PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Blade Adept [3.5][PrC][PEACH]

Durksmurf
2012-12-18, 05:37 PM
Psionic Blade Adept

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster_gallery/98.jpg

Many, many years ago a group of Warblades went into seclusion in a temple far, far away from the Temple of Nine Swords. This group enhanced their mental prowess until they were extremely intelligent and could perform almost magical acts with there minds. This groups apprentices now venture out into the world as Psionic Blade Adepts.

Normally the Very reclusive, over the years the Order has grown more and more public, outgoing, and preventative while becoming less and less apathetic. Depending on how long ago the Order was formed in your campaign, the DM may choose to wave the alignment restrictions or even change them to any non-neutral. This will also affect your roleplaying so discuss this before the game with your DM.

Author's Note:First 3.5 homebrew! Please PEACH, all coments welcome.

Requirements:
Alignment:Any neutral
Skills: Concentration 8, Knowledge(Psionics) 4, Knowledge(Religion) 2, Knowledge(History) 2
Martial Maneuvers: Any two martial manuevers including one strike
Martial Stances: Any one martial stance
Feats:Psychic Renewal, Psionic Weapon
Powers:Must be able to manifest 2nd level powers

Hit Die: d6

Skill Points: 2+int mod

Class Skills:Autohypnosis, Knowledge(Religion, Psionics, History), Concentration, Psicraft, Tumble, Martial Lore, Jump, Climp, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Ride

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will| Maneuvers Known|Maneuvers Readied|Stances Known|Special|Manifesting

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|1|0|0|Psionic Wrath, Ritual of Recognition||

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|0|0|0|Deadly Mind Stance|+1 level of manifesting class|

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|1|1|0||+1 level of manifesting class|

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|0|0|0|Mind as Sharp as the Blade|+1 level of manifesting class|

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|1|0|1||+1 level of manifesting class|

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+5|0|1|0|Mental Champion Stance, Psionic Blade Master||

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+5|1|0|0||+1 level of manifesting class|

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+6|0|0|0|Think as Fast as the Blade|+1 level of manifesting class|

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+6|1|1|0||+1 level of manifesting class|

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+7|0|0|0|Strike the Mind|+1 level of manifesting class|[/table]

Class Features

All the following are class features of the Psionic Blade Adept prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Psionic Blade Adepts gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Powers Known: At every level except 1rst and 6th, a Psionic Blade Adept gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, psicrystal special abilities, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the level of Psionic Blade Adept to the level, except levels 1 and 6, to whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

Maneuvers: At each odd-numbered level, you gain a new maneuver known from the Diamond Mind, Devoted Spirit, or Iron Heart disciplines. You must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Psionic Blade Adept levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known. At 3rd level, 6th level, and 9th level, you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Diamond Mind, Devoted Spirit, or Iron Heart disciplines. You must meet a stance’s prerequisite to learn it.

Ritual of Recognition:When you become a Psionic Blade Adept, you participate in the Ritual of Recognition with the master who accepted you into the society. This rite takes 10 minutes, but requires nothing other than the presence of a Psionic Blade master and a suitable candidate. On completion of the rite, you gain awareness of the inner world around you. You know many things just by looking at them and thinking about them. You gain a +2 bonus on Knowledge checks, and you can attempt a Knowledge check even if you are untrained in the appropriate Knowledge skill. You also gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against death effects and fear effects. Finally you gain 3 bonus power points.

Psionic Wrath (Su): You can spontaneously channel stored psionic energy (power points) into your melee attacks. As a swift action, you can lose any amount of power points to gain a +4 bonus on a single attack or martial strike and 1d10 extra damage, as well as an extra 1d10 points of damage per 2 power points spend beyond 1. Both bonuses can be applied only on an attack made before the beginning of your next turn. You can never spend more power points than your manifester level. For example, if you lose a 5 power points, you gain a +4 bonus on an attack roll you make before your next turn, and you deal an extra 3d10 points of damage if your attack is successful. Using this feature requires a DC 20 Concentration check to maintain your Psionic Focus. The DC for this check increases by 1 for every power point spent. If you use this ability while using Psionic weapon or any other ability that makes you lose your Psionic Focus, you lose your Psionic Focus automatically and the next time you regain it requires a Concentration check with the same DC as above to not lose it again.

Deadly Mind Stance (Su): At 2nd level, you learn how to channel the energy from one of your stances in a new way. While you are in a stance from any discipline you know, you can forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of deadly mind stance. This ability lasts as long as you would maintain the stance, or as described below. You can also stop using deadly mind stance and resume gaining the normal benefit of the stance as a swift action. While you use this ability, your manifester level level when you manifest powers increases by 1, and you gain a +2 insight bonus to AC. In addition, when you first activate this ability, you can choose to expend any amount of power points. If you do, you also gain damage reduction against all but evil-aligned attacks as long as you maintain the stance. The value of your damage reduction is equal to 2 x (the amount of power points expended -1, minimum 1). (maximum damage reduction 10/evil for expending a 11 power points). You may not expend more power points then your manifester level.

