PDA

View Full Version : [Dresden Files] Name in Progress

Pages : [1] 2 3

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 01:07 PM
IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271681)

TRACKER (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhlZuS4E3uw_dEtRUmpiU2d1Yk9PMmJ3SHZQelBNL UE&usp=sharing)

1) All dice rolls are spoilered.
2) Spoken text is in quotes, thoughts are in italics.
3) Everyone gets a color for speech and thoughts. NPCs will use this color unless there are two or more NPCs speaking which in that case I will use different colors.
4) All rolls, are public.
5) Please do use correct grammar if you are not using correct grammar I will assume that that is due to you role playing a specific situation.
6) As far as minimum posts I'm thinking two to three posts per week, Weekends and Holidays are exempt. If four days have gone by and you have not replied I will decide your action and if you haven't replied within two weeks then your character will become an NPC.
7) FATE Point Refresh will handed out after your character gets a good nights rest and Advancement (Leveling up) will be determined by plot advancements.
8) Metagaming in here is fine. Discuss strategies and whatnot. I assume you all would talk about strategy out of combat (like, as characters). If need you can post an OOC comment in the IC thread, spoilered, as long as it is a short comment or just simply stating your true intentions in a scene.
9) As far as Character Sheets and were to post them I'll have to come up with something but feel free to give me some ideas. Also, I'll come up for a Format for everyone's IC posts so we can see everyone's Aspects, Stress, Consequences, and Current Fate Point stash.

Big16:
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
• Dresden Files RPG (FATE system)
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
• Still thinking about it, plus City/Character Creation will be determining a lot of our game.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
• 4-5 players at most.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
• These forums.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
• Chest Deep (unless otherwise determined)
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
• N/A (depends on character)
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
• I’m open to most character ideas but homebrew or non-canon powers have to be agreed by me and maybe tweaked if it seems broken.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
• In DFRPG almost everyone is either human or half-human.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
• Chest-Deep (8 refresh, 30 skill points, skill cap at Superb)
• Every Template is open.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
• Yes you may not be evil but you can be as grey as you want as long as you don’t steer towards pure evil. Also, you have to be a team player, there may come situations where its possible you might screw your partner over but nothing to the extreme of handing him over to the Ghouls so you can walk away clean.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
• N/A
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
• You can make your own rolls. We will be using Fudge/Fate dice and I don’t know if these forums have fudge dices so I don’t know how we are going to do this.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
• None that I can think of.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
• Yes this will be determined in Character Creation
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
• I usually stick to roleplaying, mystery/puzzle solving, some social combats, and very dangerous battles.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
• Mainly the DFRPG player’s handbooks for the players ( DFRPG Your Story)

We will go ahead and start with City Creation first. Now I know Sanguine proposed London does anybody else have any other ideas or preference. I am not very familiar with London but am not declining the city as a choice.

Additionally, the time frame was going to be during the Vampire War is that okay with everybody?

Character & Phases Sheet:

City Sheet
http://www.scribd.com/doc/121793858/London-City-Sheet?secret_password=ujtguz26gmygzd1wsva

Character Sheets:

Natalia
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490928/Natalia-Voroni-Character-Sheet-Human?secret_password=1y7a95ehuqdw5xt1yq5l
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490927/Natalia-Voroni-Character-Sheet-Raven?secret_password=1o3xyu1a40qonmy7dsn2

Jason
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490918/Jason-Athas-Character-Sheet?secret_password=1a9tsn2p3ogj796izte3

Hank
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490917/Hungaliant-Hank-Webber-Character-Sheet?secret_password=5ljrsk6ywqo2r0nxbsr

Cara
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490919/Cara-Hunt-Character-Sheet?secret_password=12exup71jcrjcmb02hue

Skaarin
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490923/Skaarin-Grimseth-Character-Sheet?secret_password=1jsauvugbhtslm1sa7tf

Phases Sheets:

Natalia
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490926/Natalia-Voroni-Phases-Sheet?secret_password=29y987n7c5he0wodr8gc

Jason
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490920/Jason-Athas-Phases-Sheet?secret_password=1fcrm0nh0hokamjxksjs

Hank
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490916/Hungaliant-Hank-Webber-Phases-Sheet?secret_password=1q26jp47s9s056zmu33z

Cara
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490921/Cara-Hunt-Phases-Sheet?secret_password=aw7dsmit09hlf99z2im

Skaarin
http://www.scribd.com/doc/125490925/Skaarin-Grimseth-Phases-Sheet?secret_password=5ibm5nvvu5tre76lmd8

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 03:37 PM
*Subsribing to thread.* It won't come up for a while, but I've got a question. How are we going to handle the Guest Starring portion of Character Creation.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 03:58 PM
I'm fine with the time and place. My only exposure to London is through Sherlock Holmes and Kerboros Club. so very familiar with the local varieties of dirt and fundamentally flawed but surprisingly accurate (respectively).

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 04:06 PM
*Subsribing to thread.* It won't come up for a while, but I've got a question. How are we going to handle the Guest Starring portion of Character Creation.

I don't really understand your question but

When Guest Starring comes around Player A will look at Player B's Phase Three Aspect (The Story) and ask Player B how Player A's character helped Player B during B's first adventure. Once both players come to an agreement then you think of an Aspect that explains Player A's role, actions, or mindset.

I hope that explained some if not don't worry about it it will make much sense once we have everyone's Phase Three (Their first adventure) figured out and we have enough players to star in each other's adventure.

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 04:09 PM
I meant how will we choose whose stories people will Guest Star in.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-17, 04:12 PM

With wordomancy. Obviously.

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 04:15 PM

Oh that :smallbiggrin:

I haven't thought about it, It'll be up to you for the first one and then I will have to look and see who ran up short Guest Star-wise and assign whos in whos for the Second Guest Star.

Ok so so far we have two votes for London and I think we will pick that as a city and move on to City Creation unless anybody objects. Start researching urban legends, ghost stories, and abnormal stuff that goes on in London so we can be prepared to make one hell of scary, horrible, and dreadful place to play in.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 05:17 PM
Hizzah! I got in! whee~

I'm also fine with london. I do have interest in giving pittsburg a try (have you lot see that place? its a triangular island surrounded by three rivers! you might as well paint a giant mystic bullseye on it), but its hard to beat yee oldie 'london for low brow antiquity and age... seriously, that place has been around in one form or another for atleased two, and possibly over six, thousand years.

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 05:29 PM
On the topic of london.

Modern Day London is actually the result of several different settlements along the Thames all growing into one another. These included the Roman city of Londinium, later called London, and the Saxon city of Westminster as well as several smaller settlements. Many of the neighborhoods within the city have through long tradition maintained the names they had as independent settlements; for instance the City of London is Greater London's main financial district. These neighborhoods often have very strong cultural identities. In fact between 1986 and 2000 there was no unified government in London, instead being run by the elected councils of the various boroughs.

In fact London Government is in some ways a microcosm of the U.K. Much like the you have England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland all under the ultimate control of the U.K. You have the City of Westminster, the City of London, and the remaining boroughs all under the ultimate control of the Greater London Authority.

Now this is just my opinion but I think this is very fertile ground for a Theme. I'm not quite sure what it would be but I know it's there.

Another thing to take into account is that the White Council has it's center of operations in England, though I forget where exactly.

Though Pittsburgh sounds interesting.

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 05:47 PM
Well it seems like everyone is here, except for SilverNight, so let's move on to City Creation - London.

Realize that this will be our version of London, let's say a Sorcerer decides to set up his dark evil spell at the top of the London's tallest nunnery but wait there are no nunneries in London, doesn't matter its our version of London and by God its got a an eleven story nunnery.

We will now think of THEMES & THREATS, I would like everyone to submit ideas.

THEME = A city’s theme is a statement about something that recurs in the stories we tell about a city. It could be something that the mortal population tells about themselves and their city, or it might be something that the supernatural denizens talk about behind the scenes.

1.Some themes are general, things everyone talks about (even if not everyone is directly affected). A city known for corrupt politicians might have a theme like “If he’s a politician, he’s mobbed up.”
2.Some themes are more specific to a group in the city. A college town with a notorious fraternity of wealthy troublemakers might have “If the Beta Alpha Chis want it, they get it.”
3.Some themes are about cautionary tales people tell each other. Imagine the city where “If a pretty girl wanders alone at night, don’t expect to see her again” is a theme.

Essentially THEMES have been around for decades and are there to stay they won't change overnight and are extremely hard to get rid of.

THREAT = A city’s threat is a person, monster, group, or even a condition or circumstance that makes (or wants to make) life in the city worse for the mortal occupants. Sometimes this threat comes from outside, like a monster from the Nevernever. Sometimes it comes from inside, like a vengeful father who has decided to dabble in magic.

1.Some threats are people or other beings that have no clear agenda (at least, not right away), but make their presence known through their collateral damage or other horrible calling cards. Perhaps “A new warlock is breaking the Laws of Magic.”
2.Some threats give you an idea of their agenda, such as “The Red Court is expanding their territory into this city."
3.Some threats are bizarre and more metaphysical than real, though they don’t threaten mortals any less, such as “The Summer and Winter Courts are using this city in their machinations.”

Essentially THREATS should have a Face someone you can get to and can be changed overnight (at the cost of a few lives).

Keep in mind that our game is set during the Vampire War. Even if we are not involved directly in the fighting this War has ripples that affects the Supernatural community.

Anybody that has a good idea feel free to submit it now here is the process:

Write your THEME or THREAT (just a sentence please)

Then explain your THEME or THREAT (not more than a six sentences you have to leave me the GM with room to fill in the rest of THEME or THREAT)

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 05:56 PM
On the topic of london.
In fact London Government is in some ways a microcosm of the U.K. Much like the you have England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland all under the ultimate control of the U.K. You have the City of Westminster, the City of London, and the remaining boroughs all under the ultimate control of the Greater London Authority.

Now this is just my opinion but I think this is very fertile ground for a Theme. I'm not quite sure what it would be but I know it's there.

Another thing to take into account is that the White Council has it's center of operations in England, though I forget where exactly.

Though Pittsburgh sounds interesting.

I think that makes a great THEME (just make sure you reword it) and I don't exactly recall the White Council HQ at the moment.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 06:01 PM
its in edinburgh actually!

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 06:04 PM
its in edinburgh actually!

Oh.:smallredface: Well I feel a little stupid now. Though that is still in the U.K. so I wasn't completely off the mark.

Anyway, I'll start thinking about the best way to word that Theme.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 06:22 PM
Theme: The oldest of old traditions
Threat: Werewolves of London

the theme relates to London's history and the close proximity to major mystical organizations.

for the threat i was thinking IRA hexenwolfen but this is a group exercise.

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 06:27 PM
Is the IRA still around? I would think that since the Troubles have been over for a while now that the IRA would have disbanded.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 06:29 PM
Realize that this will be our version of London, let's say a Sorcerer decides to set up his dark evil spell at the top of the London's tallest nunnery but wait there are no nunneries in London, doesn't matter its our version of London and by God its got a an eleven story nunnery.

They sure as **** are!! :smallwink:

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 06:36 PM
Fair point. I like the idea of supernatural IRA terrorists. But I think Faerie might be a more interesting supernatural connection. After all much of Dresdenverse Faerie is based on British folklore. Heck the word Sidhe is Celtic. Also perhaps they aren't strictly IRA, there should definitely be a major IRA presence, but maybe also a sprinkling of people fighting for Scottish and Welsh independence. Basically a group fighting for the independence of the Celtic nations.

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 07:09 PM
Theme: The oldest of old traditions
Threat: Werewolves of London

the theme relates to London's history and the close proximity to major mystical organizations.

for the threat i was thinking IRA hexenwolfen but this is a group exercise.

While I do like IRA Hexewolfen idea they seem to be more of a Face of the city than a threat you can however, rephrase it into a THREAT something along the lines of:

"the IRA fights for freedom but what does the Demon who grants them their power fight for"

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 07:11 PM
I think that makes a great THEME (just make sure you reword it) and I don't exactly recall the White Council HQ at the moment.

Okay, I think I've come up with a good name for the Theme: A City Divided.

I think it rather nicely conveys everything I was going for. Though if anyone else has suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 07:16 PM
Mhm

Theme: City On a City
Threat: What Lurks Beneath

City On A City: London has been razed before, but what no on knows is that the old cities are still there. Beneath the surface; sunk in the soft mud of the River, ruins long buried from pre-roman times, ancient roman catacombs, tunnels made by those who came later, seeking treasure, modern sewers and subway lines. There is a whole world down there... if one knows where to look.

What Lurks Beneath: Perhaps someone dug too deep, uncovered something they shouldnt have, something ancient and malevolent, something long sealed away. But now... He Who Walks Beneath reaches out from his prision seeking one who might free him.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 07:17 PM
Fair point. I like the idea of supernatural IRA terrorists. But I think Faerie might be a more interesting supernatural connection. After all much of Dresdenverse Faerie is based on British folklore. Heck the word Sidhe is Celtic. Also perhaps they aren't strictly IRA, there should definitely be a major IRA presence, but maybe also a sprinkling of people fighting for Scottish and Welsh independence. Basically a group fighting for the independence of the Celtic nations.

The wolf belts are granted to the wearer by a supernatural power. Terrorists could get desperate enough to ask the fey for power.

MPR I'm down with the rephrasing. "the IRA fights for freedom but what does the Creature who grants them their power fight for" is a bit less specific though.

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 07:29 PM
Mhm

Theme: City On a City
Threat: What Lurks Beneath

City On A City: London has been razed before, but what no on knows is that the old cities are still there. Beneath the surface; sunk in the soft mud of the River, ruins long buried from pre-roman times, ancient roman catacombs, tunnels made by those who came later, seeking treasure, modern sewers and subway lines. There is a whole world down there... if one knows where to look.

What Lurks Beneath: Perhaps someone dug too deep, uncovered something they shouldnt have, something ancient and malevolent, something long sealed away. But now... He Who Walks Beneath reaches out from his prision seeking one who might free him.

I really like both of these. Have you read Neverwhere cause both of these make me think of it. There could be all kinds of fun and surreal things going on underneath the city. Maybe even a whole thriving supernatural community, it would be awesome. And Outsiders are all kinds of scary fun.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 07:49 PM
I really like both of these. Have you read Neverwhere cause both of these make me think of it. There could be all kinds of fun and surreal things going on underneath the city. Maybe even a whole thriving supernatural community, it would be awesome. And Outsiders are all kinds of scary fun.

nope! *adds to reading list*

the former i drew from Erikson's Malazan Book Of the Fallen; the dangers of building cities atop more ancient edifice is a theme that crops up occasionally. In the latter case, i was waxing alittle lovecraftian. :smallwink:

Wyntonian
2012-12-17, 08:04 PM
Hey folks, if you happen to have room for one more person, I'd absolutely love to join! I'm actually rereading Neverwhere for the first time in a while, and I have an idea for a character or two that would work at Chest Deep.

Specifically, I would play as either a White Court Wizard, or the bearer of Kunasagi, the legendary Japanese sword (Not Shiro's sword) that lets the bearer control the winds. I'd use a Item of Power with Channeling (Air) and an ability that replaces discipline with weapons to control it, and a bucketload of fun stunts.

That said, if you have enough players, I'm perfectly willing to bugger off. :smallsmile:

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 08:07 PM
Kusanagi is shiros sword though. :smalltongue:

Wyntonian
2012-12-17, 08:22 PM
Kusanagi is shiros sword though. :smalltongue:

Hush now :smalltongue:

Also, I'd like to apologize, I didn't realize this game was already in the OOC, I just saw it under the recruitment thing and didn't check. Sorry to intrude :smallredface:.

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 10:01 PM
@ Wyntonian: sorry we already have a full party.

Okay so far we have proposed:

THEMES:
City On a City
The oldest of old traditions
A City Divided

THREATS:
What Lurks Beneath
Werewolves of London

These are all good but we can only take 3 and at least one THEME and one THREAT. Also, suggestions are not closed so if you think of anything don't feel shy to propose it.

Now everyone essentially has their IDEA for their THEME/THREAT now what you need to do is think of an ASPECT that defines your THEME/THREAT and if possible narrow down a FACE for your THEME/THREAT.

This line is reserved for ASPECTS which I will explain tomorrow once I have my books with me.
A THEME/THREAT Aspect encompasses the most important features and elements that makes that THEME/THREAT unique but still grants flexibility. For Example, If we had a THREAT of Red Court Vamps taking over parts of London the Aspect could be "Tipping the Supernatural Melting Pot" or "Everywhere is Someone's Turf"

As far as the FACE is concerned it doesn't have to be an individual person/creature it can be an organization or a community or if you would like you can leave it blank you can.

(If anybody is curious as to what I'm doing look at the City Sheet (High Level) and notice the City-Wide Themes and Threats Section)

ManifestPR
2012-12-17, 10:05 PM
Mhm

I know I shouldn't pick favorites but c'mon this is bad ass.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 10:21 PM
We could tie the two threat ideas together.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 10:56 PM
Thats possible,

The Threat I imagine in He Who Walks Beneath, would be a long term, complex foe, akin to the Circle/Black Council from the Dresden Files. He seeks freedom, and would likely have many agents either working concurrently (thirty Armageddon pileup anyone?), or one one fails, seeking out another, allowing us divide up the game into clear chapters, as each foe is defeated and new one rises. The Werewolves could be one such group who has come into his service.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-17, 11:06 PM
The Werewolves could be one such group who has come into his service.

Thats what i had in mind. that basically come down to calling "What dwells beneath" the threat and "Werewolves of London" the face.

The Aspect could be something like. "The labyrinthine sewer system" or "You never know whats gonna pop up next"

Also i want green as my text.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-17, 11:12 PM
Also i want green as my text.
WELL YOU CANT HAVE IT!

kidding :smallbiggrin:

Sanguine
2012-12-17, 11:32 PM
We could turn City on a City into a Location, or multiple Locations, instead of a Theme. I think it would fit just as well there. Besides doing that as well as combining our two Threats allows us to keep everything.

