PDA

View Full Version : Interesting character builds for SKYRIM!

Tylorious
2012-12-20, 07:30 AM
I just started a stealth character who uses illusion, destruction and conjuration.

But, I want to hear everyone's ideas for characters i can build.

DiscipleofBob
2012-12-20, 01:51 PM
My personal favorite is still the Unarmed catgirl build.

Choke-slammed the boss at the end of the thieves' guild quest before he could go invisible.

netzach
2012-12-20, 02:18 PM
My favourite so far is "barbarian":
- 2h weapon+bow (any material),
- light armour (up to scaled - but no elven, glass or dragon armour)
- no magic (can't cast spells, can't enchant/disenchant anything, can't mix potions, use only what you find and/or buy).

I play on default, 'adept' difficulty setting, though. And ignore main quest after killing first dragon (I don't go to High Hrothgar). Steam says 340h+... and I keep finding new things (quests, places etc.) in this game.

SlyGuyMcFly
2012-12-20, 03:49 PM
-Two-Handed, Block, Light Armor, Destruction and Alchemy, with a smattering of Smithing. Be Geralt of Rivia, basically. Use Runes as traps and bombs, make tons of potions and drink lots of Fortify 2-Handed, Fortify Block, Stamina and Health Regen, Magic Resistance... and anything else that you happen to have lying around, really. Get the shield bash perks from Block and carry a steel and a silver sword at all times. :smallamused:

My personal favorite is still the Unarmed catgirl build.

Tell me more, this sounds hilarious.

Studoku
2012-12-20, 08:41 PM
I've seen that build before. It's fun, although it's not great at higher levels because there is no unarmed skill.

You play as a (female) Kahjit. Kahjit get bonuses to unarmed damage from their claws. You then level heavy armour to get the perk that gives you bonus damage based on the armour of your gloves. Equip the heaviest gloves you can find.

A Rainy Knight
2012-12-20, 08:50 PM
Additionally, get the Fortify Unarmed enchantment from the guy in the Riften sewers and put it on a ring and gauntlets. Super fun, by the way!

McDouggal
2012-12-20, 08:51 PM
I halfway want to make a character that is the quintessential D&D rogue. Double daggers, Crossbow, endless supply of lockpicks, stealthy as all get out, loves poisons, no self-magic.

Cespenar
2012-12-21, 02:06 AM
I've played through the civil war questline with a "wandering ronin" kind of character. Just a two handed sword and a robe. No magic, no shouts, no magical items, no potions, and no looting/thieving.

Was pretty fun, actually. It turns out archers become quite the danger when you're not protected in any way whatsoever.

Komodo
2012-12-21, 04:13 AM
I'm on my first playthrough after a year of missing out. My first character is an Argonian girl who specializes in Destruction, Restoration, Enchantment, and Archery, with a smidgen of Stealth. I'm adamantly avoiding use of other schools of magic, although I permit myself thieving. What this means is that I am an avatar of death to mid-low foes (ie, town guards or weaker) from mid-to-long range, but will be crushed by anyone decent at CQC who's also too fast to keep at a distance (most hated enemy currently: cave bear.) I make up the deficit with heavily enchanted equipment (no armor), but being squishy, and not using conjugation, I'm not well-prepared to go out hunting for grand-souled creatures to charge my soul gems (and anything less than grand can bite my tail). Filled grand soul gems are rare to steal, and can cost several thousand gold at shops. However, I actually like this system, as it means I have something to spend all my accumulated treasure on. It also means I have a bit of flexibility with my wardrobe, meaning I can wear what I want and still have the proper enchantments. Archery is leveling more slowly than magic, but it makes for a fun and effective combat alternative when I have surprise, or when I'm out of magic, or when they're too tough to get close. And restoration keeps me healthy between volleys of icicles being shot through my torso. In the event of close range hordes, Argonian Histskin is helpful, if not life saving in itself.

Tylorious
2012-12-21, 01:22 PM
cool ideas!!! im gonna try out the unarmored one

Temotei
2012-12-21, 02:39 PM
My favorite so far is probably a pretty standard sword-and-board deal.

