PDA

View Full Version : Tsarat Mull

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-21, 11:08 AM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264692)

Book the First: The Eastern Wastes

Chapter I
Into the Waste

Jeimas the Astronomer, who lives in Langstown, has predicted an eclipse of the sun. The moon will pass before the sun, he says, at around 4 in the evening next Greensday.

Of course, no eclipse could go uncelebrated by the people of Sandsedge. After all, there are so few interesting occurences in the country, an eclipse is the most exciting thing that's happened since, well, the last eclipse, really.

In any case, the festivities are to be held in Yumara starting at noon today. A large percentage of Sandsedge is migrating to Yumara this morning, including five or six heroes...

Lexin
2012-12-21, 11:35 AM
Faelyn Saelethil woke up early, checked if his father needed any help, but it was a day of festivities and there wasn't much to be done... and the little which was father could do himself. On the table Faelyn found breakfast ready and two coin poaches, one for him and one for brother... he thought for a while about the concept of unbalanced sharing of money, but no, not this time. The eclipse doesn't happen everyday, so he would not spoil Lan's (brother's) time.
'Although the sleepy head should consider this a favor...' Faelyn thought as he finished his breakfast.
"Nothing to do here... could as well go out." he muttered to himself and went outside, to see how the preparation were going and what to expect of today...

Xynphos
2012-12-21, 12:28 PM
It was time for the eclipse again. Everyone loves to celebrate, but for Gamomiar Bemin, it was more a time of reflection. Reflection on who he really was, and what he used to be.

"Snap out of it," he thought. "I have no time for these musings." If he could not find peace of mind on this night, who was he to stop others?

It was then Gacomiar caught the scent of food ready in the back room, as was routine. Usually, Vallen, one of his only true friends in the world, was gone by now. But to day was different. "So, are you going to the festival today?, Vallen asked. "I don't have anything better to do."

And so the course for the day was set.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-21, 03:41 PM
Sveargith is found coming out of an inn. She is wearing her armor, which is shining in the sun, and her fullblade. She is keeping her mouth shut. Some say she is mute, which can't be true because she speaks when praying or preforming divine magic. Others say she is anti-social. That is not the case because today because she plans to take part in the festivals.

distant quasar
2012-12-21, 06:15 PM
Allea has heard of the fesitivites which will be taking place. While she is usually opposed to frivolous social activity, the tedium and loneliness of her existence leads her to desire the sort of release the celebration might provide, even if only temporarily. After securing her breakfast, she heads off towards the city.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-21, 06:58 PM
Faelyn and Sveargith:
The streets of Yumara have been draped overnight in the red and black flags traditionally hung for eclipses. Vendors selling food, clothing, trinkets and almost everything else are in the process of setting up stalls for the hordes of potential customers who will arrive this afternoon. From the doorway you can see about five stands already assembled, selling pancakes, fresh fruit and souvenirs.

Gamomiar:
As you step out the door, encountering a scene similar to that witnessed by Faelyn, old Father Jurgas joins you. He is the sole priest of Gyrostix in the town, and the keeper of the ancient church that sits on a hill near the town center. He is also extremely dull, and begins speaking at you with an anecdote about What He Saw Two Youngsters Doing On the Way Here and moves on to his speeches on How Greedy these Merchants Are (talking loudly enough that one vendor makes an obscene hand gesture in your direction) and how When He Was Young the Eclipse Wasn't Such a Big Deal.

Allea:
Joining the stream of people making their way to Yumara, you arrive at the town faster than you expected. The red and black flags of the eclipse rise above the outer walls, and it costs you one copper to get through the gate onto the rapidly filling streets. You have arrived a little before noon.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-21, 08:01 PM
Sveargith heads to a fruit stand and attempts to buy an apple without using verbal communication.

((ooc: I assume you will give me the price))

Lexin
2012-12-22, 05:20 AM
Faelyn walks to the closest stand,
"Busy day today? Do you know what attractions are planned for later?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-22, 09:47 AM
Sveargith:
The vendor looks at you strangely but hands you an apple. "Er, that'll be one peg?" [Peg being the name of a Sandsedge copper piece.]

Faelyn:
"Oh, yes, the parade starts at noon, and after that all our prices go down for an hour. Then there's the eclipse, and a lot of drinking and then fireworks after sundown. Would you care to buy anything? The cloth is handwoven and the designs are the latest style."