ManifestPR
2012-12-18, 10:33 AM
Okay, so far we have:

THREAT

The Idea:

The Aspect:
"The labyrinthine sewer system" or "You never know whats gonna pop up next"

The Faces: (keep in mind that a THEME/THREAT can have more than one Face)

1.IRA Hexenwolfen
Concept-

2.He Who Walks Beneath
Concept-Trapped Outsider Seeking Available Mortal For One Time Encounter

So far its looking pretty good we'll need to arrange a concept for the IRA Hexenwolfen and He Who Walks Beneath which shouldn't be more than two to three words explaining primarily what that person/creature/organization is. For Example, a concept could be "White Court Prince" "Red Court General" "Something we just can't Comprehend"

Also I think we can polish the Aspect a little better.

I agree with Sanguine's earlier post about a Fae presence in London and to me it seems incredibly likely, due to the year long weather, that the Winter Court has had a strong presence in London for centuries now. This would make a great THEME.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-18, 04:55 PM
Trapped Outsider Seeking Available Mortal For One Time Encounter.

:smallbiggrin:

ManifestPR
2012-12-19, 10:12 AM
okay here is a suggestion:

THEME

The Idea:

Maybe London's constant rain and cold weather has something to do with its geographical location and the fact that its an island OR maybe it's got something to do with London being the home of Baroness Aisling Fairamay of the Winter Court. The Baroness has had control of the city for centuries and has secured herself a home in the mortal realm for whenever she pleases. While some may find her fair and caring beautiful none oppose her or let alone her followers. (sorry caring made her sound Summerish)

The Aspects:
"The cold sting of Winter" or "Year-Long Winter" or "SHHHHHH! SHE can hear you, she always is"

The Faces:

1.Baroness Aisling Fairamay
Concept - Noble Sidhe of the Winter Court

2.Marquis Ordalf
Concept - Baroness Fairamay's Right-Hand Troll

Let me know what you think.

ManifestPR
2012-12-19, 10:13 AM
Trapped Outsider Seeking Available Mortal For One Time Encounter.

I like this just think of all the compels.:smallwink:

Now if we're setting our game during the Vampire War (I think that's what everyone agreed on if not let me know because it can be easily changed but now would be the ideal time for it) our next THREAT should resemble the ongoing war and what London's role in it is, if it has one.

Sanguine
2012-12-19, 01:14 PM
THREAT

Name: The Wizards Want the Vampires Off Their Island

Idea: London has for centuries been a home to many of the Red Courts elite. However the War has caused the White Council to reevaluate the wisdom of allowing so many vampires to live so close to their Headquarters, and London has become the most hotly contested city in Western Europe.

Aspect: City-Wide Battlefield

Faces:
Local White Council Wizard (possibly a pc)

Earl William Haraldson, Baron of the Tower of London, War Leader of the Red Court, and Lord Mayor of London.

Just a suggestion. Also just to be clear, the Lord Mayor of London rules only the City of London. That is to say the square mile of land that made up the original city and now serves as the main financial district. And the other titles I gave him are made up.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-19, 01:54 PM
THREAT

Idea: London has for centuries been a home to many of the Red Courts elite. However the War has caused the White Council to reevaluate the wisdom of allowing so many vampires to live so close to their Headquarters, and London has become the most hotly contested city in Western Europe.

Faces:
Local White Court Wizard (possibly a pc)

Earl William Haraldson, Baron of the Tower of London, War Leader of the Red Court, and Lord Mayor of London.

I like most of it. except the War leader of the Red part, most of the Red elite hangs out in South America. I think having an Iron fisted Black Court regional commander in London would fit London's mystic better. (The war was with the vampire courts as a whole remember, not just the reds) TBH if i think london vampires i think haughty Black Court.

Local White Court Wizard (possibly a pc)
Also wait what? were you gonna play a vampire wizard?? Do we have points to pull that off?

Sanguine
2012-12-19, 02:03 PM
I like most of it. except the War leader of the Red part, most of the Red elite hangs out in South America. I think having an Iron fisted Black Court regional commander in London would fit London's mystic better. (The war was with the vampire courts as a whole remember, not just the reds) TBH if i think london vampires i think haughty Black Court.

Also wait what? were you gonna play a vampire wizard?? Do we have points to pull that off?

I meant the War Leader for the Brittish Front. Though yeah he could work as a Black Court Vamp, though we'd probably have to drop the Lord Mayor title.

As for the Wizard, that was supposed to be White Council not Court

ManifestPR
2012-12-19, 02:15 PM
Why don't we do two FACES:

Earl William Haraldson -Black Court Baron and Lord of London

and

Federico Aureliano Ramos - Red Court Count and Leader of the UK war front

Above we have Count Ramos who has to ally himself with Baron Haraldson despite his obvious hate towards Haraldson.

Sanguine
2012-12-19, 02:39 PM
I like it. Though it needs a White Council Face too. Both sides of the conflict need representation after all.

ManifestPR
2012-12-19, 02:41 PM
I like it. Though it needs a White Council Face too. Both sides of the conflict need representation after all.

Right you are, what do you guys propose?

Sanguine
2012-12-19, 02:54 PM
Right you are, what do you guys propose?

Well my Wizard could make a really good Face as he has a very personal stake in the War.

Other than that.

Simon Dunbar, Warden of the White Council.

One of the Council's oldest and most experienced Wardens. After the Vampire War broke out Dunbar came out of retirement to help with the war effort.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-19, 03:58 PM
Well my Wizard could make a really good Face as he has a very personal stake in the War.

Other than that.

One of the Council's oldest and most experienced Wardens. After the Vampire War broke out Dunbar came out of retirement to help with the war effort.

I vote for the warden.

ManifestPR
2012-12-19, 05:34 PM

Other than that.

I like the idea of a Retired Warden That Came Back Into The Fray

However, Sanguine if you want to play a Warden that's fine with me but non of the PCs can be FACES during City Creation.

Sanguine
2012-12-19, 11:12 PM
I like the idea of a Retired Warden That Came Back Into The Fray

However, Sanguine if you want to play a Warden that's fine with me but non of the PCs can be FACES during City Creation.

He's not actually a Warden. Anyway, no PC Faces got it.

Silver Night
2012-12-20, 01:53 AM
Sorry I haven't been contributing much yet, work atm is crazy and this thing is moving fast. :smallbiggrin:

I'm also not familiar with this process, so trying to learn as we go along a bit (aside from the description in the book). Watching you guys shape things up is very helpful.

I was thinking, for the Vampires, one might be subordinate to the other - perhaps the red court noble is just that, a noble, and is seconded to the black court ruler of London as a show of solidarity from the red to the black, since London might be traditionally Black and White territory and the Reds don't have a big organization there (or perhaps the Council managed to hit the Reds hard there, early in the war, since it's so near their HQ) but still want to prosecute the war.

They can still hate each other, but I thought that nominal subordinate with an agenda might be more interesting.

Sanguine
2012-12-20, 02:10 AM
I approve of Red Court Starscream.:smallamused:

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-20, 06:57 AM
I approve of Red Court Starscream.:smallamused:

Pretty sure every vampire second in command is Starscream.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-20, 11:03 AM
or perhaps the Council managed to hit the Reds hard there, early in the war, since it's so near their HQ but still want to prosecute the war.

I actually really like this.

Rather than City Wide battle field. The aspect could be "recent battle scars" or "monsters kept ona tight leash"

which brings me to another though. there could be a lot of tension between english wizards and english monsters because of the asctions taken to remove the reds from london early in the war.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-20, 11:08 AM
THREAT

Name: Well, this Council is Certainly Black

Idea: England was once the most powerful nation on earth. A small group of Wizards still think this should be so. They've created their own 'White Council' in secret and have begun working on once more making England a force to be reckoned with. They are of course, based in London. Plenty of hiding places and bolt holes.

Aspect: Once We Ruled The World

Faces:
Working on this bit. But I'm betting the main one would be a Wizard.

Possibly some Fae influence in there as well.

ManifestPR
2012-12-20, 09:05 PM
This is looking really good people I think we definitely have enough THREATS so I would like for somebody to suggest one more THEME and then we will select our choices. From then we can get into making our FACES and LOCATIONS.

FYI I just started my holiday break as of now so if my posting frequency seems to decrease it is not from lack of interest (trust me I'm really enjoying myself so far) it's just from lack of internet accessibility.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-20, 10:20 PM
Theme: Tourists sure do get around!

Aspect: 'Tourists' Make the Rivers Run Green

Who doesn't like a good smuggling operation eh? I mean, I'm fond of them.

I also wanted to ask if we're set on being Chest Deep, because I'd like to be Submerged. It just gives you so many more options and shows you've been in the supernatural world for a while.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-20, 10:46 PM
I'm open, but my understanding is that submerged can get pretty crazy

Unbeknownst
2012-12-20, 10:51 PM
I'm open, but my understanding is that submerged can get pretty crazy

I like crazy. Besides, a world of supernatural creatures and magic needs a bit of crazy.

Besides, if something isn't horribly, scarily broken in a world of terrifying creatures that can rip you apart with their eye lazers, I'd be a tad worried.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-20, 11:04 PM
The difference between the two is only 2 refresh and 5 skill points. If MPR doesn't care then i don't mind.

I like the idea of having a having the tourism theme. Not a huge fan of the aspect (not very useful / not interested in it). I'd prefer

Aspect: There's always a bugger with a camera.

Sanguine
2012-12-20, 11:06 PM
I'd prefer Chest Deep but I'm okay with Submerged.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-20, 11:16 PM
The difference between the two is only 2 refresh and 5 skill points. If MPR doesn't care then i don't mind.

I like the idea of having a having the tourism theme. Not a huge fan of the aspect (not very useful / not interested in it). I'd prefer

Aspect: There's always a bugger with a camera.

Ooh. I like that Aspect better.

Remember! Capitalization!

Silver Night
2012-12-20, 11:36 PM
From what I understand Chest Deep/Submerged is basically a starting point, isn't it? Of course, play by post can suffer from things not moving terribly quickly, but we should progress at some point?

On the Tourism theme - would that aspect be related to the non-supernatural's interaction with the supernatural in the city?

ManifestPR
2012-12-21, 02:24 AM
Hi guys we're sticking to Chest Deep, while there doesn't seem to be much an increase from Chest Deep to Submerged I can assure you that there is a ridiculous difference.

I've GM-ed both Power Levels and Submerged can get extremely crazy extremely fast. Essentially your characters will be the heaviest hitters in town and will constantly be on the defensive because all other Powers will see you as a constant threat. Submerged games usually have a tendency to go Global very quickly.

However, at Chest Deep your characters have enough power to hold off against most Faces and are still able to (if you work together) defeat a strong foe.

I would recommend reading this article, as well as the Dresden Files Articles on this blog if you need certain things explained, since it is extremely helpful in understanding all the aspects of the game:

http://www.rickneal.ca/?p=594

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-21, 07:02 AM
On the Tourism theme - would that aspect be related to the non-supernatural's interaction with the supernatural in the city?

Ya basically it would just stress the secrecy of the whole thing.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-21, 04:14 PM
Had a new idea i thought id toss out... its abit of a stretch, but i think the awesome factor makes up for it:

Theme: Bastion of Civilization

London has been around for a long time, and always has it stood against the savage and the dark. The Romans fought the tribal Britons. The English fought Saxon marauders. The British fought the Nazis. And many others. Even when it falls, ever does it rise again with the soul of the human race. This has given the city a resonance, made it into a place of Power. Entering it feels not unlike crossing the threshold of a mortal home, though it lacks any physical effect, the creatures that enter it know instinctively that they have entered the house of Man. Wizards theorise that one day... if the trend continues, the city may well develop a functional Threshold... a whole city where the creatures of darkness are not welcome and powerless. Naturally, there are things out there that will do anything to stop this from happening, and some bad feng shui is only the beginning.

Aspects: House of Man,

Faces:
Jim Borle: the maniacal city planner whos greed puts him firmly in the pockets of our enemies

The Lady Of The Lake: Avatar of the City

...though, now that i think of it, this might only be good for a human only game... otherwise id suggest pocketing it for later.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-21, 06:57 PM
...though, now that i think of it, this might only be good for a human only game... otherwise id suggest pocketing it for later.

This will come back to bite my wolfey arse. down vote from me.:smalltongue:

Sanguine
2012-12-21, 07:50 PM
While a cool Theme I don't think it would make for the funnest game. Also you completely forgot to mention the Norman Invasion, so you know, Fail.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

ChaoticSky
2012-12-22, 12:31 AM
While a cool Theme I don't think it would make for the funnest game. Also you completely forgot to mention the Norman Invasion, so you know, Fail.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

i didnt mention the French either :smallbiggrin:

Silver Night
2012-12-22, 03:48 AM
THEME

The Idea:

London is a city where the old and the new are in constant tension. Stone buildings where Shakespeare or Cromwell once walked might sit across from shining towers 50 stories high dedicated to technology, international finance, and all of the ruthless gears of progress. That tension bleeds into the supernatural world, where factions who have been entrenched since before the Romans set foot on the island are still adjusting to - or resisting the encroachment of - newcomers who arrived well after the internal combustion engine.

The Aspect:

Something Old, Something New or Millennial Differences or Celts and Cell Phones

Faces:

I thought this might be a good one for the Fey, on the 'old' side. The relative 'newcomers' could be various things (including mortal organizations, like the police).

Notes:

Parts of this could also be included or combined with some of the other suggestions. I think it would also work well with some of the threats (What Lurks Beneath, for example). Might be a bit too similar to the City on a City theme (which I like a lot) - though on the other hand they might work well together.

ManifestPR
2012-12-22, 10:55 AM
Alright well I think that is enough suggestions, lets go ahead and flush out what we have. I'll post everything below and give everyone until Friday (due to the holidays) to change or add any of their suggestions.

Let me get all this together:

THREATS=

What Lurks Beneath (ChaoticSky)
THREAT

The Idea:

The Aspect:

1.IRA Hexenwolfen
Concept-

2.He Who Walks Beneath

Vampire War in London/The Wizards Want the Vampires Off Their Island
(Sanguine)

Faces:
1.Earl William Haraldson -Black Court Baron and Lord of London

2.Federico Aureliano Ramos - Red Court Count and Leader of the UK war front (Red Court Starscream)

3.White Council Face

Black Wizards in London (Unbeknownst)

Idea: England was once the most powerful nation on earth. A small group of Wizards still think this should be so. They've created their own 'White Council' in secret and have begun working on once more making England a force to be reckoned with. They are of course, based in London. Plenty of hiding places and bolt holes.

Faces:

THEMES=

Winter Court London (ManifestPR)
THEME

The Idea:

Maybe London's constant rain and cold weather has something to do with its geographical location and the fact that its an island OR maybe it's got something to do with London being the home of Baroness Aisling Fairamay of the Winter Court. The Baroness has had control of the city for centuries and has secured herself a home in the mortal realm for whenever she pleases. While some may find her fair and caring beautiful none oppose her or let alone her followers. (sorry caring made her sound Summerish)

The Aspects:
"The cold sting of Winter" or "Year-Long Winter" or "SHHHHHH! SHE can hear you, she always is"

The Faces:

2.Marquis Ordalf

Tourism Fuels London (Unbeknownst)

Aspect: 'Tourists' Make the Rivers Run Green or There's always a bugger with a camera.

Bastion of Civilization (ChaoticSky)
London has been around for a long time, and always has it stood against the savage and the dark. The Romans fought the tribal Britons. The English fought Saxon marauders. The British fought the Nazis. And many others. Even when it falls, ever does it rise again with the soul of the human race. This has given the city a resonance, made it into a place of Power. Entering it feels not unlike crossing the threshold of a mortal home, though it lacks any physical effect, the creatures that enter it know instinctively that they have entered the house of Man. Wizards theorise that one day... if the trend continues, the city may well develop a functional Threshold... a whole city where the creatures of darkness are not welcome and powerless. Naturally, there are things out there that will do anything to stop this from happening, and some bad feng shui is only the beginning.

Faces:
Jim Borle: the maniacal city planner whos greed puts him firmly in the pockets of our enemies

Constant Historical Tension (Silver Night)
The Idea:

London is a city where the old and the new are in constant tension. Stone buildings where Shakespeare or Cromwell once walked might sit across from shining towers 50 stories high dedicated to technology, international finance, and all of the ruthless gears of progress. That tension bleeds into the supernatural world, where factions who have been entrenched since before the Romans set foot on the island are still adjusting to - or resisting the encroachment of - newcomers who arrived well after the internal combustion engine.

The Aspect:

Faces:

I thought this might be a good one for the Fey, on the 'old' side. The relative 'newcomers' could be various things (including mortal organizations, like the police).

City on a City (ChaoticSky)

Well I believe I managed to arrange all the suggestions so far if I missed one I'm sorry and please let me know. So now please edit your suggestion/s. I will need the finalized Aspect/Faces by the end of Friday.

After Friday we will do some voting, everyone will pick their top three choices (one THREAT, one THEME, and one THEME or THREAT) and we can figure out our THEMES/THREATS and from there move on to FACES (that's going be fun:smallbiggrin:).

OMG this is a long post.:smallsigh:

Silver Night
2012-12-23, 12:57 AM
So, we are editing our suggestions - can we also discuss and make suggestions regarding other people's threats/themes (or collaborate)

ManifestPR
2012-12-23, 01:24 AM
So, we are editing our suggestions - can we also discuss and make suggestions regarding other people's threats/themes (or collaborate)

Yes yes, please feel free to discuss and make suggestions regarding all the THEMES/THREATS, remember this is a group effort. I believe that doing City Creation as a group grants the players an invested and interest in the world/setting they are going to be playing in.

ChaoticSky
2012-12-23, 02:20 AM
Im tempted to add more faces to my Threat* suggestion, but I kinda want to leave it open so you can throw more surprises at us. Rather than workin off a checklist.

