PDA

View Full Version : Fochlucan Lyrist Build [3.5]

Tokuhara
2012-12-15, 06:00 PM
I know tht earlier this week, I had decided on a psi-tank, but one of the players is playing a Crusader-centric Master of the 9. So, I've decided to play my "crutch class:" Druid. IMO, Druid > Wizard because of it having goo class features.

So in honor of trying to build a Dual-Casting God, I've decided to pair Druid with the most unlikely bedfellow (minus 2 PrCs and a Feat): Bard.

So I have a rough idea what I am doing (TN Male Azurin Bard 2/Druid 3/Green Whisperer (Dragon 311) 5/Sublime Chord 1/Fochlucan Lyrist 9), but there are a few questions:

1. My DM is requiring everyone to have a parton deity, but considering that my character is a hodge-podge character who can survive with 3 16's (Wis, Cha, Con), what deity is appropriate for him? This is a custom world that has all deities from all settings.

2. I'm stoked to play druid again because the Initiate Feats aren't bad. However, can a PC take more than one Initiate feat? I was looking to grab Initiate of Nature, Gatekeeper Initiate, and Greensinger Initate, though if I had to choose one, I'd pick Greensinger.

3. I want to desperately get rid of my animal companion. Personal preference. Maybe I'm absolutely nuts, but I think Animal Companions are much weaker than Familiars or Mounts (Raven Familiar and Triceretops Mount), so I kinda want to lose this little bugger as quick as possible. I don't expect to be in melee (no wildshape), so Avenging Druid isn't worth it.

4. I'm kind of wanting to be a BaDzilla (Bard and Druid), a PC who through spells can do nearly everything, but isn't bound by the "15 Minute Adventuring Day" law. So what are some ideas for spell choices, ACFs, Feats, etc. I should grab. I know I'm going to burn two feats to get Evasion (Shape Soulmeld: Impulse Boots and Open Lesser Chakra: Feet).

Thanks y'all, and if anyone is a decent artist/grandmaster of Google-Fu, can someone come up with a picture of this guy?

eggs
2012-12-15, 10:45 PM
Urban Companion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) is a familiar++. Sounds like something that'd be interesting here.

On feats, I'm not seeing anything too far outside the normal suggestions for either a Bard or a Druid (I mean maybe some patches for CL or daily music uses, but that's about it), so I don't have much to add that's not in their respective handbooks.

Feralventas
2012-12-16, 12:50 AM
I'd suggest asking to trade your Animal Companion for either the Nature, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Weather, Sun, or Night domains. Or Elemental Companion from Complete Mage.

As a druid bard, I'd expect you'd be on the road, so the traveling deity would suit you well.

If you mean to focus on a particular aspect of nature, one of the elemental deities (or the regional ones from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, or Frostburn or even Ghostwalk if you want to be weird) could suit your fancy.

As a Bardic druid, understanding the inherent harmony of the world, you could very well worship a deity of art and music and beauty, perhaps one of the ones out of the Book of Exalted Deeds.

As for pictures, I've yet to find a way to upload from my own saved files rather than simply linking things, sorry.

Tokuhara
2012-12-16, 09:18 AM
Is there an elemental deity with the Travel domain? If not, I may grab a travel deity. IIRC, one of them has an Initiate feat...

Found one: Solanil, the goddess of Oases (Sandstorm) Hooray for Travel & Animal Devotion!!!

As for Elemental Companion, it's an improvement on an animal, but the Urban Companion is also an option. My only question is would Urban Companion "stack" with Obtain Familiar?

And would getting Dragontouched and Dragonfire Inspiration be worth it?