PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Looking for a Cleric Archetype for Fallen/Dead Deities

kevin_video
2012-12-21, 02:41 AM
I've seen it, but it was literally a year ago and now I can't find it for the life of me. I know about the trait, and I'm also aware of the feat from 3.5 D&D, but the archetype itself would be best. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, there's an 80% chance it's a 3pp archetype, and I'm totally okay with that.

SlaadLord
2012-12-21, 03:59 AM
If this thing exists, it's not on the Pathfinder SRD.

Arcanist
2012-12-21, 04:22 AM
If this thing exists, it's not on the Pathfinder SRD.

It does exist. Unfortunately it isn't in Pathfinder, but is in 3.5 meaning the OP is S.O.L.

I'll be off worshiping Dead Gods, ya know, because I'm awesome :smallcool:

Seriously, check out Lost Empires of Faerun. It has a feat that allows you to worship dead god's and have access to their domains, if you know them... Personally, I would just worship an Ideal and call it that God that I wanna worship and call it a day :smalltongue:

kevin_video
2012-12-21, 08:40 AM
It does exist. Unfortunately it isn't in Pathfinder, but is in 3.5 meaning the OP is S.O.L.

I'll be off worshiping Dead Gods, ya know, because I'm awesome :smallcool:

Seriously, check out Lost Empires of Faerun. It has a feat that allows you to worship dead god's and have access to their domains, if you know them... Personally, I would just worship an Ideal and call it that God that I wanna worship and call it a day :smalltongue:
I'm very sure it is Pathfinder, just 3pp. And as said in m OP, I know about the feat that you're mentioning.

I'd rather have the real deal than just the ideal because the campaign is going to be about resurrecting the said god.

Slipperychicken
2012-12-21, 09:03 AM
Dude, you don't need a feat/archetype. You get your powers from whatever the hell you want. You can worship anything, even stupid things like money, sock puppets, the Force, the concept of Evilness, or a giant imaginary doughnut in the sky.

kevin_video
2012-12-21, 09:04 AM
Dude, you don't need a feat/archetype. You get your powers from whatever the hell you want. You can worship anything, even stupid things like money, sock puppets, the Force, the concept of Evilness, or a giant imaginary doughnut in the sky.
Oh I know I can. However, rather than use fluff I'd like to use the real deal. Especially if at some point I'm able to publish it.

sreservoir
2012-12-21, 02:17 PM
Oh I know I can. However, rather than use fluff I'd like to use the real deal. Especially if at some point I'm able to publish it.

it's ... mostly fluff. the mechanics are all right there and don't even have much fluff attached. I mean, if it were super-fluffy already, I could understand (well, no, I can't understand, but I could recognise) the fluff-as-written-is-immutable school of thought, but a god which doesn't exist anymore is essentially an ideal anyway. (really, check the dictionary.)

navar100
2012-12-21, 07:06 PM
Try playing an Oracle and roleplay the rest. Heavens or Dark Tapestry Mystery could fit the theme. Lore could work if you want to take a scholarly approach to the idea. Ancestors if you want to stretch it. Haunted would make an appropriate Curse. Either it's the last remnant of a dead deity and this is the only influence it has trying to communicate but failing or an entity from whatever caused the death trying to stop you. Tongues also makes for a fitting Curse.

kevin_video
2012-12-21, 08:38 PM
Try playing an Oracle and roleplay the rest. Heavens or Dark Tapestry Mystery could fit the theme. Lore could work if you want to take a scholarly approach to the idea. Ancestors if you want to stretch it. Haunted would make an appropriate Curse. Either it's the last remnant of a dead deity and this is the only influence it has trying to communicate but failing or an entity from whatever caused the death trying to stop you. Tongues also makes for a fitting Curse.

I've already got an oracle. They're of the "Old Gods", which is another 3pp mystery and stuff.

I think what everyone's mainly hung up on is the "dead" part, and taking that as part of the "fallen" too. Would it help if I said "imprisoned" instead? The deity's not dead by any means, he/she just can't give you any of their powers because they're completely cut off from you.