Lexin
2012-12-22, 09:54 AM
"Would there be any competitions this time? Would be nice to win something...

Hmm, I was looking for a new cloak, do you have any in dark grey or black?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-22, 10:02 AM
Faelyn:
"Well, there's the footraces down west of city center. I have this fine silken cloak in the latest vogue, it comes in jet black dark grey light grey and dark blue. It costs fifteen bezants."[Gold pieces]

Lexin
2012-12-22, 10:12 AM
"A bit of a shame... I prefer archery myself... still races could be fun as well... to watch at least...

Colors are nice... are these durable, or just a fancy kind, do you have hooded ones?" asks Faelyn actually interested... he got money to use, so why not have buy something nice...

distant quasar
2012-12-22, 10:24 AM
Allea heads toward the center of the town.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-22, 11:38 AM
Fealyn
"Well... They aren't as durable as some, honestly. They're more for show, really. I mean, they, well, they last a long time though, a couple years for sure..." She trails off weakly.

Allea
As you walk past the waving banners and the signs advertising all manner of goods, you see a dark-skinned elf with a long, thin sword and a heavy bow buying a cloak from one of the stalls lining the streets.

Lexin
2012-12-22, 11:44 AM
Faelyn smiles before saying "I see... thank you for your time then." he nods politely and walks off to see if anything interesting is going on... and if not, he spends his time helping some vendors he knew before in setting the stalls. Working for cookies etc. until something everything starts for real.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-22, 06:17 PM
Sveargith hands over a copper and takes a bite from the apple.

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 12:31 AM
Gacomiar glares at the merchant who gestured to him, pondering if the merchant knew who he was gesturing at. "Time to have some fun," Gacomiar says to Father Jurgas.

Gacomiar takes a couple of steps towards the merchant and pulls an arrow from his quiver, and still glaring at the merchant. As he approaches he motions the arrow across this throat.

Attempting intimidate.

[roll0]

Tiny
2012-12-23, 05:52 AM
Galadar arrives to the festival by air, soaring above the wall he has little need for gates. The journey from the ancient temple had been pleasant and he was in a good mood, on a whim he throws a couple of pegs towards the gate as he passes. What does he care if it actually reaches the city coffers, it will probably do someone good anyways. "Ah, is there any better way to attend a festival then from above?" He jokingly asks out loud as he lazily dance in the wind above the crowd, avoiding the tumult of the steets.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-23, 09:49 AM
Gacomair:
The merchant's eyes bug out and he falls over, apparently having difficulty breathing.

Galadar:
Below you, amidst the clamor and chaos of the streets, you see someone walking astride an old man suddenly lunge out at a merchant. The merchant is old and rather portly, and he clutches his heart and falls sideways.

Faelyn:
As you arrive with your friend Bernie's tub of pears (which entitles you to one or two for free) you see him clutch his heart and fall over. A young man seems to be menacing him with a bow.

Sveargith:
As you bite into your apple, the old merchant from whom you bought it keels over, gasping. You look behind you and see a young man wearing a rather intimidating chain shirt aiming an arrow at the vendor.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 10:08 AM
Sveargith taps Gacomair on the shoulder while having her other hand on her fullblade hilt
intimidate [roll0] crap

Lexin
2012-12-23, 10:20 AM
Faelyn's eyes open wide in shock as he looks at his friend, he freezes in place and then suddenly jaunts towards Bernie, dropping the pears on the way. "Hey! What is going on?"
Then he turns to the man with a bow "What do you think you are doing?" he says, his voice full of anger. He holds the hilt of his sword with one hand and is ready to draw.

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 11:00 AM
Gacomiar locks eyes with Sveargith.

"Now, Now, no need to get all excited," Gacomiar explains.

"You see this man insulted my dear friend Father Jurgas here. I owe him my life.

"Besides, did you see the look on his face?", Gacomiar says laughing.

The locking of eyes ensues a Duel of Wills(ToB) use of the intimidate skill, between Gacomiar and Sveargith. I will oppose her intimidate check with my own...

[roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 11:16 AM
Sveargith nods, but she looks like she isn't happy by it

Lexin
2012-12-23, 11:21 AM
Faelyn draws his sword and walks to Gacomiar.
"You really think it is funny?" he asks quietly.

