PDA

View Full Version : Dvergar (Dwarven Paragon PrC). PEACH

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-20, 08:15 PM
Sometimes, a dwarf becomes more then just a paragon. Sometimes, they connect to the heart and soul of their ancient ancestors, and join with stone and steel themselves.

Required;
Skills; Knowledge [History] 9 ranks, any three Craft Skills for metal or stone 12 ranks.
Abillities; Con 18+
Special; 3 levels of Dwarf Paragon

Hit Die
d10.

Class Skills
The Dvergar class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (History) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Skill Points at Each Level
2 + Int modifier.

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Ancient Expertise, Feet on the Ground
2|+2|+3|+0|+0|Earthen Skin, Dwarven Toughness
3|+3|+3|+1|+1|Dwarven Curse, Ageless[/table]

Ancient Expertise (EX); The Bonus from Crafting Expertise is now equal to the Dvergar's HD.

Feet on the Ground (EX); The Dwarven racial Stability bonus increases to +8, and is effective against all forms of forced movement.

Earthen Skin (SU); As their conncection with the earth grows, they find armors of metal and stone are far easier to wear. While Worn, they are considered weightless, have no maxium dexterity bonus, and their armor penalty is reduced by 6.

Dwarven Toughness (EX); Dwarves are one of the toughest things out there. They gain 3 HP per HD, and add their Con mod to all saving throws. At any time that they would make a Ref saving throw, they may make a Fort save instead.

Dwarven Curse (SP); When the dwarves have been wronged, they have been known to curse those responisible. When they are severly wronged, such as being forced into bondage, having their kin killed, their things stolen, they may place a curse, as Bestow Curse on those responisble. Caster level equal to HD, and the saving throw is 15+1/2HD highest mental abillity Mod.

Agelessness (EX); The Dvergar are as Ageless as the Earth, as the stone underfoot. At once ancient beyond rekoning, but young and new born. At third level, the Dvergar ceases to physicaly age. As time goes on, they grow wiser, and retain their might. They may only gain the benifit of a age catagory mental advance every 450 years. The also gain the [Earth] subtype.

Here ya go, a dwarf that gets tougher, and then becomes a ageless bastion of dwarfdom.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-20, 08:59 PM
You forgot the massive Intelligence penalty and extreme dependence on booze to function. :smalltongue:

Cipher Stars
2012-12-20, 09:09 PM
Earthen Skin (SU); As their conncection with the earth grows, they find armors of metal and stone are far easier to wear. While Worn, they are considered weightless, have no maxium dexterity bonus, their armor penalty is reduced by 6 and their arcane spell failure chance is reduced by 5% per HD.

The spell failure is too much. Quite in fact, I'd suggest they take more spell failure as such is stereotypical of dwarves, being magic resistant or intolerant as they are more "grounded" if that makes sense.

At least, I feel it should be removed. Simply no change. :smalltongue:

Dwarven Toughness (EX); Dwarves are one of the toughest things out there. They gain 3 HP per HD, and add their Con mod to all saving throws.

The bonus to saving throws probably shouldn't apply to Reflex.

Dwarven Curse (SP); When the dwarves have been wronged, they have been known to curse those responisible. When they are severly wronged, such as being forced into bondage, having their kin killed, their things stolen, they may place a curse, as Bestow Curse on those responisble. Caster level equal to HD, and the saving throw is 16+ highest mental abillity score.

Getting their things stolen doesn't seem "severely wronged", otherwise the highest mental ability modifier, I would expect, is what you meant.
If not, it should be a standard DC of 10+1/2HD+[mod]. However, for this particular effect maybe 15+1/2HD+[mod] would be better.

:smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-20, 09:50 PM
You forgot the massive Intelligence penalty and extreme dependence on booze to function. :smalltongue:
They're dwarves. They aren't 80% water, they're 80% Booze in the first place.

The spell failure is too much. Quite in fact, I'd suggest they take more spell failure as such is stereotypical of dwarves, being magic resistant or intolerant as they are more "grounded" if that makes sense.

At least, I feel it should be removed. Simply no change. :smalltongue:

The bonus to saving throws probably shouldn't apply to Reflex.

Getting their things stolen doesn't seem "severely wronged", otherwise the highest mental ability modifier, I would expect, is what you meant.
If not, it should be a standard DC of 10+1/2HD+[mod]. However, for this particular effect maybe 15+1/2HD+[mod] would be better.

:smallsmile:

Will remove the spell failure part, as for the Ref save throws? They get to make a Fort save instead. And Dwarves hate theives. Steal from them, and they don't curse YOU, they curse what you stole till they get it back. Should add in "Exact effect up to debate between you and the DM". But, it's the vaulbe or personal items, those that get the dwarven blood fired up.

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-20, 11:55 PM
Why do I feel like I've seen this befor...

Right, you posted something similar last month: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261176

But that was for Trolls. Why the sudden racial shift?

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-21, 11:44 AM
While the word "Dvergar" is related etymologically to "dwarves", the early Norse concept of Dvergar is unlike the concept of "dwarves" in other cultures. For instance, Norse dwarves may originally have been envisaged as being of human size.[2] They are not described as small before the 13th century, when the later legendary sagas portrayed them as such, often as a humorous element.[3]

In later Scandinavian folklore, other kinds of nature spirits (Vættir), like the Troll and the Nisse, take over many of the functions of the Dvergar.

The Troll one is one that came later (even if I did it first). But in the folklore, Trolls took over the dwarves traddtional roles and duties, but I wanted to give them a seperate focus. The Dwarven Dvergar is a craftsdwarf, who is bonded to the earth. They are warriors, though they can curse those who wrong them. But their aspects are the Earth, Craft and Metalwork.

The Trollish Dvergar on the other hand is ment to capture their darker side, the aspects of deathliness, Greed and Wisdom. They focus on the darker side of things, and bring more magic to bear (mostly divination ya, but it's way more hen the dwarves normaly got).

Sypher667
2012-12-21, 12:40 PM
Have you considered making more of these "Super Paragons" for other classes?

Grimsage Matt
2012-12-21, 12:46 PM
Currently looking up folklore for a Elf and Drow Advanced Paragon, along with a "Nazgul" like LA+0 Swordwraith Advanced Paragon.

But, I'm open to ideas.

RaefgarRockfist
2012-12-27, 07:20 PM
I'm slowly getting through the forums since joining, and came across this.

Love it! Probably going to try and add it to my BBEG that my PC's are working for in my evil campaign I'm running. Looking forward to the other paragons you may have in the works. :smallbiggrin: