PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/PF] Items of Star and Shadow

Mcdt2
2012-12-20, 05:14 PM
In a campaign I am currently DM-ing, my players have become very powerful forces in this world and as such deserve powerful, thematic gear. I have figured out nice things to give the others, but I'm more or less lost on ideas for my party's rogue (-ish thing, gestalt, lot of multiclassing) She's currently level 10, looking into entering the Shadow Sun Ninja PrC, and I do know for certain this camapign will reach Epic levels.

Basically, I am looking for cool items to give a character between levels 10-30 over the course of her career that are themed around light (preferably stars) and darkness. You see, this character is a reincarnated star spirit, fighting against the personification of Darkness itself. Being of a rather chaotic (and good) bent, she tends to use any advantage she can get, hence the use of shadow powers against Darkness incarnate. I know there are some great items out there themed around stars or darkness, but I am sure I don't know of all of them, nor do I know of any that combine them like the shadow sun prc does. WBL is more or less being ignored, and I'm fine with handing out artifacts as well. If you have any homebrew ideas, I'd be open to those as well. Thematic weapon pairs also work, as she has four arms and Multiweapon fighting for lots of SA dice.

Feralventas
2012-12-20, 06:11 PM
Starmantle Cloak, Book of Exalted Deeds, Market Price of 132,000gp.
Wearing this cloak makes the wearer immune to non-magical or mundane weapons, and grants a DC15 reflex save for half damage against magical or otherwise non-mundane weapons. If your player's multi-class set has granted them Evasion, this could be interpreted as something that qualifies for its use, meaning that each time they're struck with a weapon that Doesn't instantly dissolve into light, they can make a DC15 reflex save and still take no damage.

Nightblade of Arvandor, Book of Exalted Deeds, Market Price of 44,315gp.
+2 Longsword. As an action that provokes attacks of opportunity, the wielder can launch a shining bolt of light as a ranged touch attack as many times as the wielder can make ranged attacks. Each bolt deals 1d8 damage, BUT, it deals no damage to good-aligned creatures, it deals non-lethal damage to neutral creatures, and deals lethal damage to evil creatures. This damage is Force, and so ignores incorporeality and damage reduction.

If the player has any arcane spellcasting, the +1 Twilight Enchantment reduces ASF by 10%. (BOED as well)

Wands or Wonderous Items that grant Light of Lunia, Light of Mercuria, or Light of Venya spells out of the Spell Compendium. For that matter, consider looking up the custom legacy item rules in Weapons of Legacy.

Speaking of Legacy Weapons, the Umbral Awn in the Tome of Battle might suit your player's wants, especially if combined with Eventide's Edge; these are the weapons representative of the Shadow Hand and Setting Sun maneuver disciplines which the Shadow Sun Ninja is based around.

BowStreetRunner
2012-12-20, 09:28 PM
Tome of Magic includes Shadow Silk armor, Shadow Striking weapons, and the Greater Shroud of Night, all of which might appeal to a Shadow Sun Ninja.