PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler build

Blackhawk748
2012-12-15, 01:31 PM
just looking for good builds for the Swashbuckler the only thing out is ToB

hymer
2012-12-15, 01:37 PM
Rogue 3/Swashbuckler rest springs to mind. Daring Outlaw (CSc) isn't quite Swift Hunter, but it's a very good feat nonetheless.
Penetrating Strike ACF for the rogue from Dungeonscape is worth looking into if you go that route, and some fun can be had with Swift and Deadly ACF for the Swashbuckler (DotU).

docnessuno
2012-12-15, 01:45 PM
I suggest you to check out this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264196) link, wich provides useful swashbuckler / rogue builds.

Blackhawk748
2012-12-15, 02:01 PM
Is Shield of Blades any good? I do plan on using an Elven Thinblade partnered with a Courtblade so it would help. Also what book is DotU?

hymer
2012-12-15, 02:15 PM
DotU: Drow of the Underdark.

Blackhawk748
2012-12-15, 02:22 PM
thanks, it does look pretty good

docnessuno
2012-12-15, 02:42 PM
Is Shield of Blades any good? I do plan on using an Elven Thinblade partnered with a Courtblade so it would help. Also what book is DotU?

Depends
Shield of blades is easier to use than the dodge bonus (a flat bonus instead having to remember to declare it every round) and gives an higher AC bonus. On the other hand, while a dodge bonus stacks with pretty much anything, a dancing shield will provide an higher shield bonus once you can afford it.
So, if you plan to buy a dancing shield the dodge bonus is the obvious choice, otherwise shield of blades is a solid perk.

eggs
2012-12-15, 02:43 PM
Just fiddling with a fear build. Needs a few stats to be decent to work, but doesn't need any to be particularly high. So that part's swingy with rolls.

Swashbuckler 3/Ferocity Barbarian 2/Avenging Executioner 5/Scarlet Corsair 10
(Arranged S1/B2/S2/AE5/SC10)
Variants: Arcane Stunt - Expeditious Retreat or Blur
Feats:
1: Dreadful Wrath, TWF, Weapon finesse
3: Extra Rage
6: Intimidating Rage
9: Imperious Command
11: Improved Feint
12: Combat Expertise
15: Surprising Riposte
18: Craven

Technical grey space: Extra Rage and Intimidating Rage call for Rage or Frenzy; Ferocity technically isn't either. But because the prereqs are satisfied by both of the rage-like abilities that were in the game at the time, the "Rage or Frenzy" qualifier looks like it was intended to encapsulate all similar mechanics. Your legality may vary.

limejuicepowder
2012-12-15, 04:39 PM
Factotum would work pretty well, just for the int synergy. In most builds, taking more then 3 levels of swashbuckler is not worth it so swashbuckler 3/factotum X would be the way to go.

If you're aiming to make a Jack Sparrow, scoundrel-type fighter, this would be the build for you. A swordsage dip is also worth looking at, for shadow blade and some good maneuvers (depends when you take the dip).

odigity
2012-12-15, 05:18 PM
I do plan on using an Elven Thinblade partnered with a Courtblade so it would help.

How? Courtblade is two-handed.

Blackhawk748
2012-12-15, 05:51 PM
sorry meant Elven Lightblade