One-Handed, Block, Heavy/Light Armor. Dun matter. Block is all you need. Restoration is nice, too, for making it even more difficult to kill you. Just switch out your weapon for healing and heal when you can while blocking.

Basically, you outlast your opponent regardless of what it is on Adept difficulty. Higher difficulties, try for enchantments that raise magic resistance of some form, prioritizing frost resistance.

Fun times blocking giants and regenerating faster than they can do damage.

ccjmk
2012-12-21, 08:53 PM
I love the unarmored khajiit idea.. i promised myself i'll do it one day.

What about a "tricky sneaky" guy ? Never did it before, but i can figure it out as definitely a thief.. high lockpicking, pickpocketing, sneaking, speech, illusion & alteration.. just Calm your way to the top, and make unavoidable kills with summons or making people kill each other.

I'm currently playing a crafty Conjuration Warrior (light armor w/ shield & Bound Sword), who smiths, enchants, cooks, and mixes his way to the top.. eventually i'm gonna drop the Bound Sword and replace it with some double-enchanted, uberimproved 1h sword, when i get to 100 Smithing & Enchanting

Triaxx
2012-12-23, 09:52 AM
Nord hunter. Axe, bow, pick one city to be based from and you cannot enter any of the others. Set a goal, something like hunting a mammoth with only a bow. It's very difficult to actually kill a deer with a longbow and iron arrows, even with the sneak bonus. I typically can't manage it until I get two or three of the Archery damage enhancers or the bow sneak attack perk.

High Elf + Midas Magic. Fun times. You can only Fus, I can blow entire groups off buildings.

Sword and board, no bow, no magic, only allowed shouts for ranged attacks. Way more fun than it sounds.

GloatingSwine
2012-12-23, 09:55 AM
I'm playing a Shadowscale Assassin atm. Stealth, poisoning, throat slitting, and eating people, only Illusion magic.

Gnome Alone
2012-12-23, 12:26 PM
Conjuring Enchanting Stealth Archer lady orc, only put perks in those four skills. Had good synergy - conjuring a bound bow to steal souls to enchant stuff to help me sneak around and kill things with my bow. A domineering, controlling personality.

The_Jackal
2012-12-23, 09:56 PM
My current build is a pretty turnkey rogue, but I'm planning on a Dunmer Necromage Vampire Archer next:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/230112

Does that count as interesting?

Tylorious
2012-12-26, 02:18 PM
thank you all for your amazing ideas, i really appreciate them all

snoopy13a
2012-12-26, 05:16 PM
I just picked up the game a few days ago from the Steam sale (of course, a day or so after I bought it, Steam had an extra special sale for it :smalltongue: )

I'm unoriginal in my Elder Scrolls games. I always play Bretons. Only I often play sword-and-board Bretons, which, I suppose, is the min in min/maxing :smalltongue:

Oh, did they remove spell creation in Skyrim? So far I've made a heavy-armor sword-and-boarder and a roguish character. I haven't tried magic yet, and spell creation was always a shady way to level up spellcasting (you can even level up destruction in prior games by creating a spell that does minimal damage to yourself).

Dhavaer
2012-12-27, 12:01 AM
Oh, did they remove spell creation in Skyrim?

They did indeed.

Triaxx
2012-12-27, 07:42 AM
Yes, but frankly, I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. It doesn't fit with Skyrim as it did in Cyrodiil. It's colder up here, and there's always something trying to eat you. So there's not the sense of relaxation and lack of pressure from Oblivion, where you can sit in your heavily fortified city and spend time working out new magical powers.

sihnfahl
2012-12-27, 09:05 PM
Khajiit alchemist assassin. Light armor, dual one-handed weapons, illusion, sneaking and alchemy being the focus. Bit of work in blacksmithing and enchantment for weapon enhancement and improved stealth.

Get up close and ... whirlyblades of doom.

Vaz
2012-12-27, 11:10 PM
I am currently a Redguard Assasin using some of the Redguard equipment mods around on the Nexus; focussing on non magical stealth etc; and hunting down the Thalmor and the Empire.

