PDA

View Full Version : scenario of Psi vs Magic

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 09:38 PM
Am fiddling with a question

If you are not playing with magic transparent rules aka psionic is unaffected by spell resistance, but is affected by power resistance.

If you are a wizard, is it beneficial to have power resistance , compared to the normal conversation that thinks they are bad and in the way?

((For a sidenote, my Resistance level would be 30)

Acanous
2012-12-17, 09:40 PM
if Transperancy is not in effect, your Wizard should have a continuous item of Anti-Psionic Field. But Resistance is a decent bargain-bin option.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-12-17, 10:05 PM
At what character level? At what cost? I probably wouldn't expend a ton of resources on PR your better off with Anti-Psionic Field as Arcanus said.

You also could consider the cost of Anti-Psionic Field or PR vs. Permanent Mind Blank and other defenses. Miss chance will be effective against most damage dealing psionics.

silverwolfer
2012-12-17, 10:14 PM
phenric template 20+

Aegis013
2012-12-17, 10:33 PM
PR might be better than Null Psionics in corner cases, and Phrenic is a strong template regardless. The corner cases I'm referring to are when your allies have psionic buffs to put on you, then being able to lower your PR and receive buffs is better than a Null Psionics Field item.