PDA

View Full Version : CC3 - Worth if for a PF campaign?

Darth Grall
2012-12-20, 02:56 AM
Been drawing maps for a homebrew pathfinder game by hand and I've never been very good at it. Thus I've been looking into map making software to supplement my lack of artistic skill and come across Campaign Cartographer 3 (http://www.profantasy.com/products/cc3.asp).

Question I have for you fine fellows; is it worth it? It seems to be an older program so I'm a little concerned how effective it is... Furthermore, if this program's no good, anyone got any other recommendations?

KhaineGB
2012-12-20, 02:58 AM
It's not too bad, but I had to scrap my map several times before I got something close to what I was imagining.

Fractal Terrains is supposed to be very good, and exports to CC3, but I couldn't get the hang of it.

docnessuno
2012-12-20, 08:44 AM
It's a very good program, but creating the beatiful looking maps you can see in the previews involves a steep learning curve.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-20, 12:46 PM
I used it once in conjunction with a very well made tutorial on YouTube and my map turned out great but it took a full 3 days to make the dang thing. So unless you have a great deal of time to devote to making your map then I suggest you live with what you got :smallwink:

Zubrowka74
2012-12-20, 12:51 PM
It's a very nice piece of software but rather pricey and time consuming. The interface is a bit outdated style-wise. And to make the most of it you'll need a lot of pieces from the expensive suite.

Fractal Mapper is similar, without the suite setup.

Darth Grall
2012-12-20, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the input guys; I'm thinking I'm gonna get it since I DO have a lot of time at the moment and I'm getting it as a last minute gift from family. So as long as it's still relevant I don't mind the dated design.

Now, can I just get the CC3 and Fractal Mapper? Or is there anything else I need?