I have another (gained through the Alternate Start) where I am a nord hunter; I crank all the survivalist things up to 11; craft all my own stuff, sell hides, alch my own potions and poisons.

I am actually having a look at making a mod myself; just for fun.

Poison_Fish
2012-12-28, 10:23 PM
Khajiit alchemist assassin. Light armor, dual one-handed weapons, illusion, sneaking and alchemy being the focus. Bit of work in blacksmithing and enchantment for weapon enhancement and improved stealth.

That has been exactly what I have been doing. It's quite fun.

Nero24200
2012-12-31, 08:22 PM
I'm currently going for an Assassin style build. Stealth, Bow, one-Handed Weapons, then add in conjuration just for bound-bows and bound-swords and just enough illusion magic to silence all my spell castings. If played well enough you can clear out a whole dungeon without ever being seen.

ObadiahtheSlim
2013-01-02, 04:23 PM
I loved my Sword-n-board redguard who focused on stealth and blacksmithing. I has had a bit of supplimental alchemy and enchanting.

Divayth Fyr
2013-01-02, 05:07 PM
I've seen that build before. It's fun, although it's not great at higher levels because there is no unarmed skill.

You play as a (female) Kahjit. Kahjit get bonuses to unarmed damage from their claws. You then level heavy armour to get the perk that gives you bonus damage based on the armour of your gloves. Equip the heaviest gloves you can find.

Both of these can really benefit from becoming a vampire. The unarmed one could get a ring in Dawnguard which would grant an additional bonus to damage (20 points) while taking the Dual Flurry perk taken as a vampire with Necromage gives almost twice the boost. Combine that with Elemental Fury (preferably holding Valdr's Lucky Dagger in the left hand - technically it is unenchated so the shout will work, but it gives a decent boost to our critical chance) for even more fun ;)

The_Jackal
2013-01-02, 06:04 PM
The effect of crits in Skyrim is incredibly mediocre. It's a fraction of base weapon damage, unaffected by skill, perks, enchants or potions. Bottom line, don't bother.

Divayth Fyr
2013-01-03, 02:58 PM
Still, if you want to use Elemental Fury, you need an unenchanted weapon in the left hand - so you could use one which gives (true, a rather minor) bonus to all of your attacks.

The_Jackal
2013-01-03, 05:33 PM
Certainly cool, but far less effective than good old Slow Time. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Necromage makes a Vampire Dovahkiin's Slow Time shout last longer?

I've just finished Glory of the Dead on my master play-through with my planned Vampire Necromage Archer build, time to go join meet Lord Harkon! I have to say, this is by far the most fun build I've tried, to date, and I haven't even contracted Vampirism yet.

My revised Dunmer Necromage Archer build:

Archery:
Overdraw 5/5
Eagle Eye 1/1
Power Shot 1/1
Quick Shot 1/1

Heavy Armor:
Juggernaut: 1/5
Fists of Steel: 1/1
Cushioned: 1/1
Conditioning: 1/1

Two Handed:
Barbarian: 5/5
Champion's Stance 1/1
Devastating Blow 1/1
Sweep 1/1

Smithing:
Steel Smithing: 1/1

Alchemy:
Alchemist: 5/5
Physician: 1/1
Benefactor: 1/1

Enchanting:
Enchanter: 5/5
Insightful Enchanter: 1/1
Corpus Enchanter: 1/1
Extra Effect: 1/1

Restoration:
Novice Restoration: 1/1
Regeneration: 1/1
Necromage: 1/1

This build really leverages the follower trainers in the Companions, allowing free training for most of your career, which makes for a nice, aggressive leveling speed. I use a forged Forsworn bow, and switch to a skyforged steel greatsword when my enemies close to melee. And of course, perks enhanced by Necromage (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampirism#Vampire_Necromage) are postponed until I qualify.

Divayth Fyr
2013-01-03, 05:41 PM
Certainly cool, but far less effective than good old Slow Time. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Necromage makes a Vampire Dovahkiin's Slow Time shout last longer?

According to this guide, (http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-volkihar?xg_source=activity) it does.

Tedesche
2013-04-07, 10:40 PM
I'm sure this thread is dead by now, but what the hey....

