PDA

View Full Version : What Child is This? (Matrix [d20-ish]) {OOC}



Pages : [1] 2

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 02:38 PM
[center]The Matrix
What Child is This?

Battle: Fort Lucy

Combat Initiative
{table=head]Initiative|Character|VP|WP|Position|Status
33|Bree|170/170|17/17|Interior|
32|Zistor|140/140|14/14|Interior|
30|Lynn|140/140|14/14|Off-map|Readied Action
29|Seraphim|140/140|14/14|Interior|
28|Athos|150/150|15/15|T24|
28|SWAT6|28/28|14/14|B30|
26|Exe|140/140|14/14|Interior|
22|SWAT3|28/28|14/14|C29|
21|Leggit|160/160|16/16|"-E"12|
21|Upload|140/140|14/14|Interior|
19|Cop3|24/24|12/12|J23|
18|Spoof|120/120|12/12|Interior|
18|Volt|28/28|14/14|Chimera|
17|Cop1|24/24|12/12|J21|
16|Targe|24/24|12/12|Mjolnir|
16|SWAT Cpt|28/28|14/14|I25|
16|SWAT4|28/28|14/14|D28|
14|SWAT5|28/28|14/14|B27|
14|SWAT2|28/28|14/14|E29|
13|SWAT1|28/28|14/14|B26|
13|SWAT7|28/28|14/14|B29|
11|Cop4|24/24|12/12|I24|
8|Cop2|24/24|12/12|J24|
[/table]
Obscuring Mist Hack - 3 minutes (30 rounds)

Characters

{table=head]Picture|Player|Character Name|Birth|Position (Ship)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/Crew-BreeFace_zpscfb29abc.jpg|Lentrax|Lynn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14367772&postcount=8)|Jumper|Soldier (Hammer)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewOperator-TargeFace_zps5d176b23.jpg|DaedalusMkV|Targe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14373198&postcount=29)|Child of Zion|Operator (Hammer)
|RdMarquis|Spoof (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15100245&postcount=327)|Jumper|Soldier (Chimera)
|PrivateJunior|Leggit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15073623&postcount=325)|Jumper|Soldier (Chimera)
||||
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewCaptain-AthosFace_zps0770a2bf.jpg|NPC|Athos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14397556&postcount=2)|Jumper|Captain (Hammer)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/Crew-LynnFace_zps4d3fb867.jpg|NPC|Bree (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14361185&postcount=35)|Jumper|Soldier (Hammer)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewEngineer-SpliceFace_zps5f643fdb.jpg|NPC|Splice|Child of Zion|Engineer (Hammer)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewPilot-EtherFace_zpse510fe6f.jpg|NPC|Ether|Child of Zion|Pilot (Hammer)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPC-AgentFrostFace_zpscb15deee.jpg|NPC|???|Program|Age nt of the Matrix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPC-SimoneSimPattersonFace_zps75c9fd0d.jpg|NPC|Sim|Jum per|n/a
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPC-TheCourierFace_zpsd64c0887.jpg|NPC|The Courier|Program|Rogue - Works for The Oracle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPC-TheOracleface_zpsc9402d04.jpg|NPC|The Oracle|Program|Rogue
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPCChimera-ExeFace_zps16b7e825.jpg|NPC|Exe|Jumper|Soldier/Engineer (Chimera)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPCChimera-SeraphimFace_zps92450f87.jpg|NPC|Seraphim|Jumper|S oldier (Chimera)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPCChimera-Uploadface_zpsc5396fee.jpg|NPC|Upload|Jumper|Soldi er/Pilot (Chimera)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPCChimera-Voltface_zpsfd47d3bd.gif|NPC|Volt|Child of Zion|Operator (Chimera)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/NPCChimera-ZistorFace_zps6a0231b3.jpg|NPC|Zistor|Jumper|Capta in (Chimera)
[/table]



Alright guys... here's the Official OOC thread! I will be posted the IC thread after a while, once we get everyone over here and organized. Repost your character in a spoiler here, so that we will still have them if/when the recruitment thread gets assimilated!

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 02:39 PM
Captain Athos


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewCaptain-Athos.jpg


Name: Athos
Level: 5
XP: 9,060
Jumps: 16

Gender: Male
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 164
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Mixed (Average)
Residual Self-Image: Younger, slimmer, more hair. Wears aviator style sunglasses, a black bomber jacket, black button-up short-sleeve shirt, a green undershirt, black slacks, and black and green 'wing-tip' shoes.

Age: 44
Birth: Jumper

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
9 (-1)|STR|27 (+8)
10 (+0)|DEX|28 (+9)
15 (+2)|CON|30 (+10)
18 (+4)|INT|18 (+4)
18 (+4)|WIS|18 (+4)
12 (+1)|CHA|12 (+1)
[/table]

Fortitude: +7 (Inside the Matrix - +15)
Reflex: +5 (Inside the Matrix - +14)
Will: +9 (Inside the Matrix - same)

Initiative: +5 (Inside the Matrix - +14)
AC: 15 (Inside the Matrix - 24)
VP: 30 (Inside the Matrix - 150)
WP: 15

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Remington (12 gauge)|+5|3d6|30' cone|20(x3)|P|6
Beretta (9mm)|+5[+14]|2d6|40'|20(x2)|P|8
[M79 Thumper]|[+14]|4d6|25' radius|20 (x2)|Explosive|1
|[+8]|1d4+8|--|19-20(x2)|S/P|--
||||||
[/table]
[] = denotes "In the Matrix".

Inventory (Real World)

Clothes
Shotgun
Pistol
2 EMP grenades
His "special" cup
Collection of 'knick knacks' (collected from the Tunnels/Desert of the Real)
Duffel bag
"Keys" to the Hammer
Flashlight

Inventory (In the Matrix)

Clothes
Sunglasses
Beretta (three extra clips - [b]32 total)
Thumper (4 rounds)
Butterfly Knife
Disposable Cell Phone




Splice - The Engineer


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewEngineer-Splice_zpse286641c.jpg
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]


Name: Splice
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
Jumps: 0

Gender: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Black
Skin: Black (Average)
Residual Self-Image: N/A

Age: 34
Birth: Child of Zion

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
16 (+3)|STR|---
17 (+3)|DEX|---
18 (+4)|CON|---
13 (+1)|INT|---
13 (+1)|WIS|---
14 (+2)|CHA|---
[/table]

Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +5
Will: +3

Initiative: +5
AC: 15
VP: 36
WP: 18

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Heavy Wrench|+4|1d8+3|--|20(x3)|B|--
Colt .45 (Magnum)|+5|3d6|40'|20(x3)|P|6
||||||
[/table]


Inventory (Real World)

Clothes
Magnum
Wrench
Tools
Tool belt
Duffel bag
Flashlight

Inventory (In the Matrix)
N/A



Ether - The Pilot


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewPilot-Ether_zps496cea54.jpg
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
* - Using secondary set of rolls: [15][11][12][15][12][13]


Name: Ether
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
Jumps: 0

Gender: Female
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 106
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Caucasian (Average)
Residual Self-Image: N/A

Age: 26
Birth: Child of Zion

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
11 (+0)|STR|---
16 (+3)|DEX|---
12 (+1)|CON|---
15 (+2)|INT|---
13 (+1)|WIS|---
12 (+1)|CHA|---
[/table]

Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +5
Will: +3

Initiative: +5
AC: 15
VP: 24
WP: 12

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
||||||
||||||
||||||
[/table]


Inventory (Real World)

Clothes
Jacket
Blanket
Collection of books
Lighter
Cigarettes
Flashlight

Inventory (In the Matrix)
N/A

4th number
2012-12-18, 02:42 PM
Jacko

Sheet:
Name: Jacko Ogden
Level: 3rd
XP: 3050
Jumps: 6

Gender: Male
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 195
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Pink
Residual Self-Image: Tattooed, including O P E N M I N D across his knuckles. Leather outerwear with rivets. Sunglasses. Fatter.

Age: 25
Birth: Jumper

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
13 (+1)|STR| 28 (+9)
14 (+2)|DEX| 31 (+10)
16 (+3)|CON| 32 (+11)
15 (+2)|INT| 15 (+2)
17 (+3)|WIS| 17 (+3)
13 (+1)|CHA| 13 (+1)
[/table]

Fortitude: +5 // +13
Reflex: +4 // +12
Will: +5 // +5

Initiative: +4 // +10
AC: 5 // 13
VP: 32(32) // 160(160)
WP: 16(16)

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Automatic Shotgun|||||
.357 Revolver||||||
|___|2d6|40'|20(x2)|P|32 (2 spares)
[Micro Tavor]|___|2d8|60'|20(x2)|P|30 (3 spares)
[Bowie Knife]|___|1d4+Str|10'|19-20(x2)|S/P|--
[/table]
Brackets denote [in the Matrix]

Inventory (Real World)
[B]Mjolnir: Fancy automatic shotgun, 20 hits of LSD, cigarettes, lighter, revolver, ammunition, ukelele.
Zion: A small room, a lockbox containing a variety of psychedelic drugs, an ancient pre-Matrix lava lamp.

Inventory (In the Matrix)
To be determined.
Background:
Jacko was born in the Matrix, United States, Louisiana. He grew up poor, and his parents were disinterested in raising a child. He spent his childhood running around his neighborhood shoplifting, playing tag, and spray-painting any available walls.

By some miracle, he got a scholarship to LSU, and became a student of chemistry. He failed to attend any of his classes after the first few weeks, preferring to spend his time in the dormitories trying various mind-altering drugs with other like-minded students. He flunked out midway through his freshman year.

