PDA

View Full Version : Ancestral Memory/Hivemind/Collective Unconscious?

davethebrave
2012-12-19, 02:12 PM
I'm looking for a laundry list to sort through of the various monsters, races, class abilities, etc, etc. that are mechanical interpretations of ancestral memory/hivemind/collective unconscious sorts of flavour. While stuff like the Valenar elf PrC Revenant Blade are cool, I'm thinking more along the lines of kalashtar or formians or stuff like that. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, stuff that has a feel similar to that of the Akashic base class that Monte Cook did up in an early Malhavoc Press release. Stuff where the monster/playable race is tapped into others of its kind/an ancestral memory is probably more what I'm looking for than classes, but PrCs and classes are welcome as well.

Little help?

Need_A_Life
2012-12-19, 03:21 PM
Magic of Incarnum has a few.

Winter_Wolf
2012-12-19, 05:34 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean by "mechanical interpretation", but the aboleth according to its chapter in Lords of Madness passes on perfect racial memory to every one of its offspring, so they literally can remember back to their own creation. It's not instantaneous, though, sometimes they have to take a figurative walk down the aisles of memory to access the memories they're after.