I too almost always play Bretons, as I'm big on defense, and love magic resistance. It's not as essential in Skyrim as it was in Oblivion (where every humanoid MOB above Level 25 has an enchanted weapon), but still quite handy against enemy mages and dragons.

I love armored mages, so I went with a Breton focusing on Heavy Armor, Destruction, and Alteration. Obviously, Smithing and Enchanting need to be ground up, and Restoration was my source of healing, which makes it count as a minor skill. Had a good time playing her, although not being able to make use of the college robes was somewhat painful. I wore the hoods though, which I think fits perfectly on a suit of mail for a battlemage.

Because I had to invest more in health in the beginning, I found it easier to keep using the Novice-level Destruction spells on enemies, which also limited me to close-range combat, resulting in more hits taken, and hence more Heavy Armor XP. Truth be told, I still had to find some wolves to grind my HA skill a bunch, but grinding is an inevitable part of every TES build I've found so far. Seriously, Bethesda did as good a job as anyone probably could balancing the skills out, but I've never played a character that didn't have to grind something at some point (crafting skills are the WORST).

I played the unarmed Khajiit build for a while too, although I gave it up, cuz it got a bit boring. Pretty powerful in the beginning though, I have to say. I also had some fun for a time playing a Heavy Armor Breton that relied on Conjuration's bound weapons and atronachs. The Mystic variant of the Bound Sword is very OP in the beginning, but eventually pales to Smithing-upgraded blades.

Always seemed to me like a Restoration/One-Handed/Heavy Armor paladin-type character would be the simplest power build in the game, although I've never actually given it a try. Boring play style—just run up to the enemy and hack away, spamming healing spells as needed—but very efficient. Would still probably want to invest in Alteration just to get the magic resistance, but after that, every base is pretty much covered, right?

Sajiri
2013-04-10, 07:16 PM
I just finished playing through the main quest (finally) with a nord assassin. I'd wanted to make an arcane assassin type character but never got around to using magic...as usually happens whenever I play an ES game.

I just started a new character the other day, a Breton, who Im going to play more like a druid with a couple mods specifically for it. Focusing on Conjuration, sneak, archery (bound bows) and summoning. I guess alteration eventually, and some nature themed shouts. I got some animal companion mods to use instead of a human companion, fits better, and they don't get in the way of my arrows.

AdmiralCheez
2013-04-10, 08:18 PM
I've recently been doing a minimalist survival expert/ranger type character. That ended up being a wood elf that only uses fur armor and iron/steel weapons, with the hunting bow for archery. With smithing to improve all those and alchemy, it's turning out better than I expected it would.

Since I'm also running the Frostfall mod, the fur armor helps with not freezing to death in the northern holds. I've come close a few times, because a few quest objectives just had to be on those glacial islands you have to swim to.

Silverbit
2013-04-12, 06:13 AM
I just finished the main quest with a Redguard twohander, who joined the companions fairly early on. It's heaps of fun; I got the decapitation perk, so I'm leaving a trail of headless corpses. The werewolf fear shout is awesome too; I cleared out the first legion quest using just it and my werewolf abilities. My normal strategy is to make a bunch of poisons and potions, drink ALL OF THEM, then power attack whatever's in front of me.

JediSoth
2013-04-12, 07:33 AM
My first character was a Khajit archer/sword & board scout-type character. Light armor, little magic, but could kill the heck out of anything with his bow and pulled out the sword (Dawnbreaker, mostly) & shield when things got up close and personal. I hated being called "sneak-thief" by the guards, though, because I was NOT a pickpocket, though I was really good at picking locks. I also became a werewolf fairly early and decided it was not worth curing because wolfing out and eating an entire bandit fort (or Stormcloak camp) was too much fun, especially once the Werewolf Talents got added. The "Is that...fur coming out of your ears?" comments seemed hilarious to me because I WAS A CAT. Of course there's fur coming out of my ears!

