PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Construct Gender

CIDE
2012-12-18, 05:57 PM
This topic isn't touched on in either the template or the spell. However, would it come up? As a living creature the IC would obviously need to eat and drink which in turn produces waste. So what sort of "junk" are they going to have? Could you theoretically make a female Ic with a female shaped construct? Or would that require the person to go in depth by getting VERY specific in how it builds the construct?

A RAW answer would be awesome. If none are available though I figure it'd at least give us something to discuss.

Ravens_cry
2012-12-18, 05:59 PM
Like a normal construct, whatever it chooses. As for its sexual organs, why would it have any? Lots of creatures, even on Earth, don't have sexual organs as such, though are most definitely alive.
Though I suppose one could home-brew some appropriate grafts . . .

CIDE
2012-12-18, 06:25 PM
While it's true a lot of real living creatures don't have any conventional sexual organs or a sex at all... We are talking about a humanoid (at least for medium) creature that in the picture provided at least had traits for a Mammalian. I can't think of any Mammal that fit what you're talking about.

As for grafts....huh.

Note: I'm not playing this in a game. Just a thought that occured to me.

Ravens_cry
2012-12-18, 08:00 PM
True, the Incarnate Stone Golem does have nipples, but, conceivably, those could have been part of the sculpture's details. I guess it's really up in the air. Given that the spell and, therefore, the template has existed indefinitely, you would think there would be a race of incarnate constructs by now as even if they are "fully functional and versed in multiple techniques," I don't imagine they could breed with much besides each other.

CIDE
2012-12-18, 08:15 PM
True, the Incarnate Stone Golem does have nipples, but, conceivably, those could have been part of the sculpture's details. I guess it's really up in the air. Given that the spell and, therefore, the template has existed indefinitely, you would think there would be a race of incarnate constructs by now as even if they are "fully functional and versed in multiple techniques," I don't imagine they could breed with much besides each other.

Or dragons.

Also, good job on the Data quote.

Ravens_cry
2012-12-18, 08:24 PM
Or dragons.

Also, good job on the Data quote.
Everything can breed with dragons.
Or a certain Bard. (http://andersson.elfwood.com/Rock-Bard-Axe.3554619.html) (While itself safe for work, some of his work, including very potentially thumbnails on the side, is not.)

Runestar
2012-12-18, 11:29 PM
I suppose it depends on how liberals you want to interpret this clause...:smallwink:

Any unusual limbs it had as a construct (such as arms that end in mallets instead of hands, but not wings or a tail) become normal humanlike limbs propor-tional to its size.

Does "it" count as a limb? :smalltongue:

CIDE
2012-12-19, 09:31 PM
I suppose it depends on how liberals you want to interpret this clause...:smallwink:

Does "it" count as a limb? :smalltongue:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/087/clvrgrl.jpg

Spuddles
2012-12-19, 09:51 PM
Like a normal construct, whatever it chooses. As for its sexual organs, why would it have any? Lots of creatures, even on Earth, don't have sexual organs as such, though are most definitely alive.
Though I suppose one could home-brew some appropriate grafts . . .

Excellently put.

OP doesn't seem to realize that there is a difference between gender & sex. Sex is binary- male and female- and all metazoans that reproduce sexually have a sex if they are not hermaphrodites.

Gender, however, is not binary. Both human and animal societies have a plurality of genders. Gender is the intersection of reproductive behavior and social interaction. Some fish, for instance, have males of two genders. One male is large and territorial but has a small, female like rooommate. The presence of the small feminine roommate is critical in both attracting and maring with a female. In some polynesian cultures, some men are raised as women, but occupy a gender role that doesn't fall into either man or woman in our classic western idea of gender.

An incarnate construct would have whatever gender it chooses to adopt. There's no reason to believe that it should get a sex, though perhaps through the power of magic, you would indeed become "a real boy."