*fixed

Unbeknownst
2012-12-25, 03:47 PM
It's Christmas Guys! We need an X-Mas Theme!

ChaoticSky
2012-12-26, 01:00 AM
Molly beat us too it, hanging around with santas elves. :smalltongue:

ManifestPR
2012-12-27, 01:09 PM
I think I'll extent the THEME/THREAT deadline to next week since I'm pretty sure everyone, especially me, is busy with the holidays.:smallbiggrin:

ChaoticSky
2012-12-27, 02:54 PM
Ugh, do we have to? D:

Weve waited so long! like two weeks+ for what... revision if you feel like it? Its not like people can add much more. Pretty please can we move on? :smalltongue:

Silver Night
2012-12-27, 11:35 PM
We are actually making good progress. I could have mine revised tomorrow, but I would like a chance to discuss some of the others. Perhaps just extend it to the middle of next week or something, rather than a full additional week?

ChaoticSky
2012-12-28, 12:55 AM
*ponders* how about some old-style mobsters? you know, the Family. they can have a organization not unlike a secret brotherhood, and could conflict with exactly that, old hands who profited off the peasants since way back, now competing with modern mobsters?

ManifestPR
2012-12-28, 12:36 PM
Ugh, do we have to? D:

Weve waited so long! like two weeks+ for what... revision if you feel like it? Its not like people can add much more. Pretty please can we move on? :smalltongue:

This has been a slow process but believe me I've done this twice now and THEMES/THREATS is the slowest and arguably the most boring part of City Creation. Also I think the holidays have slowed us down, especially me.

We are actually making good progress. I could have mine revised tomorrow, but I would like a chance to discuss some of the others. Perhaps just extend it to the middle of next week or something, rather than a full additional week?

Good idea. So to speed everything up submit your final ASPECT and FACES (along with their concept) by Wednesday the 2nd. I will take over THEMES/THREATS that have not being finished by this date and make final decisions myself. Once we get this over things will move much much much faster trust me everyone loves making FACES and LOCATIONS.

ManifestPR
2012-12-28, 12:39 PM
*ponders* how about some old-style mobsters? you know, the Family. they can have a organization not unlike a secret brotherhood, and could conflict with exactly that, old hands who profited off the peasants since way back, now competing with modern mobsters?

This can be included during the creation of FACES for our city. If I was I you I would concentrate on finalizing your THEMES/THREATS ideas and ASPECT.

ManifestPR
2012-12-28, 12:47 PM
Okay I have a final ASPECT for my "Winter Court London" THEME:

"London is Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe"

I like it cause to me it seems like it can be compelled for either the NPCs or PCs favor.

Silver Night
2012-12-29, 09:51 PM
Can you explain that aspect a little for me? I'm still trying to get the hang of things. :smallbiggrin:

ManifestPR
2012-12-30, 01:04 PM
Can you explain that aspect a little for me? I'm still trying to get the hang of things. :smallbiggrin:

I'm not great a describing ASPECTS so here is an official definition.:smalltongue:

DEFINING ASPECTS
An aspect is a phrase that describes something unique or noteworthy about
whatever it’s attached to. They’re the primary way you spend and gain fate
points, and they influence the story by providing an opportunity for a character
to get a bonus, complicating a character’s life, or forcing a character to
make a skill roll in order to accomplish a goal.

For Example:

If you're character has an ASPECT called "My friends complicate my life"

I can compel you (paying you a FP (Fate Point)) to say that a van drove up to you and kidnapped you off the street because your friend owes a large gambling debt to a bookie and he is going to use you as leverage.

OR

You can tag "My friends complicate my life" (paying me a FP) to state that due to constant pain your friends cause you, you actually do have a magical bunker set up to protect you from the demon headed your way.

I hope this makes sense and I'm not just babbling.

ManifestPR
2012-12-31, 01:42 AM
So the ASPECT "London is Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe" can be used and interpreted in multiple ways.

I can compel a character and state that the building they burned down while fighting that Ghoul Lord was in fact one of Baroness Fairmay's favorite spots and she has taken your actions as a personal injury.

OR

You can tag this ASPECT and explain to Baroness Fairmay that granting you an army of pixies to help you fight the newly established Voodoo Queen is in fact beneficial towards her because it will help you keep London in pristine condition just as she likes it.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-31, 08:37 AM
Just want to point out that the "London is" part of that aspect is completly redundant since it's an aspect of the city.. of London.

Just saying.

Silver Night
2012-12-31, 04:15 PM
Even so, I think the 'London is' is important, because otherwise we just have 'Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe' which makes no sense.

Sir Swindle89
2012-12-31, 06:20 PM
Even so, I think the 'London is' is important, because otherwise we just have 'Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe' which makes no sense.

except yes it does because we're talking about the city in the first place.

aspects are basically asking the question what is this thing? in that case 'Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe' is perfectly sensible.

ManifestPR
2013-01-01, 11:08 PM
except yes it does because we're talking about the city in the first place.

aspects are basically asking the question what is this thing? in that case 'Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe' is perfectly sensible.

I don't really see much of a technical change from removing "London" from the ASPECT so I'm leaving it as is.:smalltongue:

Well its getting to be voting time I'll post tomorrow morning and open up the voting for THEMES/THREATS remember that all THEMES/THREATS that were left incomplete will be filled in by me if they are elected for our final selection.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-02, 09:50 AM
I don't really see much of a technical change from removing "London" from the ASPECT so I'm leaving it as is.:smalltongue:

There isn't any technical difference. Thats the point it's redundant. It's also 10 characters longer.

When you make a PC do you put 'Sir Swindle is very serious about symantics' as the aspect? NO of course not it's one of his aspects why would you need to call that out!? If this were campaign generation i would agree with you the London is would be needed. If it were an aspect of the barroness (seems probable) then Londond would be called out and not her name ('London is my favorive snow globe' as it were).

anyway this being the internet and me being bothered by it I now fully expect all of your NPC's to have aspects that call out their name first (third person aspects?) :smallwink:

ManifestPR
2013-01-02, 10:15 AM
There isn't any technical difference. Thats the point it's redundant. It's also 10 characters longer.

When you make a PC do you put 'Sir Swindle is very serious about symantics' as the aspect? NO of course not it's one of his aspects why would you need to call that out!? If this were campaign generation i would agree with you the London is would be needed. If it were an aspect of the barroness (seems probable) then Londond would be called out and not her name ('London is my favorive snow globe' as it were).

anyway this being the internet and me being bothered by it I now fully expect all of your NPC's to have aspects that call out their name first (third person aspects?) :smallwink:

WOW you are really consistent about this okay I'll change it like I said I really don't see much a difference so it's no bother changing it.:smallsmile:

ManifestPR
2013-01-02, 10:22 AM
Alright for the sake of progress we will start voting now. Remember you have to pick 3 choices and 1 has to be a THREAT and another 1 a THEME. If you feel uncomfortable picking in front of your peers your welcomed to pm your choices. Remember that all final choices will be tweaked and edited if I feel that they aren't complete.

Okay let the voting start first select your THEME then your THREAT and lastly your third choice. Below are our candidates.

THREATS=

What Lurks Beneath (ChaoticSky)
THREAT

The Idea:

The Aspect:

1.IRA Hexenwolfen
Concept-

2.He Who Walks Beneath

Vampire War in London/The Wizards Want the Vampires Off Their Island
(Sanguine)

Faces:
1.Earl William Haraldson -Black Court Baron and Lord of London

2.Federico Aureliano Ramos - Red Court Count and Leader of the UK war front (Red Court Starscream)

3.White Council Face

Black Wizards in London (Unbeknownst)

Faces:

THEMES=

Winter Court London (ManifestPR)
THEME

The Idea:

The Aspects:
"Baroness Fairamay's Favorite Snow Globe"

The Faces:

2.Marquis Ordalf

Tourism Fuels London (Unbeknownst)

Aspect: 'Tourists' Make the Rivers Run Green or There's always a bugger with a camera.

Bastion of Civilization (ChaoticSky)

Faces:

Constant Historical Tension (Silver Night)
The Idea:

The Aspect:

Faces:

City on a City (ChaoticSky)

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-02, 10:50 AM
Winter court is a theme? not a threat? you sure?

mah vote:
What lurks beneath
Vampire War

Winter Court

ManifestPR
2013-01-02, 11:46 AM
Winter court is a theme? not a threat? you sure?

Yea I wrote it as a THEME since the idea was that the Winter Court has been in control of London for eons. If it was a THREAT then the idea should be that the Winter Court have been recently trying to take control of London.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-02, 04:36 PM
yay progress! :smalltongue:

-What Lurks Beneath (mhm, we can put "The Shadow Of All Evil" as the Aspect, since its a driving force behind everything else we will face.)
-Black Wizards in London (Synergises excellently with the above)
-Winter Court London (Oh those silly faries)

Silver Night
2013-01-03, 04:51 AM
I'm going for:

Threats: What Lurks Beneath, Vampire War in London,

Theme: Constant Historical Tension (With a note that this theme could well incorporate a lot of 'Winter Court London', or vice versa, if we require a tie breaker.)

Sanguine
2013-01-04, 02:03 PM
Theme: Constant Historical Tension

Threat: Vampire War in London

Wild Card: What Lurks Beneath

With Honorable Mentions going to: Winter Court London, Bastion of Civilization, and City on a City

Silver Night
2013-01-06, 04:34 AM
Who else needs to vote?

Sanguine
2013-01-06, 04:50 AM
I believe Unbeknownst has yet to vote.

ManifestPR
2013-01-07, 10:45 AM
Well I will wait until Wednesday morning to give Unbeknownst some time but after that we are moving on with or without her (sorry Unbeknownst).

Anyways our final choices so far are:

THREAT: What Lurks Beneath

THEME: Tie between Winter Court London and Constant Historical Tension (if need be I'll roll a d4 here on the forums 1-2 = Winter Court London, 3-4 = Constant Historical Tension, just to assure everyone that I'm not picking my own suggestion)

WILD CARD: Vampire War in London

BUT

Lets start on FACES (yay), everyone (including me) will submit ONE Face of their own. This is your personal Face on the city, people can give you feed back but ultimately this is your decision. You can tie your Face with one of the THEMES/THREATS but honestly it will be more beneficial if you come up with a new one because each THEME/THREAT will get a Face (which we will work on as a group). We need 9 FACES (one for each person is 6 and one for each THEME/THREAT is 3)

here is the Format:

Name

The Mole Man

Is the Face of ...

Location (could be building, district, neighborhood, or concept such as crime or waste management) We will work on Locations after were done with FACES so if you would like to come up with your LOCATION now you can but it is not necessary you can just write in a place which I can define as it comes up in play. Essentially, I don't want you to feel like you have to pick this Location when it comes time to doing LOCATION.

With the High Concept ...

"I'm taking over London's sewers no matter the cost"

and Motivation ...

To achieve complete control of London's underground system and defeat the were-llamas that control the area

with These Relationships ...

Franklin Peter (Leader of the Were-Llamas) = Enemies
Stu Green = Supports the Mole Man
No more than two Relationships and your FACE's relationship can be with your peers FACE

Silver Night
2013-01-07, 03:03 PM
I'd like to suggest that (if need be) rather than a die roll, we can just incorporate some of both. In particular, I think that the main part of constant historical tension (the old guard and newcomers to the city) probably works just fine as part of Winter Court London. The Fairy Court would be the most likely 'old' group anyway, and I'm sure they have some problems with 'newer' entities in the city. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Otherwise, I'd probably say go Winter Court, if we need a tie-breaker.

ManifestPR
2013-01-08, 10:40 AM
I'd like to suggest that (if need be) rather than a die roll, we can just incorporate some of both. In particular, I think that the main part of constant historical tension (the old guard and newcomers to the city) probably works just fine as part of Winter Court London. The Fairy Court would be the most likely 'old' group anyway, and I'm sure they have some problems with 'newer' entities in the city. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Otherwise, I'd probably say go Winter Court, if we need a tie-breaker.

I think that's a great idea.:smallbiggrin:

Tell you what I'll come up with an aspect that fits everything together and you come up with a Face that represents the "New" side of the tension since the fairies are going to be the "old" side of the tension.

Couple of Questions:

Sir Swindle89 - Did you come up with a concept for the IRA Hexenwolfen that are face to the THREAT "What Lurks Beneath"

Sanguine - Did you come up with a White Council Face for the "Vampire War in London" THREAT?

AND remember to start working on your FACES

ManifestPR
2013-01-08, 12:15 PM
FYI I'm thinking of using Myth-Weavers to host the City Sheets and possibly Character Sheets. Unless anybody has any better ideas.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-08, 01:05 PM
I already have an account there so i'm down with that.

I was going to do the Hexenwolfen as a Face. faces are individuals right? so the actual face would be a prominent member, leader, or champion of the group?

Sanguine
2013-01-08, 01:15 PM
Simon Dunbar on page two. Looking back at your response I think you thought he was my pc. He wasn't, he was an alternative suggestion.

ManifestPR
2013-01-09, 10:24 AM
I was going to do the Hexenwolfen as a Face. faces are individuals right? so the actual face would be a prominent member, leader, or champion of the group?

Yes that's right the FACE has to be an Individual.

Also make sure to come up with a High Concept for the IRA Hexenwolfen as a whole so I can slap it onto "What Lurks Beneath"

Simon Dunbar on page two. Looking back at your response I think you thought he was my pc. He wasn't, he was an alternative suggestion.

Yes I remember that but I want you to come up with a High Concept for him so I can slap it onto a finish version of "Vampire War in London." From memory I remember you told me he wasn't a Warden so High Concept ideas would be "Wizard Private Eye" or "I only do Potions and Trinkets"

ManifestPR
2013-01-09, 11:17 AM
Here is our last THEME - A merge between Winter Court In London and Constant Historical Tension

It still is not finished I'm waiting on Silver Night to provides us with the faction that represents the "NEW"

The Idea:

London is a city where the old and the new are in constant tension. Stone buildings where Shakespeare or Cromwell once walked might sit across from shining towers 50 stories high dedicated to technology, international finance, and all of the ruthless gears of progress. That tension bleeds into the supernatural world and Baroness Aisling Fairamay of the Winter Court has had control of the city for centuries, however the (insert Silver Night's suggestion).

The Aspects:
"Out with the old, In with the new"

The Faces:

ManifestPR
2013-01-09, 11:25 AM
Here is one of my FACEs in progress:

Name

Bernie

Is the Face of ...

Neutral Ground (I'm thinking a bar, hookah lounge, nightclub, or a bowling alley).

"Charismatic Demi-God"

and Motivation ...

To provide the Supernatural residents of London a place to relax and let loose and maybe engage in some adulterous activities.

I need fellow suggestions.

Silver Night
2013-01-09, 12:13 PM
Should have that 'new' face for Winter Court in London tonight.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-09, 12:31 PM
Should have that 'new' face for Winter Court in London tonight.

hmm thats the angle you're taking with that. very interesting.

Sanguine
2013-01-09, 02:20 PM
Yes I remember that but I want you to come up with a High Concept for him so I can slap it onto a finish version of "Vampire War in London." From memory I remember you told me he wasn't a Warden so High Concept ideas would be "Wizard Private Eye" or "I only do Potions and Trinkets"

Yeah, we definitely got our wires crossed. I was saying that my PC wasn't a Warden. Dunbar most certainly is.

Okay I think I've got a good High Concept for him, tell me what you think: "Present and Former Warden Commander" (I'm not sure on the proper titles for Warden Rank, if such things even exist, but this is supposed to mean that he is a fairly high up officer but not the top dog)

Also his Trouble is: "I'm Too Old For This [email protected]&."

Also I'm working on a White Court Face who feeds on Greed. He'd be the Face for one of the city's two Financial Districts. But I haven't decided which yet. The two set a very different tone for him, and play into the "Constant Historical Tension" Theme. On the one hand we have the City of London which is very much old guard as it's the original square mile of land that London occupied and it's governance has been virtually unchanged for centuries. Then we've got Canary Wharf which is new and fresh and starting to eclipse the City.

ManifestPR
2013-01-09, 02:43 PM
Yeah, we definitely got our wires crossed. I was saying that my PC wasn't a Warden. Dunbar most certainly is.
"Present and Former Warden Commander" (I'm not sure on the proper titles for Warden Rank, if such things even exist, but this is supposed to mean that he is a fairly high up officer but not the top dog)

Yea we certainly did and that looks good we're wrapping everything up nicely.

Also I'm working on a White Court Face who feeds on Greed. He'd be the Face for one of the city's two Financial Districts. But I haven't decided which yet. The two set a very different tone for him, and play into the "Constant Historical Tension" Theme. On the one hand we have the City of London which is very much old guard as it's the original square mile of land that London occupied and it's governance has been virtually unchanged for centuries. Then we've got Canary Wharf which is new and fresh and starting to eclipse the City.

Well it's your choice but I like the idea of a White Court Vamp (you do realize that we now have all three major vampire courts in London).

For some reason all I can imagine is a pompous White Court Vamp standing on the top floor of One Canada Square and overlooking Canary Wharf (man that gives me goosebumps).

Sanguine
2013-01-09, 03:29 PM
Well it's your choice but I like the idea of a White Court Vamp (you do realize that we now have all three major vampire courts in London).

This is actually the reason I wanted to make a White Court Face.

For some reason all I can imagine is a pompous White Court Vamp standing on the top floor of One Canada Square and overlooking Canary Wharf (man that gives me goosebumps).

I like that mental picture. Chilling. Also it would make for a very interesting relationship with our Black Court Baron, who I accidentally gave a Norweigan surname. We have the tension of old versus new contrasting with the knowledge that our Black Court Vamp is one of the main reasons that Vampires haven't been driven out of the Isles. It should be fun.