My second (and current) character is a brutal orc, two-hander in heavy armor. I had to pick up a bow to get the dragons to come down to me (dragon fights are a LOT harder when you don't have a way to wear them down while they're in flight), but generally, I just charge in and SLAUGHTER everything with my Dwarven greatsword, or my Fiery Battleaxe of Souls (once my charges get low on other things or I need to enchant more armor). I also keep Dawnbreaker & Mehrune's Razor handy for when I need to be a blender (or there are a lot of undead around). I have an armor mod that adds a bunch of new armors to the game and the heavy fur & plate armor I forged makes me look like some kind of barbarian king. It's rather awesome. She was a vampire for a bit, but it was a pain in the butt and Isran made me get cured before I could work for the Dawnguard. I have to use more magic with her because I don't like carrying torches and I don't see in the dark very well.

My next build will be a archer/thief-mage type. I really dig the way archery works. Haven't decided on a race yet.

Triaxx
2013-04-13, 04:14 PM
I'd go with Breton, for the anti-magic defense. Being able to just absorb most of the magic tossed at you is awesome.

I did have a lot of fun with a Nord Hunter who was avoiding the cities, using the Random alternate start. Very fun. Especially with Portable camp-site installed, so I only ever have to venture into sell my bounty. I did do the first quest to start dragons, only because my natural chasing of deer lead me down near Falkreath and Helgen.

Venetian Mask
2013-04-15, 07:55 PM
I also became a werewolf fairly early and decided it was not worth curing because wolfing out and eating an entire bandit fort (or Stormcloak camp) was too much fun, especially once the Werewolf Talents got added.

There is really no point in curing it anyway, I mean the only disadvantage to being a wolf is that you can't get well rested. That's not that much of an advantage to begin with frankly.

Triaxx
2013-04-15, 08:49 PM
That's the only disadvantage. And it in no way inconveniences the ability to eat the faces of your opponents.

Grim Portent
2013-04-16, 05:07 AM
Who needs rested when you can eat the entirety of Markarth and run to Falkreath without turning back into your normal form for another ten minutes? Especially when you bear in mind werewolves can't get bounties while transformed.

DiscipleofBob
2013-04-16, 11:06 AM
Who needs rested when you can eat the entirety of Markarth and run to Falkreath without turning back into your normal form for another ten minutes? Especially when you bear in mind werewolves can't get bounties while transformed.

I thought you got a bounty, but your bounty as a werewolf was different from your bounty as normal unless you were caught transforming? :smallconfused: Or am I giving the game too much credit?

ObadiahtheSlim
2013-04-17, 09:30 AM
Werewolf form is Kill On Sight and you get no bounty for anything you do as long as your transformation was discrete. You are probably thinking of the Gray Fox in Oblivion.

Triaxx
2013-04-17, 02:28 PM
I know you get tagged with a bounty for transforming, so that might be it as well.

JediSoth
2013-04-18, 08:14 AM
I know you get tagged with a bounty for transforming, so that might be it as well.

But if you eat all witnesses, then the bounty goes away. It's Win-Win!

GideonBurkheart
2013-06-28, 07:01 PM
Im currently playing a Khajit thief who destroyed the dark brotherhood to become the last assassin lol and then i turned him into a vampire :D Course his name is still Prisoner cuz i messed up Lmao

Jarl Balgruuf
2013-07-17, 10:28 PM
Lots of different roles and ideas. From a smooth talking bard to a high and mighty jarl character. Now I'm playing as a gladiator and my other is a shaman

Vuladiko95
2013-08-21, 06:28 PM
As there are lots of different character build possibilities, I've made quite a few new characters, but my most recent one is my attempt at creating Santa.

He's a nord who specialises in pickpocketing because his thing is reverse-pickpocketing people in their sleep. Also, he doesn't wear armour. Since he's SKYRIM's version of Santa, he can wield weapons, but he gets only robes or clothing.

He also can do magic, but only certain things are available to him. His main magical focus is restoration because he loves making people feel better. Also because of that, he's big on the calm spell. Destruction-wise, he's only allowed to use ice spells.

Also thinking about making an Easter Khajiit.

Newwby
2013-09-06, 11:23 PM
Not the most time efficient build but my absolute favourite character I ever played was a pure-mage necromancer w/ritual stone who rested every couple of minutes (whenever the ritual stone effect ran out) for 24 hours to call forth more defeated foes.

