PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 homebrewed prc] King's Hammer | Peach please

CinuzIta
2012-12-18, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new on this forum and these is my first post! I play d&d 3.5 from some years and I always liked to create classes and races (maybe, like all the modders, I enjoy creating more than playing)! Anyway, I decided to registrate to present my works to the community, in order to have suggestions and critics! :)

This is one of my works, the king's hammer: it's a dwarven prestige class; in game, those who belong to these class are the dwarven kings' bodyguards on the battlefield. Here they are:

King's Hammer
King's Hammers are the dwarven kings bodyguard on the battlefield. Wielding their warhammers, they create the void around their sovereign, while their shields fly on the battlefield to protect him and their own comrades. They would never allow anyone to get close to their protect and, even when they'll find themselves on critical health situations, they'll never surrender to the enemy.

Prerequisites:
Race: Subtype (dwarf)
BAB: +10
Feats:
Weapon Focus (warhammer)
Weapon Specialization (warhammer)
Melee Weapon Mastery (blunt)
Block Arrows
Special: Must be invited to join the King's Hammer by the dwarven king himself. Must use a two handed warhammer and a shield with the Animated enchantment.

HD: d10
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|One With the Hammer, Hammer's Swing 1/Encounter

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Living Shield

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Hammer's Swing 2/Encounter

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Bastion of the Realm

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Hammer's Swing 3/Encounter, Last Stand

[/table]
Skills: 2+Int. Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) (Int), Jump (Str), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str).

- One with the Hammer (Ex): from the first level on, the character can add his Wisdom modifier to the damage rolls when he wields any bludgeoning weapon that must be wielded with two hands.
- Hammer's Swing (Ex): once per encounter, the character can swing his hammer all around him to create a void and permit his king and comrades to advance safely. As a full round action, he can make use of the Whirlwind Attack feat. In addition, every enemy who fail a reflex saving throw (DC 10 +1/2 of the damage dealt) is knocked prone.
- Living Shield (Ex): as an immediate action, the character can make his shield fly over the battlefield to protect his king and comrades. He can transfer his shield bonus to an ally within 30 feet as an immediate action to protect him from an enemy attack (the bonus must be transferred before knowing the result of the attack roll). The character loses his shield bonus to the ac until the start of his next turn.
- Bastion of the Realm (Ex): if an enemy is hit while moving by the King's Hammer's attack of opportunity, he must immediately stop and his move action for the turn is lost.
- Last Stand (Ex): a King's Hammer can continue the fight without penalties even when his HP reaches -10. To continue fighting, he must pass a Fortitude saving throw at the start of his turn (DC 20+2 per previous success). Last stand virtually allows the character to continue fighting endlessly, until he fails the saving throw or the fight ends, whichever comes first.

Razanir
2012-12-18, 04:53 PM
Note: Spellcheck service auto-provided. Changes were bolded.

hello everyone!

I'm new on this forum and these is my first post! I play d&d 3.5 from some years and I always liked to create classes and races (maybe, like all the modders, I enjoy creating more than playing)! Anyway, I decided to registrate to present my works to the community, in order to have suggestions and critics! :)

Welcome!

Prerequisites:
Race: Dwarf (any)
BAB: +10
Feats:
Weapon Focus (warhammer)
Weapon Specialization (warhammer)
Melee Weapon Mastery (blunt)
Block Arrows
Special: must use a two handed warhammer and a shield with the Animated enchantment

I might change the race requirement to Subtype (dwarf). Should mean about the same thing, but it's a bit clearer IMO.

Feats: I've never heard of those last two.

Special: I'd remove the shield requirement and make the Animated enchantment a class ability.

HD: d10
Saving Throw: good Fortitude and Will, poor Reflexes
Bab: good
Skills: 2+Int. As warrior

Levels:
1st: One with the Hammer, Hammer's Swing 1/day
2nd: Living Shield
3rd: Hammer's Swing 2/day
4th: Bastion of the Realm
5th: Hammer's Swing 3/day, Last Stand

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|One With the Hammer, Hammer's Swing 1/day

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Living Shield

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Hammer's Swing 2/day

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Bastion of the Realm

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Hammer's Swing 3/day, Last Stand

[/table]

Also, you forgot to list class skills

- One with the Hammer: from the first level on, the character can add his Wisdom modifier to the damage rolls

I'd also add Wisdom to attack rolls. Also, you might want to clarify "with hammers"

- Hammer's Swing: once per day, the character can swing his hammer all around him to create a void and permit his king and comrades to advance safely. As a full round action, he can make use of the Whirlwind Attack feat. In addiction, every enemy who fails a reflex saving throw (DC 10 +1/2 of the damage dealt) is knocked prone.