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 11:33 AM
"Maybe you didn't see the look on his face the same way that I did," Gacomiar explains.

Gacomiar uses the innate ability of his race to change his appearance to that of the merchant. He then looks at Faelyn, and says, "Here, you be me and I'll be him." He locks eyes with Faelyn and falls to the ground with a look of mock terror on his face.

Lexin
2012-12-23, 11:38 AM
"Still not seeing anything funny in it... Faelyn is too angry to be startled at the transformation ... although I could enjoy such look on your real face. Tell me who are you and why shouldn't I beat the crap out of you?"

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 12:02 PM
Gacomair returns back to his previous form and stands up.

"Obviously I am a man with a sense of humor, of which you seem to be lacking.

"And as for the reason of why you shouldn't beat the crap out of me, there are many, many more witnesses to such an event thanks to the Festival of the Eclipse. I'm sure you don't want the city guard to become involved."

Gacomair glances again at Sveargith, this time with a gentler gaze, and notices that the creature before him isn't of the same gender as the he and the other fellow. He blushes.

"I do believe we have gotten to a bad start," Gacomair says to Sveargith, preferring to deal with someone not as hard headed. "If you would be so inclined, my dear lady, I would like to start over. I'm afraid my behavior to you before was in bad taste. My name is Gacomair Bemin, pleased to make your acquaintance." Gacomair extends his hand to Sveargith.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-23, 12:06 PM
People are now staring at you, and you see the merchant, Bernie, is slinking away from the stall.

Lexin
2012-12-23, 12:09 PM
"Maybe I shall call guards on you? Threatening old people is a crime too, you know?" he says... but sees that talking to this man is worthless. He turns away, to check if Bernie is okay.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 12:34 PM
Sveargith shakes his hand. She nods a no and mouths someting. She hold out her holy sybol and it shows on the back: property of Sveargith

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 12:53 PM
Gacomair tries to remember where he has seen this symbol before... Ah. That's it. Father Jurgas has one just like it.

"I believe that you and I may have more in common than you know," Gacomair says looking at the symbol. "I have someone to introduce you too, but first we must escape this growing crowd. Follow me." He then grabs Sveargith's hand and attempts to pull her with him through the crowd as he searches for Father Jurgas.

Before he leaves he yells to Faelyn, "You should probably make yourself scarce as well, the guards are probably on their way even though nothing happened. They don't take well to strangers causing commotion."

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 01:11 PM
Sveargith follows Gacomair. Still silent

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-23, 01:12 PM
You see guards approaching from both ends of the street, but there are two nearby alleys. The crowd mutters to the general theme of scumbags and criminals. One man appears to take offense at Faelyn, telling him in a loud voice, "It's not just a crime to threaten old people. It's called assult. It can apply to anyone and is defined as..." He rants on as the guards converge.

Lexin
2012-12-23, 01:26 PM
Faelyn simply rolls his eyes... he is quite used to hearing rants. Assuming that Bernie is okay, he helps him tidy up the place and simply stays nearby to see if the old man needs anything.

Edit:

Funny thing... If Bernie is human, then Faelyn could actually be older than him...

Tiny
2012-12-23, 01:36 PM
Monitoring the situation from above Galadar frowns. Then he makes a decision. Taking note of the people that were arguing and seeing the approaching guards he makes some arcane gestures.

Cast: message.
Fail on 1: [roll0]

To Gacomair and Sveargith

"I have been watching from above and I give you this fair warning. This is a day for celebration, one of the few we have, and I can't with good conscience let somebody get hurt an a day such as this. It seems the old man is unhurt so I will help you escape the gaurds. Close to you are two alleys, take the left one. ".

He then flies towards the guards shouting. "I saw everything! They went that way! The alley on the right!"
Bluff[roll1]

Tiny
2012-12-23, 01:39 PM
Darn so rolls fail if preview. fail on 1: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 01:49 PM
Gacomair has never heard the voice sending him the message before, but seeing as how the guards are approaching, he decides to have a little faith and heeds the warning.

Gacomair goes into the alley on the left.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 02:09 PM
Not wanting to get caught up in the mess, she goes into the alley

distant quasar
2012-12-23, 05:16 PM
Allea has observed this scene passing with some bemusement. After thinking for a moment, she decides that these people may prove more interesting than the festivities, and sets out to follow them.