At peak, before my xbox got wonky and refused to play it (one day I'll try this on PC, hoping a mod exists with the ritual stone effect or similar (pm me if so!) so that I don't have to wait two realtime minutes for every five realtime minutes I play), I was rocking 4+ trolls, 20+ bandits/vampires, 10+ wolves/bears, 2 giant like things and 5+ mage bandits/spellcasters.

I was less than level ten yet could take on everything in the game, including high powered dragons. Simply fight - win - wait 24 hours - resurrection - take on the next foe.

Demolator
2013-09-07, 12:18 PM
I love my Redguard ninja. All I do is use Mehrunes' Razor and that skill you get at 100 sneak and all of a sudden I feel like the killer in a slasher flick. I mostly use Ebony Mail and some Ancient Shrouded gear and I'm breezin' through dungeons. Dragons can still be a challenge, though. Pickpocketing, lockpicking, one-handed, and sneak are probably the most useful skill trees I utilize. Archery helps out every so often if I know I'll die if I go close quarters with something.

Edit: Oh also werewolf. Werewolves ftw. Daedric Artifacts are the bees knees!

Landis963
2013-09-07, 10:24 PM
I'm currently doing a sneaky-sneak evil thief playthrough (bog-standard for the most part) but I'd like to do a "tower-shield"-esque build for playthrough number 2. How might I go about doing this? My first thought is Fortify Block enchants out the wazoo, crouching behind a some heavy shield, with Block, One-Handed, and Destruction my probable three top priority skills. (This would also be the "good" character who would go nuts on the Namira cultists, kill Astrid, mouth off to the evil daedra, etc., so please take that into account)

tigerusthegreat
2013-09-08, 08:33 PM
My favorite "build" is the flaming rogue. Sneak, Archery, Alchemy, Enchantment and Destruction. Once the x3 bonus from sneak attacking your target is gone give them a firebolt to the eye.

Dreamer423
2014-01-07, 04:51 PM
First off I love how your not required to have a certain Race for these builds
I like to play a a stealth warrior, this build works great for Khajit but it's not required it's a mix of light boots and gauntlets and heavy chest armor. You can use full heavy or or light later in came preferably to me was lv 15- 20.
You use sneak,lock pick, archery for those long range foes, and one handed.

Another thing to add if you want is blocking with a shield and speech. But other than that you got yourself a nice cool Stealth Warrior.

druid91
2014-01-07, 06:15 PM
So far, I think my favorite character would have to be my Alchemist/Rune-mage assassin.

Level my alchemy skill, use that to craft potions that boost my destruction damage. Down the potion, plant a fire rune where I know my target will be, then wait nearby, sneaking.

This is glorious when done to Vittoria Vicci. She steps out onto her balcony and then... BOOM. And no one knows it was you.

Sajiri
2014-01-07, 07:15 PM
My favourite build so far has got to be the arcane archer still.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-arcane-archer

I like to use TK combat mod too for that extra ARCANE feeling, being able to do some short teleports and shoot exploding runes behind you when somethings on your tail, only to have it blow up.

Dreamer423
2014-01-08, 11:33 AM
I go by what I call a "Game society Pimps" move I have only one dragon born who defeated Alduin then I do the first 4quest so dragons star tapering for my other charatures. I is actually a smart move I highly suggest you try it out.
I play as a Imperial who uses heavy armor, archery, one handed but only in emergincies, and sneak and enchanting/alcamy.

tthunderstorm
2014-06-28, 09:15 AM
[...content trolled away...]

My playthrough character is "Blue-Eyes", a nord smith, of course with a big hammer. He can throw lightning and shout people literally to death. He will become a master smith and forge famous artefacts.

I recommend the Requiem mod, combat is more challenging and the character has to specialize.

[...content trolled away...]

Cikomyr
2014-06-28, 09:36 AM
I really loved my Orc Archmage. Twas so weird..

Sure. She solved most of her problem with abusive destructive spells, but she was still an intellectual person, damnit! :smallbiggrin:

ArlEammon
2014-06-28, 04:21 PM
I have the "Elders" mod. . . I play as an old man named Owen, whom I am basing off the Norse god Odin.
He's level 76 right now, and I like to think that's his age at the start of Skyrim...