I'd bump this up to per encounter. It really wouldn't be broken that way, I don't think, and will fit better flavor-wise

- Living Shield: as an immediate action, the character can make his shield fly over the battlefield to protect his king and comrades. He can transfer his shield bonus to an ally as an immediate action to protect him from an enemy attack (the bonus must be transferred before knowing the result of the attack roll). The character loses his shield bonus to the ac until the start of his new round.

Interesting. Just remember to add a range

- Bastion of the Realm: if an enemy is hit while moving by the King's Hammer's attack of opportunity, he must immediately stop and his move action for the turn is lost.

Seems decent.

- Last Stand: a King's Hammer can continue the fight without penalties even when his HP reaches -10. To continue fighting, he must pass a Fortitude saving throw each round (DC 20+2 per round)

Whoa. That's awesome.

CinuzIta
2012-12-18, 05:26 PM
thank you for the reply (and for the spelling corrections as well;) ). I'm sorry about the format of my post, but at the moment I'm writing via cell phone, so I couldn't add the class table.

Anyway:
1. Good point on the race prerequisite, should be clearer that way. About the feat, they should be present in PHII. Melee weapon mastery, if I remember well, give the character +1 to attack rolls and +2 to damage rolls with the selected weapon tipe (bludgeoning in these case). Block arrows is like deflect arrows, but as a prerequisite it require to posses a shield.
One question: why you'd remove the animated shield prerequisite? I'd leave it as it is because, being them the king's guard, they're supposed to be high level warriors who do have access to higher level equipment!

2. When I wrote 2+Int. As the warrior (I meant fighter, sorry), I intended to say that they not only gain the same amount of skill points, but that they also have the same class skills.
Don't you think that adding Wisdom to attack rolls would be "too much"? Anyway, speaking of hammers, I mean warhammers (or any hammer that must be wielded with two hands)

3. Hammer's swing could be bumped at once per encounter..now that I think about it, it shouldn't broke the game

4. You're right, I completely forgot to add the range in these description. The range is 30 feet.

One point that maybe wasn't clear in my description: Last stand virtually allow the character to continue fighting endlessly until he fail the saving throw or the fight ends, whichever comes first!

bobthe6th
2012-12-22, 03:13 PM
"One with the Hammer(Ex): from the first level on, the character can add his Wisdom modifier to the damage rolls when he wields any bludgeoning weapon that must be wielded with two hands.

Hammer's Swing(Ex): once per encounter, the character can swing his hammer all around him to create a void and permit his king and comrades to advance safely. As a full round action, he can make use of the Whirlwind Attack feat. In addition, every enemy who fail a reflex saving throw (DC 10 +1/2 of the damage dealt) is knocked prone.

Living Shield(Ex): as an immediate action, the character can make his shield fly over the battlefield to protect his king and comrades. He can transfer his shield bonus to an ally within 30 feet as an immediate action to protect him from an enemy attack (the bonus must be transferred before knowing the result of the attack roll). The character loses his shield bonus to the ac until the start of his next turn.

Bastion of the Realm(Ex): if an enemy is hit while moving by the King's Hammer's attack of opportunity, he must immediately stop and his move action for the turn is lost.

Last Stand(Ex): a King's Hammer can continue the fight without penalties even when his HP reaches -10. To continue fighting, he must pass a Fortitude saving throw at the start of his turn(DC 20+2 per previous success). Last stand virtually allows the character to continue fighting endlessly, until he fails the saving throw."

here are some edits/clarifications.

CinuzIta
2012-12-27, 06:33 PM
thank you for your edits, first post will be edited as soon possible!:)

Any other critics or ideas or just comments about this prestige class?

bobthe6th
2012-12-28, 01:29 AM
sorry for putting it in quotes... now you can do a straight copy and paste.

CinuzIta
2012-12-28, 04:02 AM
wwwell thanks, but actually that wasn't a problem:)