Track: [roll0]
I have scent, so unless I roll a one that should be fairly easy.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-23, 06:47 PM
Lexin:
Bernie (who is human by the by) arrives back at his stall with a sheepish expression on his face. "What was that all about, d'you think? I really, I mean there was no harm done, and, er, the old man was... Was, um..." Bernie fans his crimson face as the guards approach. "What's all this, then?" one of them asks. You recognize him- his name is Paulic and he normally works at a nearby bakery. You don't know the other one.

Galadar:
You see the two people duck into the alley as the guards rush the other way. A moment later, you hear a voice above you. "I wouldn't recommend sticking around here." Turning, you see a half-fey women. Her name is Trick, and she is an acquaintance from the shrine at which you live. There are some drunkards setting off some fireworks early down there." She takes off in the direction of the thin spire of the church of Gyrostix.

Gacomair and Sveagith:
The alley exits into a small courtyard surrounded by buildings and continues on the other side. The courtyard is occupied by a group of men in a circle. In the center are two large, muscled men pounding at each other with gusto. As you enter the courtyard, everyone in it turns, as one, to stare at you menacingly.

Allea:
You catch up with them as they stop at the entrance to the courtyard. The men smell overwhelmingly of cheap beer.

Tiny
2012-12-23, 08:05 PM
Galadar turns towards Trick and with a few strokes of his wings he levels with her.

"I would love to leave Trick, but I might have put those two out of the ashes and in to the fire. Besides, you most of all should know I do enjoy a good show of fireworks."

And instead of following her, he turns towards the left alley and flies after the the pair he now feels a small sense of responsibility for.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 09:39 PM
Sveargith grabs the hilt of her fullblade, but is going to let Gacomair handle it, seeing that he looks threatening and could intimidate them.

Xynphos
2012-12-23, 09:54 PM
"This day just keeps getting better and better," Gacomair muses.

He uses his ability to change form. His ears become pointed. His skin changes to the palest of whites. His eyes change to that of the deepest onyx. His hair becomes the color of dancing flames, standing up as if ablaze. Gacomair also conjures an Eldritch Glaive in his hands.

Rolls Intimidate:
[roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-23, 09:57 PM
Sveargith is surprised. She didn't expect this. In her head she is thinking what the ****

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-23, 10:27 PM
The men glance nervously at each other, swearing drunkenly, but seem to think they have the advantage due to their numbers- there are at least fifteen of them- and the two huge men in their center. One of them, who looks like he may be half-giant, says, "What the **** do you ****s think you're doing here?" His opponent spits at you and contributes, "**** your *******."
[Tiny, if you're landing alongside them say so.]

Lexin
2012-12-24, 06:34 AM
"In short, where I came here, some guy was threatening Bernie with a bow. Judging from his words he did this for fun of it... He went this way." he says showing the way with his hand.

Tiny
2012-12-24, 08:17 AM
Finally catching up, Galadar overhears the threats going back and forth between the two groups. Placing himself over the scene he tries to identify the leader of the thugs, placing himself 30 feet above the half-giant and says: " I suggest you and your comrades all leave here quickly. The guards are coming in great numbers."

Cast suggestion: dc 13+7=20
fail on 1:[roll0]

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-24, 09:46 AM
Faelyn:
One of the guards says, "Are you sure? It looked like they went down the other alley." Another pitches in, "But, well, no one really got shot, did they?.."

The rest of ye:
The drunkards look in fear at each other. "The guards?" "They've called the guardsh on ush!" One fighter says, "Arright, everyone down the the other ***** alley!" The other hiccups and says, "Right! We're offski!"

Lexin
2012-12-24, 10:06 AM
"Not sure, I was more worried with a guy who almost got a heart attack!"
To the other one "No... nobody was shot... And I suppose you wouldn't mind if someone almost shot someone from your family, what harm is in that, right?" just a little bit of sarcasm...

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-24, 10:17 AM
The sun has reached its apex and begins its descent into the west.

Faelyn:
"It's called assault, Geoffren, and it is a crime." Turning to you, he adds, "Sorry, Geoff is an apprentice blacksmith, we have a lot of extra guards today. Now which alley did they go down? Did you see?"

