PDA

View Full Version : Which to choose: Languor or Moon Bolt?

backpackjack
2012-12-19, 10:18 PM
Assuming I had to choose one or the other, which should I choose: Languor or Moon Bolt?

I realize that some circumstances might warrant one or the other, and I'd be glad to hear about that. But I'm looking for the best general bet and why I should chose it.

Thanks.

Glimbur
2012-12-19, 10:29 PM
Moon Bolt. Strength damage, at least that much strength damage, is either a serious debuff or a removal from fight, depending on your target.

The Viscount
2012-12-19, 11:32 PM
I agree. Moon bolt works against living and undead creatures, and is rather crippling to both. In addition, it is fort half instead of will negates, which means more effect more of the time. There are other ways to slow a target and impose a strength penalty. I cannot readily call to mind a spell that can deal that much strength damage at once.

ShriekingDrake
2012-12-21, 11:47 AM
I would agree that your best bet is Moon Bolt of Languor. Remember, too, that while Languor may appear to give you more bang up front, it metes out a penalty, which is more limiting. Also it has a will save, rather than a fortitude save. Often it's great to use this type of spell on weaker opponents who are more likely to have strong will and weaker fortitude.

Moon Bolt is typically superior.