PDA

View Full Version : First time in Dark Crusade

*.*.*.*
2012-12-18, 04:47 PM
Greetings! This Sunday, my group will be playing our first 40k game. I am decently versed in the lore, but I have no experience with the system. Our GM is a huge Warhammer buff and has every book for every 40k system. Our group will probably be small, so I'm worried about survival. If any of you could give me some tips on creating a character, I would appreciate it.

I'm wanting to play a chaos marine, which is pretty simple. The problem comes with the fact that another player is wanting me to teach his character sorcery, as he is a Dark Eldar. I have informed him of the danger of a Dark Eldar sorcerer, but he is obstinate. He has already ran it by the DM, who is okay with such a strange concept. My problem is that I was hoping for a more melee based marine, but I am unsure of how sorcerers do in melee. Any advice on what to do? Also, as far as sorcs go, are the special rules for Thousand Sons any good?

IdleMuse
2012-12-19, 11:39 AM
If you don't want to play a sorcerer, don't play a sorceror? Other player should figure out his character on his own, rather than co-opting you to help him play his (very weird) combo. If the GM is happy with him being a Dark Eldar Sorcerer, then he should just let him learn it from an NPC or something... Seems a bit off to force you to change your concept just so he can have his.

*.*.*.*
2012-12-20, 05:32 PM
The GM didn't force me into said role, I was merely stating he was fine with my fellow player's D.Eldar to learn sorcery. I really wanted to help my friend achieve his goal, but I'm not entirely sure on how Sorcs play.