Xynphos
2012-12-24, 11:48 AM
To Galadar: "Thank you for your assistance. That situation could have gotten... messy. We should probably keep moving. We'll acquaint ourselves better after we are safe, yes?"

Lexin
2012-12-24, 12:01 PM
"I think it was this one." he says, pointing again.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-24, 01:39 PM
Faelyn:
The guards hurry off as Bernie sells a few pomegranates to a greying dwarf.

The rest:
Upon exiting the alley, you see the horde of drunkards rush off down a main street past a rifle salesman and a bakery. Father Jurgas is standing at the corner in the opposite direction. He seems to be preaching to passerby.

Tiny
2012-12-24, 02:18 PM
"So how about we head towards the church of Gyrostix and you can fill me in in what mess I apparently involved myself in?" Galadar says to the three others as they exit the alley.

"Besides we will need to give the guards some time to cool down." He adds with a small chuckle.

Lexin
2012-12-24, 02:44 PM
"You okay now?" Faelyn asks Bernie as he picks up the pears.
If he says that he is okay, Faelyn would go check how the guards are doing.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-24, 03:18 PM
Sveargith's ears open up, There is a Gyrostix Church here, how did I not know of this. she thought in her head. She nods her head as to say: yes

distant quasar
2012-12-24, 04:43 PM
Allea glances towards Galadar. "That is indeed a good question. I'm here just to find that out, actually--your little disaster with the merchant caught my attention."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-24, 04:50 PM
Faelyn:
Bernie looks up, startled. "Oh, yes, I'm fine. Here, take this for your help." He hands you a pair of peaches.

The rest:
You flee toward the ancient church, losing the guards after only a few blocks. A few blocks away from the church, Galadar is joined by two pixies, friends of his who have been enjoying the festivities. They introduce themselves as Clover, a small male with green hair, and Siarn, a female with a beaklike nose, and, bizarrely, a tiny pair of glasses.

Lexin
2012-12-24, 05:47 PM
"That's good. I will go check how the guards are doing." ...and he follows the guards...

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-24, 05:58 PM
Faelyn:
You follow the guards after the perpetrator for several blocks before arriving at a split in the path. The guards suggest splitting up, and run down the road to the left.

Lexin
2012-12-24, 06:14 PM
Faelyn goes right then, looking for these people and asking around, if someone went by in rush.

Tiny
2012-12-24, 07:34 PM
"Clover, did you enjoy the footrace? Did Huern win this year too?" Smiling at the answer he turns to Siarn. "Siarn did you happen to see Trick today? I ran into her earlier but I didn't really have time to chat at the time, I think she was headed towards the church." He then nods in the direction of the church of Gyrostix.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-25, 09:48 AM
Faelyn:
The bystanders tell you that a few people ran by here a couple minutes ago. Following their directions takes you toward the church of Gyrostix.

Everyone Else:
Siarn says, "Oh, yes, Trick sent me to find you. She's inside the church, in fact. And also to tell you that you're being followed by a dark-skinned elf with quite a large bow. Do you know him?"

Lexin
2012-12-25, 10:46 AM
Faelyn follows them to the church, although if he needs t go inside to follow them he would do it in less running and more sneaking way...

distant quasar
2012-12-25, 12:13 PM
"I think I saw him at the stand earlier. He would be the one who confronted you earlier, Allea says, glancing over at Gacomiar.

Xynphos
2012-12-25, 03:13 PM
Gacomair's eyes widen at the sight of Allea, Two in one day, what luck is that, he thinks. "So he's still after me eh? Didn't see that one coming. Anyhow, I'm Gacomair. Who might you be? " Gacomair replies, not a hint of trepidation in his voice.

distant quasar
2012-12-25, 03:29 PM
"Allea Sante," she replies simply, offering no further comment.

Tiny
2012-12-26, 11:33 AM
"Then we should get inside and await this bowman. I don't think he will start a fight inside a church when outnumbered seven to one. Galadar says, and then he turns to Gacomair. "And could you perhaps explain why this fellow is so keen on following you?"