He has 100 Destruction, 100 Restoration, 100 Smithing, 100 Enchanting, 100 One handed, 90 Two handed, 66 Archery, 35 Sneak (Never needed it), um. . . 85 Alteration, I think (Including the Druid's school of magic), Around 45 Pickpocketing, 84 Lock picking, 100 Speech, ummm. . . around 70 Alchemy, I think, and 66 Block. . . a disappointingly low Conjuration skill of about 49, or 50, I think.

Furthermore, he has 100 Light armor, and lastly, his only real weakness, of a 29 skill level with Heavy Armors. (Yikes. . . ) He is a Vampire Lord. . . with most of the perks associated with it. He's so powerful and high level that he can fight comfortably well even in broad daylight despite his stats being so low during day light hours. Of course, indoors or in the night when it's dark, he is incredibly powerful.

He has the Sword of Omens, the MOST powerful weapon in the game, in my opinion. Of course, it's a modded Sword. It does around high 100's of damage, possibly around 200 points of damage. I'm building the two handed skill, so I don't know how powerful it really is right now. Just that it does a lot more damage than Ryu Hayabusa's Dragon Sword. . . yes, I've modded that in two.

He also has the Blade of Olympus, Kratos'es trade mark sword. Which is ironically wimpy compared to the Sword of Omens, which is a one handed sword, but the Blade of Olympus has very long reach and has a sword swing speed of a dagger, meaning that he can fight off enemies and overwhelm them with his strength and skill even when he is unable to recover stamina. He has a 50 percent weakness to fire, but an enormous resistance to frost attacks. This weakness to fire is offset by his Ring of the Fire Walker, which blocks 80 percent of fire damage. If he has the Shield of Hyrule equipped (Yes, he has that, AND the Master Sword too), it blocks 70 percent of damage when he blocks with it. . . meaning that in the right circumstances, his weakness to fire is moot.

He's killed Alduin, Harkon and Miraak, and prevented the mad warlord Yngvild from becoming a deity in single combat with one well placed spell. It ISN'T a good idea to face him alone, as that's suicide. Out of his enemies, only Harkon and Miraak, and occasionally, Revered Dragons or Legendary Dragons, and Dragon Priests give him much of a challenge. Of course, even Owen got ONE SHOTTED by the modded in Sauron in Blackreach, getting his so hard that he went flying HUNDREDS of feet onto the rocks below the city ruins, and simply died in one blow. Technically, even with Owen's totally HAX sword and custom spells, he isn't over powered. His magic is as powerful as it SHOULD be. Not some wimpy cantrip that most spell casters have available to them at high levels.

He is married to Isolde, and has sent her some friends to keep her company in the Dovahkiin Sanctuary. Technically, I find the Dovahkiin Birthright superior, I may send her there instead. Oh, and did I mention how athletic Owen is, he can do double back flips in the air, and can perform a round house kick. . .

There are bugs in Skyrim however, that make Owen take FOREVER to win a brawl. His magic was so powerful during the escape from Cidna Mines, that even without his equipment, the escape was easy.

Jayngfet
2014-06-28, 05:53 PM
I'm a fan of the crossbow and sword/dagger approach. One heavy sneak attack in charge, before switching to rapid power attacks to either finish off the bugger or start on his friend. Grenade mods for the off hand and sword(swapping them out with daggers, throwing axes, or maybe a light shield) keep versatility while ensuring efficiency.

I like to use Valthiem towers to test out strategies, since it's got enough different scenarios to see if everything adds up. My current favorite tactic is to concussive bomb the guard on the watchtower into a deadly fall, snipe out the ground entrance guard. A throwing axe or two during charge will stagger the bridge guard, with some sword jabs finishing him off. The bridge gives good cover to peg the archer on the cliff trying to peg you with the crossbow, explosive rounds making up for accuracy as a kind of grenade launcher. The bandit leader makes for some pretty decent sword and board combat to cap things off.

Combining all those strategies in new ways has probably saved a crap ton of problems on my part.