PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Rules, I have Wind-Ups! (Yugioh ITPG)

Giegue
2012-12-21, 10:42 AM
There has been a long running discussion on magic the gathering on here and it saddens me to see that nothing for yugioh has popped up yet. As a result I decided to make this thread and *hopefully* get a solid yugioh discussion going here. I don't mean the anime either, since that would probably be for media discussion, though your certainly free to bring anime stuff up if it relates to something else. What this thread is for is discussing the yugioh TCG and OCG. Deckbuilding, the meta, ban list cometary ect... If it relates to the yugioh TCG or OCG, this is the thread for it. Anyway, to kick things off I may as well post my current main deck....Orichalcos Lightsworns!(with Lightrays kicking around the list as well...)...

Monsters:
3x Judgment Dragon
1x Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1x Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
2x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
2x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3x Lightray Daedalus
3x Lightray Diabolos
1x Honest
2x Tragoedia
1x Gorz, Emisarry of Darkness
2x Card Trooper

Spells:
3x The Seal of Orichalcos
1x Charge of the Light Birgade
3x Solar Recharge
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn

Traps:
2x Beckoning Light

Extra Deck:
1x Heratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Gaia Dragon, The Thunder Charger
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Maestroke the Symphony Dijin
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

It basically runs just like any other lightray + Lightsworn deck. It can otko very easily and JD + 2 Lightrays is usually game in one turn. However, it is not dependent on it's OTKO ability either. The seal of Orichalcos seems like an odd inclusion, but it has it's uses. It firstly allows you to play the beat down game while waiting for JD or your other boss monsters. Secondly, it lets your stronger Lightsworns like Wulf, Jain and Garoth protect your weaker ones like Lumina who have powerful effects. Thirdly, it combos off with Lightray Daedalus in a very, very nasty way. Lightray Daedalus is usually just a vanilla beater unless your opponent has a field spell. However, with the seal out his effect goes from being situational to spammable, being able to target the seal(which saves itself) and then blow up 2 of your opponent's cards....and you can do this during each of your turns. Also, the reason I run 3 seal is because the deck has a heavy mill element and this deck really wants to see it hit the field. Thus, by running 3 you don't care if you mill some of them. Also, excess seals can be pitched with Lumina and/or Beckoning Light to get back monsters.

Anyway, the deck is nowhere near perfect, and I realize that. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, if there are any yugioh players out there, this is the place to discuss the TCG or OCG so feel free to post!

RagingKrikkit
2012-12-21, 10:47 AM
Well, the reason that there's nothing here is that there's a more-or-less dead YuGiOh group over here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227632)