PDA

View Full Version : nWoD Mage: New Paths

horus42
2012-12-18, 12:01 PM
So, I was bored today and was rereading the Mage Chronicler's Guide, especially the part about tweaking Paths. That inspired me to do this little project.

Essentially, there are more than five Supernal Realms. Those five that Mages Awaken to are simply the only ones that the Oracles have built Watchtowers in, to connect them to the Fallen World through the Abyss. As the Chronicler's Guide describes, recently a new Sixth Watchtower has been built. The Oracles scored a victory against the Exarchs, and established a new link. Emboldened by this success, it happened four more times, before the Exarchs forced the Oracles back on the defensive. Here are those five new Paths. (Though these are really just the bare minimum requirements, really. I'm sure more will come.)

Serevos
Sorcerers on the Path of Authority
Scions of the Watchtower of the Brass Lamp in the Realm of Burning Sands
Kingdom of Living Elements and Abode of Djinn
Ruling: Spirit/Forces
Inferior: Prime
Attribute: Resolve

Thanatos
Prophets on the Path of Entropy
Scions of the Watchtower of the Bronze Shears, in the Realm of Erebus
Kingdom of Inevitability and Abode of Moraie
Ruling: Death/Fate
Inferior: Time
Attribute: Composure

Arinthos
Monks on the Path of Purity
Scions of the Watchtower of the Wooden Staff in the Realm of Shamballa
Kingdom of Enlightenment and Abode of Bodhisattvas
Ruling: Life/Mind
Inferior: Matter
Attribute: Composure

Eupalinos (These were created by someone else. I just made them canon in my games because they're awesome.)
Artificers on the Path of Creation
Scions of the Watchtower of the Glass Clock in the Realm of Autocthon
Kingdom of Machines and Abode of Manikins
Ruling: Matter/Time
Inferior: Mind

Ominos
Astrologers on the Path of Eternity
Scions of the Watchtower of the Crystal Mirror in the Realm of The Firmament
Kingdom of Revelations and Abode of Stars
Ruling: Space/Prime
Inferior: Death

The only thing I'm really not satisfied with is the name of the Serevos' Realm, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Any thoughts, critiques, questions, or criticisms?

Absol197
2012-12-20, 09:12 AM
No real thoughts, except to say those are awesome!

I invented some new paths, too, but I didn't come up with any descriptive text or anything. It's basically just the major/minor arcana.

I used the pentacle, and connected the points of the star to the lines below them, because those seemed to be connected in important ways:

Major: Prime/Space; Minor: Time
Major: Fate/Life; Minor: Mind
Major: Mind/Matter; Minor: Fate
Major: Spirit/Forces; Minor: Matter
Major: Death/Time; Minor: Life

Some of yours are similar. I definitely like yours better, though :smallsmile: . More thought has been put in.

~Phoenix~

horus42
2012-12-20, 11:02 PM
Hey thanks, I'm glad you like it! That's actually an interesting idea, connecting the points of the Pentacle like that. I mostly just... thought of things that seemed cool. The idea behind mine were just that there's a Supernal Realm for every combination of Ruling and Inferior Arcana, but most of them aren't connected to the Fallen World.