PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Legacy - Discussion

Milo v3
2012-12-18, 03:18 AM
This is the discussion thread for Transformers Legacy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14395640#post14395640). Here you can post any thoughts you have on the system, even if it is just you saying your interested in it. Creating and posting the whole system will take time though so you will have to stay tuned for the entire system.

But regardless, please post here at anytime, regardless of the level of completion.

Sample Character to show completion

Name|Grunt
Faction|Decepticon
Level|3
Classes|Destroyer

Ability Scores
Ability|Score|Modifier
Ag|9|-1
Ar|14|+2
Kn|9|-1
Pe|10|+0
Si|10|+0
St|16|+3

Features
Heavy Weapons
Weapons of the Titans
Dynamic Plating
Affirmation

Amechra
2012-12-18, 03:37 AM
Out of curiosity, why do they turn into jets and cars and stuff on Cybertron?

Isn't that just camo for living on Earth?

Milo v3
2012-12-18, 03:49 AM
Out of curiosity, why do they turn into jets and cars and stuff on Cybertron?

Isn't that just camo for living on Earth?

Movement basically. Why only walk with legs when wheels can be better for certain situations?

Also this is mainly inspired by the recent War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron Games.

Milo v3
2012-12-23, 10:38 PM
The primary Skills have been added, though I may add more later.

Next up is the Grunt Features, which are similiar to feats.

Milo v3
2012-12-25, 12:47 AM
Okay the 40 Cybertronian features have been added. Next is the first class: Destroyer.

Any comments so far?

Screech-*Lime*
2013-02-14, 07:25 PM
Dude, I gotta say I love what you're doing.

Have you ever heard of Mechamorphosis? It's a somewhat old 3.5e-based system that includes a whole bunch of stuff for doing just about anything any Transformers character has done.

In my not-so-thorough-yet reading, I haven't found a couple things that would be sad not to include, namely Combiners and Soundwave-esque minions. If you can track down the book/a PDF of it, you might be able to use the Mechamorphosis rules as a jumping-off point for developing your own rules that might be a little less horrifically imbalanced than the Mechamorphosis ones.

Are you ever planning to expand it to include Earth stuff? I don't know how much I'd want to run a campaign that only takes place on Cybertron; I liked the "track down the disguised Decepticon" mini-game from my short-lived Mechamorphosis campaign.

Edit: I just found the rules I thought were missing. Cool beans.

Milo v3
2013-02-14, 07:33 PM
I've never heard of Mechamorphosis, and sadly I can't obtain a copy.

As for Earth. I do plan to add rules in. But at first I want to get Cybertron right. That way my brain wont explode from trying to get the scale mechanics to work.

Thus I get some consistancy with the Transformers (If that is even possible) then try and add humans.

Screech-*Lime*
2013-02-14, 07:49 PM
Cool. I could never find a copy, either, and I ended up (don't tell anybody:eek:) downloading it off the internet.

At some point I'm gonna take a more in-depth look at your system and try and recreate a few of my favorite characters. I may even play-test it at some point if it looks promising (and balanced) enough. I could probably persuade my group into running a continuation of our old game that basically boiled down to a monster-of-the-week thing in my own amalgam universe where they hunted down Decepticons as members of the Wreckers. It was a fun little thing and I've wanted to get back to it.

Milo v3
2013-02-14, 08:07 PM
Cool. I could never find a copy, either, and I ended up (don't tell anybody:eek:) downloading it off the internet.
I can't even do that, because I can only use my School Laptop which blocks basically all sites.

At some point I'm gonna take a more in-depth look at your system and try and recreate a few of my favorite characters. I may even play-test it at some point if it looks promising (and balanced) enough. I could probably persuade my group into running a continuation of our old game that basically boiled down to a monster-of-the-week thing in my own amalgam universe where they hunted down Decepticons as members of the Wreckers. It was a fun little thing and I've wanted to get back to it.
Thats probably a bit far off as I've effectively only just started, then stopped for a while, but I'll start working on this again.

inuyasha
2013-02-15, 04:13 PM
this is cool I love it, but there are 2 things I need to say;

1. how can I play something like soundwave, with all kinds of little companions

2. this has been done, in a book called mechamorphosis, but yours has stuff they didnt cover because that was only a little mini-game

Milo v3
2013-02-15, 04:30 PM
this is cool I love it, but there are 2 things I need to say;

1. how can I play something like soundwave, with all kinds of little companions

1. Possess 13 Kn and Pe
2. Enter Scientist Base Class (To be finished)
3. Possess Kn 15 and the Communication Module Feature
4. Enter Controller Advanced Class (To be added)

To make it fit even better, take the Miscellaneous Alt-Mode Feature (To become a stero, and make each of your minions alt-modes a cassette.