PDA

View Full Version : Characters interacting with oozes?

silverwolfer
2012-12-19, 08:16 PM
Are the only ways that a player has a postive interaction with oozes with the prc oozemaster and thrall of jubelix ?

Crake
2012-12-19, 08:23 PM
Considering most oozes are mindless and thus act entirely on instinct which is usually "eat everything" I'd have to say:

Yep.

If you could find a way to make an ooze non mindless, perhaps by some derivation of the awaken spell?

Acanous
2012-12-19, 08:29 PM
Lure one into a 10x10 pit, with food. Feed it regularly. It is now your garbage disposal. That's interaction, right?

Malimar
2012-12-19, 11:33 PM
I think there are a couple of domains (the Slime domain for sure, possibly one or two others) that give the ability to Rebuke and Command Oozes.

Deophaun
2012-12-20, 12:11 AM
There's the oozepuppet spell in Fiendish Codex I for some temporary "positive" interaction. There is also the sentry ooze template in dungeonscape that gives oozes animal intelligence and boosts their other mental stats to 10, opening the door to a player have an ooze as a pet. Additionally, there's an item somewhere that lets you ride an ooze from the inside without being suffocated or digested.

Malimar
2012-12-20, 12:32 AM
Additionally, there's an item somewhere that lets you ride an ooze from the inside without being suffocated or digested.

I believe this is the aptly named Amulet of Ooze Riding from A&EG.

D4rtagnan
2012-12-20, 02:51 AM
ummm what about the arcane spell, Ooze Puppet? It lets you dominate an Ooze pretty much. Does that count as interacting with it in a good way?

silverwolfer
2012-12-20, 03:30 AM
Hahaha...

Ooze Calvary

AntiTrust
2012-12-20, 05:51 AM
Don't most of them only move at a speed of 10ft? That's some slow cavalry

Andreaz
2012-12-20, 06:20 AM
Don't most of them only move at a speed of 10ft? That's some slow cavalryPretty much. Generally I'm content with releasing a couple tinted gelatinous cubes to keep the halls clean and green slimes in the garbage pit. They double as traps with a simple flush.

Darrin
2012-12-20, 06:44 AM
This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10529104&postcount=4) lists all the oozes that are already intelligent.

I still think a Summoning Ooze with 15 levels of Sorcerer would make an awesome BBEG.

Talderas
2012-12-20, 09:47 AM
Don't most of them only move at a speed of 10ft? That's some slow cavalry

Cavalry has always been classified multiple ways usually by a "weight" style such as light or heavy cavalry. Generally this defines to characteristics. The first being how armored the cavalry is and the second defining how hard hitting the cavalry functions. Heavier cavalry moves slower.

A 10ft speed ooze cavalry would be extremely potent. So potent to the point that I would call them Super Cavalry and classified them above Heavy Cavalry. Multiple ridden oozes would end up being exceedingly difficult to stop before they would overrun your position.

AntiTrust
2012-12-20, 11:21 AM
Cavalry has always been classified multiple ways usually by a "weight" style such as light or heavy cavalry. Generally this defines to characteristics. The first being how armored the cavalry is and the second defining how hard hitting the cavalry functions. Heavier cavalry moves slower.

A 10ft speed ooze cavalry would be extremely potent. So potent to the point that I would call them Super Cavalry and classified them above Heavy Cavalry. Multiple ridden oozes would end up being exceedingly difficult to stop before they would overrun your position.

And I'd only have a decade to decide what to do about them

INoKnowNames
2012-12-20, 11:26 AM
You know what's weird? A Vow of Peace character isn't supposed to kill Oozes, despite the majority of them living only to devower people and being completely and utterly mindless. That deserves an Errata...

Slipperychicken
2012-12-20, 11:37 AM
You know what's weird? A Vow of Peace character isn't supposed to kill Oozes, despite the majority of them living only to devower people and being completely and utterly mindless. That deserves an Errata...

How dare you show such blatant disregard for the sanctity of life!? Oozes aren't monsters, they're living beings who exist for their own reasons, just like you and me. They're just misunderstood and demonized by our sentient-supremacist ideology.

silverwolfer
2012-12-20, 11:44 AM
They were given birth by Ao cleaning the toe jam between his godly footsies.

The Viscount
2012-12-20, 12:04 PM
I like that quite a lot. On another note, there is also the PrC of Slimelord, because WotC thought we needed three ooze-themed classes. I suppose that could also provide for positive slime interactions. If a being had the gelatinous creature template, it would also be sort of ooze-like, thought not technically an ooze. That might be enough to make oozes act nicer.

INoKnowNames
2012-12-20, 12:59 PM
How dare you show such blatant disregard for the sanctity of life!? Oozes aren't monsters, they're living beings who exist for their own reasons, just like you and me. They're just misunderstood and demonized by our sentient-supremacist ideology.

Very nice Tsukiko impression. *clap clap clap*

They were given birth by Ao cleaning the toe jam between his godly footsies.

I swear to God, I thought he said "between his godly fetishes".

Slipperychicken
2012-12-20, 03:50 PM
I swear to God, I thought he said "between his godly fetishes".

That could work too. The original meaning of "fetish" is basically an item with magic powers, and with the kind of toys a Greater Deity is liable to have lying around, I could see Oozekind being formed from rubbing them together.

Or just a God looking under his sofa, and seeing the first Ooze eating his 10 million year old Tarrasque leftovers.