PDA

View Full Version : What to finish a Rainbow Servant With?

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 04:11 AM
So I havent decided if am doing

Beguiler 6 or Warmage 6

but after I take my 10 rainbow servants

what do you suggest for the next 4 levels or maybe even 7 if I end up going into epic.

eggs
2012-12-17, 04:21 AM
Spellguard of the Silverymoon 4 is all you need to turn Righteous Might or Miracle: Giant Size into sharable buffs. Maybe worth consideration.

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 04:31 AM
would that be similar to the prc concept that is war weaver?

Gnorman
2012-12-17, 04:31 AM
War Weaver could help with that too.

Spuddles
2012-12-17, 07:10 AM
Shadowcraft Mage?

Darth Stabber
2012-12-17, 07:19 AM
You could use the old default arcanist finisher: archmage. It has some nice abilites, but the prereqs might be a pain.

Tvtyrant
2012-12-17, 09:41 AM
One of the classic go-to finishers for Rainbow Servant is Mage of the Arcane Order, because you can use it to swap out your class spells for wizard spells. You have to craft some scrolls to replace them, but it helps with flexibility.

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 04:10 PM
So we have Arcane order which is like makes your spell list even bigger

Silvermoony , I have no clue what you mean, I saw nothing like that in the class

War Weaver seems good, and more a team player

ShadowCraft Mage, I like but need a little more guidance on.

Archmage is no

mregecko
2012-12-17, 04:13 PM
One of my favorites is Warmage 5 -> Rainbow Servant 10 (early entry shenanigans) -> War Weaver 5. It's a super strong party buffing build that kicks butt.

There's no statted out epic progression for RS10 or WW5 I don't think, but you could easily extrapolate for War Weaver that each additional level allows for higher level spells in the Weave (in addition to epic feats). Pretty standard.

That's my recommendation.

-- G

eggs
2012-12-17, 07:10 PM
Silvermoony , I have no clue what you mean, I saw nothing like that in the class
The Spellguard ability gives the ability to "cast any personal-range defensive arcane spell on another character with a touch. For this purpose, a defensive spell is one that improves AC, increases a saving throw modifier, or grants additional hit points (either by healing wounds or by bestowing temporary hit points)."

Most of the really good personal-range buffs fall into one of those categories. (Divine Power and later-printing polymorphs grant temp HP; Righteous Might, Giant Size, Greater Visage of the Deity and Bite of the Werebear increase natural armor; Shapechange and Draconic Polymorph arguably increase NA and saves - they're more than a bit cheesy, but if you grab Shapechange with Substitute Domain and share it with noncasters, you can drastically strengthen the party)

The only trick is making the spells arcane. I forgot about that stipulation when I posted, but it could be overcome with southern magician without any trouble, and maybe by Alternative Source Spell, depending on how strictly your group treats the word "prepare."

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 08:06 PM
So this is a rough thing I came up with for a level 23 character

Gnome
Phenric Template
6 Beguiler
10 Rainbow Servant
5 shadowcraft mage

dspeyer
2012-12-18, 04:36 AM
Shadowcraft mage is certainly a good option.

I'll put in a mention for incantrix. All those buffs: wouldn't you like to persist them for free?