Xynphos
2012-12-26, 11:40 AM
Explaining while walking inside, "I seem to have offended him by threatening some merchant he was talking too. The merchant made an obscene gesture toward me and my companion, the very Father of this church mind you, and I decided to scare him a little. I never meant any harm towards him, I just wanted him to think twice before insulting me again."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-26, 12:20 PM
The church is a huge building of white stone. The vault of the roof comes to a sharp point, and huge, red-and-white stained glass windows, similarly shaped, adorn the front. A towering pair of double doors provide entrance into the narthex. The narthex is an impressive room, red light streaming from the windows and falling on the white marble of the floor and walls. Another pair of doors provides an entrance into the nave, while two archways to your left and right open onto stairways, which lead to the corner towers and to the triforium level.

Faelyn:
As you emerge into the square, you catch a glimpse of your quarry entering the ancient church.

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-26, 02:04 PM
Sveargith finds a suitable spot for prayer. Gyrostix is the only one she can talk to, not counting herself, so she is usually finds herself lonely because of this

distant quasar
2012-12-26, 02:59 PM
Allea looks around uneasily in the church, appearing uncomfortable to be inside it.

Tiny
2012-12-27, 05:58 PM
As soon as they enter the church, Galadar begins looking around for signs of Trick. "Trick, it's Galadar, are you here? Was there something you wanted besides telling me about the elf?"

Xynphos
2012-12-27, 06:41 PM
Gacomair's expression changes to one of reverence, as he changes back to his true form, to appear before Gyrostix in any other way would be an insult.

His hair changes to a long, dark blonde, his eyes to a deep sky blue, and his skin changes to a light tan. He kneels for a moment and whispers under his breath, "Thank you" and stands back up to observe the rest of the group he seems to have unwittingly assembled.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-28, 06:58 PM
Trick enters the narthex from the nave. "Hey, Galadar," she says amiably, "Who are your new friends?"

Xyn, do you realize that a changeling's natural form has white skin, hair and eyes and is genderless?

Tiny
2012-12-29, 09:46 AM
"There you are!" Galadar smiles widely. Then he furrows his brow. Now that you mention it... I have no idea! How about you all intruduce yourselves to both Trick and myself. The name is Galadar by the way. And almost as an afterthougt he adds. "Paladin and protector of the ladies Skallyn and Suyet."

MichaelGoldclaw
2012-12-30, 07:41 PM
Seargith stands up and walks to the group. Since Gacomair is the only one here who knows Sveargith's name, she will let him introduce her.

Xynphos
2012-12-30, 07:56 PM
"Well met Galadar. I am Gacomair Bemin, Lost Sheep of Gyrostix," tacked on jokingly. "It's a pleasure." *pause* "Oh, and this is Sveargith, my newest acquaintance and friend," he says, gesturing to the dragon lady beside him.

I realize what a changeling's natural form is, but I am referring to true form as how I first appeared when I was found by Father Jurgas. I cannot remember my natural form, this is the form by which I have come to believe is "natural". Hope this clears up any confusion.

distant quasar
2012-12-31, 12:21 PM
"My name is Allea Sante."

Allea looks over at them, then quickly away again.

Tiny
2013-01-02, 05:53 AM
"There you go Trick! Well met everyone. Now, if I have not gone completely daft, there was the small mater of a certain elf giving us chase... I for one do not enjoy neither the company of guards nor the comforts of bars, so I suggest we make sure our soon to be guest, feels welcome."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-03, 11:32 AM
Trick tilts her head. "This church has a triforium. Who here has a good bow? Or other ranged weapon? I need two people who prefer hand-to-hand fighting. The rest can provide ranged support. Actually, let's make those two Galadar and Gacomair. Galadar can fly to the ceiling, and Gacomair will make great bait." She snickers. "Then one of you follow me to the left triforium- two to the right. Get bows or spells ready." Trick smiles sweetly.

distant quasar
2013-01-03, 01:06 PM
"So you intend for us to simply kill this person, who we don't even know?"

sounds awesome

For a moment, her eyes seem to glow brightly, then she shudders slightly.

"I hope you don't mind my requesting that you find someone else to do your dirty work."

italics is the monster within

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-03, 01:22 PM
Trick briefly looks horrified, then scowls at Allea. "No! Of course not! But if he is trying to kill Gacomire, he'll have a damn good reason not to!"

distant quasar
2013-01-03, 01:33 PM
"Ah. So you want us to stand there and look intimidating so he doesn't try anything?"
she shrugs.
"I'll help that far."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-03, 01:36 PM
"Exactly! Now follow me. You can join me in the left gallery," she says, starting up the stairs.

distant quasar
2013-01-03, 01:42 PM
Allea follows, taking a position and preparing to call on the powers of the monster--if necessary.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-03, 05:12 PM
Sveargith unsheathes her fullblade, showing a preference to close quarters.