Eight years later and heavily tattooed, Jacko lived in a van in Richmond, Virginia with his boyfriend. He had been bouncing between anarcho-syndicalist communes for a while now, and harbored notions of starting one of his own-- as much as a commune can be "one's own," anyway. Every Sunday (as an ironic nod to the religious Sabbath), he took a large dose of hallucinogenic drugs, journeying through the mysteries presented by his own mind. He had begun to doubt to truth of humanity's shared reality. Was time truly linear? Was each person's mind truly isolated, or was there a unified consciousness spread through the universe?

Was all the world a fiction, a lie put forth by those who would keep mankind imprisoned?

The jumpers came for him one Monday, and he was still altered enough that it didn't come as a surprise when he awoke in the mucus-filled pod that had been his home for twenty-six years. "The desert of the real" appalled him and excited him in equal measure.

Now, he is a jumper on the crew of the Mjolnir. His tattoos exist only in the Matrix, and he wears tight-fitting grey polyester instead of studded black leather. He's a veteran now, always armed a large steel pistol on his hip and an oversized automatic shotgun. Every mission to retrieve a potential new citizen of Zion thrills him-- this is a way to awaken humanity far beyond what he could have hoped for in his days selling mushrooms to college kids.

Jacko spends most of his time under the influence of a low dose of LSD manufactured by Zion chemists. He insists that it helps him to see what he needs to see, and his crewmates have grown used to his outsize pupils and strange demeanor.

EDIT: Would you mind putting the Captain's picture in a different spoiler than the sheet? It stretches my screen.

Hazuki
2012-12-18, 02:44 PM
Bree

Name: Bree
Level: 3
XP: 3,050
Jumps: 6

Gender: Female
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 125lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Caucasian
Residual Self-Image: Linkies. (http://konachan.com/image/80a92a927ad2e22d2f9c1a97ec542af2/Konachan.com%20-%20144928%20building%20cigarette%20gun%20necklace% 20original%20sky%20smoking%20terabyte_%28rook777%2 9%20weapon.jpg)

Age: 26
Birth: Jumper

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
14 (+2)|STR|32 (+11)
14 (+2)|DEX|32 (+11)
17 (+3)|CON|34 (+12)
18 (+4)|INT|18 (+4)
18 (+4)|WIS|18 (+4)
14 (+2)|CHA|14 (+2)
[/table]

Fortitude: +6/+15
Reflex: +5/+14
Will: +7/+7

Initiative: +5/+14
AC: +5/+14
VP: 34/170
WP: 17

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Colt M1911 (.45 Autoloader)|+5|3d6|30ft|20|Ballistic|7 box
Kukri|+5|1d4+2|-|18-20|Slashing|-
/2xDesert Eagle (.50 Autoloader)/|+5|3d8|40ft|20|Ballistic|9 Box
/Winchester 94 (.444 Hunting Rifle/|+5|3d10|135ft|20|Ballistic|6 Int
/6xWhite Phosphorous Grenade/|+5|3d6|20ft|-|Fire|-
[/table]

Inventory (Real World)
.45 Caliber(50)
Fatigues
Walkie-talkie
Standard Flashlight
Gas Mask
Binoculars
Backpack
Concealed Carry Holster
Laser Sight
Pistol Suppressor
Private Store of Rations
Spare Clothes
Sets of Playing Cards
Gun Maintenance Kit
Safe of Ammunition
Various Books
Weights


Inventory (In the Matrix)
Fake ID (FBI)
Night Vision Goggles
Marbles (50)
Electro-Optical Scope for Rifle
Laser Sights for Desert Eagles
Concealed Carry Holsters for All Weapons
Disposable Cell Phone
Multipurpose Tool
Lockpick Set
Lock Release Gun
Car Opening Kit
Extra .50 Ammo (54 Bullets/6 Clips)
Extra .444 Ammo (18 Bullets/3 Clips)


I was told there would be cake?

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 02:47 PM
The cake is a lie.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-18, 02:55 PM
Targe

Name: Targe
Level: 3
XP: 3050
Jumps: 6

Gender: Male
Height: 5'9
Weight: 165
Hair: Greasy Blonde (Faded from lack of sunlight)
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Pale white
Residual Self-Image: N/A

Age: 26
Birth: Child of Zion

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
10 (0)|STR|-
14 (+2)|DEX|-
12 (+1)|CON|-
18 (+4)|INT|-
17 (+3)|WIS|-
12 (+1)|CHA|-
[/table]

Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +5
Will: +6

Initiative: +5
AC: +5
VP: 24
WP: 12

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Lightning Rifle|n/a|5d6|150'|n/a|Electricity|3
||||||
||||||
||||||
||||||
[/table]

Inventory (Real World)
-Three changes of clothing (One slightly better maintained, for special occasions)
-Reading Glasses (Very mildly nearsighted)
-Fourteen textbooks on computer science
-Personal handheld computer
-Four fiction books, varying authors, all badly battered
-Repair tools, including soldering iron and replacement parts
Inventory (In the Matrix)
N/A


Character:

"Y'know, a lot of people in Zion like to talk a lot about what defines us, what it means to be human. I guess when everyone's a rebel hiding from the Machines and the entire rest of the human race is stuck in an illusion designed to keep them content and stagnant for as long as possible, it's pretty easy to get a bit introspective. Er, gettin' off topic here. Anyways, I've always thought that where we've come from defines who we are. Take my parents; I always wondered if they regretted leaving the Matrix, especially when their first son didn't come with them. Or couldn't, I dunno, I never got the full story. Kind of strange, you know, thinking I've got a brother out there somewhere I can never meet, who doesn't even know I exist? Anyways, I'm getting off track again. My parents were never much for the struggle against the Machines, really just wanted to get along with their lives. But, Zion needs bakers and what have you as much as it needs soldiers, and by the time I came along they were pretty well adjusted. But, I think they always missed what they left behind, just a little bit. I was raised on stories of the Matrix, its blue skies, green plants and people, so many people. Sometimes, when I'm really into it, I can see all those things outlined in falling code. Sometimes.

So, where we came from. I came from a family that was still strongly connected to the Matrix, and that started me on the path to where I am now. I wanted to see the Matrix, wanted to see what my parents told stories about, and I knew the only way that was gonna happen was on a Hovercraft, so I threw myself into it. My folks objected, of course, didn't want to lose me to the War like they lost my brother, but that wasn't about to stop me; I've always been a stubborn bastard. One of my strong traits, really. I learned how to fix a transistor, how our engine capacitors worked, how to read and manipulate the code the Matrix runs on. More, I was pretty damn good at it, good enough to get noticed. Good enough that Cutter, the Mjolnir's old Operator, took me on as his assistant. Damn, but that was an honour. Not only was I getting on to the biggest, meanest ship in the fleet, but I was gonna learn my stuff from the best Operator we've ever had. Five years later, Cutter retired back to Zion and Captain Athos took me on as his replacement.

So, there you have it. Where I came from, who I am, how the one led to the other. I'll admit, being an Operator isn't all fun and games. You ever had someone die right in front of you fighting a battle and there's nothing you can do about it? I have. And, it's gonna happen again, 'cause all it takes is one little slip-up in the Matrix and it's all over. So, I do my best to keep the soldiers alive, staying behind while they put their lives on the line. If I could go with them I would, you know, but I'll have to do my best from the Operator's chair."


Hacks:

Doom
Attack Mental Code Mk I
Defensive Program Mk I
Entropic Field
Combat Support Routine Mk I
Stopgap Program
Erase Data
Copy Data
Knowledge Upload
Insert Supply Cache Mk I


However, we do have cookies. The Oracle baked them.

Should I put my list of Hacks here?

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 03:21 PM
That would probably be a good idea.
Although... you don't need to list all the details here (unless you want to), but just a running tally of what you have at your disposal would be nice.

Hazuki
2012-12-18, 03:37 PM
Probably just being stupid here, but...what are Hacks?

Lentrax
2012-12-18, 03:39 PM
Lynn Miera


Name:Lynn Miera
Level:3
XP:3050
Jumps: 5

Gender: Female
Height:5'4"
Weight:120
Hair:Black
Eyes:Brown
Skin:Oriental
Residual Self-Image: Same as Reality, but with much longer hair, dyed into red, blue, and purple braids. She typically dresses in old style military fatigues and combat boots, as well as a pair of sunglasses similar to what Will Smith wears in Wild Wild West.

Age:23
Birth:Jumper

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
11|STR|23
15|DEX|32
14|CON|28
12|INT|12
17|WIS|17
12|CHA|12
[/table]

Fortitude: +4(+11 in Matrix)
Reflex:+4(+13 in Matrix)
Will:+5

Initiative: +4(+11 in Matrix)
AC:+4(+11 in Matrix)
VP:28 (140 in Matrix)
WP:14

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Katana|+14|1d8+6||18-20x2|Slashing|
Remington (12 gauge)|+5|3d6|30' cone|20(x3)|P|6

Colt 1911(.45 cal)|+14|3d6|40'|20(x2)|P|7
||||||
||||||
[/table]

Inventory (Real World)
A bed, a cople of sets of clothes, An old toy Mecha she found.

Inventory (In the Matrix)
Katana
Sunglasses
Disposable Cell phone.


Background

Lynn hated school. It wasn't her teachers, it wasn't the homework.

It wasn't even the bullies that beat her everyday for her lunch money. She never could put her finger on it. But something was wrong. Not the I might have left my stove on wrong, but the, "Oh god, I just left my kid in the car!" kind of wrong. There was something about the way everyone acted, the way it was all perfect. She went on like that for years. It wasn't until she started coding computers that she finally got her finger on what it was.

Programs. We are all programs, acting out one huge Operating system! Learning that opened a door in her mind. A door from which one voice rang out, asking one question, clear as crystal.

What is the Matrix?

Then her question was answered. She learned everything. From Agents to Zion, she learned everything she could about the Matrix, the war, and then she found something else. Something to believe in.

The One.

