PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Pantheon/Religious Calendar

D_Man_7733
2012-12-15, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know where I could find this or something similar?

Having run a single (non one-shot)game that fizzled out towards the end because I had to move away, I remembered finding something about how Olidimarra had a wine tasting festival as a religious "holiday" and threw it in because it was the warlock characters Patron Deity.

I am wondering if there are other holidays or Religious events that occur, if not an entire calendar. (I personally could put in a little extra effort to make the calendar from scratch, but if there is one already out there I would appreciate it, just want the events in that instance)

I'm mostly looking for the "Core" D&D Pantheon but special occasions from any of the Pantheons would be helpful. Not just the good gods either, evil needs a holiday too.

Vegan Zombie
2012-12-16, 01:08 PM
I'm AFB right now, but I believe the book Deities and Demigods has what you need. Each God (even Erythnual) has a festival or holiday of some sort

D_Man_7733
2012-12-16, 04:36 PM
I've had a look through it, but there is nothing underneath the specific Deity information. I'll give it another look and see though.

navar100
2012-12-16, 05:18 PM
Try using the Asian or Hebraic Calendar. Substitute D&D creatures for the Asian calendar. You can still have Year of the Dragon, but how about Year of the Griffon, Year of the Phoenix, Year of the Couatl, and so forth. The Hebraic Calendar is lunar and a "day" starts at sundown. You can even use the same names for the months, Nissan, Adar, Cheshvan, etc., which are actually Babylonian and was used in some 2E works when the Babylonian Pantheon still existed in D&D lore. They're probably not well known outside of Judaism.

SymPhoenix
2012-12-16, 08:37 PM
Not really 3.5e, but can be converted back into such without much issue, but...Pathfinder has days and months for each of the major deities, and the specific deity pages will say what day or month the festivals or holidays might fall.

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar