PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga campaing

Immabozo
2012-12-18, 04:28 PM
So a friend of mine found this game and a group of us happily learned it and played it.

So a group of us were in a cantina, run by a PC, visiting me, a young Jedi in the Jedi Temple on Corusant. The story went that I had just finished the basic temple training and, while waiting to get my first master, I was given a month off.

So the 5 of us (A jedi, a "jedi" class but not a member of the jedi tradition, a force sensitive noble, a scoundrel and another noble) took a job we found in the Cantina, providing security for a transport to Tattooine.

So we get there and are asked to guard the ship. We see something kicking up a lot of dust and moving quickly in our direction. Two sand people sneak up behind us and sneak into the ship. Our one scared, paranoid noble in the ship (who always wears a space suit for space travel) is still inside the ship and alerts us. We come around and dispatch them quickly. Their mount decides to attack me and almost kills my in a crit. I turned around and force gripped the thing out of the monster out.

From this moment on, I am in the corner in a force trance healing my wounds. I didn't care about what else was happening. I was almost dead.

Once the encounter ends, the NPC crew member again resumes bringing crates out of the ship. The paranoid noble rolls a spot check to see whats in the crates. He rolled a 20 and happened to look is the right crate. A large crate full of a LOT of money and drugs. So the player, playing a very attractive female Twi'lek comes over and puts her arm around the crew member and began to flirt with him, stopping him. Behind his back, she motioned for the force sensitive noble to come closer. He shrugged, brought his light saber up to the back of his head and turned it on.

We couldn't stop laughing. No one could understand why he interpreted the hand gesture as "This guy needs to die now".

Apparently, we were robbing the ship.

The Twi'lek covers herself in blood and runs terrified to the one other crew member, the captain. Of course there were no guards. We were the guards.

The captain came out of the bridge to see what was happening. The DM warned us that this guy was tough. The Twi'lek was acting panicked and rolled a deception check - another 20. He followed her down the hall upon her beckoning. Before coming into the main room where the rest (minus me) were waiting in ambush, the Twi'lek turned and grabbed the captain and panicked spun him stumbling backwards into the room. The force sensative noble uses force lightning, the scoundrel has a heavy repeater and the last not-a-jedi jedi attacked with his lightsaber, dark rage enhanced. We down him in the surprise round.

We then hear a knocking at the ship door, it is the port "authorites" they really were the criminals who owned the port and were the intended recipients of the money and drugs. We could certainly us my mind trick, but no. I'm almost dead. Figure it out yourself.

Some slick talking from our Twi'lek seems to work, but when we try to take off, they go running for their ships, fighter ships. So our scoundrel turns the ship guns on them, utterly decimating them. We again land and a pilot stays to fly the freighter with unresponsive me, our force sensative noble goes to pilot one and the twi'lek and the not-a-jedi jedi grab the other and we fly off with all three ships, a freighter and two fighters, 50,000 credits worth of gold and a fair amount of drugs.

We ended the night realizing, despite my best efforts, this is the evil campaign.

Crossblade
2012-12-21, 04:54 AM
I wouldn't call, "in the corner... didn't care about what else was happening", anything close to 'best efforts'.

Sidmen
2012-12-21, 07:42 AM
You should've realized it was an evil campaign when the other force-sensitive characters took Force Lightning and Dark Rage.

Alejandro
2012-12-21, 10:46 AM
It sounds like you would have gotten the same effects by just playing Grand Theft Auto.

Friv
2012-12-21, 01:03 PM
Well, it's always interesting when a game goes off the rails in amusing ways.

Why didn't you just take a second wind, though? Would have gotten a bunch of health back, and been able to rein in the devastation a bit. :smallwink:

Immabozo
2012-12-21, 02:23 PM
This was our first time playing, we were still learning the rules.

I didn't know their force powers were, what they were, until they used them. I didn't even know one of them was force sensitive.

All my efforts came in the 3 weeks to come before I gave in and joined in the evil-ness.

Crossblade
2013-01-04, 07:09 PM
You should've realized it was an evil campaign when the other force-sensitive characters took Force Lightning and Dark Rage.

Are these feats? Aren't you able to just call upon them in an instant at the cost of gaining DS points?

Sidmen
2013-01-04, 07:41 PM
Are these feats? Aren't you able to just call upon them in an instant at the cost of gaining DS points?

They're Force Powers, which you need to learn with the Force Training feat.

Alejandro
2013-01-04, 10:22 PM
Nothing technically stops a Jedi from learning powers like Force Lightning. They'll just get a DSP whenever they use the power. However, nothing technically stops them from atoning or taking other steps to remove their DSPs, depending on how often they use the power.

But no, if you don't know a power, you can't just spontaneously use it.