The One would come and liberate humanity from the machines, and we would be able to live out our lives as we wanted, not just as rogue programs in a computer run by computers. He would help us bring the fight to them. Save us. Because Lynn has only one real wish. More than anything else.

She wants to feel the sun. Too bad the Oracle never told her she would. But what she did say....

The One will save us.

Just guessing here, but I would assume hacks are for the operator to affect the Matrix to help us Jumpers out.

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 03:42 PM
Daedalus and I have been PMing about what his character is actually going to be able to do. So, I came up with the plan for him to have the ability to hack while you guys are inside and effectively "cast spells" to an extent. He will be able to support/buff you guys a bit and can still be active in combat this way. Hopefully it works out! {EDIT (ninja'd): Yup, Lentrax got it!}

I am going to start you guys off already inside the Matrix... to help set the mood and whatnot. I am going to strive to keep up that noir-esque atmosphere and hopefully start it off on an exciting level.



You have been sent in to extract a hacker by the name of Simone Patterson (alias of "Sim"). Despite being a teenager, she was arrested about eight months ago for siphoning funds from a government institution and has been incarcerated ever since. However, she was pregnant at the time of her arrest and has been temporarily transferred to a nearby hospital for the delivery of her baby. She will have a moderate level of security around her, but it shouldn't be anything that your crew can't handle. Get in, grab her, get out... then give her the Red Pill/Blue Pill speech.

And just as you are about to reach broadcasting depth, Targe spotted something in the Code - Sim just went into labor. Your window of opportunity was starting to close. It was time to go.


So, go ahead and gear up for the mission... as you will be inside already!

Hazuki
2012-12-18, 03:50 PM
Ah, okay. I thought it might have meant the mini-matrixes, like the Kung Fu one and the Jump Test.

So let's see; is a teenager, failed to avoid conviction, was pregnant, and now has a maternal link to a baby inside the Matrix. This "Sim" sounds like the soul of moderation!

Lentrax
2012-12-18, 03:59 PM
Just decided maybe I should carry a weapon with some range. My guess is tangling with an Agent with a sword will not go very well.

What would the stats be for a pair of 1911 Colt .45s be?

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 04:06 PM
LOL

I dare say that most with an altered perception of reality are not really "moderate" people. It is, after all, difficult to be moderate when something isn't right with existence itself (even if only in your eyes).

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 04:09 PM
This should be the code for it (just fill in the ___'s):

Colt 1911(.45 cal)|___[___]|3d6|40'|20(x2)|P|7

Hazuki
2012-12-18, 04:37 PM
Somebody should bring a baby carriage.

...y'know, just in case *something* happens that might require one. :smallwink:

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 04:50 PM
In Character thread is a go!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14398283#post14398283

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 11:57 PM
Just to clarify... it is okay for you guys to post in the IC thread now.

Oh, and Daedalus, if you weren't entirely happy with your picture... may I suggest Ben Foster?

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-19, 01:56 AM
Just to clarify... it is okay for you guys to post in the IC thread now.

Oh, and Daedalus, if you weren't entirely happy with your picture... may I suggest Ben Foster?

Nah, that's no better. Plus, I wanted to stay the hell away from pictures of real people, for obvious reasons.

As to the IC, well, I'm waiting on the rest of the people. No sense chiming in with bad news at this point, really. Better to give everyone else a chance to introduce themselves before the Operator buts in with his intel.

4th number
2012-12-19, 05:35 AM
Could I get some numbers for the weapons I'll be using on this mission? It'll be two Beretta 93r (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_93R)s with the extended 32-round magazines (because why even be in a Matrix game if you can't fire an automatic weapon with each hand?) and a Micro Tavor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21#Micro_Tavor_.28X95.29), which is a compact assault rifle chambered in 5.56.

And a big ol' knife.

Hazuki
2012-12-19, 07:41 AM
Is anyone else worried that Targe will go through their stuff while they're in the Matrix? :v

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 01:52 PM
Daedalus: Understandable.

4th: Here you go! Guns have been simplified in the rules (since there are only so many dice designations to assign) to represent pretty much 9mm and .45 (for handguns and assault rifles, at least). The difference is that you will be able to fire three-round burst with your pistols.

Beretta (9mm)|___|2d6|40'|20(x2)|P|32
Micro Tavor|___|2d8|60'|20(x2)|P|30
Bowie Knife|___|1d4+_|10'|19-20(x2)|S/P|--

Lentrax
2012-12-19, 01:53 PM
If I had any stuff to go through, maybe.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-19, 02:22 PM
Targe wouldn't go through your stuff. He's too busy worrying himself sick about things he can't do anything about. Worry about the engineer, I think, since that person probably has a lot more time on their hands.

Also, pregnancy and childbirth is one of several elements of the Matrix universe that never made any sense to me. If everyone's totally separate, enclosed in individual pods, it means that the Machines are doing everything. They're collecting from the father, implanting into the mother, then carefully adjusting the neutrient and hormone feeds into the mother, then helping deliver the baby and moving it along. At this point, the child can't be connected to the Matrix, which means that its Avatar must be controlled by a Program until it can be hooked into the Matrix. Given the size and position of the implants used to connect to the Matrix, there's no way that stuff's being installed until the person is a full adult, which means that either kids are running on a smaller set which is being constantly replaced as they grow or... Well, actually nothing else makes sense. Not that that makes sense, either, given that the implants are tied directly into the nervous system.

It's ludicrously convoluted, to the point of near impossibility, is what I'm saying. Oh well, I'll try not to think too hard about it from here on out.

Lentrax
2012-12-19, 02:35 PM
I hope I wasn't supposed to hear that. IIRC we really don't want an open channel to reality.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-19, 02:49 PM
Do you mean the whole thing, or the last bit? The last paragraph was entirely Targe talking to himself. I'll make sure to mark it very clearly when I'm actually talking to the group.

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 04:09 PM
And technically... Targe cannot simply talk to the group. He has to call one of them on their cell phones to communicate directly with them.
:smalltongue:

As for the childbirth issue - I actually just always assumed that the machines farmed the sperm and the eggs and fertilized/incubated them independently from the "parents".... modifying the genetics and the DNA into whatever they saw fit. And then, when the child was fully-formed, then it was moved into a pod and capped off. As for the implants, perhaps they are installed while the person is asleep and having a "nightmare" and then just mechanically size with the body?

But yes... willing suspension of disbelief. It's probably better to not think too much about it.

Hazuki
2012-12-19, 04:59 PM
Captain Athos: No going in guns blazing!
*proceeds to do car stunts and make lots of noise in his muscle car*

Seems legit.

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 05:09 PM
He is definitely one of those "do as I say, not as I do" types... you know, parental figure and all.

Lentrax
2012-12-19, 05:11 PM
So, no guns means the sword is okay, right? :smallwink:

Hazuki
2012-12-19, 05:12 PM
If Lentrax gets to use her sword, I get to use my grenades! :P

Targe's ability seems useful. Can he deliver a stash of Guatemalan strippers and alcohol for the afterparty?

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 05:15 PM
Targe wouldn't go through your stuff. He's too busy worrying himself sick about things he can't do anything about. Worry about the engineer, I think, since that person probably has a lot more time on their hands.


Speaking of which (and thank you for that, Daedalus)... meet the other two members of the crew!

Splice - The Engineer


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewEngineer-Splice_zpse286641c.jpg
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]


Name: Splice
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
Jumps: 0

Gender: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Black
Skin: Black (Average)
Residual Self-Image: N/A

Age: 34
Birth: Child of Zion

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
16 (+3)|STR|---
17 (+3)|DEX|---
18 (+4)|CON|---
13 (+1)|INT|---
13 (+1)|WIS|---
14 (+2)|CHA|---
[/table]

Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +5
Will: +3

Initiative: +5
AC: +5
VP: 36
WP: 18

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
Heavy Wrench|+4|1d8+3|--|20(x3)|B|--
Colt .45 (Magnum)|+5|3d6|40'|20(x3)|P|6
||||||
[/table]


Inventory (Real World)

Clothes
Magnum
Wrench
Tools
Tool belt
Duffel bag
Flashlight

Inventory (In the Matrix)
N/A


And...

Ether - The Pilot


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/CrewPilot-Ether_zps496cea54.jpg
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
* - Using secondary set of rolls: [15][11][12][15][12][13]


Name: Ether
Level: 2
XP: 1,500
Jumps: 0

Gender: Female
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 106
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Caucasian (Average)
Residual Self-Image: N/A

Age: 26
Birth: Child of Zion

Abilities
{table=head]Score(Mod)|Stat|Score(Mod)
Real World|----|In the Matrix
11 (+0)|STR|---
16 (+3)|DEX|---
12 (+1)|CON|---
15 (+2)|INT|---
13 (+1)|WIS|---
12 (+1)|CHA|---
[/table]

Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +5
Will: +3

Initiative: +5
AC: +5
VP: 24
WP: 12

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag
||||||
||||||
||||||
[/table]


Inventory (Real World)

Clothes
Jacket
Blanket
Collection of books
Lighter
Cigarettes
Flashlight

Inventory (In the Matrix)
N/A

Hazuki
2012-12-19, 05:16 PM
Worst. Pilot. Ever.

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 05:20 PM
And Targe can't do strippers yet (too big), but he could conjure up part of them... which part you want?
:smallbiggrin:


Yeah, right on target with the pilot. Re-rolling now. The 16 isn't bad (which would have to be her DEX)... but the rest is just awesome. I totally saw her turning out to be a real bucket of sunshine and rainbows based on that... "I can never do anything right."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Hazuki
2012-12-19, 05:28 PM
Is Ether called that because she's always staring into it?