Silver Night
2013-01-10, 02:30 AM
The Idea:

London is a city where the old and the new are in constant tension. Stone buildings where Shakespeare or Cromwell once walked might sit across from shining towers 50 stories high dedicated to technology, international finance, and all of the ruthless gears of progress. That tension bleeds into the supernatural world:

Baroness Aisling Fairamay of the Winter Court has had control of the city for centuries. Lately (lately by Winter Court standards in this case being the turn of the 20th century) there has been a challenge to her authority in the form of the dragon Luxauris. Luxauris, unlike many very old creatures, is adaptable, and over the past century or so has immersed himself in the world of financial instruments and and stock trades. For the past few decades he and Baroness Fairamay have conducted a shadow war for influence in London. It's been indirect, and (mostly) civilized.

The Aspects:
"Out with the old, In with the new"

The Faces:

2.Luxauris
Concept - Fire-breather in a Saville Row Suit

So, sort of a dragon-turned-investor/power broker. I'm thinking that he wouldn't be anywhere near say, Mr Ferro's level of personal power, and most of the moves and countermoves between the two would be through proxies and catspaws. Front corporations. That sort of thing. Powerful enough to be a real opponent for a high ranking Sidhe, though. He might also, being an influential businessman, be more involved with mortals than most of the other factions.

I figure he maybe moved to London shortly before World War 1 (perhaps to avoid, or displaced by, Kemmler's shenanigans) and started building his power base.

The role could actually even be played by a mortal, with a suitably adjusted time scale.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 09:49 AM
The Faces:

2.Luxauris
Concept - Fire-breather in a Saville Row Suit

So, sort of a dragon-turned-investor/power broker. I'm thinking that he wouldn't be anywhere near say, Mr Ferro's level of personal power, and most of the moves and countermoves between the two would be through proxies and catspaws. Front corporations. That sort of thing. Powerful enough to be a real opponent for a high ranking Sidhe, though. He might also, being an influential businessman, be more involved with mortals than most of the other factions.

I figure he maybe moved to London shortly before World War 1 (perhaps to avoid, or displaced by, Kemmler's shenanigans) and started building his power base.

The role could actually even be played by a mortal, with a suitably adjusted time scale.

I like it but here is a question would Luxauris be personally involved or does she/he have an Emissary of Power that conducts his business for him/her?

Does anybody have a draft for one of their FACEs I just think it's always good to brainstorm out loud.

Here are some Supernatural factions that we haven't touched upon:

The Fellowship of St. Giles
The Venatori Umbrorum
The Knights of the Cross
True Believers
Sidhe Knights
Chagelings
Were-Anything
Paranet Community
Minor gods
Ghouls
The Order of the Blackened Denarius
Ghosts
Sorcerers
Focused Practitioners

What about the Mortals:

Police
Special Investigations
Government
Academics
Mafia
Gangsters
People of Faith

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-10, 11:38 AM
Name
Whitney McFarland

Is the Face of ...
The IRA Hexenwolfen

High ideals at a high price

and Motivation ...

The Hexenwolfen are a were-somthing effectivly (symantics aside) and a hostile mortal faction

I didn't put a motivation yet because i dno't know how we want the IRA depicted in this world. I realize it'll have somthing to do with Norhtern Irish independence. But the specifics in this game world might affect things quite a bit.

Theres been a lot of talk about the supernatural powers being financially involved in many ways. Maybe the Hexenwolfen (socialists) act primarilly against the White Court greed guy.

IDK what do you guys think?

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 11:43 AM
Face

Name

Joseph Mocenigo

Is the Face of ...

Canary Wharf

Newly Risen Patriarch of House Mocenigo

and Motivation ...

Feed upon the Greed endemic to Humanity's places of business and commerce accruing obscene amounts of Money and Power in the process

Luxauris="We make each other ridiculous amounts of money. So for the time being I support him in his little Cold War against Baroness Fairamay."

Earl William Godwinson*="The old fossil is a stubborn fool who needs to get with the times. He has however kept the Wizards at bay, I'll give him that."

*This was the name I actually meant to give the Black Court Vamp. I got my medieval kings confused the first time around.

I'll add some more detail later, but for the time being I'd like to hear what people think so far. I'm not completely sold on the given name but other than that I like what I've got. Also I feel constrained by the only two relationships rule. Of course without it I would probably have all of my Faces having Relationships with all of the Faces, and that would take a lot of space.

The Venatori Umbrorum
True Believers
Changelings
Paranet Community
Minor gods
The Order of the Blackened Denarius
Ghosts
Sorcerers

Police
Special Investigations
Government
Mafia
People of Faith

Expect some of these from me in the near future. I've already got a Ghost face kickin' around in my head, though I need to do some research first. The rest are all just things I think I could do something fun with.

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 11:55 AM
The Hexenwolfen are a were-somthing effectivly (symantics aside) and a hostile mortal faction

I didn't put a motivation yet because i dno't know how we want the IRA depicted in this world. I realize it'll have somthing to do with Norhtern Irish independence. But the specifics in this game world might affect things quite a bit.

I'll repeat what I said earlier in the thread. I think they should be fighting for Celtic Independence from the damnable English.

Theres been a lot of talk about the supernatural powers being financially involved in many ways. Maybe the Hexenwolfen (socialists) act primarilly against the White Court greed guy.

IDK what do you guys think?

Perhaps in exchange for her patronage in the war against the English they act as agents for Baroness Fairamay in her Cold War. This would put them in conflict with the Dragon Luxauris and Mister Mocenigo our resident White Court Vampire.

Even if we don't go with this exact scenario, I like the idea of them working with the Faeries.

Also boo double post. But I wanted to make sure you saw my comments.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-10, 12:31 PM
Perhaps in exchange for her patronage in the war against the English they act as agents for Baroness Fairamay in her Cold War. This would put them in conflict with the Dragon Luxauris and Mister Mocenigo our resident White Court Vampire.

Even if we don't go with this exact scenario, I like the idea of them working with the Faeries.

Also boo double post. But I wanted to make sure you saw my comments.

I wanted them to have the Lurker Below as their patron. And i'd rather have a terrorist group as an outright enemy than have to deal with thier moral dilemas.

Not that i have issues with moral dilemas or with PC motivated terrorism (i once dominated a pilot and crashed a plane into a nosferatu prince in a V:tM game) That discussion simply does not interest me.

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 12:37 PM
I wanted them to have the Lurker Below as their patron. And i'd rather have a terrorist group as an outright enemy than have to deal with thier moral dilemas.

Not that i have issues with moral dilemas or with PC motivated terrorism (i once dominated a pilot and crashed a plane into a nosferatu prince in a V:tM game) That discussion simply does not interest me.

Fair enough on the patron thing. But what moral dilemma?:smallconfused: The only thing I can think of in my post is the whole Celtic Independence thing but I don't see how that's any more sympathetic than your suggestion of socialism.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 01:14 PM
Both of your drafts look good.

The Hexenwolfen are a were-somthing effectivly (symantics aside)

Okay this is going to bug me if I don't ask - Are the IRA hexewolfen Were-Something or are they Hexenwolfen? Not be a jerk but there is a difference narratively and mechanically.

As far as their moral compass is concerned don't worry too much because ultimately they are mine to do with as I please. However, knowing what cause they fight for would be good and we agreed that He Who Walks Beneath is their pimp.

I'll add some more detail later, but for the time being I'd like to hear what people think so far. I'm not completely sold on the given name but other than that I like what I've got. Also I feel constrained by the only two relationships rule. Of course without it I would probably have all of my Faces having Relationships with all of the Faces, and that would take a lot of space.

I like it I'm not to sold on the name either it doesn't sound enough White Courtish. When it comes to the two relationships I think its a good idea because it forces the FACE to be involve with other FACEs but still leaves it vague enough for there to be secret relationships that PCs don't know about.

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 01:24 PM
I like it I'm not to sold on the name either it doesn't sound enough White Courtish.

Just to be clear. Is it just the first name you don't like? Or do you also feel this way about the surname? Cause I like the surname. It's the name of one of the Patrician families of Venice. Giving it a nice Old World flavor to it. And since Venice was a ridiculously wealthy Merchant Republic it dovetails nicely with the Greed aspect.

Also I meant to post this along with my draft but I forgot. We need more female Faces. We've got the Baroness and that's about it. Even my Ghost Face is male. I considered making the female ghost the Face, but I thought the little kid gave it a better ambiance. Even if there don't appear to be Ghost Stories about him, unlike Arbella.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 01:29 PM
Its the first name Joseph just reminds of Christianity.

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 01:36 PM
Its the first name Joseph just reminds of Christianity.

Okay. I've been looking up some alternatives and here are the ones I like.

Giovanni
Antonio
Angelo

I'm personally leaning towards Giovanni but I'd like to hear what other people think.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 01:46 PM
Giovanni sounds good.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-10, 02:18 PM
Okay this is going to bug me if I don't ask - Are the IRA hexewolfen Were-Something or are they Hexenwolfen? Not be a jerk but there is a difference narratively and mechanically.

Hexenwolfen fill the same role that a Werewolf pack would fill. Mechanically they are really the same thing. even the our world book says throw an item of power and demonic co-pilot on a werewolf and ur done. But yes they are Hexenwolfen specifically

As far as their moral compass is concerned don't worry too much because ultimately they are mine to do with as I please. However, knowing what cause they fight for would be good and we agreed that He Who Walks Beneath is their pimp.

Mostly I just want to kill them like Nazi's. I don't want to be working with the baroness and get thron on a mission with terrorists and have the conversation of wether going along with their high collatoral plan compromises our own morality. blah. blah. blah.

granted i'm not gonna play a knight of the cross or somthing and if some one else really wants to do that then cool. but i'm not setting up my face to make that likly. (I just had an image of Al-Queda Denarians)

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 02:26 PM
working with the baroness

Okay, I think this might be our problem. In my head the Baroness was an antagonist.

Anyway, my Ghost Face isn't quite ready for a proper write up, but I need some help with him.

Edward V is the Face of the Tower of London. A brief history lesson for those of you unfamiliar with him. Edward V ascended to the throne at the age of 12. Over the course of a couple of months his Reagent Richard III locked him and his younger brother, also named Richard, away in the Tower of London (ostensibly for their protection), declared the boys illegitimate, and took the throne for himself. From this point on the two Princes were seen less and less until they disappeared completely. They were presumed murdered; possibly ordered by Richard III, possibly someone else.

My idea for him is that he rules a ghostly court from the Tower of London that governs all of the ghosts of London. Possibly even the whole country. But I'm not quite sure how his court interacts with the cities other power players, or what his goals are.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-10, 02:54 PM
Okay, I think this might be our problem. In my head the Baroness was an antagonist.

She is the Face of a THEME not a THREAT and as we all know the fey are the fey her being Winter it is especially likly that if we can make the right bargin with her that is to her advantage she'll work with us. I suppose the same goes for the dragon but still. neither are strictly antagonistic at this point. they simply are and want things. (unlike us)

When we are and have our own wants. We can establish whose goals are compatible with ours.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 03:02 PM
Mostly I just want to kill them like Nazi's. I don't want to be working with the baroness and get thron on a mission with terrorists and have the conversation of wether going along with their high collatoral plan compromises our own morality. blah. blah. blah.

That's cool you always need Grunts. Have you decided on their overall concept for the What Lurks Beneath THREAT, if not I'll come up with something.

She's a fairy I think her alignment towards the PC depends on her mood and what hour of the day it is.

My idea for him is that he rules a ghostly court from the Tower of London that governs all of the ghosts of London. Possibly even the whole country. But I'm not quite sure how his court interacts with the cities other power players, or what his goals are.

Considering that he is a Ghost it's okay if he does not have a relationship. Additionally, once we start getting more FACEs added on you might see someone that seems to fit. A question, is he a Ghost or are you thinking of something like the "Nightmare"

Sanguine
2013-01-10, 03:12 PM
She's a fairy I think her alignment towards the PC depends on her mood and what hour of the day it is.

Very true.

Considering that he is a Ghost it's okay if he does not have a relationship. Additionally, once we start getting more FACEs added on you might see someone that seems to fit. A question, is he a Ghost or are you thinking of something like the "Nightmare"

Hmm, this is an interesting thing to consider. I don't want him as inexplicably tied to a singular goal as Kravos was, especially since I don't currently have a goal for him. But the idea that maybe he's something more than just a ghost, something greater, I like that.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-10, 04:26 PM
That's cool you always need Grunts. Have you decided on their overall concept for the What Lurks Beneath THREAT, if not I'll come up with something.

I preferr for my eldritch abominations to have unknowable agendas. So i vote you make it up your self so we ahve somthing suprising to uncover later.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 05:02 PM
I preferr for my eldritch abominations to have unknowable agendas. So i vote you make it up your self so we ahve somthing suprising to uncover later.

Sounds good to me.

Anybody have any questions please let me know and feel free to ask me anything, seriously.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-10, 06:47 PM
Mhm, the Walker i pictured as a kind of over-villan, the IRA are probably his primary goonsquad, but i do think he should have a hand behind basically all the local baddies, even if only indirectly, something like him wont be putting all his chips in one bet

(unless of course it helps to have a unattached antagonist just to throw us off. XD)

As such, i would ideally like to keep him Face-less, as it were, since if we ever actually come face to face with him instead of trying to thwart his agendas, then something has gone horribly wrong and were all about to die :smalltongue:

as for a Face... Mhmm.

Name
Sir Arthur D. Richmond Victoria Avalon IV

Is the Face of ...
The Lodge of Gents (A ultra-ritz gentlemans club where Arthur and men of similar disposition gather to plan their fox hunting trips, compare solid gold pocket watches, tastefully observe naked wenches dancing, and plot the downfall of everyone and everything whos fault it is that Britain is no longer Great)

My Monocle Is Worth More Than You.

and Motivation ...
Restore Britain to the Good Ol Days.

(ill leave this open for Gm to fill in, but hes probably only going to have positive relationships with men of similar power and noglastia, or those who can fake such. He is dismissive (at best) of 'commoners' and women.)

the face/location could make a interesting facet of the old vs new bit.

ManifestPR
2013-01-10, 07:19 PM
Mhm, the Walker i pictured as a kind of over-villan, the IRA are probably his primary goonsquad, but i do think he should have a hand behind basically all the local baddies, even if only indirectly, something like him wont be putting all his chips in one bet

(unless of course it helps to have a unattached antagonist just to throw us off. XD)

As such, i would ideally like to keep him Face-less,

I agree with keeping the Walker Face-less but I think we shouldn't tie all of our antagonist under a chief boss since it might make the game predictable.

Name

Is the Face of ...
The Lodge of Gents (A ultra-ritz gentlemans club where Arthur and men of similar disposition gather to plan their fox hunting trips, compare solid gold pocket watches, tastefully observe naked wenches dancing, and plot the downfall of everyone and everything whos fault it is that Britain is no longer Great)

My Monocle Is Worth More Than You.

and Motivation ...
Restore Britain to the Good Ol Days.

(ill leave this open for Gm to fill in, but hes probably only going to have positive relationships with men of similar power and noglastia, or those who can fake such. He is dismissive (at best) of 'commoners' and women.)

the face/location could make a interesting facet of the old vs new bit.

Is he a mortal? and is he in the know?

Remember guys and gals you can make a face that is in the dark about the supernatural. I'm not saying you should but just letting you know its a viable option.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-10, 08:29 PM
I agree with keeping the Walker Face-less but I think we shouldn't tie all of our antagonist under a chief boss since it might make the game predictable.
Well, the Circle is behind all the big events of the DF novels, that hardly makes them predictable :P

Is he a mortal? and is he in the know?

Remember guys and gals you can make a face that is in the dark about the supernatural. I'm not saying you should but just letting you know its a viable option.

and yes, he would be, he probably gets along swimmingly with the fae, as they have similar levels of arrogance :P

Silver Night
2013-01-11, 01:56 AM
I like it but here is a question would Luxauris be personally involved or does she/he have an Emissary of Power that conducts his business for him/her?

I think it very likely she would have an emissary, but on the other hand, she would be the direct counterpart to the Baroness in the theme. She is really, I guess, more the faction than the face. Any ideas for a possible Emissary?

Oh, and for gender, maybe female for Luxauris.

Does anybody have a draft for one of their FACEs I just think it's always good to brainstorm out loud.

Name

Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips

Is the Face of ...

London version of 'Special Investigations' - I'm thinking perhaps rather than starting out as the unit that got handed the 'strange' cases, they might have originally been a squad that handled antiquities smuggling and things like that. They started running into strange things more and more, and got a reputation, so that now when there is a strange case that isn't strictly in the purview of the 'Antique Squad' they still might be called in or consulted. Maybe semi-clued in, or at least have seen enough to be on the fence (some of them, at least). I'm imagining a group that has a slightly more scholarly background (since their job is technically tracking down/IDing/handling forgeries of/etc antiquities and stuff.) Lots of expertise in, if not the supernatural, at least the very old, for mortals.

"I just signed up to track down a smuggled urn or two, and now this!"

and Motivation ...

To keep his squad's head above water, and keep anyone from having to go through a psych review even when a statue they confiscate sometimes starts trying to get away.

Was thinking maybe a researcher from one of the museums, or a professor from a local uni who consults with them. Might be a supernatural creature of some kind, or a mortal who has also seen things. Help appreciated!

ManifestPR
2013-01-11, 10:52 AM
Name

Nathaniel McKinney

Is the Face of ...

St. Paul's Cathedral

"Crippled and Retired Champion of God"

and Motivation ...

To watch over his flock/London's soul and to provide a place of shelter to those who wish it in time of need.

Earl William Haraldson - Long Time Enemies

Simon Dunbar - Questions his methods but not his heart

Was thinking maybe a researcher from one of the museums, or a professor from a local uni who consults with them. Might be a supernatural creature of some kind, or a mortal who has also seen things. Help appreciated!

If need be guys/gals you can create another FACE under the with These Relationships ... but please try to refrain from doing so I would greatly appreciate if we try to connect the ones that already exist.

I think it very likely she would have an emissary, but on the other hand, she would be the direct counterpart to the Baroness in the theme. She is really, I guess, more the faction than the face. Any ideas for a possible Emissary?

