PDA

View Full Version : Non mind effecting will saves?

Story
2012-12-17, 09:19 PM
How many non mind effecting will saves are there? I'm wondering how much undead should actually care about their will saves. I know there are some (for example Sonic Snap), but how many are there that are actually common or dangerous? What do the undead have to watch out for (besides disintegrate and turning of course)?

Acanous
2012-12-17, 09:20 PM
Glitterdust is low level, on everybody and their familiar's spell list, and is very useful in a number of situations. So it's liable to become the most common will save you need to make.

Hirax
2012-12-17, 09:22 PM
Libra Mortis has the necrotic cyst spells, which offer a non-mind affecting way to enslave any living creature.

Talya
2012-12-17, 09:23 PM
The entire Illusion school of magic. (Will disbelief)

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-12-17, 09:54 PM
Heal
Mass Heal
Undeath to Death
Command Undead

So, it's a concern, less so than for living characters though.

Piggy Knowles
2012-12-17, 10:14 PM
Ambient Song, Amplify, Antimagic Aura, Antimagic Ray, Backbiter, Backlash, Baleful Polymorph (sort of), Baleful Transposition, Banishment, Barghest's Feast, Battletide, Bestow Curse, Greater Bestow Curse, Blacklight, Blasphemy (sort of), Blinding Color Surge, Bloodbriars, Body Harmonic, Chain of Eyes, Chaos Hammer (sort of), Charnel Fire, Chill Metal, Chill Touch, Citystride, Command Undead, Consumptive Field, Greater Consumptive Field, Control Undead, Curse of Ill Fortune, Mass Curse of Ill Fortune, Darkbolt, Dawn Shroud, Decoy Image, Deific Vengeance, Dictum (sort of), Dimension Hop, Discern Bloodline, Discern Lies, Dismissal, Divine Interdiction, Divine Retribution, Doom Scarabs, Doomtide

That's A through D. There are still 22 letters to go...

Runestar
2012-12-17, 10:29 PM
Slow, one of the more overlooked and underrated spells in the game. :smallsmile:

Psyren
2012-12-17, 10:30 PM
Most offensive teleportation effects are non-mind-affecting - stuff like plane shift or decerebrate.

Story
2012-12-17, 10:40 PM
I can't believe I forgot Glitterdust. That's probably the most common level 2 wizard spell, with the possible exception of Web.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-12-18, 02:43 AM
The entire Illusion school of magic. (Will disbelief)

Most patterns and all phantasms are mind-affecting. The other 3/5's of the school isn't though and they do all have will saves to disbelieve.

Hirax
2012-12-18, 02:45 AM
Come to think, binding chain of fate is one of the base save or be doomed spells in the game. Though 9th level, it requires a will save.

The Viscount
2012-12-18, 12:00 PM
The cure spells are all will half, and very common at that.

ericgrau
2012-12-18, 12:07 PM
And inflict, for the living.