PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fake stereotypical party

the clumsy bard
2012-12-18, 03:32 PM
Inspired from this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264713)

How could you dupe the party into thinking they've met up with the stereotypical party?

I am going with the stereotypical party of:

fighter
mage
rogue
cleric

I already thought of the party thinking the mage was a wizard in robes, but actually a summoner with the synthesist archetype.

A fighter who is actually an illusionist with illusion spells up to make it looks like they are more fearsome a fighter then they are.

Can anyone else think of interesting ideas?

Chilingsworth
2012-12-18, 03:58 PM
The most direct way I can think of is to give all its members hats of disguise. Have them look like whatever you want them to. They can then be anything, but will fool the party (at least for alittle while.)

grarrrg
2012-12-18, 05:59 PM
"fighter"
Depending on what level this would be stated for, I'm thinking Magus would work nice. 3/4 Bab, all Martial Profs and the ability to wear (up to) Heavy Armor would do nicely to "look" like a Fighter. And since they do not have Arcane Failure when wearing Armor it makes for a nice surprise as well.

"cleric"
This one is both harder, and easier depending on how close you want to be.
Hard if you want Channel Energy, as only Paladin and Cleric have easy access (Life Mystery Oracles as well for Positive only).
Easy as any Divine Caster can throw on some Medium Armor and carry a (fake) Holy Symbol around.

"rogue"
You'd almost have to stick to a 6 or more Skills class, unless his INT was fairly high.
There is an Alchemist archetype that grants Sneak Attack instead of bombs. There is also a Bard archetype that grants (limited) Sneak Attack.
Either one could work for "Surprise! Caster!".
Hmm...Dwarves have a Favored Class bonus to reduce Spell Failure for Bards, and when they hit 10% they gain Medium Prof as well. Double bonus as Dwarves are much more likely to be Rogues than Bards due to the CHA penalty.

"wizard"
Visually this one is trickiest due to the "no armor" of a typical Wizard.
Easiest to pull off would probably be Monk, as they are the farthest from Wizard you could get, while still not 'needing' armor. Recommend Quinggong archetype, as you could carefully pick some "spells" to complete the deception.

Karoht
2012-12-18, 10:07 PM
@Cleric
Class = Sorcerer
Razmiran Priest Archetype.
Jack up his UMD.
Buy Divine Scrolls.
Voila. He "casts" Divine spells on demand or Arcane one's when he wants to.
He carries a holy symbol and gains False Focus instead of Eschew Materials.
Make him a Half Elf so he can use the Racial Spell-Paragon Surge.

BowStreetRunner
2012-12-18, 11:03 PM
I actually liked the one that has been discussed around the net more than a few times - how Gandalf was actually a Paladin with a Ring of Fire Elemental Command and not a Wizard at all. His spells were all either Paladin spells or spells he got from items - his staff or ring.