Oh, and for gender, maybe female for Luxauris.

Sounds good would you mind if I take Creative Command over the Emissary of Power.

As you may have guessed Unbeknownst isn't with us any longer so I will be taking over her suggestions.

ManifestPR
2013-01-11, 11:27 AM
Here is another FACE

Name

Warren Corpsegrinder

Is the Face of ...

City of London Cemetery and Crematorium

"Recently Established Freeholding Ghoul Lord "

and Motivation ...

Leads the Corpsegrinder clan. To establish a haven for Ghouls and the London Cemetery and Crematorium provides them with plenty of meals.

Earl William Haraldson - Frequent Employer

ManifestPR
2013-01-11, 11:42 AM
Face
Earl William Godwinson*="The old fossil is a stubborn fool who needs to get with the times. He has however kept the Wizards at bay, I'll give him that."

*This was the name I actually meant to give the Black Court Vamp. I got my medieval kings confused the first time around.

I took note of this but I realized when I was updating our City Sheet that I still haven't changed his name but rest assured Earl William Godwinson is the Black Court Vamps name.

Silver Night
2013-01-11, 12:10 PM
Go for it on the Emissary of Power, Manifest. I'll keep an eye out for faces that would work for the relationships. :smallbiggrin:

ManifestPR
2013-01-11, 12:21 PM
As you may have guessed Unbeknownst isn't with us any longer so I will be taking over her suggestions.

Okay I got too carried away with having fun making FACEs that I forgot we're limited to 9 so this is what I have so far on the City Sheet.

Bernie
is the Face Of...
Neutral Ground
with the High Concept...
"Charismatic Demi-God"
and Motivation...
To provide the Supernatural residents of London a place to relax and let loose and maybe engage in some adulterous activities.
with these Relationships...

Giovanni Mocenigo
is the Face Of...
Canary Wharf
with the High Concept...
"Newly Risen Patriarch of House Mocenigo"
and Motivation...
Feed upon the Greed endemic to Humanity's places of business and commerce accruing obscene amounts of Money and Power in the process
Luxauris="We make each other ridiculous amounts of money. So for the time being I support him in his little Cold War against Baroness Fairamay."
Earl William Godwinson="The old fossil is a stubborn fool who needs to get with the times. He has however kept the Wizards at bay, I'll give him that."

Whitney McFarland
is the Face Of...
The IRA Hexenwolfen
with the High Concept...
"High ideals at a high price"
and Motivation...

is the Face Of...
The Lodge of Gents
with the High Concept...
"My Monocle Is Worth More Than You"
and Motivation...
Restore Britain to the Good Ol Days

Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips
is the Face Of...
London version of 'Special Investigations'-Antique Squad
with the High Concept...
"I just signed up to track down a smuggled urn or two, and now this!"
and Motivation...
To keep his squad's head above water, and keep anyone from having to go through a psych review even when a statue they confiscate sometimes starts trying to get away.

Nathaniel McKinney
is the Face Of...
St. Paul's Cathedral
with the High Concept...
"Crippled and Retired Champion
and Motivation...
To watch over his flock/London's soul and to provide a place of shelter to those who wish it in time of need.
Simon Dunbar - Questions his methods but not his heart
Earl William Godwinson - Long Time Enemies

Warren Corpsegrinder
is the Face Of...
City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
with the High Concept...
"Recently Established Freeholding Ghoul Lord"
and Motivation...
Leads the Corpsegrinder clan. To establish a haven for Ghouls and the London Cemetery and Crematorium provides them with plenty of meals.
Earl William Godwinson - Frequent Employer

Please look above and correct, change or fill in any information on you FACE.

We need 2 more FACEs and we're done. I know Sanguine is working on a Ghost FACE anybody else have any other suggestions.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-11, 12:28 PM
where's the warden? Dunbar i think his name was.

ManifestPR
2013-01-11, 12:35 PM
where's the warden? Dunbar i think his name was.

He's a FACE but just underneath the Vampire War In London THREAT.

Vampire War In London Faces:
1.Earl William Godwinson - Black Court Baron and Lord of London
3.Simon Dunbar - Present and Former Warden Commander
What Lurks Beneath Faces:
1. He Who Walks Beneath - Trapped Outsider Seeking Available Mortal For One Time Encounter
2.IRA Hexenwolfen
Constant Historical Tension Faces:
1.Baroness Aisling Fairamay - Noble Sidhe of the Winter Court
2.Luxauris - Fire-breather in a Saville Row Suit
3.Luxauris' Emisary of Power

Sanguine
2013-01-11, 01:09 PM
Expect Edward V later today or possibly tomorrow. I'll also add a litle detail to Giovanni at the same time. I also few more ideas for Faces, so I might post a few of those as well.

Sanguine
2013-01-11, 07:33 PM
Edward V
is the Face Of...
The Tower of London
with the High Concept...
"King of the Dead"
and Motivation...
Protect and safeguard his subject and expand his influence both in the world of the living and the dead.
Warren Corpsegrinder-"He's a big meany who desecrates and defiles the graves and corpses of our subjects. He shall know our wroth."

Giovanni Mocenigo (With fixed gender pronouns)
is the Face Of...
Canary Wharf.
with the High Concept...
"Newly Risen Patriarch of House Mocenigo"
and Motivation...
Luxauris="We make each other ridiculous amounts of money. So for the time being I support her in her little Cold War against Baroness Fairamay."
Earl William Godwinson="The old fossil is a stubborn fool who needs to get with the times. He has however kept the Wizards at bay, I'll give him that."

Some additional information.
How Giovanni suddenly rose to the top of his house is a matter of constant rumor, and no one outside the House really knows the true story. That doesn't stop them from speculating of course. There are all manner of stories from assassinations and bloody coups to blackmail and seduction. But whatever the case he has certainly proven more than capable at the job. His initiative to expand the House's interests in Canary Wharf has kept the purses and demons of its members quite full.

Silver Night
2013-01-12, 12:49 AM
I was thinking that DI Phillips might be an enemy of Sir Arthur, since the Gent's club seems like the sorts that might buy smuggled or even stolen antiquities? :smallbiggrin:

Still looking for another relationship. Do you suppose Nathaniel McKinney might also be something of an expert in religious artefacts? He might make a good connection for DI Phillips.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-12, 01:02 AM
I was thinking that DI Phillips might be an enemy of Sir Arthur, since the Gent's club seems like the sorts that might buy smuggled or even stolen antiquities? :smallbiggrin:

Still looking for another relationship. Do you suppose Nathaniel McKinney might also be something of an expert in religious artefacts? He might make a good connection for DI Phillips.

"Liberated... philistine."

:smalltongue:

Sanguine
2013-01-12, 01:52 AM
Another Face

Monty
is the Face Of...
with the High Concept...
"Pixie-Blooded Informant"
and Motivation...
"Keep my head down, don't make waves, and if big scary people come looking for information give it to them. Hopefully, if I follow these rules me and my pals won't be found floating facedown in the Thames."
Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips-"He doesn't kick the crud out of me when he wants information. I appreciate that."

The basic idea here is that Monty is friends with all of the city's Wee Folk so he knows damn near everything that goes on in the city. He is also a complete and utter coward so its not hard to get the information out of him. Unless of course giving away the information would piss off someone even scarier. Can't quite figure out what he's the face of exactly.

I also have an idea for up and coming Mob Queen/Upstanding member of the Venatori Umbrorum and a Denarian but neither of them are quite ready to post yet.

ManifestPR
2013-01-12, 03:24 PM
Another Face

Monty
is the Face Of...
with the High Concept...
"Pixie-Blooded Informant"
and Motivation...
"Keep my head down, don't make waves, and if big scary people come looking for information give it to them. Hopefully, if I follow these rules me and my pals won't be found floating facedown in the Thames."
Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips-"He doesn't kick the crud out of me when he wants information. I appreciate that."

The basic idea here is that Monty is friends with all of the city's Wee Folk so he knows damn near everything that goes on in the city. He is also a complete and utter coward so its not hard to get the information out of him. Unless of course giving away the information would piss off someone even scarier. Can't quite figure out what he's the face of exactly.

I also have an idea for up and coming Mob Queen/Upstanding member of the Venatori Umbrorum and a Denarian but neither of them are quite ready to post yet.

Okay I'm gonna have to stop you, I love the creativity but we don't have the room.

We only need one more FACE since we already have 8.

Everyone submit a FACE if you want and have one ready. I will then roll a die to see which one gets the lucky chance of getting to be our final FACE. I will do this Tuesday Morning, giving everyone plenty of time. Also, please finish the FACEs you have already submitted, such as writing their Motivation and Relationships.

After this we are moving to LOCATIONS and then Character Creation.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-14, 09:14 AM
is the Face Of...
The IRA Hexenwolfen
with the High Concept...
and Motivation...
To free Ireland from English Tyranny
Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips - An intelligent and respectable adversary
Sir Arthur D. Richmond Victoria Avalon IV - Represents every thing i hate in this world, But... my boss makes me work with him.
Ok I added the last half of the IRA FACE. I'm not sure how often Sir Arthur works for the walker if the 2 are mostly apart from eachother then i can get rid of the last part of the relationship.

Also if i win the die roll i think we need a Medical Examiner

On a secondary note. i think we should make up a rank of outsider called Lurker. Mostly just because the name of the theme is What Lurks Beneath.

ManifestPR
2013-01-14, 11:12 AM
is the Face Of...
The IRA Hexenwolfen
with the High Concept...
and Motivation...
To free Ireland from English Tyranny
Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips - An intelligent and respectable adversary
Sir Arthur D. Richmond Victoria Avalon IV - Represents every thing i hate in this world, But... my boss makes me work with him.
Ok I added the last half of the IRA FACE. I'm not sure how often Sir Arthur works for the walker if the 2 are mostly apart from eachother then i can get rid of the last part of the relationship.

Thank you for that and as far as the relationships that's something for me as the GM to worry about.

Also if i win the die roll i think we need a Medical Examiner

On a secondary note. i think we should make up a rank of outsider called Lurker. Mostly just because the name of the theme is What Lurks Beneath.

Go ahead and submit your ideas so far only Sanguine has submitted a possible 9th FACE (Monty) and with no other submissions the die roll will be useless and Monty would be picked by default tomorrow morning.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-14, 11:26 AM
Thank you for that and as far as the relationships that's something for me as the GM to worry about.

Ok what i was trying to get at there is that McFarland will work with Sir Arthur but only begrudgingly if it comes up. I don't think it's hard to see why a socialist irish seperatist would hate a super-rich english nationalist.

ManifestPR
2013-01-14, 01:44 PM
Ok what i was trying to get at there is that McFarland will work with Sir Arthur but only begrudgingly if it comes up. I don't think it's hard to see why a socialist irish seperatist would hate a super-rich english nationalist.

Oh yeah I completely understand lesser of two evils and all.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-14, 06:26 PM
Here's mine for the morning roll.

Name

Jennifer Moonflower Sunshine

Is the Face of ...

Morgue

Medical Examiner from a Flower Power household

and Motivation ...

There Has to be something more out there

Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips - We both deal with the weirder cases.

Warren Corpsegrinder - 500 bucks to go light on formaldehyde? Seems legit.

Born to a pair of grown up hippies that run an organic food shop in London Jennifer (never Jenny) grew up around a lot of talk of crystal energy and tarot and the like. When she went off to college she got into Wicca and more, to her eyes, "real" supernatural stuff. Now she works as the night shift medical examiner at London Bridge Hospital where she sees plenty of strange cases come through her door. She trys to get the strange ones pushed up the ladder but who would believe some one named Jenny Moonflower Sunshine.

So ya a believer ME that basically has her credibility on such topics shot down by her name (gender issues maybe too but what ever).

ChaoticSky
2013-01-14, 10:53 PM
[SPOILER]On a secondary note. i think we should make up a rank of outsider called Lurker. Mostly just because the name of the theme is What Lurks Beneath.
I could not disagree with this more strongly.

the titles are supposed to be thematic, 'Theres a Walker Sealed Away Under London' isnt a proper name for anything, whereas 'What Lurks Beneath' is very evocative. Further, degrading such a powerful and feared being like a Walker because of the way the theme is worded... i mean, i dont even have the words to express how silly that is.

In the same sense that london is not actually anyones snowglobe, and old london is not literally engaged in a battle with modern london via a time vortex :P

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-14, 11:23 PM
But Walkers walk. Lurkers must therefore lurk. Lurker sounds more master mind than Walker to me.

The books call the Walkers Knight class, iirc, the Summer Knight (for example) wouldn't be a master mind a Queen or a Lady would be. I can only assume there is a level above Walker that is more suited for plotting. I submit that should be Lurker.

Jeez "bo bo bo gotta have logical reasons for erre'thang bo bo bo"

ManifestPR
2013-01-15, 10:42 AM
But Walkers walk. Lurkers must therefore lurk.

I found this funny.

Jeez "bo bo bo gotta have logical reasons for erre'thang bo bo bo"

This not as much. (If there was a strict finger pointing at the screen this is where I would put it)

ManifestPR
2013-01-15, 10:44 AM
Here is the [roll0]

1-Sanguine's idea = Monty
2-Sir Swindle89's idea = Jennifer Moonflower Sunshine

EDIT: Sir Swindle89 wins so I'll finish up all the FACEs. Let's move onto LOCATIONs and by GOD finish this thing.

Format (plus our first LOCATION):

Name

St. Paul's Cathedral

Description

A large English Baroque cathedral.

Select THEME or THREAT - basically is it a new locale or has it been around for decades.

Theme

The Idea

A place of worship where one can speak to God.

The Aspect

“Sanctuary for when the **** hits the Fan” (they censored me hmmm)

The Face of the LOCATION
Name - Concept

Nathaniel McKinney - "Crippled and Retired Champion of God"

EDIT: I forgot to add this in there everyone has to come up with 2 LOCATIONs

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-15, 12:07 PM
I found this funny.

This not as much. (If there was a strict finger pointing at the screen this is where I would put it)

I apologize for my poor taste before bed.

MPR do you have an opinion on the actual suggestion?

ManifestPR
2013-01-15, 12:14 PM
MPR do you have an opinion on the actual suggestion?

As far as the LOCATION is concerned I would like everyone to just focus on already existing ideas but new LOCATIONs that might lead to new FACEs are welcomed.

Silver Night
2013-01-16, 12:37 AM
I need to make some index cards or something to track everything

Sanguine
2013-01-16, 12:40 AM
Okay here is a Location

Name

The River Thames

Description

The longest river in England.

Select THEME or THREAT

Theme

The Idea

An ancient and powerful river running through the middle of London, creating a mystical barrier between the north and the south.

The Aspect

"Ancient Boundary"

The Face of the LOCATION
Name - Concept

The Heron Princess-"Lady of the River, Formerly of the Winter Court"*

Originally I was going to make Canary Wharf and the Tower of London my two, but then I remembered the Thames and just had to do it. I'm not sure yet which of my original two will be my second location.

*I couldn't find a way to fit it into the concept that didn't seem clunky but just to be clear she is a Wild Fae now, not Summer.

Edit: I decided to change my Face into a woman on a whim. We need more female Faces, and more gorgeous Sidhe women is always a terrible good thing. Also Herons are kind of effeminate.

Silver Night
2013-01-16, 03:29 AM
Name

Victoria and Albert Museum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_and_Albert_Museum), Met Police Annex

Description

Police offices at the largest museum of decorative art and design in the world.

THEME or THREAT
Theme

The Idea

Home base of the 'Antique Squad', right in the middle of one of the biggest concentrations of art and historical artifacts (and perhaps objects of power?) in the world.

The Aspect

“Artifact Central”

The Face

Detective Inspector Hamish Phillips - "Armed with a Badge and an Archaeology Degree"

Was thinking we might modify Hamish's high concept a little too - not entirely happy with his current one. I'm thinking he is the head of the squad, but also a bit of a scholarly type. Professorial, almost. Jackets with elbow patches, that kind of thing. Ideas?

Could also use some help on the aspect!

ManifestPR
2013-01-16, 09:12 AM
I need to make some index cards or something to track everything

I have a City Sheet which once its completed will be uploaded for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Sanguine
2013-01-16, 12:53 PM
Could also use some help on the aspect!

Just brainstorming here, but how do these sound.

"Ancient Knowledge"

"Bastion of Culture"

"What Man Has Achieved"

"Shadows of the Past"

I personally like those last two. They just sound really cool and they seem pretty useable, both positively and negatively.

ManifestPR
2013-01-17, 09:25 PM
So does anybody have any ideas besides the ones mentioned above. Remember to look at your FACE's location for inspiration.

Other possible locales are:

Neutral Ground (run by Bernie but has not been decided on what it actually is)
A Ley line center (one point where all ley lines seem to come together)
London Bridge (Those pesky Trolls sure like their bridges)
Fancy 17th Century British Manors out by the country
Old Industrial sector (by old I mean Industrial Revolution old)
Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster
Chislehurst Caves (He Who Walks Beneath anybody?)
London Central Mosque (Maybe we have rivaling religious groups)
Canals (There sure is a lot of them)
The British Library (maybe were the first Archive was created and some failed prototypes were left behind)

Just some things to think about.

Sanguine
2013-01-18, 01:09 AM
Okay, here's my other Location.

Name

The Tower of London

Description

Ancient and foreboding medieval castle

Theme or Threat

Theme

The Idea

An ancient fortress and prison built as a symbol of oppression, haunted by the ghosts of its dark and bloody past.

The Aspect

"Soaked in the Blood of History"

The Face

Edward V-"King of the Dead"

Well that's that, I've met my quota, no more locations for me. Anyway, I'd like some feed back on the Aspect. I love the idea behind it, I just think it could be worded better.

ManifestPR
2013-01-18, 10:34 AM
I think the aspect is fine but other possible ideas are "Blood runs through these wall" or "Built upon the blood of the innocent"

ManifestPR
2013-01-18, 02:16 PM
Well we have 4 LOCATIONs out of 9 so far and they are all Themes coincidentally. Anybody else want to post a draft or an idea.

