PDA

View Full Version : How's My Game Going Questionnaire?

Dyrynify
2012-12-20, 08:33 PM
So, I am running a game for some friends, and wanted to know if anyone has or knows of a simple questionnaire to help direct the players in letting the GM know how everything is going, and if anything needs improvement.

valadil
2012-12-20, 09:20 PM
Here's mine (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qLAvhgbA7uyK2iTF7jYvYXIIWP-zPAiu5Nt6vEW4dYg/edit). It's from my last game and it's not generic at all.

Basically my players had opinions when I asked them about a topic, but they were mostly useless when they had to drive the feedback. What I did was make a list of ~20 plots, NPCs, and game elements. Inspired by Reddit, I asked them to vote up items by circling them and down vote them by crossing them out. The results helped me shape the game after that point. There were some open ended questions as well.

I really liked this form, but there was one big problem with it. I tallied circles as +1 and cross outs as -1. An item that two players liked and two didn't got the same result as something that the group was unanimously ambivalent about. I don't think these results should be treated the same in spite of their equivalent scores, but I never did figure out how to count these results. I think I ended up ignoring the things nobody was interested in. Items that had mixed reviews were directed at the players who liked them, but that wasn't always an option. (An NPC can choose which party members he addresses. Harder fights or more puzzles will never be player specific and affect the party equally.)