PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning salient divine abilities

Rogue Shadows
2012-12-20, 12:27 PM
Oh no, I've been reading Deities & Demigods...

Anyway, the question is a pretty simple one. Some salient divine abilities, such as Divine Inspiration, cause an effect but do not specify how long that effect lasts. For example, Divine Inspiration's Despair and Dread specify a duration of 1 day and 1d4 rounds, respectively, but Courage, Frenzy, Hope, Rage, and Love and Desire have no duration specified.

I just checked the errata, and no mention is made.

Now, I'm pretty sure that the general rule is "if not specified, it lasts forever and ever," but I just wanted to double-check.

Flickerdart
2012-12-20, 12:49 PM
It seems that those effects last forever - but since the total amount of people affected is limited to one per divine rank, the deity will eventually have to turn the effect off to keep using it on new people.

TuggyNE
2012-12-20, 09:21 PM
It seems that those effects last forever - but since the total amount of people affected is limited to one per divine rank, the deity will eventually have to turn the effect off to keep using it on new people.

Yes, but how do you turn such an effect off? Is it dismissible, or do they have to go for Alter Reality?

:smallyuk:

herrhauptmann
2012-12-20, 09:51 PM
Yes, but how do you turn such an effect off? Is it dismissible, or do they have to go for Alter Reality?

:smallyuk:

Probably when using it on a new person, the one who has been longest affected loses the effect.