I mostly just want to finish this and move onto Character Creation and actually playing.:smallbiggrin:

ChaoticSky
2013-01-18, 04:31 PM
sally ho wutwut! :smalltongue:

ManifestPR
2013-01-18, 04:38 PM
sally ho wutwut! :smalltongue:

You lost me.:smallconfused:

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-18, 04:42 PM
OK I have the basics for my two locations

Name
London Bridge Hospital

Description
Privately Owned and Operated Hospital overlooking the Thames

Select THEME or THREAT
Threat

The Idea
A modern hospital recently renovated and reopened after being purchased by some members of the Lodge of Gents

The Aspect
Asks few questions and answers even fewer

The Face of the LOCATION
Name - Concept

Gerard Goodhelm – Completely Crooked Chief of Medicine

Jennifer Sunshine

Name
Piccadilly Circus

Description
The wild and crowded entertainment district of the West End

Select THEME or THREAT
Theme

The Idea
Home to many artists and entertainers as well as several shops and nightclubs, the Piccadilly Circus is a crowded energetic place all day and night.

The Aspect
“If you stay long enough at Piccadilly Circus you will eventually bump into everyone you know.”

The Face of the LOCATION
Name - Concept

Mack O’Niel – The Drunken Firebreather of Piccadilly

So i think they're still a little rough but the general ideas are there

ChaoticSky
2013-01-18, 05:52 PM
You lost me.:smallconfused:

ONWARD! :smallbiggrin:

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-18, 06:34 PM

WRITE YOUR LOCATIONS!! :smalltongue:

Silver Night
2013-01-18, 09:28 PM
Working on it! Should have both pretty much good to go by tomorrow evening.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-18, 09:41 PM
Name

Victoria and Albert Museum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_and_Albert_Museum), Met Police Annex

The Aspect

“”

"I know i left that canopic jar somewhere around here"
"The largest collection of ancient bric-a-brak in the world!"

Either of those sound good to you? idk if you prefer your aspects light or not.

ManifestPR
2013-01-19, 01:17 AM
WRITE YOUR LOCATIONS!! :smalltongue:

I have to agree with him in order to proceed we need to finish this.

OK I have the basics for my two locations

So i think they're still a little rough but the general ideas are there

I like them the way they are, honestly I wouldn't change anything about them.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-19, 08:10 AM
I like them the way they are, honestly I wouldn't change anything about them.

I geuss i'm a bigger critic of myself than i thought.

ManifestPR
2013-01-19, 12:18 PM

ChaoticSky would you rather me just take over your two LOCATION so we can progress further?

Silver Night
2013-01-19, 11:18 PM
I altered DI Phillips's High Concept to 'Armed with a Badge and an Archeaology Degree', Thought it fit better. Also added an aspect for the V&A Museum. For my second location:

Name

The Square Mile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London)

Description

Financial district and historic center of London, governed by the Corporation of London (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London_Corporation).

Theme or Threat

Threat

The Idea

A confluence of ley lines and financial power flow together in London's historic core.

The Aspect

High Finance and High Magic

The Face

Luxauris - Fire-breather in a Saville Row Suit

ManifestPR
2013-01-20, 01:54 AM
I altered DI Phillips's High Concept to 'Armed with a Badge and an Archeaology Degree', Thought it fit better.

That is a really good aspect. Good job.

The Idea

A confluence of ley lines and financial power flow together in London's historic core.

I like this

The Aspect

High Finance and High Magic

and this. Overall, good location.

Silver Night
2013-01-20, 02:12 AM
Face might be Lux's Emissary instead (or someone else), but I figured for now I'd plug in the creature who already has a name. Also, it might be a theme rather than a threat, depending on how sort of 'active' it is - not sure.

I like the idea of a Dragon with a corner office and a non-traditional sort of hoard. :smallbiggrin:

Sanguine
2013-01-20, 03:21 AM
Awesome. Glad someone went with one of the city's financial districts as a Location. We really needed it and with me dropping Canary Wharf for the Thames I was worried we wouldn't see one.

So now we just need Sky's Locations, right?

ChaoticSky
2013-01-20, 11:13 AM
fiiiiiiiiine :smalltongue:

Name
The Gents Club

Description
Half hunting lodge, half coutry club and half nationalist syndicate

Theme or Threat
Threat

The Idea
A place where old and powerful men hunt foxes, enjoy the finer things in life away from the riffraff, partake of the 'lesser gender' and plot the rise of the New British Empire

The Aspect
High Born, High Noses, Base Desires, and Dark Goals

The Face
Sir Arthur

Name
The Catacombs

Description
The ruins of Londons come and gone, sunk into the muck, and caves that are even older.

Theme or Threat
Theme(?)

The Idea
Though doors little used, and seldom noticed, one can descend into london's Catacombs; a mishmash of caves, mapped and not, sunken building foundations, roman catacombs and lost tunnels carved out in secret during WWII. Home to London's more fantastic residents. And darker things.

The Aspect
A Hidden World Beneath The Streets

The Face
(ill leave this to the GM)

ManifestPR
2013-01-20, 11:55 AM
Awesome everything looks good. I'll update and finish the City Sheet and post it as soon as I can, most likely Wednesday. Let's move onto Character Creation.

We're starting at Chest-Deep = 8 refresh, 30 skill points, and skill cap at Superb. I assume everyone has the DFRPG Your Story book or access to the book right?

1. Pick a Template
Pure Mortal
Champion of God
Changeling
Emissary of Power
Focused Practitioner
Knight of a Faerie Court
Lycanthrope
Minor Talent
Red Court Infected
Sorcerer
True Believer
Were-Form
White Court Vampire
White Court Virgin
Wizard
2. Create a High Concept
This is your main aspect. A phrase that sums up what your character is about—what and who your character is. This could be your job, your role in life, or your calling. Your Template must be included into your High Concept. Examples: Were Hawk Freelance Journalist, Young White-Council Wizard with a Dark Past, Nomad Daughter of a Dragon, Shut-In Savior sent from God, or Dejected Venatori Umbrorum.
3. Create a Trouble
This is your second main aspect and honestly will be the most frequent way you will get Fate Points back. Every character has some sort of Trouble it could be external, internal, or something from your past that you just can't shake. If you can't think of anything then just answer the question - What complicates your High Concept. Examples: Curiosity killed the Hawk, Sorcerer's Ex-Apprentice, My Family keeps me in the Dark, Social Anxiety, or Conflicting Ideologies.
4. Names
Your name pretty self explanatory:smallbiggrin:

We will just focus on these steps for now since essentially these will be the most important part of Character Creation. After this we will work on Character Phases and leave skills/stunts/powers for last. As a side note I am open to Homebrew ideas/powers but if I deemed it to be to powerful or just not fit for the Dresden Files universe I will turn them down.

Silver Night
2013-01-20, 12:44 PM
Name

Natalia Voroni

High Concept

Were-Raven Cat Burglar

Trouble

Hoard Times

Edit: I decided to go with a debt to Lux. Perhaps she was caught trying to steal from her, and the deal is steal for her or be erased from existence. I'll flesh it out more in the phases.

I'll add more as I get it figured out! I'm thinking her trouble would be a debt to someone, but I'm not sure who yet. Could be Lux, could be the winter court, could be someone else.

Sanguine
2013-01-20, 02:21 PM
Character Time.

Common Name: Jason Athas
True Name: Jason Alexander Medea Athas
Template: Wizard
High Concept: Heir to House Athas*
Trouble: Sucker For a Pretty Face

Unless anyone has a problem with it I'm gonna work on my first 3 Phases while I wait for the others to finish.

*An ancient and well respected line of wizards, descended from the witch Medea. Though they don't like to talk about that last bit as she quite famously broke the First Law of Magic. They prefer to say that they are descended from the Hero Jason. Which is true, though he wasn't a Wizard.

ManifestPR
2013-01-20, 05:08 PM
Both of those look good.

Unless anyone has a problem with it I'm gonna work on my first 3 Phases while I wait for the others to finish.

Yes please guys/gals feel free to work on your phases but for my sanity's sake don't post it yet. I don't want it to get lost while we post everything else.

I'll add more as I get it figured out! I'm thinking her trouble would be a debt to someone, but I'm not sure who yet. Could be Lux, could be the winter court, could be someone else.

Debts do always have a way to cause people trouble.

Silver Night
2013-01-20, 05:10 PM
That's the plan. Just have to decide who she owes.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-20, 05:24 PM
As a side query, did we loose someone? If so, i know a guy whod love to play! Let me know and ill pull him in.

Silver Night
2013-01-20, 06:47 PM
Think we currently have 4, don't think we've lost anyone lately.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-20, 07:17 PM
Think we currently have 4, don't think we've lost anyone lately.

*nod* we used to have five, i just realize we were down to four, so i thought id ask

ChaoticSky
2013-01-20, 10:28 PM
Mhm, cant decide between these three, im open to input to help me decide! :smallsmile: (they all have the same level of development, i just wrote out as much as i felt i needed to to convey the concepts. so the more obscure one has more text, dont let that sway you.)

Template: Knight Of A Faerie Court

High Concept: Wild Wyld Knight*

Trouble: Wyld Souled**

Names: Cara Hunt (no, seriously)

*A Knight of the Wyld Hunt/Wyldfae, beholden to the Earlking (and a couple other beings capable of calling the Hunt), she serves his Goblin Court in the same manner the other Knights serve Summer and Winter.

**Cara is not a particularly civil person, her soul calls out to the wilds, and her Mantle only makes this feeling more potent, adding a predatory edge. As a result she does not suffer fools well, and isnt inclined to answer the razor-edged niceties of civil society in kind. She's got in trouble with mortal authorities for assault more than once over some insult or snub that exceeded her tolerance.

*decided!

Silver Night
2013-01-20, 11:13 PM
I kind of like the goblin court knight idea. Goblins are pretty much badasses.

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 12:45 AM
@ChaoticSky I like your first two suggestion with personal preference leaning towards the Wyld Knight idea.

As a side query, did we loose someone? If so, i know a guy whod love to play! Let me know and ill pull him in.

Unbeknowst used to be our fifth player but all my attempts to contact her have been futile. As far as adding another player how does everybody else feel on the matter?

If nobody rejects the possibility then I would like to welcome a fifth player but I also understand that the four of you guys have been working hard getting this world together and a fifth player might feel like to much.

Silver Night
2013-01-21, 01:17 AM
I'm fine with a fifth player, as long as it doesn't delay the game too much (that is, if they don't mind jumping in at the point we've already reached.)

Also, edited in a provisional trouble, above.

Sanguine
2013-01-21, 03:31 AM
@Sky: That second one is really more a Scion than an Emissary of Power. At least in my opinion. As for my preferences, I really like the first two but am not that fond of the third. I'd have to say the Dragon gets my vote, because I love Dresdenverse Dragons so very much.

On the subject of a fifth player: Ditto what Silver Night said.

Raetog
2013-01-21, 07:06 AM
Howdy there. I'm ChaoticSky's friend as mentioned above. She said you could (possibly) need another player for a Dresden game, and that made me all kinds of happy tickly goodness.

If you all see fit, I can hop in (and try as hard as I can to not slow you all of you down, IE: jumping into the startup process at the point you've already reached, as stated above). If not, that's fine too, but I love the series and hope that I can get squeezed in.

That said, I've a character idea or two, but will refrain on that before I'm officially accepted (or rejected, as you all see fit)

Thank you all for your time!

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-21, 10:29 AM
I'm ok with Raetog joining in if he can be reliable.Are you on enough to keep up with posting Raetog?

With that I also have a couple of characters I was going to keep some parts of them mysterious. but it seems that CSky and I have similar tastes.

High Concept: Santa's Favorite Enforcer

Trouble: Sworn to be "Nice"

Names: Serge Darin

So this guy is basically what would happen if you took the movie "Elf" and replaced Will Farrel with Bruce Willis or Clint Eastwood. For a more in depth description this guy was taken in by Kringle at a relativly young age. Spending all that time with elves and winter fey has hardened him down to a Kincaid-esque level. It WAASs christmas when we started this after all. :smallsmile:

Template: Scion (per sidebar)

High Concept: Undercover Giant Spider

Trouble: I'll have four fried chickens and a coke.

Names: Hungaliant AKA "Hungry" Hank Webber

He's a Scion like Mouse from the books. His mother was the Great Mother Spider and his father a common wolf spider. In human form he is an overstuffed basment dwelling neck-beard named hank.

Yes Hungaliant is a variant off of Ungaliant (another name the Great Mother Spider goes by no doubt) the giant spider in the tolkein-verse... nerds :smallwink:

Raetog
2013-01-21, 12:03 PM
Yep. I'd say that I am.

Posting requirements are 2-3 times a week. Besides my job, I've little other time requirements, and I'll be in and out of here at LEAST once a day, more if stuff is going on.

I can drum out a quality post given an hour or so.

Hooray! Things are starting to look favorable for me. ^.^

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 12:10 PM
Howdy there. I'm ChaoticSky's friend as mentioned above. She said you could (possibly) need another player for a Dresden game, and that made me all kinds of happy tickly goodness.

If you all see fit, I can hop in (and try as hard as I can to not slow you all of you down, IE: jumping into the startup process at the point you've already reached, as stated above). If not, that's fine too, but I love the series and hope that I can get squeezed in.

That said, I've a character idea or two, but will refrain on that before I'm officially accepted (or rejected, as you all see fit)

Thank you all for your time!

Well it seems that nobody was vehemently opposed to having you join so WELCOME!:smallsmile:

It WAASs christmas when we started this after all. :smallsmile:

I know this took much longer than anybody had anticipated and the only two other times that I had done this was face to face and it took a whole day both times.

Side note on Scions: I forgot to add them to the earlier list but they are pretty much Changelings (half-human, half-something else:smalleek:) so look to the Changelings Template. The only real difference is that Changelings can at anytime pay Refresh/Fate Points to buy new powers BUT Scions cannot. Whatever you pick as starting Powers for a Scion that would be it.

@ChaoticSky and SirSwindle89 both of your Knights ideas could fit inside London since you're from different courts.

Comments on individual characters:
Silver Night - Love it especially the "Hoard Times" debt to Lux.
Sanguine - I like it especially the concept that your character is a descendant of a Hero and a Witch. You never know maybe you'll meet somebody who was friends/enemies with your great(x100)grandparents.
ChaoticSky - 1.Kelly (Knight)= I like everything about it except the Trouble. I like the explanation of the Trouble and I can see where you're going with it but I think the Aspect itself could be reworded better. Maybe something like "Soul calls out to the Wyld" (I took that from your explanation)

2.Kielinnix (Scion)= I like it and I personally would go with the "Tough Love Daddy" Trouble.
SirSwindle89 - 1.Serge (Knight)= I like everything about it wouldn't change a thing.

2.Hungaliant (Scion)= I have questions for this one. Is the Undercover part of his High Concept mean that he's working behind the scenes for someone? Also, I have no idea what the Trouble is referring to.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-21, 12:12 PM
Yep. I'd say that I am.

Posting requirements are 2-3 times a week. Besides my job, I've little other time requirements, and I'll be in and out of here at LEAST once a day, more if stuff is going on.

I can drum out a quality post given an hour or so.

Hooray! Things are starting to look favorable for me. ^.^

Ya it looks like you got a yay vote from everyone.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-21, 12:27 PM
1.Serge (Knight)= I like everything about it wouldn't change a thing.
well thats good.

2.Hungaliant (Scion)= I have questions for this one. Is the Undercover part of his High Concept mean that he's working behind the scenes for someone?
I didn't want to write a whole back story in the first post. But the idea is that he's hiding from his mother (mama spiders sometimes eat their young) in London because he made a deal with Fairmay. So the Undercover part refers to him basically being in a witness protection program. Also a bonus double meaning in that I'll buy Fleshmask for him so he's litterally under a cover.

Also, I have no idea what the Trouble is referring to.
I don't think we can be friends any more. go watch this movie now (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TheBluesBrothers?from=Main.TheBluesBrothers)! Seriously I'm only 23 people shouldn't not be getting my references yet!

My first draft listed his trouble as "Monstrous Apetite" encompassing that he's litterally monstrous and eats (and generally overindulges) all the time (I listed him as being over 400lb on my character sheet draft)

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 01:26 PM
well thats good.

I didn't want to write a whole back story in the first post. But the idea is that he's hiding from his mother (mama spiders sometimes eat their young) in London because he made a deal with Fairmay. So the Undercover part refers to him basically being in a witness protection program. Also a bonus double meaning in that I'll buy Fleshmask for him so he's litterally under a cover.

Okay I do have a problem with this character which I pointed out on Big 16. He is not human or half-human. I think it can be easily fixed but just pointing out that he needs to be a Scion not just a full fleshed Monster.

Regarding the Blues Brothers, I know I know still haven't seen it I get **** from it from my friends and its not that I actively go out of my way to not see it it's just that I've never come across an opportunity to see it. But I will now.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-21, 01:37 PM
Okay I do have a problem with this character which I pointed out on Big 16. He is not human or half-human. I think it can be easily fixed but just pointing out that he needs to be a Scion not just a full fleshed Monster.

You did say "Almost" in the 16. He'd be technically Half-Mortal (except by wizard rules) just because he gets his sentience from the other half doesn't mean he can't be a functional member of society.

I realize i could make a were-giant spider and get the same mechanical character but I liked the story implications of this better.

Raetog
2013-01-21, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :D

As such, here is my preferred character concept for starters, for approval and such!

Name: Skaarin

Template: Lycanthrope

High Concept: Modern Day Berserker *

Trouble: Heart of Rage **

* As lycanthropes are annotated by Bob in the Your Story book as one of the possible explanations for the 'viking berserker', in this case, Skaarin's condition is literal, and ancestral. Pointedly in the direction of the Ulfhednar (http://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Ulfhednar) (Which is probably what he understands his status to be, instead of 'lycanthrope'. Willing to work out specifics regarding that in private, or here, as whatever works best.

