. On the continent, I'd probably put them into Alik'r, as a race of men native to Anequina would be a bit strage. I rather doubt that they woud be Cyro-nordic either, with that skin colour, so I'd say they originate from Yokuda.

Mewtarthio
2012-12-15, 01:38 AM
The single true Gerudo male would be the result of magic/prophecy.

Or cheating, since Twinrova is Ganon's surrogate mother. Yes, both of them. No, I don't know how that works.

Pokonic
2012-12-15, 03:41 PM
Or cheating, since Twinrova is Ganon's surrogate mother. Yes, both of them. No, I don't know how that works.

Magic. No, realy, they are functionaly witch's of somesort, they could probably figure something out.

Sith_Happens
2012-12-16, 06:56 AM

They stayed fused the whole time?