PDA

View Full Version : add template to animal then make a lycan?

Deca4531
2012-12-14, 06:47 PM
ok so im wondering if there is anything to stop a person from making a type of lycan out of an animal with templates on it.

for instance:
HORRID ANIMAL (eberron campaign setting pg289)
con +4
natural armour increases +5
acid attack (1d6 acid damage per 4HD)
immune to acid
feats: imp natural attack

or

Magebred Animal (eberron campaign setting pg296)
natural armor increases by +5
+4 to one physical state
+2 to the other 2
special quality: (choose one)
swift breed (+10feet movement speed)
thick-skinned breed (+2 natural armor)
or
tracking breed (+4 on survival checks)
gains feat: alertness, endurance, improved natural attack, or multiattack

these can be applied to any animal, they have no LA, and dose not add HD or change their type. could a player take an animal, add these templates then use the new creature as a base for a type of lycanthrapy?

the_david
2012-12-14, 06:53 PM
If it doesn't change it's type to Magical Beast, then yes. Also, see Savage Species for more fun!

Deca4531
2012-12-14, 08:58 PM
If it doesn't change it's type to Magical Beast, then yes. Also, see Savage Species for more fun!

actually most templates in there will change your type, or dont apply to the animal type. there is a nice neck slot item that will let you enchant your natural weapons.

i have also been looking into these when applied to an Awakened animal as a race.

Chilingsworth
2012-12-14, 09:02 PM
actually most templates in there will change your type, or dont apply to the animal type. there is a nice neck slot item that will let you enchant your natural weapons.

i have also been looking into these when applied to an Awakened animal as a race.

I think he was refering to anthropormorphic horrid and/or magebred animals. (maybe among other interesting options?)

The Glyphstone
2012-12-14, 09:17 PM
I read it as an attempt to become a Were-Horrid Animal or Were-Magebred Animal.

Chilingsworth
2012-12-14, 09:24 PM
I read it as an attempt to become a Were-Horrid Animal or Were-Magebred Animal.

Sure, but I was responding to Deca's post as in: "the_david was probably refering to things like the anthropormorphic template in savage species."

Deca4531
2012-12-14, 09:43 PM
I think he was refering to anthropormorphic horrid and/or magebred animals. (maybe among other interesting options?)

this is true, but the method im trying to use is to buff the animal, not the lycan, and thus avoid the LA by letting the animal take it, not the soon to be infected (or born with) player. for a maxed out lycan i use a lot of things from SS, lol its one of my favorite books.

as a side note, dose anyone else know of templates to buff an animal type without changing its type or HD?