(typically, berserkers' frenzies worked off of a powerful rage instead of the phases of the moon, but whatever the case, I still would want his 'change' to be an involuntary thing, and not something to be abused as a power. If needed, I'd still be fine with the moon being the cause, whatever is best for the game)

** Berserkers were known to be a terror on the battlefield to everyone around them, except their packmates... including the army they were fighting with. As such, when Skaarin's Change is in effect, unless he has a very close bond with someone (Or they're really good at talking him down), he might be as likely to attack his friends full-force as the enemy.

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 04:16 PM
You did say "Almost" in the 16. He'd be technically Half-Mortal (except by wizard rules) just because he gets his sentience from the other half doesn't mean he can't be a functional member of society.

I realize i could make a were-giant spider and get the same mechanical character but I liked the story implications of this better.

I concede sir, I just wanted to make sure that your character has a shred of humanity/a need to keep monsters from feeding on the innocent and from what I understand he seems like he does. You don't have to change him to a Were-Giant Spider we can work with this.

Name: Skaarin

Template: Lycanthrope

High Concept: Modern Day Berserker *

Trouble: Heart of Rage **

* As lycanthropes are annotated by Bob in the Your Story book as one of the possible explanations for the 'viking berserker', in this case, Skaarin's condition is literal, and ancestral. Pointedly in the direction of the Ulfhednar (http://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Ulfhednar) (Which is probably what he understands his status to be, instead of 'lycanthrope'. Willing to work out specifics regarding that in private, or here, as whatever works best.

(typically, berserkers' frenzies worked off of a powerful rage instead of the phases of the moon, but whatever the case, I still would want his 'change' to be an involuntary thing, and not something to be abused as a power. If needed, I'd still be fine with the moon being the cause, whatever is best for the game)

** Berserkers were known to be a terror on the battlefield to everyone around them, except their packmates... including the army they were fighting with. As such, when Skaarin's Change is in effect, unless he has a very close bond with someone (Or they're really good at talking him down), he might be as likely to attack his friends full-force as the enemy.[/SPOILER]

Raetog from what I understand you want to make a Berserker and not a Lycanthrope, right? This is very doable look at page 149 on the DFRPG vol. 2 Our World. It is Sigrun Gard's character sheet and she is literally a Berserker/Valkyrie. If you don't have access to the books let me know and I can help you out. If you follow her character sheet your character would essentially be a Scion but sort of long descendant Scion.

Also I don't think your Trouble is worth it honestly. To me it seems that your High Concept does everything your Trouble does which makes redundant. I would look at your character's life and look at what makes his life complicated. Is it that he's a family man, he's a thug for a local mobster, or that he abandoned his clan and they want him back no matter the cost.

@ChaoticSky and SirSwindle89 since we're moving fairly quickly on this step I would like you two to select one of your options when you can.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-21, 04:51 PM
wyld knight it is! also did the tinkering, let me know if thats alright... it was actually my first idea for the Trouble, but i was worried about abusing the Wild/Wyld joke too much >_>

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-21, 05:15 PM
Well if she's being a knight of a Wyld fey then I’m going to play my spider. That is unless we get a third Knight in on this then I can't split up a good power trio (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerTrio), what with the juxtaposition with the knight of the cross and all that. But barring being the Fey Three Musketeers. I'm Sticking to the spider (get it spiders have webs, hehe).

I shouldn't step on your toes too much Silver. I expect I’ll be more supernatural, hiding, and murder focused while I expect you to be a bit more greed focused and socially open. Oh YAY we owe two opposing factions as I think it stands now. That’s perfect! We can have a rivalry and everything. You're going to have to be one of my guest stars later.

Sorry for the drama/trope-gasm that almost never happens :smallsigh: but FATE really gets me going.

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 05:41 PM
Just so we understand each other Sir Swindle89 your character won't be actively eating humans right? Also, I think you can work on your Trouble a little bit. To me it seems like your Trouble implies that you're always hungry but I don't see how that complicates your life, everyone gets hungry that's why we eat. The fact that you are hiding is implied in your High Concept so maybe you're Trouble could be something along the lines that Fairmay is hiding you but not for free.

Raetog
2013-01-21, 06:40 PM
duely noted, and revising!

I took a look at book 2 and Gard's 'berserker' stunt, and... it didn't quite do it for me. I think they just put that in there as more of a name-drop to the culture, which is fine and all, but it's just a simple +1 to hit, and a -1 to being hit, which can be turned on and off

I am more going for the concept of a guy dealing with a condition (Because I love characters who's powers are just as much a flaw as they are a benefit, if sometimes not moreso). He cannot control it, and honestly the Lycanthropy template still works best for that. Even culturally (Norse way back in his lineage, clearly), Ulfhednar were viewed as being possessed by animal spirits (see the link I posted earlier!) which again works better with the theme (Plus gives a few bonuses towards hearing/smell/ect, and supernatural strength/toughness). He's still totally a wolf-man who, occasionally, gets stronger and tougher and full 'o rage.

The only real difference here is that, culturally, he (and a few others, IE: family, contacts) views the Lycanthropy as something else... but it doesn't change the fact of what it is. The only reason I suggested the change from 'moon' to 'rage', is that it's stated it can be done on the Lycanthrope template page on DFRPG book 1, pg 79

"Some lycanthrope concepts (particularly non-wolf-derived ones) may not require all of these, abilities, or may provide a different set of abilities during a particular time period or under particular circumstances. If you are interested in any such possibilities, discuss them with your GM"

Thus!

I shall still keep the Lycanthrope Template, and the High Concept shall remain as "Modern Day Berserker", and I'll work with you on if you'd like to change said 'particular circumstances' around, or if we'll keep with the moon (which I'm totally fine with). It just works better for the concept!

However, the Trouble does need tweaking, you're right. I really like the idea you suggested of his 'clan' wanting him back, no matter the cost. Which immediately made me think of Monoc Securities.

Thus, I offer up- Trouble: Donnar's Got His Eye On You

Essentially, he's managed to mess up at least once, and attracted the attention of people that know his cultural ties, his condition, and have deemed him worthy of "aggressive recruitment" (Read: Monoc Securities). And much like Harry was with the Wardens at first, Skaarin wants no part of this. He is too free, wild, and unwilling to work for another's agenda (Even the Allfather's!).

Hope that steered us to a better direction! Let me know what you think and what else needs work (and what we should do with the 'change' thing).

Silver Night
2013-01-21, 08:14 PM
That seems like a good idea for a trouble, but might it work better (or have more opportunities to come into play) if it was one of the factions already in play in London? The Winter Court, or maybe even one of the Vampire factions looking for a useful, mostly human tool? We don't have much in the way of vampire problems for any of the characters yet, I think.

Sanguine
2013-01-21, 08:23 PM
Well my character's a Wizard, so he pretty much has Vampire problems by default.

Raetog
2013-01-21, 09:02 PM
oooh. That's also very possible.

Unfortunately, it's time for me to head off to work. I will give this some thought while I'm there! Thank you for the feedback everyone. ^.^

Silver Night
2013-01-21, 09:04 PM
Could even be the vampire courts fighting over him. Not because he is particularly valuable so much as because if the White can take from the Red/Black or vis versa, it gets them points (since Vampiries are always keeping score).

ManifestPR
2013-01-21, 11:19 PM
@Raetog
From reading your earlier post it seems like the Lycanthrope template will be the one to go with for your character. As far the particular circumstances that dictate when you have access to your powers and when you do not I'll have to think about it. Rage does seem to fit thematically but it will defeat the purpose of the +2 Refresh that Lycanthropes get for only being able to access their powers under certain conditions because to me it seems that Rage is easier to come across than say a Full Moon. Another option is to go with the Rage idea and give your character a +1 Refresh instead a +2 which will give him access to his powers more easily but also make it so that your character isn't always supernaturally tough. Another idea is to forego the +# Refresh concept and just say your character always has access to his power, this idea resembles the Scion template more than the Lycanthrope but honestly Templates are more guidelines than strict rules. I went ahead and pushed for everyone to start on their Phases I recommend you do the same and maybe while you do so you can pinpoint a Trouble for your character.

Moving onto The Phases. We will go ahead and work on our first 3 phases once those are done we will guest star in each others First Adventure. Please please try to keep your phases to at most 6 sentences long. Also look at the Character Phases Sheet (first page of the Character Sheet) it will help us move things along smoothly.

1. Background:Where Did You Come From?
What nation, region, culture are you from? What were your family circumstances like? What’s your relationship with your family? How were you educated? What were your friends like? Did you get into trouble much? If you’re supernatural, how early did you learn this? Were there problems?
2. Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?
Who were the prominent people in your life at this point? Do you have enemies? Close and fast friends? How did your high concept and trouble aspects shape you and events around you? What were the most significant choices you made? What lessons did you learn in this time?
3. The Story: What Was Your First Adventure?
The third phase is your character’s first true adventure—his first book, episode, case, movie, whatever—starring him. You’ll need to come up with a title for this adventure.The story doesn’t need to have a lot of detail—in fact, a pair of sentences works pretty well, because your fellow players will add in their own details to this past adventure in the next two phases (as you will to theirs).

If by the end of your Phases you feel like changing your High Concept or Trouble go ahead nothing is set in stone yet and most likely once we finished this you will know your character more thoroughly than before.

Silver Night
2013-01-22, 04:17 AM
Where did you come from?

Natalia was born in a small fishing village on the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Russian far east, the only child of an ethnic Russian father and a Chukchi (indigenous) mother. She first found out she was supernatural when she was 9: a feral dog attacked her, and she turned into a raven and flew away. Her mother's relatives explained she was a 'Child of the Raven', Kutkh, an important trickster god whose influence on rare occasion showed up in the blood of the Chukchi. Everyone in the village (about a quarter of whom were her extended family) seemed to accept it as unusual but not unbelievable - the ability to change into a raven accepted along with her tendency toward petty theft, pranks, and burning curiosity, and it wasn't until she was older that she realized acceptance of the supernatural wasn't so widespread most places. She eventually left her village to attend university in St Petersburg (back then, it was still Leningrad), where she studied art history, with an emphasis on antiquities. After she graduated, she found her talents in little demand and ended up using her ability to shapeshift in her first amateurish forays into theft, using her contacts in the art world to fence the items she stole.

Aspect: Trickster Blooded

What shaped you?

It was while on a job in the home of a Soviet general that Natalia met Ivan Zhilov, a professional thief of the old school there for the same thing she was. After the initial awkwardness, they formed a partnership - she had some natural talents (rather more than Zhilov knew at first), and Zhilov had decades of experience, knowledge, and contacts in the European and Russian underworlds for her to draw on. Zhilov eventually retired to a dacha on the Black Sea with the fruits of their labors, and her old mentor remains one of the few people Natalia trusts. Natalia worked alone after Zhilov's retirement, using her day job as an art history scholar and researcher as cover, travelling around former Soviet countries, Europe, and even further abroad - and it all seemed to be going well until she broke into the private collection of what was supposed to be just another financial firm CEO in London. She learned things that night: That dragons are real, that everyone gets caught eventually, and that some debts can't be paid off with just money.

Aspect: Scholar by Day, Thief by Night

What was your first adventure?

When her curiosity gets the better of her, art historian Natalia Voroni stumbles on a smuggling ring operating out of the very museum where she is working - and endangering her carefully constructed cover. Now she needs to get them, their illicit meso-american artifacts, and the vampire running the show, out of her backyard - all without drawing the attention of the Antique Squad or blowing her cover!

Aspect: Curiosity and the Cat

There, seems like a good rough outline. I found that the 6 sentence limit was really good for keeping things concise (although it also urged me toward some slightly excessive run-on sentences.) I had vaguely planned on making her Russian, so the fact they have a Raven trickster god really worked out well. :smallbiggrin: I figure if you live in a little village on the Kamchatka peninsula, you have bigger things to worry about than a girl who turns into a raven sometimes, like the fact you live on the literal end of the world. Think I covered how she got into burglaring fairly well.

I'm thinking that maybe she ages slower than normal? I picture her a bit younger than she would be if she was at university before the fall of the Soviet Union, even if our timing for the start of the game is a few years before now. Also, I don't think it would have a mechanical effect (at least in any kind of short term, though long term she might face the same issues wizards and whatnot do, having to change identities - but she probably will have to do that anyway at some point with her lifestyle.) Not sure about the aspect from the middle phase, too - maybe I will see what phases 4 and 5 bring and re-jigger a bit.

ManifestPR
2013-01-22, 12:36 PM
I'm thinking that maybe she ages slower than normal? I picture her a bit younger than she would be if she was at university before the fall of the Soviet Union, even if our timing for the start of the game is a few years before now. Also, I don't think it would have a mechanical effect (at least in any kind of short term, though long term she might face the same issues wizards and whatnot do, having to change identities - but she probably will have to do that anyway at some point with her lifestyle.) Not sure about the aspect from the middle phase, too - maybe I will see what phases 4 and 5 bring and re-jigger a bit.

I don't see why she wouldn't age slower than normal since she is essentially a Focused Practitioner/Scion so that's fine. Everything looks good, I do have a couple of comments/questions. What is the title for your First Adventure?(sorry I know its not important but I have a thing with organization) Also, I think your First Adventure Aspect could use a little work. Maybe something like "That's my hand in your pocket" or "Stuck in between Vamps and the Antique Squad."

EDIT: Came up with a campaign title = What Lurks Underneath The Smoke. I really like it.:smallredface:

EDIT2: Okay I give up someone's is going to have to teach me how to change the Thread name.:smallfurious:

Silver Night
2013-01-22, 01:06 PM
The Vampire Job for the title. As far as the aspect, I'll think about it and see what I come up with. I'm at work atm, posting from my phone, so probably when I get home.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-22, 02:03 PM
So firstly to address your concerns MPR. Does he eat humans? He certainly has eaten a few humans in his time but as you will soon read he empathizes with the whole "not wanting to get eaten thing now. Additionally hunting humans is roughly the most difficult way to find food in London. Lastly "Have you even tried this steak and kidney pie? nom nom nom" -Hungry Hank

1. Background: Where Did You Come From?
I had a very normal child hood, born to a brood of a little over a million. I fought my newborn brothers and sisters to not be devoured, makes us strong to do it that way mother often said. I spent those early years hunting the ways, stalking and killing lesser fea, demons, oni, what not. We all had to bring the bulk of our yield back to mother. With that aside I was still able to keep a healthy portion to myself and with it I grew large and strong.
Aspect - Stalker of the Ways

2. Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?
MY MOTHER TRIED TO EAT ME! It seems mother grows jealous of any spiderling that shows too much ambition and grows too quickly, how was I supposed to know that?! Fortune smiled upon me that day I managed to escape from mother. I fled far and eventually found myself in the domain of the Winter Court. I made a deal for protection with the Baroness Fairmay.
Aspect - MY MOTHER WANTS TO EAT ME!

3. The Story: Sheppard’s Pie
I was told that some pests were marring the Baroness' snow globe and I was to give them a firm talking to. I tracked the mongrels to their lair and showed them that scale is everything when it comes to apex predators. I killed two Hexenwolfen that day and gave their egos a good thrashing. I expected they would not return.
Aspect - Custodian of the Baroness' Snow globe

I think so far my aspects have worked pretty well. As for my Trouble, It is obvious that everything needs to eat. However I was shooting for all forms of gluttony (so overindulgence in anything).

Monstrous Apetite
Glutton for Life
Thinks with my Cephalothorax

Any of those fit (note i kept my original one because I still like it)

ManifestPR
2013-01-22, 02:49 PM
Okay so your Trouble refers to overindulgence and not only eating, I can work with that. Everything else seems fine.:smallbiggrin:

Well Myth Weavers won't work for me because the City Sheet is on a PDF and it won't upload there. Anybody know any website where I can post the City Sheet (PDF). I was thinking of using Obsidian Portal but I have never used it before.

Also, how the hell do I change the thread name.:smallfurious:

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-22, 03:45 PM
Contact an admin and have them to it.

I'll stick with monstrous apetite then. Even though I find it hilarious that a spider's stomach and brain are both in its Cephalothorax (thats the front part for the kids at home).

ManifestPR
2013-01-22, 03:55 PM
(thats the front part for the kids at home).

I honestly didn't know that.

Oh please tell me more sir.:smallbiggrin:

Sanguine
2013-01-22, 04:06 PM
Due to unforeseen circumstances my Phases will most likely be delayed.

ManifestPR
2013-01-22, 04:12 PM
Due to unforeseen circumstances my Phases will most likely be delayed.

That's fine there's no time constraint.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-22, 04:21 PM
I honestly didn't know that.

Oh please tell me more sir.:smallbiggrin:

I've done a lot of research on spiders for this character. I'm not going to insult your intellegence by linking you to wikipedia.

Raetog
2013-01-22, 05:22 PM
Love how everyone's progressions are coming. :D I've got a much better handle on ideas now, but I'll post them tomorrow after work when I have more time. (so, kind of a non-update, but still working!)

Also, sidenote. Dunno if ChaoticSky got with you on this MPR, but she'll be out for a few days with family stuffs, but still totally excited for this game.

And lastly... looking across all the characters involved...this is going to be a hilariously awesome monster mash-up. :D

ChaoticSky
2013-01-22, 05:31 PM
Yes, i will most probably-likely be out for a few days, but i will continue to work on my character and get the updates posted when i can get online

so since im probably going to be bored, and thus writey, expect Awesome phases :P

ManifestPR
2013-01-22, 05:38 PM
Yes, i will most probably-likely be out for a few days, but i will continue to work on my character and get the updates posted when i can get online

so since im probably going to be bored, and thus writey, expect Awesome phases :P

That's fine, like I said guys/gals no hurry I know we all have lives, family, friends, loved ones, and obligations. So I understand.

Silver Night
2013-01-22, 09:11 PM
You might be able to edit the title from the first post. Also, home and thinking about the phases and maybe modifying some aspects.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-23, 09:58 AM
So Sanguine I strongly considered making my First adventure phase about murdilating Monty (your pixie face).

