PDA

View Full Version : "Good" Necromancer PRC, PEACH.

Sherishade
2012-12-14, 03:20 PM
This was a PRC I made for a campaign a while back. I wanted to be a necromancer but the group said that raising the dead was evil no matter what I used them for. I did some research finding the deity Evening Glory and designed this around my already existing Cleric. Many in the group were still leary about the whole thing as they were all Good alignments but the GM sweet talked them into it and explained how Deathless worked.

Requirements
Deity: Evening Glory.
Alignment: Any Neutral.
Feat: Sacred Vow, Vow of Chastity.
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 8.
Spellcasting: 3rd level spells.
Special: Must be able to turn/destroy undead with a Turn Undead Class Feature.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Turn Undead, Deathless Undead Creation|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Bonus Charisma +1|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Bonus feat (Extra Turning)|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Bonus Charisma +2|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Channel Positive Energy|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Bonus Charisma +3|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Consecrate Undead|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
8th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|Bonus Charisma +4|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
9th|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Bonus feat (Improved Turning)|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class
10th|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Gift of the Eternal Lover, Bonus Charisma +5|+1 level of existing divine spell casting class[/table]

Hit Die: d8
The Beloved of Evening Glories class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana/History/Religion/The Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int).
Skill Points at 1st level: (2 + Int modifier).
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Features
Turn Undead: Each level adds to your effectiveness for turning undead.

Deathless Undead Creation: You can use the spells Animate Dead, Create Undead and Create Greater Undead now; they are no longer evil and no longer create normal undead but Deathless. All of the Deathless you create are spirits that were former followers of Evening Glory. These can be called back to willingly inhabit bodies and animate them to protect you and help further the goals of the faith.

Animate Dead: same as spell except you create Deathless instead of a skeleton or zombie; this is done by calling a former disciple of your religious order to animate the body to help further the goals of you and your order. The creature that is affected is raised and given the Deathless template. The body of the creature becomes imaciated dried out in appearance but is not decaying. The spirits comprehension is very limited and it has little skill with the body it has been placed inside but will try and fulfill your commands the best it can. Material Component: you must use a pearl or opal instead of a black onyx.

Create Undead: Instead of creating specific undead you can create more intelligent Deathless. Any Deathless you create with this spell can have as much intelligence as half its created HD to a maximum that its race will allow; this allows it to gain skill points as the Deathless template and to gain feats. This also allows raised humanoids to have class levels but no more then half its total HD. You don’t have to use all of the available HD for class levels and can leave some as Deathless HD; when selecting class HD the classes stats overwrite the Deathless base template HD, BAB, Skills and Saves. Many Beloved of Evening Glory have a small group of favorite souls they call to make Deathless so you should have the class levels, skills and feats already laid out for your humanoid Deathless. Material Component: you must use a pearl or opal instead of a black onyx.

Create Greater Undead: Instead of creating specific undead you can create more intelligent Deathless. Any Deathless you create with this spell can have as much intelligence as its created HD to a maximum that its race will allow; this allows it to gain skill points as the Deathless template and to gain feats. This also allows raised humanoids to have class levels up to its total HD. You don’t have to use all of the available HD for class levels and can leave some as Deathless HD; when selecting class HD the classes stats overwrite the Deathless base template HD, BAB, Skills and Saves. Many Beloved of Evening Glory have a small group of favorite souls they call to make Deathless so you should have the class levels, skills and feats already laid out for your humanoid Deathless. Material Component: you must use a pearl or opal instead of a black onyx.

Bonus Charisma: each indicated instance gives a permanent bonus, these indicate total bonus at the stated level and are not additive to each other.

Bonus Feats: Extra Turning gives you 4 more uses of your Turn Undead ability, while Improved Turning allows you greater strength when turning; this also increases the effectiveness of your Channel Positive Energy ability.

Channel Positive Energy: you may spend a use of your Turn Undead ability to Channel Positive Energy into the surrounding area; you must choose to focus this ability make it an aggressive Channel or a defensive Channel. If you choose to Channel aggressively then you deal 1D6/level damage to all undead within 30’ of you and they get a will save for half damage. If you Channel defensively you heal all allied creatures that can be healed by positive energy by 1D6/2 levels within 30’ of you. The Improved Turning Feat increases the damage and healing total by 50%.

