PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Interesting Level 25 builds.

GreenSerpent
2012-12-16, 01:09 PM
Title says it all, Playgrounders. My well of ideas has run dry, and I'm looking to join an epic game (ship-based, going from island to island). Obviously I'm not going to wreck the game with a Batman Wizard or a Planar Shephard, but can anyone suggest me some interesting level 25 builds?

I don't mind melee or magic or psionics or incarnum, I'm just looking for a few builds to get my own creative juices flowing again~

Chilingsworth
2012-12-16, 01:19 PM
Do you know what your fellow players are playing?

Morcleon
2012-12-16, 01:19 PM
Wizard/Abjurant Champion/Swiftblade
Psion/Constructor
Duskblade/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge
Psion/Slayer/Abjurant Champion (psionic)

Want more? :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Chilingsworth
2012-12-16, 01:22 PM
Wizard/Beguiler/Ultimate Magus/Abjurant Champion

Wizard/Warblade/Jade Pheonix Mage/Abjurant Champion/more warblade

GreenSerpent
2012-12-16, 01:50 PM
No, I don't know what they're playing exactly, though from info I've gathered one seems to be a lycanthropic barbarian, one an undead (Necropolitian, I think) druid, one a warlock and the other I only know as being a "Scion".

Perhaps allow me to elaborate more. I know of all the Wizard/Abjurant Champion builds and so on. I'm just looking for new ones that might be a little different from the norm. Preferably with spontaneous over prepared casting (I like the easier bookkeeping, though I do know prepared casters are usually a fair bit stronger).

Rubik
2012-12-16, 01:57 PM
Ghost 5/egoist 5/thrallherd 10/ghostbreaker (from Hyperconscious) 5.

Pull in thralls, possess them, and mutate them to your heart's content.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-16, 02:41 PM
Paladin 2/ Sorcerer 4/ Spellsword 1/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 8 is the standard Sorcadin build. In the epic levels I'd probably tack on Incantatrx 4+ and maybe a few Paragnostic Apostle.

You'll need Practiced Spellcaster, Arcane Preparation, Ancestral Relic, probably Rapid Spell, probably Item Familiar, Extend/Persistent Spell, Power Attack, Arcane Strike, Minor Shapeshift, and definitely say you visited the Otyugh Hole in CS to get Iron Will for 3,000 gp instead of spending a feat on it. I'd get Quicken and Persistent via Incantatrix 1 and 4, and get Multispell at least once.

Note that this build is not only good-aligned but exalted per BoED, for many reasons. You need to be exalted (arguably only good-aligned) to cast Sanctified spells, including Greater Luminous Armor, which is why you need Arcane Preparation. You need to be good aligned for Sacred Exorcist, the cornerstone that gives the build 9th level spells with a +16 BAB at 20th. Then there's the two Paladin levels, which could be replaced with Fighter or Crusader or similar but you'd miss out on the Cha synergy. Note that you could use the Harmonious Knight (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060327a) sub levels and be incapable of Detecting Evil, and thus would be able to look the other way on the associate-with-evil prohibition of Paladin.

Item Familiar is for investing skill ranks, which leads to a high enough Spellcraft check (taking ten) to use Cooperative Metamagic and Metamagic Effect to Persist your highest level spells via Incantatrix. Note that Cooperative Metamagic can be used on your own spells outside of combat since the action economy system only exists during initiative. I'd make it a ring, and wear a gauntlet over it so opponents will never have line of sight nor line of effect to it so it can never be sundered, disintegrated, or slight of handed. An item familiar is an intelligent item and thus treated as a construct, and constructs cannot be dispelled or disjoined and they continue to function in antimagic and dead magic areas. Intelligent items get actions in combat, and it can activate its own abilities every round.

Ancestral Relic is for a custom Runestaff (MIC p224) containing whatever spells you want, regardless of availability. You can also modify what magical properties it has each time you upgrade it, even making it into a completely different item as long as it's still the same type of base item (i.e. staff). I'd actually make it an Elvencraft Composite Longbow, which functions as a quarterstaff. Enchant the bow and offhand staff portions with +1 Defending, and use Greater Magic Weapon on each and shift both +5's to your AC. You can also put properties like Eager, Warning, and Parrying on those, but I'd make the bow portion Seeking and maybe a few more in case you need to actually shoot it. The primary end should be enchanted with whatever you want on your primary weapon (+1 Wrathful Healing, Spell Storing, etc.).

GreenSerpent
2012-12-16, 04:23 PM
Sounds interesting! I'm giving it a try with a Raptoran with the Wedded to History (Golden Age) feat in her backstory.

herrhauptmann
2012-12-16, 05:49 PM
Weaker than the Sorcadin, and a lot more complicated, there's the Suel Arcanamach/AbjurantChamp/SublimeChord. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217687
It also requires a lenient DM to try and get everything to work together as shown.

How about a quorbred karsite? Magehunter type character?
Got one here for a PF game. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=343025 Probably need some homebrew for decent anti-mage prc. Occult slayer, and Witchslayer are useful Starting points for your personal homebrew (or the witchhunter prc in my sig)