PDA

View Full Version : Monsters that can cast Epic spells?

Morph Bark
2012-12-17, 07:18 AM
Y'know, without being Epic themselves. CR 20 and below.

I know there's the Waste Crawler (Anhydrut) from Sandstorm, who can cast one 1/century, but that's the only one I know of. Are there any more?

Alleran
2012-12-17, 07:28 AM
I know there's the Waste Crawler (Anhydrut) from Sandstorm, who can cast one 1/century, but that's the only one I know of.
It might be slightly tangential, but I'm not the only one who finds that ridiculous, right? It's a CR9 and 8HD construct that can cast an epic spell, even a fairly average epic spell (at best), as a spell-like ability. Get enough in one place and the 1/century limitation is peanuts.

To answer your question, there might be creatures like that in Frostburn and Stormwrack, since those follow a similar general outline to Sandstorm.

Yora
2012-12-17, 07:48 AM
It's a plot device. The GM could also just say "that guy has crafted a magic item for the last 50 years that causes this massive event when crushed". And the GM could also give him dozens of these things so the 1/century limitation doesn't apply either.

Runestar
2012-12-17, 08:22 AM
Kobold warrior4/wiz17 (or sorc17 with greater rite). Cr18, eligible for the epic spell casting feat.