PDA

View Full Version : Getting critical strike against undead.

D4rtagnan
2012-12-14, 07:20 PM
I know there is ghost strike which is a weapon enchantments.
But is there any arcane spells that allow you to crit. Undead with a weapon.
I am a Gish character with access to 5-th arcane spells.

Susano-wo
2012-12-14, 07:28 PM
I think you mean gravestrike. Ghost strike is about attacking incorporeal/ignoring armor (cant remember which). the spell from spell compendium(and perhaps an earlier suppliment) is an arcane spell that is exactly what you are talking about. I believe its a swift action, and allows you to sneak attack undead that round

D4rtagnan
2012-12-14, 07:33 PM
Ghost touch allows you to hit incorporeal. Ghost strike does the same but also allows the person to critical strike undead.
Grave strike allows you to sneak attack, not critical hit.

Susano-wo
2012-12-14, 08:06 PM
Ghost touch allows you to hit incorporeal. Ghost strike does the same but also allows the person to critical strike undead.
Grave strike allows you to sneak attack, not critical hit.

OH I see :smallredface: (who the hell thought naming one thing ghost strike and one thing ghost touch was a good idea?) Though the other is just me being dumb and lumping the two immunities together (both of which are dumb, but oh well:smallsigh:)

Chilingsworth
2012-12-14, 08:18 PM
OH I see :smallredface: (who the hell thought naming one thing ghost strike and one thing ghost touch was a good idea?) Though the other is just me being dumb and lumping the two immunities together (both of which are dumb, but oh well:smallsigh:)

Ghost strike is a synergy property requiring ghost touch, probably why the names are similiar.