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 06:22 PM
Possibly... or breathing them too often.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-19, 06:30 PM
Alcohol? Sure, easy enough. Strippers? Gonna have to do it yourself, I'm afraid. Anything more complicated than a pistol is straight out, at least for the moment. The way we've got it figured is that as I gain experience, I'll get access to more powerful Hacks. As-is, the best I can do is mild resupply of simple goods. As the GM said. Very useful for on-demand stuff, but do keep in mind the one-minute delay and the fact I've gotta have a convenient place to put them. I figure one of the fundamental rules of the Matrix is that you can't make any overt changes while someone's watching.

Yeesh, looks like Splice is better than me at everything. Maybe he should have my job... :smallwink:

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 06:50 PM
Yeah, he got some great rolls. But maybe he prefers machines (engines, that is) over computers.

He's the hardware guy... he lets you handle the software.

Hazuki
2012-12-20, 07:49 AM
That's the fun thing abut hardware guys; you could trick him into thinking that if you unplug somebody from the Matrix, they rise as cyber zombies with the mind of an Agent.

Erasmas
2012-12-20, 12:30 PM
Alright... get those "dice" warmed up!
I need Spot checks (we will still be calling most skills by their names), which will be 1d20+WIS mod+level.

And yes, Targe gets one too Daedalus! A lot of what I will be posting while they are inside the Matrix is going to be visual things happening to them. I don't want to bore you with too much monotony of Real World stuff, so there won't be much of that. I figure, you're watching it all on your screens and interacting when you want/can... so the descriptions are for you as well (even though you aren't "there", per say).

Hazuki
2012-12-20, 12:49 PM
[roll0]

Let's hope this is good!

lolnope.jpg

Erasmas
2012-12-20, 01:14 PM
Just remember, the DCs aren't going to work quite the same as with D&D... although some may be close.

Oh, and I got the NPCs sheets done up finally.

Lentrax
2012-12-20, 01:35 PM
Trying this rolling thing out: [roll0]

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-20, 01:58 PM
Alright, Spot it is.

1d20+6
Don't worry too hard about keeping me on the edge of my seat. I knew I signed up for a desk job going into this, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with me taking a week of IRL time not doing much while the awesome Matrix folks do their thing. Basically, as long as I get to keep relevent most of the time and contribute to the success of the mission I'll be plenty happy.
Edit: Erm... dunno why that didn't work. I'm gonna try again.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-20, 02:00 PM
[roll0]

Will it work this time?

Edit- Yes, it will. Looks like none of us are all too observant.

4th number
2012-12-20, 02:29 PM
Wow, Spot checks are not going well so far. Let's see what Jacko sees: [roll0]

EDIT: I credit the acid for that.

Hazuki
2012-12-21, 02:51 PM
Jacko sees a problem and tells nobody what it is. Such a valuable member of the team!

:smallwink:

Lentrax
2012-12-21, 04:44 PM
I just had this crazy idea. Already posted in the IC but thought I would let you all know to maybe hold off til I get an answer to my PM.

Of course, I am also going to bed, so I won't be posting for at least 5 hours....

Erasmas
2012-12-21, 11:29 PM
He did... he pointed out the deja vu (wow, did my phone not like typing that)!

Hazuki
2012-12-22, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I know. My bad. :P

I forgot that Deja Vu was something important in the Matrix. Derp.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-22, 01:58 PM
Hmmm... You know, I'm not sure if I can make a pregnancy-simulation-kit, now that I think about it. While it's certainly simple enough to fit into my 'not too complicated' category, it's also a lot larger than I was thinking about.

What say you, Erasmus? I think it might be a bit big, but is this situation covered by my current abilities?

Erasmas
2012-12-23, 06:34 PM
Maybe this should be a "roll for success" type situation!

How about a d20 roll, plus your level and your ability modifier (INT).

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-23, 07:58 PM
Let's see how it turns out, then.

[roll0] - Nice and average. I'll defer to your judgement, then post IC once I know the result.

Erasmas
2012-12-26, 01:05 PM
That'll work just fine, Operator!
:smallwink:


Hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a safe and wonderful New Year's!

Hazuki
2012-12-26, 03:51 PM
So, a middle-aged man who owns a muscle car, a pregnant punk, a gay druggie, and a businesswoman walk into a hospital...

Anyone heard this one before? :smalltongue:

4th number
2012-12-26, 09:33 PM
Are we gonna work out the whole plan (and I use the word "plan" very loosely here") IC or should we do some hashing out here?

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-26, 10:02 PM
Actually, that IC question was pretty good OOC as well. What does Targe see of activity inside of the building?

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 11:40 AM
Daedalus: Roll me a Search (d20+INT+level) {again}.

Working on a floor plan right now, should have it posted up in a little while! If it's just going to be directions for the crew, then I will be PMing it to you, Daedalus. I am for hashing the plan out here, but (obviously) I will be pretty hands-off for that. I can answer questions and help resolve rolls and whatnot though!

Also... not a massive deal, 4th, but if/when combat breaks out, having a marker for Jacko would be handy. Based on your descriptions of him, this is the guy that I keep picturing in my head (though you are certainly more than welcome to find a better-suited picture):

(From a movie called Lockout... fixed his eye.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/2232_movies_Lockout_t588_zps8cebefab.jpg

(A more normal picture of the same actor.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Matrix/tumblr_m5uiqsjifc1qknue4o1_1280_zps1a936cf4.png

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-27, 12:26 PM
Search it is, then. [roll0]

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 02:04 PM
Okay... the PM is sent!

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-27, 02:08 PM
Got it. IC post referencing that data soon.

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 11:16 AM
Alright... anybody else got something before we push forward?

I will be out of town this weekend (where there is no internet access), so the next bit may not be up until Monday/Tuesday.

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-28, 03:08 PM
No, I'm pretty much just in reaction mode here. I'm good to get on with the mission, I think.

Lentrax
2012-12-28, 03:16 PM
I'm good to go.

Hazuki
2012-12-28, 03:17 PM
My phaser is set to stun, Captain.

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 03:27 PM
Alrighty... here we go!

Hazuki
2012-12-29, 02:10 AM
Uhh, what's Bree meant to be doing again? :x

DaedalusMkV
2012-12-29, 02:16 AM
I guess you're probably going in with the Captain and Lynne, since Jacko's going to be the distraction. I imagine it's up to you what you think Bree's best move here is, though.

4th number
2012-12-29, 02:57 AM
I guess you're probably going in with the Captain and Lynne, since Jacko's going to be the distraction. I imagine it's up to you what you think Bree's best move here is, though.

I'm more or less winging it. I figure I'll go crazy when someone signals me or when it's obvious that distraction and/or killing is necessary.

Of course, in character we're all super competent operatives who know each other's styles like the back of their hands, and our improvisational skills are second to none. :smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 01:29 PM
I hope everyone's New Year was great (and safe)!
In celebration... I give you a picture of our monumental bonfire!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Bonfire_zps1897c6cc.jpg

Anywho... back to business! By the by 4th, did either of those pictures work for Jacko?

Hazuki
2013-01-02, 01:30 PM
Why is there a severed head at the top of your bonfire?

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 01:52 PM
Don't you put those on top of your bonfires?!

Lentrax
2013-01-02, 03:07 PM
Only during sacrificial ceremonies...

I mean, no. No I never have heads of any kind on my bonfires.

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 05:03 PM
Yes... precisely...
:smallconfused:

4th number
2013-01-03, 01:02 AM
Okay, how's this: I start distracting as soon as Lynn is close enough to be a factor when the action starts. As soon as at least one guard is drawn off, Athos and/or Lynn and/or Bree move in to get the target out.

Once we're out (having shot a bunch of people, probably), we carjack someone and GTFO.

Thoughts? It's a bit, uh, messy.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-03, 01:08 AM
If you need to make a hasty getaway, I can jam doors behind you. Otherwise, my involvement is going to be strictly related to passing along information and minor buffs in combat. We're still looking to be green apart from the two guards at the door, and they're just blueshirts. You guys can probably just KO them with your ludicrous Kung Fu moves rather than shooting the place up and risking killing who knows who.

4th number
2013-01-03, 01:33 AM
I think the only reason we have for trying to be subtle is that it buys us a few extra rounds between **** starting to go down and the bad guys noticing that some serious people (us) are involved.

Hazuki
2013-01-03, 01:55 AM
Alternatively. Somebody could order a pizza for the guards, for which they'd need to abandon their post in some way. No bodies left for somebody to stumble upon, that way.

4th number
2013-01-03, 03:14 AM
Alternatively. Somebody could order a pizza for the guards, for which they'd need to abandon their post in some way. No bodies left for somebody to stumble upon, that way.

Reeeeal subtle. :smallwink: I think we're set as far as distractions go.

Are we supposed to care about civilian casualties? They certainly don't seem to in the movies.

Lentrax
2013-01-03, 07:52 AM
Honestly, the only way I can see us getting in without killing is going to be Bree. With her FBI ID, she may be able to convince the cops to leave Sim in her custody for Federal computer crime charges.

4th number
2013-01-03, 08:19 AM
Nah, they'd call their supervisor. The ID would probably be enough to get her some alone time with Sim, though, if she's not actively having a baby right that second.

The bigger issue is, are we cool with just killing a bunch of people? I'm thinkin' yes. This isn't D&D where the ideal of Good is something worth caring about-- what we are doing is for the greater good of humanity's survival, so killing a few people who will never be awakened isn't that bad.