Tiny
2013-01-04, 06:58 AM
Stringing his bow Galadar flies up towards the ceiling. "You always surprise me with your tactical mind, Trick. Its rather fascinating, what you hide behind that sweet smile." His face broadens in a smile of his own.

Xynphos
2013-01-04, 09:40 AM
"Looks like its settled then. Let the games begin." Gacomair replies.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-04, 04:48 PM
[I'm temporarily controlling Failyn, since Lexin hasn't posted.]

As you stand in the narthex discussing your strategy, the dark-skinned elf pushes open the door.

Lexin
2013-01-04, 05:43 PM
[OOC]

I didn't manage to get the response about surroundings before our DM vanished, so I assume that Faelyn enters a church... not even expecting to find the droid person he is looking for... and sees and ambush instead...

Faelyn enters the church and sees bunch of strangers pointing sharp things at him. He draws two slim daggers and looks around to see if the 'prankster' is around.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-05, 09:59 AM
Faelyn:
The narthex is filled with strangers holding a variety of weapons or simply looking very threatening indeed. The man you seek stands at the back.

Lexin
2013-01-05, 03:24 PM
Faelyn points at the 'prankster' with his left hand.
"You! You will come with me!"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-05, 09:02 PM
With fullbade in hand, Sveargith steps up looking threatining

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-05, 09:04 PM
[roll0] intimidate CRIT

Xynphos
2013-01-05, 10:30 PM
"Now, now, why on earth would I do that? Obviously, you are in the wrong here, as I have explained to my new friends. Maybe you require an explanation as well?" Gacomair takes a deep breath. "You see, that old man you were defending started this whole mess by insulting me. Then, you decide to get all uppity when he overreacts to a little horseplay, that, in all honesty, he brought upon himself. Did you ever pause for a moment to think that, in fact, you may have been on the wrong side the entire time? That your overreaction caused this whole scene? That your pride got in the way of your judgement?

Lexin
2013-01-06, 05:02 AM
Faelyn stops in his tracks looking at the huge sword.

He thinks for a while about the 'prakster's' words... and answers.
"Bull****." in a monotone "He insulted you, yes, that's about the only thing you are right about. According to law you can apply for a formal apology and maybe even a small fine for such thing.
But assaulting someone, then running away from the guards ... and then preparing an ambush in a church and threatening me, when I am helping the guards... these amount to arrest. This is the reason I am chasing you, not something like pride. Answering your other questions, I can't be on wrong side, if I am on the guard's side and I am not wrong, as you just admitted to the deed.
So, you coming with me to deal with guards, or do you want to add attempted murder to the charges?"
As if it is an afterthought "I wonder if it is a bigger crime if committed in a church..."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-06, 09:38 AM
Trick stands to the side, muttering, "Thirty stinking minutes I stood here and planned that ambush and then he walks in through the blasted door..."

Lexin
2013-01-06, 09:46 AM
"And what did you expect? Assassins and siege to punish someone for a minor crime?"

Tiny
2013-01-07, 12:53 PM
"Just as you said, a minor crime. That is hardly worth dragging someone to the guards for. Especially when the "culprit" has gone to the local center of his own faith to seek guidance in the mater" Galadar shrugs. "But if any of you are going to start a fight in this holy place on this day of celebration, I will have no choice but to intervene."

Lexin
2013-01-07, 01:11 PM
Faelyn thinks for a while and hides his weapons.

"There, now I am unarmed happy? I didn't come here to fight. Only to get this guy... he points with his right hand ...to guards. And I think it looks much more like ambush than guidance..."

Xynphos
2013-01-08, 12:13 PM
"I agree with Galadar here, no need to ruin the festival with this nonsense." Looking at everyone Gacomair continues, "Why don't we all get out of here and have some fun? We can go see a footrace, gambling always seems to get me out of a bad mood."

distant quasar
2013-01-08, 03:23 PM
Allea speaks up from the end of the church where she had been led for the ambush. "I agree."