IDK I like the idea of unused FACEs getting killed off in backstories.

ManifestPR
2013-01-23, 10:22 AM
Well the City Sheet is up, I went ahead and used Scribd. It seemed like the best way to do it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121793858/London-City-Sheet?secret_password=ujtguz26gmygzd1wsva

Raetog
2013-01-23, 12:14 PM
Looks very nice! You guys made something badass. :D

Should be posting some new stuff by tonight.

Sanguine
2013-01-23, 12:32 PM
So Sanguine I strongly considered making my First adventure phase about murdilating Monty (your pixie face).

IDK I like the idea of unused FACEs getting killed off in backstories.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-23, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Not sure how you should either. If i had known every thing were gonna take a while i might have asked you about it. I was considering going the "killed an innocent to fullfill my bargin" route but i went a different direction instead.

I really just mentioned it incase you wanted to do somthing like that on the next phase.

Eidt: if it makes you feel better i probably would have gone Gwen Stacy on my medical examiner if she didn't make it in.

Silver Night
2013-01-23, 01:53 PM
Think some of the stuff on the city sheet isn't updated. It looks awesome, though.

ManifestPR
2013-01-23, 02:00 PM
Think some of the stuff on the city sheet isn't updated. It looks awesome, though.

Well I know that Detective Inspector Hamish has the wrong "With These Relationships" entry and that's because the PDF that I used was fillable but for some reason kept copying the same values as Nathaniel McKinney's "With These Relationships" entry. But aside from that it should be fine if anybody comes across any other problems please detail them to me and I will fix them accordingly.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-23, 03:05 PM
Sheet to date, some of my stuff is longer than two sentences... but i was on a plane for three hours. XD

(also, keep in mind ive not done this before so someone smack me if i doing it wrong)

Concept

High Concept: Wild Wyld Knight*

Trouble: Wyld Souled**

Names: Cara Hunt (no, seriously)

*A Knight of the Wyld Hunt/Wyldfae, beholden to the Earlking (and a couple other beings capable of calling the Hunt), she serves his Goblin Court in the same manner the other Knights serve Summer and Winter.

**Cara is not a particularly civil person, her soul calls out to the wilds, and her Mantle only makes this feeling more potent, adding a predatory edge. As a result she does not suffer fools well, and isnt inclined to answer the razor-edged niceties of civil society in kind. She's got in trouble with mortal authorities for assault more than once over some insult or snub that exceeded her tolerance.

Phases
=Background: Where Did You Come From?
-Born of in Ireland, Cara grew up in the countryside, the only child of a widowed father, he raised her as best he could, though has been known to lament that she turned out such a 'sassy lassy'. She went to school with all the other kids as normal, and had few, but close, friends. Though she often got into trouble for fighting and the like, she somehow managed to avoid serious punishment, though her student record is almost certainly littered with red marks. The most noteworthy aspect of her early life was her monthly hunting trips with her father, who was a consummate marksman, he taught her how to hunt, clean her kills, to live off the land, and though she favoured archery over shooting, he arranged for her to receive instruction in that as well.

-Aspect: Girl O' The Land

=Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?
-A few years ago Cara was on a hunting trip alone, when her bow snapped as she was drawing a line on a strong deer. Then, ill luck on top of ill luck, on her way back she fell and badly sprained her ankle. Mere moments later, because obviously bad things must come in threes, the Erlking appeared before her. No random encounter to be sure, he beheld her, eyes glinting with hard mirth, and told her that he would give her half a day headstart... then he would hunt her down and kill her. When he turned after the alloted time was up, he found her in the same place, but not at all as she had been. A bonfire roaring behind her, Cara stood; her ankle braced in a sling made of the broken pieces of her bow and bound by the string, a spear in her hands, the tip hardened with flame, but little more than a sharpened stick.

She looked up at him, in all his primal glory, and declared “I dont know what you are, but i promise you this, 'Antlers'... you Will remember me!”, to which the Erlking laughed... and the rest is history.

-Aspect: Defiant In The Face Of Death

=The Story: What Was Your First Adventure?
First Hunt
Cara was called by the Erlking for her first hunt; a prospector is trying to make inroads into protected old growth forests, some of the last on the Isle. And she was to show him the error of his ways, that the temporal power of money and bribes was no protection from the wilds he threatened. He did not want the man killed, he wanted him scared, and saw it as a excellent opportunity to try out this new knight. Sending her to London, he bid her to ensure he lived a nightmare every night, until he learned the error of his ways. (this is when she moved to london, and probably involved alot of learning to apply her skills in a city, and making allies, to continually torment the poor bastard until he changed his mind)

-Aspect: Urban Predator

ManifestPR
2013-01-23, 04:05 PM
Sheet to date, some of my stuff is longer than two sentences... but i was on a plane for three hours. XD

(also, keep in mind ive not done this before so someone smack me if i doing it wrong)

-Aspect: Girl O' The Land

-Aspect: Defiant In The Face Of Death

-Aspect: Urban Predator

Everything looks really good. I like your stories, your aspects and everything was the appropriate length. Nice Job.

Defiant In The Face Of Death = Oh I am just mad with glee at all the evil compels you will get for this.:xykon:

Raetog
2013-01-23, 07:59 PM
Firstly, a quick catch-up on template/Trouble changes, then moving on!

In regards to Template: I really like the option of knocking the refresh down a point (+1), and making his powers based upon rage. It's great narratively, keeps him from using them all the time (as he hates using his powers unless -absolutely- necessary, or it's compelled against his will, and I'm sure you'll have fun with that bit), and keeps him a regular human most of the time.

High Concept: Modern Day Berserker (unchanged)

Trouble: Code of Honor*

*Life for a berserker would be a wild and free life, flipping tables and breaking faces whenever a problem appeared... except that's exactly not the person Skaarin wants to be. He is a man who wants to live up to the grand tales of his heroic ancestors, and do all the good he can... his curse of rage often getting in the way of that. Also, when he is faced with examples of true evil, the sheer affront of it to his sensibilities also have a tendency to trigger the rage he suppresses.

Now! Onto Phases!

Background: Where did you come from?

Skaarin grew up in Telemark, Norway, to a middle-class, mostly Catholic family, save for a beloved grandmother, one of the few Asatru remaining in the modern country, who would tell grand tales around the fire on holidays. She always had an eye on the boy, who grew up tall and strong, explaining that his lineage was strong, and that he had great potential. While keeping the sensibilities of the rest of his family, Skaarin was mystified by the heroic sagas, and found more to empathize with in them than in biblical parables. Such interests pushed him to train in the way of combat at an early age, picking up a few martial arts, and harassing his father to take him to the gun range. He fully intended to join the Army, wanting nothing more than to make a difference.

Aspect: Heroic Saga

Rising Conflict: What Shaped You?

Skaarin was well into his mid/late teens when the Lycanthropy hit him in full. Just prior to his graduation, a football star (read soccer to those in the US) excessively bullied one of his friends, and his first rage took him, beating the would-be bully to a near pulp, and taking half of the team to pull him away (which resulted in more than a few injuries in the doing!). Norway's violent crime is notoriously low, as is it's tolerance for such, thus he was removed from school and barely escaped a full felony charge due to his underage status with the government's eye firmly locked on him. After the affair had settled down, and some thought, he spoke with his grandmother, who confirmed that his bloodline held history of the Ulfhednar from the old times. During research on his own over the next few years, he discovered the Paranet, finding out that he was not on his own in a world of magic and monsters.

Aspect: Suffer Not the Fool

The Story: What Was Your First Adventure?

A Norwegian Werewolf in London

After studying the Paranet for a while and making a few contacts, he decides that London would be a good opportunity to get his feet wet in the supernatural community. Instead, he is hit with the proverbial fire hose when the city's vampire war spills into the streets outside his apartment, and innocents are caught in the crossfire!

Aspect: Smells Trouble A Mile Away

Sanguine
2013-01-23, 08:14 PM
Thankfully the delay wasn't that long, here are my Phases.

Phase One - Background (Where Did You Come From?)
Jason grew up in his families ancestral estate in Greece, Athens to be specific, a magnificent palace on the outskirts of the city. Jason was rarely allowed into the city as a child, but he never lacked for companionship, constantly surrounded by family and other young wizards his own age, brought from all around the world by the Ways. Jason was especially close to two of these young wizards, Malcolm Dunbar and Jessica Price. The three of them were practically inseparable, doing everything together, including many things they weren't supposed to do like sneaking out into Athens, Edinburgh, or New York, or playing pranks both mundane and magical. To put it simply, Jason grew up in a magical world, a world where he played hide and seek with pixies, learned history from people who lived it, and was taught how to bend the elemental forces of magic to his will by his parents.

Phase Aspect: Born to Magic

Phase Two - Rising Conflict (What Shaped You?)
As Jason grew up he remained close with Malcolm and Jessica, in fact it was with them that he first explored the mysteries of love. Unfortunately he was exploring with the two of them at the same time, Malcolm eventually forgave him, but Jessica still hates him to this day. As he grew older Jason started butting heads with his father and it only got worse as time went on, they argued about all manner of things, but the biggest point of contention was over White Council inactivity, Jason thought if they had the power to help people they should help them, his father disagreed. It eventually came to the point where the two of them couldn't even be in the same country, so Jason left, he moved to London where he thought he could make a difference. Jason now teaches History at the University of London, though he does it because he enjoys teaching, not to make a living, as he gets an extremely generous monthly stipend from his family. The outbreak of the Vampire War has greatly changed Jason's life, though he has so far stayed out of direct conflict he spends a great deal of his time on humanitarian efforts seeking to avoid and minimize mortal casualties.

Phase Aspect: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."*

Phase Three - The Story (What Was Your First Adventure?)
Story Title: In Search of Hope
Guest Stars: Cara Hunt
When he finds finds a beautiful young student of his crying over her missing little sister, Jason Athas sets out to find the missing child. But will the young wizard succeed when he finds himself caught in the middle of a war between the Wardens of the White Council and the Vampire Courts, assaulted by a pack of ghouls, and surrounded by inhumanly beautiful beings of both genders. But most importantly, will he continue his search after he learns the true nature of the little girl he pursues.

Phase Aspect: Stubborn as an Ox

*This Aspect not only represents his moral code, but also the fact that he is a huge comic geek.

ManifestPR
2013-01-23, 08:45 PM
Firstly, a quick catch-up on template/Trouble changes, then moving on!

In regards to Template: I really like the option of knocking the refresh down a point (+1), and making his powers based upon rage. It's great narratively, keeps him from using them all the time (as he hates using his powers unless -absolutely- necessary, or it's compelled against his will, and I'm sure you'll have fun with that bit), and keeps him a regular human most of the time.

High Concept: Modern Day Berserker (unchanged)

Trouble: Code of Honor*

*Life for a berserker would be a wild and free life, flipping tables and breaking faces whenever a problem appeared... except that's exactly not the person Skaarin wants to be. He is a man who wants to live up to the grand tales of his heroic ancestors, and do all the good he can... his curse of rage often getting in the way of that. Also, when he is faced with examples of true evil, the sheer affront of it to his sensibilities also have a tendency to trigger the rage he suppresses.
Now! Onto Phases!

Background: Where did you come from?

Skaarin grew up in Telemark, Norway, to a middle-class, mostly Catholic family, save for a beloved grandmother, one of the few Asatru remaining in the modern country, who would tell grand tales around the fire on holidays. She always had an eye on the boy, who grew up tall and strong, explaining that his lineage was strong, and that he had great potential. While keeping the sensibilities of the rest of his family, Skaarin was mystified by the heroic sagas, and found more to empathize with in them than in biblical parables. Such interests pushed him to train in the way of combat at an early age, picking up a few martial arts, and harassing his father to take him to the gun range. He fully intended to join the Army, wanting nothing more than to make a difference.

Aspect: Heroic Saga

The Story: What Was Your First Adventure?

A Norwegian Werewolf in London

After studying the Paranet for a while and making a few contacts, he decides that London would be a good opportunity to get his feet wet in the supernatural community. Instead, he is hit with the proverbial fire hose when the city's vampire war spills into the streets outside his apartment, and innocents are caught in the crossfire!

Aspect: Smells Trouble A Mile Away

Okay, I like everything so far and I can see where you're headed with your character but I do have a couple of suggestions.

1. I think you can work on your first Aspect (Where did you come from?/Heroic Saga) while I like the story itself I just can't think of a way to compel or invoke that particular Aspect.

2. For your fellow players' sake I would suggest elaborating on your First Adventure more since they will have to find a way to fit into it somehow. I declared the 6 sentence rule as a protective measure against players who insist on writing 3 paragraphs long on just their background but I don't want you to feel constraint. (now please don't turn in 3 paragraphs just to spite me, I'm such a nice GM I might actually read it)

ManifestPR
2013-01-24, 10:59 AM
Thankfully the delay wasn't that long, here are my Phases.
Phase Aspect: Born to Magic

Phase Aspect: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."*

Phase Aspect: Stubborn as an Ox

Awesome.:smallsmile: I also just realized that we have a Greek, Norwegian, Irish, Russian, and a God knows What but no British people.:smallconfused: I find this extremely amusing.:smallbiggrin:

Couple of things I'm waiting on:

Silver Night - Have you though of an Aspect for your First Adventure? We could work with Curiosity and the Cat I just feel like we can come up with something better.

Raetog - Look at the post above.

Moving On:

Guest Star: Whose Path Have You Crossed?
Everyone pick a fellow player and write at most 6 sentences long describing how you helped that person during Their First Adventure. Please include the Character's name, their Story Title, and what Aspect you can decipher from this Guest Star. No more than two players can Guest Star in one character's First Adventure.

EDIT: Remember this has to be a minor supporting role

Silver Night
2013-01-24, 12:04 PM
I've got a couple ideas. Also, how are we determining who is in whose backstory? First come first served?

ManifestPR
2013-01-24, 12:23 PM
I've got a couple ideas. Also, how are we determining who is in whose backstory? First come first served?

Yes for the First Guest Star everyone pick a player and guest star in their First Adventure. For the Second Guest Star I will pick whose adventure you guest star in.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-24, 01:33 PM
with permission, id like to use yours sanguine!

how would you like a superior predator to help keep the vampies off your back?

Sanguine
2013-01-24, 02:57 PM
with permission, id like to use yours sanguine!

how would you like a superior predator to help keep the vampies off your back?

Sounds good to me. Would this adventure have been our characters first meeting or would they have known each other before hand? As I think that context could drastically alter the scene. If they knew each other it's her helping a friend. If they didn't it's two people crossing paths because of their shared enmity of Vampires.

Also is Cara from North Ireland or the Irish Republic. It's not really relevant but I'm curious.

Sir Swindle89
2013-01-24, 03:28 PM
Raetog I think your's is about the only story for me to fit into. I'll figure somthing out.

@Raetog also I think i understand what your background aspect is going for. 'Living a Heroic Saga' might be more clear. I think you just want to be compelled to be reckless and awsome. 'What Would Beowulf Do' might work also.

ChaoticSky
2013-01-24, 03:41 PM
Sounds good to me. Would this adventure have been our characters first meeting or would they have known each other before hand? As I think that context could drastically alter the scene. If they knew each other it's her helping a friend. If they didn't it's two people crossing paths because of their shared enmity of Vampires.

Also is Cara from North Ireland or the Irish Republic. It's not really relevant but I'm curious.

Lets go with the union side, so North.

And a first meeting i think, our goals aligned at some point. Quite probably, i was after some Reds that trespassed somewhere in the fae wilds, and the erlking wanted dead as a big flashing neon sign "You might beable to pull that **** with Winter, but stay the hell out my hunting grounds". Said Reds happened to be after you and tried to take a shortcut through the neverever to get the drop on you. So i appear, save you/kill them/assist you in killing them (your preference), then follow along because it looks like fun, probably act as muscle to help you handle the baddies.

If you would make use of her other talents (example: mundane tracking, i have Supurb Survival), let me know.

And then i shall begin writing

ill probably slap you with... Cant Stand To See Her Cry, or maybe For A Forsaken Child, depending on specifics. (assuming this is how guest aspects work)

ChaoticSky
2013-01-24, 03:46 PM
Raetog I think your's is about the only story for me to fit into. I'll figure somthing out.

@Raetog also I think i understand what your background aspect is going for. 'Living a Heroic Saga' might be more clear. I think you just want to be compelled to be reckless and awsome. 'What Would Beowulf Do' might work also.

If you feel strapped for options, i think you could also fit into mine, spiders/winter in general, all seem quite well suited to tormenting the guy night after night

Sanguine
2013-01-24, 03:55 PM
Sounds good to me. I think helping me kill the Vampires is probably the best option, after all Wizards aren't exactly helpless. As for tracking, perhaps the girl is on the other side of the Thames and the crossing fizzled out my tracking spell.

ManifestPR
2013-01-24, 03:56 PM
Lets go with the union side, so North.

And a first meeting i think, our goals aligned at some point. Quite probably, i was after some Reds that trespassed somewhere in the fae wilds, and the erlking wanted dead as a big flashing neon sign "You might beable to pull that **** with Winter, but stay the hell out my hunting grounds". Said Reds happened to be after you and tried to take a shortcut through the neverever to get the drop on you. So i appear, save you/kill them/assist you in killing them (your preference), then follow along because it looks like fun, probably act as muscle to help you handle the baddies.

If you would make use of her other talents (example: mundane tracking, i have Supurb Survival), let me know.

And then i shall begin writing

ill probably slap you with... Cant Stand To See Her Cry, or maybe For A Forsaken Child, depending on specifics. (assuming this is how guest aspects work)

Okay give me a second while I decipher the above message. hmmmmm. ohhh okay I see. No that's not how it works Sanguine will Guest Star in First Hunt which was Cara's First Adventure.

EDIT: okay wait a minute I think I see what you did there Cara Guest Starred in Jason's First Adventure.