Also, I kinda wanna shoot people a whole bunch. I wanna run up walls firing automatic weapons with both hands and I wanna run trucks through police roadblocks and I wanna leave nothing but rubble and corpses behind me. :smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2013-01-03, 11:59 AM
I would say, on the whole... civilian casualties are not a huge hang-up for you guys; I dunno about going on a killing-spree simply for the sake of gratifying some underlying maniacal urge. I would say that your crew probably views civilians as they view furniture, or doors, or guns... they are either tools to get the job done or they are potential obstacles that simply decorate the place.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-03, 02:01 PM
Targe has a pretty simple priority list. The lives of his team are top priority, civilians come second (they're still people, even if they're useless and potentially dangerous people), Drones third (Drones refers to anyone working directly for the Machines, mostly law enforcement and military) and Machines never. If we can get the mission done without civilian casualties, great. If we can't, that's too bad but you gotta do what you gotta do. I just think that not shooting the place up is a good way to buy more time to get out; gunfire is obvious from a long distance, really. These are just regular cops; a good whack on the throat from our Str 30+ Jumper team should be more than enough to kill them quitely without causing a big ruckus.

Basically, I think minimizing civilian casualties is always a good goal, as long as it doesn't interfere with the mission, and in this case not using the guns might just improve our odds of success.

Hazuki
2013-01-03, 02:45 PM
Didn't the intro mention that Sim already had the babby, or something?

4th number
2013-01-03, 02:49 PM
I would say, on the whole... civilian casualties are not a huge hang-up for you guys; I dunno about going on a killing-spree simply for the sake of gratifying some underlying maniacal urge. I would say that your crew probably views civilians as they view furniture, or doors, or guns... they are either tools to get the job done or they are potential obstacles that simply decorate the place.

I dunno if an urge to roleplay wuxia-style action counts as "maniacal." :smallbiggrin: I wanna do that stuff, Jacko's quite indifferent, as you describe.

Hazuki
2013-01-03, 02:54 PM
Just, FYI 4th Number, "I thought I was in the Matrix" doesn't work as an excuse in Court. :smallwink:

4th number
2013-01-03, 02:59 PM
Just, FYI 4th Number, "I thought I was in the Matrix" doesn't work as an excuse in Court. :smallwink:

You think that's air you're breathing?

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-03, 03:01 PM
Didn't the intro mention that Sim already had the babby, or something?

She went into labour, which means anywhere from a couple of minutes to a day or two before she actually has the baby.

Erasmas
2013-01-03, 04:21 PM
If you would like, Daedalus, Targe may roll a 'Gather Information' check... with his INT instead of his CHA. He might be able to tell if Sim has already had the baby or not...

So (once more) 1d20+level+INT!

4th number
2013-01-04, 08:48 AM
At any rate, someone's gotta make the first move after we know what we know. I think that's gotta be Bree, and when she goes in we can all start doing our bits for distractions and getaways.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 09:28 AM
You needn't be afraid to take your time. ;P

Also, I love your signature right now, 4th Number. It's normally a pain to get to the IC thread for me. :x

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 10:35 AM
If you find the need for it (and cannot locate a nearby post of 4th's), you can also find the link under the "Running" spoiler in my signature as well.

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 10:43 AM
Alright... Hazuki, roll me a Bluff check, please. You may add a +6 bonus for your disguise, props, and adopted demeanor!

Cop1:
[roll0] (Sense Motive)
Cop2:
[roll1] (Sense Motive)

EDIT: Oh, and make it a good one... the male cop is raising his eyebrow at you.
:smalltongue:

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 11:02 AM
Bluff: [roll0]

Preparing to potently punch pompous police...or...not?!

4th number
2013-01-04, 11:02 AM
Glad my signature's useful to someone but me. :smallbiggrin: I'm thinking of adding character sheet links to it, but when 3 more games start up it's gonna be a big mess of BBCode underneath.

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 11:36 AM
Hazuki: Tie goes to the aggressor (which, in this case... is you)!
:smallbiggrin:

Well done!

4th: Yeah... there is a character limit and with all of the coding, you can hit it pretty quickly.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 11:41 AM
The Random Number God seems to be forgiving me for my sins. d:

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 12:16 PM
Here we go, ladies and gents!

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 12:55 PM
Let's get initiatives from everyone, if we could, please!

Athos:
[roll0]

Guard1:
[roll1]
Guard2:
[roll2]

EDIT: I updated the initial post in this thread with a Battle Map and a Battle Chart. These should help to eliminate most of the confusion about placement, distance, and the status of everything... should combat erupt.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 01:04 PM
*turns around for one moment*

*turns back*

-_-"

[roll0]

4th number
2013-01-04, 01:54 PM
DEX+level, right? [roll0]

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 02:04 PM
Correct!

Excellent... so far the cops are last on the list!
Does the Battle Map seem like it might help you guys?

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 02:13 PM
I'd like to make a knowledge check for Bree to know what the IV is doing, and any potential dangers of moving a recently-pregnant woman, please. :3

[roll0] Uhh, make that +7. So 21.

4th number
2013-01-04, 02:28 PM
Does the Battle Map seem like it might help you guys?

I am very fond of it already.

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 03:32 PM
4th: Good! Glad to hear it.
:smallbiggrin:

Hazuki: The IV tree has two bags, one looks to be a painkiller of some kind and the other seems to just be fluids (saline). The only potential danger that Bree is aware of is potential hemorrhaging. Her vitals are all good and she seems to be the picture of health. Women nowadays often go home within hours of delivery (as long as everything goes well); though they are generally wheeled out in a wheelchair - pushing/epidurals seem to do a number on the ol' leg muscles.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 03:36 PM
Excellent. I suppose we should call her an electromagnet, because her vagina hertz. (It's funny because it's not happening to me)

Is there a wheelchair in the room?

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 03:53 PM
*cue cymbal crash*

And no... there is not.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 03:57 PM
Excellent. I guess we'll be rolling out on a hospital bed! Let's see how that roll turns out...

4th number
2013-01-04, 04:27 PM
Don't worry, I'll tip over an old man and take his wheelchair if necessary.

Wow, this thread is making me look like a jerk. :smalltongue:

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 04:31 PM
I didn't say that there wasn't one in the ward... just not one in her room.
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 04:36 PM
We are going to hold the action right there, until we get into the rotation.

I will GM-Bot the initiative rolls for Targe and Lynn... just so that whoever is first can get this ball rolling right.

Targe:
[roll0]

Lynn:
[roll1]

Lentrax: It is Lynn's turn!
Hazuki: I will just queue what you had posted last for Bree's turn and post a reply when we get to that point!
Daedalus: Targe is after that.
4th: And he is followed by Jacko.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 04:39 PM
If Sim dies, I'm totally blaming Athos. Bree can't, because she wasn't there, but I will look disapprovingly at him!

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 04:45 PM
What did he do?!

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 04:46 PM
Wait...what?

What is wrong with this guy?!

What the actual ****?!

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 04:50 PM
What, did I not describe Athos' actions clear enough?

Or are you saying that he is being sadistic?


Or are you asking what is wrong with me?
:smallconfused:

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 04:52 PM
The second one! I mean, seriously. O_O

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 04:54 PM
What... he's gagging her so that she can't scream or call out?!

He's just using what's handy. The cuff is foam-filled, squishy, and foldable. He's putting that in her mouth and then tying it in-place with her shirt sleeve.

He's not shoving the whole thing in there... just the folded edge of it (sideways-like).

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 04:59 PM
I guess that I don't know why he's doing it to begin with adds to my attitude. :s

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 05:01 PM
Well... he could just shoot her, or knock her unconscious I suppose.
But that seems a bit excessive and unnecessarily cruel at this stage.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 05:04 PM
Thinking from the nurse's point of view...she probably thinks she's about to get raped. It seems unlikely that she'd be crying otherwise...

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 05:08 PM
I dunno... two people start pointing guns in my face... I'd probably be compelled to cry too.

But she certainly might think that rape was a possibility, if she chooses to not believe them about not wanting to hurt her and thinks that Lynn is super kinky.

Hazuki
2013-01-04, 05:10 PM
Well, let's just say that criminals don't often announce their true intentions to their victims before they commit the crime.

Traumatizing somebody is a fair bit crueler than killing them or knocking them out, at least IMO.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-04, 05:45 PM
Sorry, I picked up a seriously nasty bug yesterday, and a bunch of bad stuff from school hit this morning that I've got to deal with ASAP. I'll try to keep up, but there's a pretty damned good chance that I'm going to fall behind a bit until this flu works itself out of my system and I get my school stuff all sorted out. If you're waiting on me, assume that Targe tries to put a defensive buff in place on whoever seems to be in the greatest danger of getting hurt.

That Perception check: [roll0]

4th number
2013-01-04, 07:26 PM
Hey, watch Jacko be be subtle! 4 dice rolls worth of subtle, even.

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 11:47 AM
Hazuki: Perhaps... but any mental distress is hardly being done on purpose by Athos, and he isn't taking any enjoyment from it. It's just business.

Daedalus: Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well; hopefully things turn around for you sooner rather than later! As for what that roll will tell you... Sim has already had the child and you can see its signature in the nursery.

4th: All good rolls, sir!

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 02:45 PM
4th: While talking is a free action, since you are actually attempting to persuade behavior by doing so... I am going to have what you are doing take place on your turn (after Bree and Targe)! We will just queue what you posted for then.
:smallwink:

4th number
2013-01-07, 02:53 PM
Sure, sure. My goal is delaying them anyway, so the longer this takes, the better. :smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 03:43 PM
Exactly!

I didn't figure that you'd mind too terribly much. I just wanted you to know why I wasn't posting a response just yet!

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 05:46 PM
Agreed, Daedalus... and I've got you down for getting the hack ready!

Erasmas
2013-01-08, 11:07 AM
Haven't seen Hazuki around since Friday... I will give her a couple more hours to post up and then will GM-Bot her to move things forward!

Hazuki
2013-01-08, 11:34 AM
You only updated the thread yesterday... >_>

Erasmas
2013-01-08, 04:29 PM
I know... just didn't want the thread to stall (it sucks so bad as a GM when that starts happening)!

