PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Extra Carrying Capacity

White_Drake
2012-12-15, 06:16 PM
I'm rolling up a 3rd level alchemist, and I was hoping to come in with enough alchemical items to last me a while, but he only has 12 Strength. So my question to you is, how does a character with only 2,700 gp increase his carrying capacity enough to carry an alchemical item for every situation, but still have enough money left to craft said items? Ideally he could get a handy haversack, but I'd only have 700 gp left then. The framed pack in A&EG could help, but not by a whole lot.

docnessuno
2012-12-15, 06:17 PM
Pathfinder's Masterwork backpack helps a bit.
Tanking Craft wondrous items would meke an handy haversack much more affordable.

Chilingsworth
2012-12-15, 06:23 PM
Let's see...

You could get one or more pack animals. Sure, it wouldn't allow you to have everything on hand, but at least you'd have it close to hand. Also, they're quite cheep.

Or a command word or continuous use item of floating disk, by the guidelines it would cost you as little as 1,800 gp for a tag along disk able to carry an extra 100lbs for you.

Gildedragon
2012-12-15, 06:28 PM
For 1k (500gp if you craft it) you can get muleback cords; +8 str (carrying capacity only)

vartan
2012-12-15, 06:35 PM
500gp gives you the Belt of Lifting. +1 str for the purposes of carrying capacity.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-12-15, 06:48 PM
Pick up a Donkey and cart for 23gp. This will give you around 550lbs of carrying capacity to work with. You will need to buy feed, though.

White_Drake
2012-12-15, 06:49 PM
Thanks to everybody who posted. I think I'll go with the muleback cords; they are cheap enough to not take up all of my wealth, but still give a sizable increase to capacity.

Jyton
2012-12-15, 08:16 PM
On a somewhat related note, one of my players picked up a set of Muleback Cords for his fighter and pointed out that they make him look, well, scarier. It's a +4 bonus to strength for carrying capacity, and there's already a "Special: you gain +4 if you're bigger than the target" rule for intimidate checks, so I houseruled that the Cords' bonuses apply to intimidate checks as well, mostly due to the fluff "...wrap(s) around the wearer's biceps... mak(ing) the muscles appear larger."

I liked the idea, thought you might find it interesting, so here it is! Okay, I'm really bad at wrapping up posts, so I'm just going to stop typing now.

gr8artist
2012-12-15, 08:31 PM
I got them on my gunslinger/timethief (str dump stat). They are amazing

Ryulin18
2012-12-16, 02:57 PM
One of those items that you never really see until someone points it out.

Thank you, glorious sirs for making me a happy man!