PDA

View Full Version : am i nerd for

scurv
2012-12-15, 08:28 AM
Watching all the bucky o'hair episodes on you-tube to use that as a lore basis for a short run campaign?

ThiagoMartell
2012-12-15, 08:40 AM
Only if you want to be.

Aron Times
2012-12-15, 05:08 PM
You're posting in a forum dedicated to a D&D-inspired webcomic. All of us are nerds here.

TuggyNE
2012-12-15, 08:30 PM
You're posting in a forum dedicated to a D&D-inspired webcomic. All of us are nerds here.

Basically this is what I was gonna say. Pretty much everybody with an account here is either a nerd or a geek, or possibly both.

Slipperychicken
2012-12-15, 09:19 PM
As a rule of thumb, if you're asking the question on a roleplay forum, you probably are. You probably should post this in the "Friendly Banter" forum, though, since it's not exclusive to role-playing.

So you're a nerd, unless you do something incredibly manly otherwise, like ripping full-grown trees out of the ground with your bare hands and clubbing other trees over with them. In which case you're probably more of a Badass Bookworm.

Deophaun
2012-12-15, 11:33 PM
ASo you're a nerd, unless you do something incredibly manly otherwise, like ripping full-grown trees out of the ground with your bare hands and clubbing other trees over with them.
What if I built a robot to do that instead?

erikun
2012-12-15, 11:42 PM
Ripping off the plots of random cartoons and media for RPG campaigns is almost a common feature. Let's face it, GMs have enough work to do on our side of the table. If Power Rangers will give us some fully functional personalities for the cannon-fodder orcs the PCs will slaughter next, I'm not about to turn my nose up at it. :smallwink:

Slipperychicken
2012-12-16, 01:59 AM
What if I built a robot to do that instead?

To rip trees out of the ground with your bare hands? Awesome. :smalltongue:

You would remain a nerd, and would accrue respect for building something cool.

Thattaman
2012-12-16, 04:10 AM
I think, like everyone else on GitPG, you've probably got at least some nerdy tendencies. If you didn't have an inner nerd or geek then why would you be interested in a forum based on RPing, OOTS and MLP. There's probably a whole scale of nerdiness on GitPG, but c'mon no one on this forum can deny being a nerd.

scurv
2012-12-16, 02:17 PM
Most likely i am one. But it is fun to revisit the 80's and early 90's cartoons in a RPG setting. But we do those as short run games
<edit>
It always feels a little fanfic. But it is fun to do for a three session arc

Ravens_cry
2012-12-16, 02:26 PM
I never watched the show, but I loved the game as a kid.
To answer the question, yes you are, but that isn't a bad thing at all.
The people you should be asking are your players.
Personally, a high flying space opera where you play as anthropomorphic animals battling evil toads? Sounds like a lot of fun.