Hazuki
2013-01-08, 04:36 PM
I'm...sure I know nothing about that.

*hides from Lentrax* :smalltongue:

Lentrax
2013-01-08, 05:56 PM
Yeah. I'd hide too.

Just kidding. It wasn't just you, a couple of other things happened there.

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 12:14 PM
Uh oh...

Yeah, my Wonderland/Oz-themed D&D game folded before it got very far at all. I was pretty heartbroken, since it had been an idea of mine for several years and I put in about 20 hours worth of work prepping it.

Lentrax
2013-01-09, 12:36 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 01:06 PM
Yeah... it is what it is.

Cop1:
[roll0] (Sense Motive; normally a +5, -2 for your earlier performance)
Cop2:
[roll1] (Sense Motive; normally a +5, -2 for your earlier performance)

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 01:08 PM
Who are these mysterious rolls for, guv'nor?

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 01:12 PM
Jacko's interaction with the Po-po.

Looks like things might just start to get a little bit rowdy!
:smallamused:

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 01:19 PM
Ether came in, from somewhere in the front of the ship, sipping on an aluminum cup with dings in it. The sleeves of her ragged sweater were pulled down over her hands, barely allowing her fingertips to be usable. She sat down in the chair beside you and spun on its swivel in two full rotations before letting it come to a stop on its own... somewhat facing the monitors.

"D'they find her yet? Is she pretty?"Heyyy!

What's Bree, chopped liver?

4th number
2013-01-09, 02:16 PM
Heyyy!

What's Bree, chopped liver?

Bree is like the luxury version of Trinity and Morpheus. If you've gotta be violently pulled from the world you knew in a storm of bullets, she's the one you want to do it.

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 02:31 PM
Bree is like the luxury version of Trinity and Morpheus. If you've gotta be violently pulled from the world you knew in a storm of bullets, she's the one you want to do it.Haha...what makes you say that? d:

Though I was referring to her looks; she needs love too~

4th number
2013-01-09, 02:54 PM
She's like a tour guide-- oh, feel free to ask questions as we go. :smalltongue:

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 03:04 PM
x3 Very true. She'd rather Sim not think of the horrific things to come.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-09, 03:15 PM
Heh. Targe, meanwhile, pretends to be a blind man trying to describe how things don't look because he can't see them.

Pfft, I'm loving Jacko's drunk act. Those cops must be all kinds of frustrated right about now. :smallamused:

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 03:16 PM
I was under the impression that it was Ether asking about Sim.

If it was Splice, ignore my previous comments. >_>

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-09, 03:20 PM
Naw, upon further examination it was definitely Ether. Woops. Fixed now.

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 03:41 PM
It was definitely Ether... and Hazuki, I was definitely planning on having Ether swing that way. Not sure if Bree does or not, but there could have been/currently be something between them, if you'd like.

I'm gonna wait a bit to give Lentrax the chance to post her reactions, then I will do the "round recap" and update the Battle Map.

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 04:42 PM
Athos:
[roll0] (Trip Attack - versus Doctor1)
[roll1] (Attempt to make it look accidental)

Doctor1:
[roll2] (Defense - versus Athos' Trip)

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 04:59 PM
Okay, sure. How would it affect the ship dynamic?

It would probably be a good idea to type up Bree's background, given there'd be somebody who'd probably have heard it. d:

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 05:09 PM
Not any more than Trinity and Neo's relationship affected their ship's dynamic (except that Ether might worry more while you guys are inside).

And yeah, just let me know how long you want for it to have been going on, if it is currently still going on, how "secret" it is supposed to be, and how serious it is.

Hazuki
2013-01-09, 05:47 PM
Gotcha.

Well, they're the same age, and I imagine that Bree has been on the ship for a long time (As an excuse for her aptitude), but Ether is a Child of Zion, and it seems like she'd need more time to warm up to a stranger from a different land, even just for friendship.

So. I'm thinking about three years ago, Bree made an offhand comment that Ether picked up on and used as a way to make herself more comfortable; because hey, something in common that would otherwise be unavailable. They became friends, leading into comfort (Especially after Bree's first time Jumping officially).

It had just sparked into "feelings", when Bree met the Oracle and found out that, to her mind at the time, all her effort was worth nothing. She became a little more introverted and focused on training herself, essentially shunning Ether until she'd cleared her mind.

After Bree's third jump, her head was cleared because of the success, and she approached Ether about rekindling their relationship. Here, I'm not sure, because it depends on the thoughts of other characters; whether Ether's crewmates would have unanimously seen Bree as being too callous, or if they understood that she was going through another personal crisis. Thoughts?

Lentrax
2013-01-09, 06:02 PM
Mid-life crisis, huh?

Lynn probably sees Bree as cold and calculating, but knows that under that is a person who cares about the people around her.

Just because she doesn't have have anyone to snuggle up with doesn't mean she's against anyone else getting together. Lynn probably is like the annoying little sister, trying to help two people who care for each other get together and be in love.

But right now, all Lynn cares about is getting out of this hospital.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 12:36 PM
All I can really speak for (in regards to crewmates attitudes) are Athos and Splice. Splice is protective over Ether, both being Children of Zion and all... and wouldn't have wanted to see her get hurt. But after some time, I imagine Bree would've grown on him and he wouldn't have had much to say on it. Although, there would probably be a few "I'll be in my bunk" type moments. Athos probably still has a hard time seeing Ether as anything more than a child that happens to be gifted with the ability to fly. Outwardly, he probably doesn't say much about it.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 12:50 PM
Yeah... I have absolutely no problem with you attempting both, 4th. In a normal game, you're right... no chance. But this are special circumstances (being the Matrix and all).

Cop1:
[roll0] (Reflex save - versus Jacko)
Cop2:
[roll1] (Reflex save - versus Jacko)

Wow... both rolled really well!

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 12:52 PM
I was more hoping for them on that particular instance, to better gauge Ether's reaction. :P

But, it seems like the majority are supportive, so I imagine that Bree and Ether would have gotten back together after that and been back at it for...say, a year at this point IC?

So, to summarize...

Length: Three years, with a dip in the middle.
Status: Ongoing.
Secret: Used to be, but isn't after the dip.
Serious: Yes.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 12:53 PM
Excellent... you got it!
Thanks for working on that; anything that deepens the characters/relationships is always better for the story.

Oh, and for Bree's "path" - you are talking about going (south) around Area 25, down past Rooms 19 & 18, past Area 4, through Area 1, and into 33... like that, yes?

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 01:17 PM
No problem. Unfortunately, now you know how to bait me into doing things. :P

And yes, that would be the intended path.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 01:25 PM
No problem. Unfortunately, now you know how to bait me into doing things.

The promise of hot lesbian sex?!
:smalltongue:


Huh... that works on me too.

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 01:27 PM
:smalltongue:

Though I actually meant 'cause Bree has somebody to care about in the real world, where she doesn't have Uber Powers.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 01:51 PM
Oh, right... that!
Hehehe

By the way, the Battle Map is updated (complete with new Hospital Bed)!

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 02:01 PM
That is one handsome hospital bed, right there.

Erasmas, could you add Ether and Splice's sheets to the first post, please? I keep forgetting they're on the second page and...yeah. >_>

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 03:01 PM
Done, and done.

Well... technically they're in the second post (under Captain Athos), but yeah.

4th number
2013-01-10, 03:08 PM
Okay, here's hoping that dude-cop is feeling cooperative.

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Erasmas.

Has Targe put achievements into the Matrix? Y'know, like we complete a mission and get an item for our RSIs? 'Cause I'm totally going for The Snark Knight achievement.

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 03:51 PM
Yeah... and you hear a "ding" and your gamerscore goes up!

No, no. It totally doesn't.
:smalltongue:

You are quite the land snark though, I must say.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-10, 04:22 PM
Sorry for the delays right now. Seriously, seriously busy with school and personal stuff this week. I'm not likely to get a post in until either late tonight or some time in the morning, so feel free to autopilot Targe if the delay becomes an issue. He will certainly get to work on Lynn's Skill Upload, and will also attempt to warn her of immediate hostilities in the waiting area thanks to Jacko's distraction and the very high likelyhood that this will result in police reinforcements.

I'll do it myself if I get this stuff done sooner than expected, but don't hesitate to do it for me if I don't get that chance.

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 05:37 PM
The Courier? I LOVE Fallout: New Vegas!

Erasmas
2013-01-10, 05:37 PM
No worries, Daedalus!

Hopefully everything gets sorted soon for you.

LOL
I've never played New Vegas.

Hazuki
2013-01-10, 05:41 PM
Then your life is not complete. d:

Also, that guy has a goatee. I'll be keeping an eye on him.

EDIT: Guess who accidentally read Lynn's passage for Athos and Bree? This gal! :x

Lentrax
2013-01-10, 06:57 PM
So I have a guy with a goatee standing in a hall in front of me?

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 12:53 PM
Hazuki: I hope my life is not complete... there's still sh!t I wanna do (though playing New Vegas may or may not be a part of that)! I played 3 and liked it a lot, I just have to be really picky about which $60 games that I blow my money on.

P.S. I have a goatee... although, technically I guess it's a "van dyke".
P.S.S. Yeah, I totally put that passage in the wrong place initially. I edited it just before leaving work yesterday.

Lentrax: Yes. You expected it to be a dark and rainy parking lot, but instead it T-junctions into a brightly lit (and certainly not rainy) hallway. You also notice that he has a very old-looking key in one hand and the doorknob that is in the other... certainly does not go to a fire exit stairwell, in fact... it has an engraved plastic business placard on it that reads "Carter & Helton, LLP".