Consecrate Undead: This is a powerful ability that can help a rare remorseful undead become Deathless and begin to atone for its crimes and to aid the faithful. To do this the undead must be intelligent, 100% willing and remorseful. This is very rare for most undead but there are a few that can remember themselves before they were forcefully changed into the monstrosity they currently are or maybe they regret completing a dark ritual that robbed them of their life force. Either way you can conduct a ritual that takes an hour per HD in a consecrated and hallowed area and expending one turn undead attempt every two hours. If you do not have enough turn undead attempts then you cannot complete the ritual and the undead will not be changed into a Deathless. Most undead disappear shortly after the ritual to join Evening Glory where she can send them to help and protect her followers and their lovers; but there has been occasions where an undead and a Beloved of Evening Glory developed a bond before the ritual and may stay with them to lend aid to their mission of cause.

Gift of the Eternal Lover: This ultimate moment of your devotion to Evening Glory is marked with sublime bliss, blinding light and calming serenity. The next time you sleep for 8 hours you have a deeply spiritual communion with Evening Glory where you exchange gifts of everlasting love and fealty, consecrating your bond and connection with her forever more. You Die. Upon waking after your rest you no longer live and have undergone a great transformation, you appear similar to Evening Glory herself; your skin is pale as alabaster almost appearing translucent, with all hair on your body removed except on your head which is now platinum white, your eyes are a striking pale blue with your lips, finger and toe nails the same color, you also now have a heart-shaped, oddly alluring hole that completely pierces the palm of each of your bloodless hands. You are also so suffused with Positive energy that your aura of Good is double in size and intensity, which can make it overwhelming for some evil creatures to behold.

You are now Deathless with a few exceptions as listed here; you keep your class features like BAB progression, skills and Saves. You are not affected by attempts to turn/rebuke destroy/control you from clerics or other classes using the Turn Undead or similar ability; this is due to the large amounts of positive energy flowing through you. When you are reduced to 0 hit points you instantly die and disappear with all your equipment to be at the side of your deity, if your party survives the battle or event that killed you then at their next 8 hour rest you will appear to them. This process comes with the appropriate side effects as if any resurrection type spell you can cast was cast upon you, this does not include the XP or monetary costs of actually casting the spell; you will appear with all your gear you had when you died and will need to make an offering worth the cost of the spell you used to come back to life to Evening Glory, as if a cleric had been paid to bring you back to life by casting that spell. If this is not done within a week time you will lose your abilities as a cleric and must perform atonement and then make the offering, also until the offering is made you cannot use this feature again. If no one from your party survives the event that killed you then you have nothing tying you to the material plan and stay with Evening Glory, together with her forever.

You may also ordain the union of lovers within your order, this binds them forever more to each other and will with your deities blessing make them deathless in her image. Some unions will not experience this immediately if Evening Glory deems them more valuable to the cause alive rather than Deathless, if every member of her clergy and faith were unliving it would make gaining new faithful more difficult. Their union is recognized by Evening Glory and is ensured the immortality of the Deathless by a painless supernatural heart shaped brand on their hands.

danzibr
2012-12-14, 03:56 PM
I like the idea. I have a poor eye for balance, but I can make some minor suggestions.

You might want to bold the ability names. Also, you say, "Below is a description of the Deathless type and common features and statistics," but man, I just don't see it. I'll also have to bust out my LM and read up on Evening Glory.

Sherishade
2012-12-14, 04:25 PM
I like the idea. I have a poor eye for balance, but I can make some minor suggestions.

You might want to bold the ability names. Also, you say, "Below is a description of the Deathless type and common features and statistics," but man, I just don't see it. I'll also have to bust out my LM and read up on Evening Glory.

Ya when I first put it up I rushed when I shouldn't have. I didn't include the Deathless template because it was really large and it can be found in like three books, they are essentially everything undead are except positive energy mummies (with out the linens). They are all emaciated but not rotting, they arn't inherrently evil and many are good that willingly become Deathless to serve a higher purpose. Those that do this for Evening Glory do so for love.

DracoDei
2013-01-05, 08:17 PM
For the bonus feats a better formatting is "Bonus Feat(Extra Turning)" or just "Extra Turning". Look at the Ranger for the proper formatting, both in the table and in the main body of the text.