Mind as Sharp as the Blade (Su): Beginning at 4th level, when you successfully attack an enemy with a martial strike, a power that you manifest before the end of your next turn is empowered (as by the Empower Power metapsionic feat). Manifesting a power that has been empowered through this ability does not increase the power point cost of the power. You do not need to know the Empower Power feat to use this ability. You can use this ability once per encounter. Using this ability expends your Psionic Focus when you manifest the Empowered Power.

Mental Champion Stance (Su): At 6th level, you learn another application for a stance you know. While you are in a stance from any discipline you know, you can forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of Mental Champion stance. This ability lasts as long as you would maintain the stance, or as described below. You can also stop using Mental Champion stance and resume gaining the normal benefit of the stance as a swift action. While this ability is active, you gain resistance to fire 10, and your caster level when you cast any Psychometabolism Power increases by 3. In addition, you can choose to expend an any amount of power points above one when you activate the ability. If you do, you deal an extra 1d6 damage when using psionic weapon for every two power points spent. You may not spend more power points than your manifester level.

Psionic Blade Master (Su): When you attain 6th level, you earn the right to call yourself a Psionic Blade master. You can now perform the Ritual of Recognition for someone else, provided he or she is a suitable candidate and has a deeper understanding of the world. (The DM decides if this is true for any given NPC.) You gain the ability to sense the direction and distance to the nearest Psionic Blade adept, master, or candidate simply by meditating for 1 minute without interruption.

Think as Fast as The Blade (Su): Starting at 8th level, when you successfully attack an enemy with a martial strike, a power of 5th or lower that you manifest before the end of your next turn is quickened (as by the Quicken Power metapsionic feat). Manifesting a power that has been quickened by this ability does not increase the power point cost of the power. Using this ability makes you lose your Psionic Focus You do not need to know the Quicken Power feat to use this ability. You can use this ability once per encounter.

Strike The Mind (Su): Starting at 10th level, once per day you may, as a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, turn yourself into a visible bolt of mental energy. You deal 20d6 damage to one creature within 60 ft on a failed will save (DC 19+Key manifesting mod). The mental bolt then disapates, destroying your physical body, but 1d6 rounds later, you re-form in the exact spot where you were when you employed this ability. You are dazed for 1 round and lose your psionic focus after you reappear, but you are healed of all damage (including ability drain or damage), blindness, deafness, disease, paralysis, or poison. Any equipment you were wearing or objects you were holding or carrying when you used this ability re-form with you, exactly as they were. This ability is the equivalent of a 9th-level power.

JoshuaZ
2012-12-18, 06:47 PM
This is intended as a psionic version of the Jade Phoenix Mage? Psionic Blade Master has serious copypasta issues that need to be dealt with there (mentions JPM explicitly as currently written and talks about reincarnation). Other than that my tentative assessment is that this a reasonable adaptation.

Durksmurf
2012-12-18, 07:59 PM
This is intended as a psionic version of the Jade Phoenix Mage? Psionic Blade Master has serious copypasta issues that need to be dealt with there (mentions JPM explicitly as currently written and talks about reincarnation). Other than that my tentative assessment is that this a reasonable adaptation.

Mind pointing those out? Also, where does it talk about reincarnation?

Edit: Found and fixed. Thanks

Durksmurf
2012-12-19, 09:28 PM
So... Comments?

Wait for itWait for itWait for itWait for it Wait for itWait for itSeriously! You clicked through 7 spoilers and didn't comment? Go comment now!

Cipher Stars
2012-12-19, 10:07 PM
So... Comments?

Wait for itWait for itWait for itWait for it Wait for itWait for itSeriously! You clicked through 7 spoilers and didn't comment? Go comment now!

Quote ftw.

I think they could stand to use 3/4th BAB rather then 1/2.
That's about all I got on it.

Durksmurf
2012-12-19, 10:28 PM
Quote ftw.

I think they could stand to use 3/4th BAB rather then 1/2.
That's about all I got on it.

*scratches head* they have full BaB now... So I should reduce third BaB? That was one of my early thoughts to please double progression haters. Thanks changes in progress.

Cipher Stars
2012-12-19, 10:55 PM
*scratches head* they have full BaB now... So I should reduce third BaB? That was one of my early thoughts to please double progression haters. Thanks changes in progress.

Terribly sorry. I was tired XD I just got out of the shower and am refreshed.

I can't really find anything off about this. It almost looks like it could come right out of an official book.

Durksmurf
2012-12-19, 11:03 PM
Terribly sorry. I was tired XD I just got out of the shower and am refreshed.

I can't really find anything off about this. It almost looks like it could come right out of an official book.

Ever heard of Jade Phoenix Mage? :smallbiggrin:

Cipher Stars
2012-12-19, 11:20 PM
Ever heard of Jade Phoenix Mage? :smallbiggrin:

Nope, but now I do. Looks interesting. They're quite similar, :P

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-20, 08:14 AM
Powers Known: At every level except 1rst and 6th, a Psionic Blade Adept gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, psicrystal special abilities, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the level of constructor to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

I don't have time to write up a full PEACH atm, but I think this is a typo- it explicitly says you gain psionic powers every level except first and sixth, but the bolded sentence says you gain powers every level.

Durksmurf
2012-12-20, 03:41 PM
I don't have time to write up a full PEACH atm, but I think this is a typo- it explicitly says you gain psionic powers every level except first and sixth, but the bolded sentence says you gain powers every level.

Thanks. Fixed.