Hazuki
2013-01-11, 01:05 PM
New Vegas is two and a half years old by now. :x And, if you liked Fallout 3, you'll love it. It has better characters, sticks to the lore of the world, deeper RPG mechanics, a plot that actually makes a lick of sense... But, I say that as a New Vegas fangirl, so. :smalltongue:

This elevator is taking a long time to get to. O_O Even assuming the bed gives us a speed penalty (Let's say -10ft) and we have no speed boost over a normal human, we should be moving at about 80ft/round.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 01:11 PM
Oops... forgot to make an opposed roll for Jacko!

Cop1:
[roll0]

Okay, I need a defense roll from Jacko, 4th! I know that you were going to fire at her if she started, but with everything that you did on your turn... you didn't have enough "action" left to attack (but you had enough movement to get some ways away from them, which I figured was the goal). But, on her turn, since she managed to not get tangled up with "Branson" (the above roll), she is not popping a shot at you!

Battle Map and Battle Chart are updated!

4th number
2013-01-11, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm out of town for the weekend and unable to post until Monday or Tuesday. I know we've been moving pretty fast, so after today, feel free to NPC me. Lethal force is the name of the game, I think.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 01:24 PM
Oh... ninja'd (twice)... see the above edit 4th! Hopefully I catch you before you sign off.

Hazuki: Not sure where you're getting the 80 ft. from. The bed is slow (and cumbersome around bends and corners), so you guys have been moving at 60 ft./rd. (which is 6 seconds). I figured that was a pretty brisk pace for a hospital bed. One of you in these hallways would only be able to move 90 (since it isn't a straight line), but I can hardly have you moving at the same speed that a non-bed-pushing person would be!
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 01:43 PM
Alright, Hazuki, roll me a Diplomacy check please! You are at a -2 because of the rather... unsettling circumstances.

Other than the bed moving slowly... what do you guys think so far? This is the first time that I've ever run a Matrix game before. Is it working out? Room or improvement?

I am an avid fan of feedback, positive or negative, as long as it is constructive and more detailed than "it's neat" or "I don't really like _____".

Hazuki
2013-01-11, 01:44 PM
...does Bree get a bonus for being gay? (Unlikely, but it's worth a shot)

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 01:46 PM
Well... it would matter more if Sim was, so... we'll let the dice decide!

Sim's Gay Check:
[roll0] (1-50 no; 51-100 yes)

EDIT: Okay... I would say that that's a resounding "yes".

Hazuki
2013-01-11, 01:50 PM
Huh? But that check says that Sim is gay. 51-100 was yes and she got 83.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far, and the Matrix elements are being handled fairly well. In tune with Bree, in that I think there should have been more planning beforehand, but I understand that it's hard to account for all possible avenues.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 01:53 PM
Wow... you are correct. My apologies (that's what I get for trying to do more than one thing at a time)! So yes, you get to add your Charisma modifier in a second time.

And thank you very much, I appreciate the compliment. As for the better planning, I agree... I am a very strategy-oriented player. But... as the GM, I definitely had to keep my mouth shut in order to remain objective.

Hazuki
2013-01-11, 01:56 PM
Woot!

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Also! As a suggestion for future jumps, I think there should maybe be a percentage roll to detect who could have contacts for where we're going? If we succeed, we get a floor plan/guy on the inside/tips about suspicious activity. It would let us have a better grasp of things before we start going Dukes of Hazzard. xD

Weeell, it looks like Bree is one sexy mamma jamma.

4th number
2013-01-11, 01:59 PM
Defense would be Dex+lvl, right? [roll0]

And I'm likely to be able to get another post in this evening-- I'm not gone just yet.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 02:06 PM
Hazuki: No kidding! That actually results in a 35 (20s are not auto successes, but instead get a +10... with the offset being that 1s get a -10)! So... yeah, you may have a new admirer!
:smalltongue:

4th: That is correct on the Defense! I guess it would help if I rolled out an attack, huh?

Cop1:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Jacko)

EDIT: Easy-peasy... she missed you by quite a lot!

Lentrax
2013-01-11, 02:06 PM
Intelligence/knowledge check for knowing anything about the Courier.

[roll0]

My guess: nothing.

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 02:07 PM
Nope, definitely not. You have never heard of this guy... however, you are fairly certain that he is a program.

Hazuki
2013-01-11, 02:13 PM
Bree: "I don't always pick up chicks, but when I do, they're always laced with drugs and post-labor." :x

Good luck, Lentrax! ^_^

Erasmas
2013-01-11, 02:38 PM
I went ahead and replied to Lentrax, since her's is strictly dialogue (for now) and she is isolated from the rest of the action. I am going to hold off on yours for the moment, Hazuki to see if 4th gets the chance to post again before he leaves (since you guys are all right near one another and therefor can impact each other's 'scene'.

Erasmas
2013-01-15, 10:42 AM
Sorry guys, been sick this week! Should be able to get back to the action tomorrow.

Hazuki
2013-01-16, 12:32 PM
Hope you feel better soon. :smallsmile:

Fun fact: Our characters are pretty much more durable than walls.

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 01:29 PM
Alright... back at it!
(And, yes, Hazuki... that's true. Like when Morpheus was pushed into/through that tiled bathroom wall repeatedly!
:smallbiggrin:

4th: It is only one roll for a three-round burst, so we'll use that first one!
She is using partial cover, so...

Cop1:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jacko; +4 normally, +4 cover from corner)

EDIT: Alright, you hit... dealing 31 points of damage. She has a vest, so she has DR=4... taking it down to 27 points, which will not deplete her WPs entirely, but damn near close. It certainly is going to take the fight out of her.

EDIT EDIT: The Battle Map and Battle Chart are up to date. I assumed that Jacko would be trying to keep up with the rest and cover their exit towards the elevators (the boxes with X's on them on the Battle Map).

Hazuki
2013-01-16, 02:25 PM
I don't know why I find the image of a person being better protection than a wall funny. :x

Also, woot, we're almost there! Once we get to the elevator, I'm sure nothing will go wrong and we will bring Sim back to the ship for milk and cookies.

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 02:31 PM
Exactly!

Since it could take a bit to get them all in, I am going to preemptively ask for Spot checks from everyone, please (aside from Lynn).

I'll go ahead and roll for Targe (I am going to assume that he is still AFK, until I hear otherwise from Daedalus):
[roll0] (Spot check - normally a +6, +2 for it standing out code-wise)

Hazuki
2013-01-16, 02:36 PM
[roll0]

notbad.jpg

4th number
2013-01-16, 04:14 PM
Spottin': [roll0]

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 04:45 PM
Athos:
[roll0] (Spot check)

Hazuki
2013-01-16, 05:33 PM
That's Agent Miller from Mirror's Edge, no?

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-16, 06:31 PM
I am here. Just hadn't had much to talk about, since things were going pretty much to plan and Targe would have been working on that Knowledge Upload. Now...

AGENT ALERT! RUN FOR THE GORRAM HILLS!

Time to get to work...

4th number
2013-01-16, 06:37 PM
Hey Erasmas, what're the rules for firing full auto?

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 06:50 PM
Hazuki: I'm not sure; yet another game I've never played. Just a cool picture I found on the internet, and then modified in GiMP.

Daedalus: Hey, welcome back! I hadn't posted anything on your happenings, because I didn't realize you were back. Now that you are here, I will start to incorporate you back into what's going on! Yeah, you cannot find Lynn in the code stream anywhere. And there is most certainly an agent hot on their heels.

4th: Fully automatic is 5 attacks in one round. The first attack is at your full bonus, the second is at -2, the third at a -4, etc.

4th number
2013-01-16, 06:55 PM
I think I feel better about three-round bursts, then. Oh, and running. Running away from the agent. Those two things.

4th number
2013-01-16, 08:40 PM
Eeesh. I shoulda stuck with my first ideas.

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 01:25 PM
Running may not be a bad plan.
:smallamused:

Okay... I need:

An attack roll for the grenade from Bree
And damage (if you have it)


Agent Frost:
[roll0] (Defense roll 1 - versus Jacko)
[roll1] (Defense roll 2 - versus Jacko)
[roll2] (Defense roll 3 - versus Jacko)
[roll3] (Defense roll 4 - versus Jacko)

4th: Jacko's last shot was a critical miss. His rifle jammed!

EDIT: Okay, not surprisingly... the first four missed him.

Hazuki
2013-01-17, 01:35 PM
I do indeed.

Attack: [roll0]
Fire Damage: [roll1]

The burst of the grenade is over 10 square feet, and it creates a 5ft area of total concealment.

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 02:07 PM
Wow... that would be a critical! Way to go!

Battle Map is updated (again), to include the now-dead doctor that Bree killed.
:smallbiggrin:

Hazuki
2013-01-17, 03:13 PM
Looks like Agent Frost... :smallcool: just got burned.

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 03:30 PM
Technically, I think "melted" is the appropriate term here.
But, yes... well done, Hazuki! It doesn't really count as an 'agent kill' because he's still around and kicking (in a brand new body), but it is certainly worth some XP coming your way!

Hazuki
2013-01-17, 06:14 PM
It doesn't count as an agent kill? But...but...

What will she do with this poster now?! (http://i45.tinypic.com/2gtulmt.jpg) :smalltongue:

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 06:49 PM
Hang it Targe's room?
:smalltongue:

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-17, 07:03 PM
Hang it Targe's room?
:smalltongue:

Aw man, why you picking on the poor Operator...

Damn, being mission control is harder than I'd anticipated. Especially when I can't contact people as easily as I'd hoped... We need to get you guys some voice-activated bluetooth earpieces, I think. The whole ringing phone thing is just too cumbersome.

On the other hand, bluetooth headsets are bleeding-edge tech in 1999, so...

Hazuki
2013-01-17, 07:08 PM
On one hand, Bluetooth headsets were around for at least a year by 1999, and in development for five years before that.

On the other hand, these things are entirely symbolic in the Matrix, so shouldn't we be able to get similar earpieces to those of the Agents? I mean, if it works for them...

