PDA

View Full Version : D20 Orkz

CIDE
2012-12-17, 12:50 AM
Heeeeyyy playground. Using pretty much any D20 material (try to keep it official too) what would be the best way to build the Ork race? Volodni always seemed like a good start to me. Though they lack the spore thing and the size.

I'm asking to try to include something similar to a Future game we've already been playing. There was a Space Marine (Dying to destroy a death star sized super weapon and destroy millions of techno space zombies so he went out like a true Space Marine) and there's a handful of other 40k references in the homebrew universe so far. There's already some 40k style weapons available too.

Just wondered if someone out there knew of a better starting point to avoid homebrew though.

Chilingsworth
2012-12-17, 01:12 AM
I'm not that familiar with the WH40K universe. But are these the Orkz's most notable characteristics?:

-- Love Fighting
-- Belief-based tech (i.e. their stuff works largely because they believe it does.)
-- Plant-animal hybrid
-- Physically imposing
-- Mentally lacking

Malroth
2012-12-17, 02:41 AM
Apply the greenbound template to a standard monster manual orc and let them create 1d4 more Orkz as an at will spell like ability with a 1 hr casting time.

Doorhandle
2012-12-17, 02:50 AM
Well lets see:

- An ork grows bigger the more authority/strength it has: Maybe growing in size every 6 levels?

- Subscious physical field: If enough orks believe something, it becomes true. Maybe a rule that works somewhat like hive-mind, only psionic, and it only works if the orks believe that's how the world works and they can't use it consciously.

-Spores: Fighting causes orks to release spores witch develop into lower orkoids, and eventually the orks themselves. They're almost an ecossytem unto themslevses.

-Alarming ability to survive deception, vivisection, organ rejection being turned into a quadrupel amputee ect: hitpoint rules already allow this, but maybe immunity to bleeding or the kind of effects that make you normally die in such conditions?

further reading:
-The Tvtropes page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Warhammer40000Orks)(if you like that sort of thing.)]]
Deff skwadron: (http://nerdfighters.ning.com/group/gamesworkshopnerds/forum/topics/deff-skwadron-full-comic) (it's a paragon or orkyness. Also, it's totally awesome.)

CIDE
2012-12-17, 05:52 PM
I'm not that familiar with the WH40K universe. But are these the Orkz's most notable characteristics?:

-- Love Fighting
-- Belief-based tech (i.e. their stuff works largely because they believe it does.)
-- Plant-animal hybrid
-- Physically imposing
-- Mentally lacking

For the most part, yeah.

Apply the greenbound template to a standard monster manual orc and let them create 1d4 more Orkz as an at will spell like ability with a 1 hr casting time.

There a plat with an ability similar somewhere? Trying to do this without making up new powers if we can help it.

I know in D20 Future Menace Manual the Star Doppelganger could "split" but that's not exactly the same.

Well lets see:

- An ork grows bigger the more authority/strength it has: Maybe growing in size every 6 levels?

- Subscious physical field: If enough orks believe something, it becomes true. Maybe a rule that works somewhat like hive-mind, only psionic, and it only works if the orks believe that's how the world works and they can't use it consciously.

-Spores: Fighting causes orks to release spores witch develop into lower orkoids, and eventually the orks themselves. They're almost an ecossytem unto themslevses.

-Alarming ability to survive deception, vivisection, organ rejection being turned into a quadrupel amputee ect: hitpoint rules already allow this, but maybe immunity to bleeding or the kind of effects that make you normally die in such conditions?

further reading:
-The Tvtropes page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Warhammer40000Orks)(if you like that sort of thing.)]]
Deff skwadron: (http://nerdfighters.ning.com/group/gamesworkshopnerds/forum/topics/deff-skwadron-full-comic) (it's a paragon or orkyness. Also, it's totally awesome.)

1: The size category can be done with Full Body Morph as an Ex (D20 Future Cyberscape under WetWare). Basically each time Full Body Morph is done it increases the size category of the target by 1 and increases Str by 4 and Con by 2 with a -1 Dex.

2: Any precedent for this anywhere in game you can think of?

3: Same with the Spores.

4: I imagine the greenbound template fixes a lot of the survivability issues. Potentially even add in the required feats for Trollblooded (just for the mechanics rather than the fluff).

5: I frequent Tvtropes often and I've read Def Skwadron. I love both. Thanks.

Doorhandle
2012-12-17, 07:54 PM
For the most part, yeah.

There a plat with an ability similar somewhere? Trying to do this without making up new powers if we can help it.

I know in D20 Future Menace Manual the Star Doppelganger could "split" but that's not exactly the same.

1: The size category can be done with Full Body Morph as an Ex (D20 Future Cyberscape under WetWare). Basically each time Full Body Morph is done it increases the size category of the target by 1 and increases Str by 4 and Con by 2 with a -1 Dex.

2: Any precedent for this anywhere in game you can think of?

3: Same with the Spores.

4: I imagine the greenbound template fixes a lot of the survivability issues. Potentially even add in the required feats for Trollblooded (just for the mechanics rather than the fluff).

5: I frequent Tvtropes often and I've read Def Skwadron. I love both. Thanks.

Good points. it's mentioned in fluff, but as far as actual rules go there isn't much evidence for 2 or 3.

White_Drake
2012-12-17, 08:00 PM
Are we decreasing the orkz strength to keep their power level in line? I imagine most orkz are strong enough to rip through adamantine with relative ease. I mean, these guys kill combat ready space marines.