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 11:34 AM
The biggest thing about the line of communication that you use is that it can be traced. So, if you have a line that is constantly open... that makes it infinitely more accessible by the machines. The beauty of using a cell is that it is a temporary connection and then it's gone the moment the call is ended. And... if things get too dicey, you simply drop it in a dumpster or out an open window.

Lentrax
2013-01-18, 11:56 AM
Or the pocket of a hapless passerby.

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 11:57 AM
Exactly.
:smallwink:

Athos:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hazuki
2013-01-18, 11:59 AM
Fair enough.

Perhaps Mission Control could be given a little more control over the environment, like a hacker in the Matrix itself could? I don't know what he's doing now, but speeding up the elevator would be fantastic.

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 12:39 PM
Damn, being mission control is harder than I'd anticipated.

Yes... I think we need to cut down on the prep-time for the hacks. Let's go back to what the book lists them as. Maybe what we can do is have you prepare your hacks ahead of a jump (the way a wizard or cleric would when they sleep the night before), so you have to choose a certain number that you can have on "stand by" and the 'casting' of each hack is representative of the time that it takes you to import the code and weave it into the present circumstances.

DaedalusMkV
2013-01-18, 02:24 PM
The biggest thing about the line of communication that you use is that it can be traced. So, if you have a line that is constantly open... that makes it infinitely more accessible by the machines. The beauty of using a cell is that it is a temporary connection and then it's gone the moment the call is ended. And... if things get too dicey, you simply drop it in a dumpster or out an open window.
The only difference between what we use now and a Bluetooth earpiece is that the earpiece is hands-free. But, again, that's bleeding-edge tech in 1999, so it's kind of a pipe dream asking for one.

Yes... I think we need to cut down on the prep-time for the hacks. Let's go back to what the book lists them as. Maybe what we can do is have you prepare your hacks ahead of a jump (the way a wizard or cleric would when they sleep the night before), so you have to choose a certain number that you can have on "stand by" and the 'casting' of each hack is representative of the time that it takes you to import the code and weave it into the present circumstances.
I'll think about it. The main issue here was that I never had any warning about changing circumstances and I got a superfluous Knowledge Upload request halfway in. If I hadn't had to switch tracks to the Upload I actually had time to finish the Stopgap Program, which would have let me put a near-impenetrable barrier between the Agent and the team. My combat Hacks are all 1-round anyways, so the "hard being mission control" is more about it being harder than I'd expected to actually be useful when I rarely had anything to say to anyone that they didn't already know.

Erasmas
2013-01-18, 05:08 PM
That could entirely be a failure on my part, Daedalus. If it is, I apologize and am more than open about possible ways that I can fix it in the future.

4th number
2013-01-19, 11:38 PM
We seem to have survived our first action setpiece.:smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2013-01-21, 10:41 AM
Indeed you have!

And as soon as you guys exit the Matrix, you will be getting some XP.
:smallsmile:

Hazuki
2013-01-23, 02:53 PM
*insert mandatory presence post here*

Bree's last attempt at party interaction is still in the air, so.

Erasmas
2013-01-23, 03:03 PM
Thank you, Hazuki... for letting me know that you're still here.
:smallsmile:

Athos has a lot on his mind, but Bree would know that he doesn't smoke while in the Matrix. He has, on occasion, taken you up on the offer in the real world.

Hazuki
2013-01-23, 03:07 PM
Thought it would be nice to let you know.

However, Bree doesn't smoke IRL. That stuff is bad for her health, but doesn't affect her RSI.

Erasmas
2013-01-23, 03:21 PM
Well then... two ships passing in the night it is.
:smallwink:

Hazuki
2013-01-24, 06:30 PM
Anybody want to bet that Sim's child is Neo?

4th number
2013-01-24, 06:39 PM
Anybody want to bet that Sim's child is Neo?

I've pretty much assumed that since I heard the title. :smallbiggrin: Perpetual 1999 makes it at least plausible.

Erasmas
2013-01-25, 12:23 PM
Well... we may as well just stop playing now.
:smalltongue:

Hazuki
2013-01-25, 12:31 PM
OOH. Oh, Sim could be half-program and the Oracle's daughter. She is mixed race, after all.

And Neo is as white as a blanket. :smalltongue:

Edit: Think Jacko should probably handle this one.

4th number
2013-01-25, 03:49 PM
Gave it a stab, anyway. :smallsmile:

Hazuki
2013-01-25, 03:51 PM
I'm glad Jacko knows what he's doing.

4th number
2013-01-25, 03:55 PM
I'm glad Jacko knows what he's doing.

There's a good reason I'm playing an acid head in this game. Great fun. :smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-01-25, 04:24 PM
LOL... 4th ninja'd me and I was going to go back and edit for continuity, but it actually plays out alright, I think!
:smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-01-28, 01:31 PM
Okay... you each receive 1,050 XP!
Please record it on your character sheets.

It breaks down like so:

250 apiece for the Jump itself.
400 for the cops (not killed, but still "bested") - divided 5 ways.
1,500 for offing the first 'incarnation' of the Agent and giving him the slip - divided 5 ways.
500 apiece for excellent RP.

Hazuki
2013-01-28, 02:34 PM
Woot, XP!

Also, I can't shake the feeling that we may not be in the possession of Mjolnir (http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Mjolnir) for much longer...

4th number
2013-01-28, 02:40 PM
Updated. My current sheet is the one posted on the first page of this topic.

Erasmas
2013-01-28, 02:50 PM
Hazuki: You can never tell... though I will say this much. While this campaign is built around the canon, nothing is really too sacred when it comes to artistic license.
:smallbiggrin:

4th: I believe that is that one that I also have linked in the Character Chart in the initial post (at least, I hope it is).

Lentrax
2013-01-28, 03:08 PM
Updated sheet, and ready to move on.

Hazuki
2013-01-28, 04:08 PM
Heading out of the bay, she turns to Jacko.

"Top or bottom?"
"That's a bit personal, don't you think?"

I was thinking, the other day, that a mission in some kind of forested area would be very fun. Then I remembered that there aren't phonelines in forests... >_>

4th number
2013-01-28, 04:11 PM
"That's a bit personal, don't you think?"

I was thinking, the other day, that a mission in some kind of forested area would be very fun. Then I remembered that there aren't phonelines in forests... >_>

A side-of-the road payphone along the two-lane that's the only civilization for miles. :smallbiggrin:

BTW, is Jacko allowed to smoke here? Not that he cares, I'm just wondering.

Lentrax
2013-01-28, 04:12 PM
A long distance chase scene to a ranger station, in a Targe-equiped bond-esque car?

Erasmas
2013-01-28, 04:58 PM
Sure, Jacko can smoke there... probably not on the bridge or in the broadcast bay, where the most "sensitive" stuff is (since smoke is pretty bad for electrical equipment). But in most of the rest of the ship, it would probably be okay.

4th number
2013-01-28, 05:22 PM
TODO: Smoke in bridge and broadcast bay

Hazuki
2013-01-29, 11:54 AM
the smell of the machines and their dirty work - oil, heat, synthetic amniotic fluid, hot metal.Is anybody else hungry all of a sudden?

Erasmas
2013-01-29, 12:03 PM
I am actually... but that has more to do with it being lunchtime and less to do with my gnarly description.

But, hopefully it did what it was intended to!
:smallbiggrin:

4th number
2013-01-30, 11:03 AM
Let's talk numbers on Jacko's shotgun. I'm thinking dual magazines, one loaded with armor-piercing slugs and one with HE rounds. Dunno if 3 round bursts are feasible, but I do want something that's a threat to machines.

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 11:59 AM
Alright... we will assume that it uses 20 gauge shells (3d4 damage) and each drum holds 24 shots. It is a x3 critical modifier. This is the way that I usually handle attacks with shotguns:

Shotgun
A shotgun deals damage differently than a normal weapon. It sends out a cone of lead goodness to its maximum distance to everything within that cone. One attack is rolled and every target makes its defensive roll separately. The damage dealt decreases by one die per 20 ft. increment (and the cone increases by 10 ft. of width) it is away from the point of origin.


However, with the armor piercing rounds and the explosive rounds, these are slugs, not shot pellets. So, we will say that it has a range of 40 foot. The armor piercing rounds will treat all shots as touch attacks (ignoring armor). With the explosive rounds, they will deal 4d4 damage instead and any adjacent targets will take 1/2 of whatever is rolled in splash damage.

Sound fair?

4th number
2013-01-30, 12:03 PM
Sure, that sounds great. What about burst fire?

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 12:10 PM
Oh, right...

Umm, 3-round burst is a no-go, but you could do semi-auto and auto fire (three or five separate attacks... with the -2 "step" down to the attack rolls). So, for semi-auto you would make your attacks at normal bonus, normal bonus -2, and then normal bonus -4. For fully automatic, you would make your attacks at normal bonus, normal bonus -2, normal bonus -4, normal bonus -6, and then normal bonus -8.

4th number
2013-01-30, 12:11 PM
Oh, right...

Umm, 3-round burst is a no-go, but you could do semi-auto and auto fire (three or five separate attacks... with the -2 "step" down to the attack rolls). So, for semi-auto you would make your attacks at normal bonus, normal bonus -2, and then normal bonus -4. For fully automatic, you would make your attacks at normal bonus, normal bonus -2, normal bonus -4, normal bonus -6, and then normal bonus -8.

Cool, thanks.

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 12:42 PM
No problem!

On a side note:

By the way... I am looking for a D&D-themed game to join as a player. Preferably non-4th Edition or free-form centered, with a heavy emphasis on RP. Does anybody have any recommendations?
:smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-01-31, 10:45 AM
Should I just fast-forward us to the next beat in the storyarch?