Lexin
2013-01-08, 03:30 PM
"I agree with Galadar here, no need to ruin the festival with this nonsense." Looking at everyone Gacomair continues, "Why don't we all get out of here and have some fun? We can go see a footrace, gambling always seems to get me out of a bad mood."

"And makes all others fall in a bad mood, I suppose..." Faelyn rolls his eyes and sighs... he kind of hoped for a fight...

"I don't think that bringing you to guards would ruin the festival... but the whole bunch of them run the other way for some reason and it would be a pain to go look for them now." He shrugs and adds.

"If you promise that you would never again try to threaten the life of my friends I guess I could let it slide."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-08, 06:04 PM
By now the sun has passed its apex and is starting for the western horizon. The time is around 2:30, meaning only an hour and a half remains before the eclipse.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-08, 08:14 PM
Sveargith is currently away from the festivities, but only for a brief moment to pray. "The day that I find you, Tregas, you will wish you never casted the curse, no, you would wish you would have never caused any harm to the innocent. I'm getting sidetracked. I need to give my prayer." She then prays to her deity.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-09, 05:56 PM
Gacomair:

Father Jurgas has returned to the church and is talking to a man who is just intoxicated enough to listen politely. "The sheer cheek of them! Why, did you notice about a month ago a lot of youngsters with white cloaks came through? They were about the rudest bunch I've ever seen." At the negative reply, he continues, "Oh, you know, they were passing through on their way to the coast? Came from the west? Said they were pilgrims?"

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-13, 05:39 PM
I presume, due to the long pause, that we are ready for the eclipse. So, without further ado:

A gasp rises from the crowded streets as a shadow appears on one end of the sun. As it moves slowly from east to west, there are murmurs of awe. The sun is now a black disc surrounded by dancing rays of light.

A minute later and the eastern tip of the sun is visible. It seems to send a beam of light eastward, toward the ocean. As the black disc slides off the sun, a man's shout rises above the quiet murmuring as the crowd turns east, away from the sun. A beam of white light seems to shimmer above the horizon.

The crowd's attention directed toward this strange spectacle, Father Jurgas gasps and rushes into the church as the light grows in intensity. He bounds out a minute later, moving very much faster than usual, and holding a sky-blue bundle of fabric. He attempts to stuff it into Gacomair's bag, whispering, "I didn't see it before, this is, oh sweet Gyrostix, prophecy of nine winds... Gacomair!" he hisses, "Take your companions and get that out of the city! Go west- into the wastes... I'll try to- oh, gods- Flit! Flit!"

distant quasar
2013-01-15, 08:46 PM
Allea blinks in surprise, then glances around, confused. "What's going on exactly?" she asks no one in particular, vaguely hoping one of those she accompanied here will be able to answer.

Tiny
2013-01-20, 05:19 PM
"The eclipse of course!" Galadar answers with a big grin. "But why is the old priest so startled when this happens every time?" He frowns as he follows the gaze of the crowd and his eyes suddenly widen. "What in Skallyns name is that light?!"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-01-21, 12:10 AM
Sveargith was shocked by this, she went to see what was wrong

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-21, 10:20 AM
Father Jurgas runs with surprising alacracity back into the church.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-28, 07:26 PM
Gacomair takes the package. He runs west, gesturing for you to follow.

Tiny
2013-01-29, 06:09 AM
"Trick! Everyone! Follow Gacomair, he and the old priest knows something about that light!" Turning his head as he takes wing. "And sweet Suyet! I donīt think we want to stay and find out what.."

Lexin
2013-01-29, 11:29 AM
[Big assumption that Faelyn is now at least partially friendly with others]

"Good, an explanation would be nice. After him people!" he says, some out-of-place excitement in his voice, and starts to run following the priest.

distant quasar
2013-01-29, 05:02 PM
Curiosity piqued, Allea follows them.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-29, 05:44 PM
Faelyn:
Father Jurgas is praying on his knees before the statue of the dragon Gyrostix at the far end of the church.

Galadar:
Trick springs into the air to follow you. From this greater altitude, you can see something that looks a bit like a volcanic eruption just over the eastern horizon.
Make a spot check.

The Rest:
The crowd looks at you nervously as you run past. The streets are choked with people.

Lexin
2013-01-29, 05:47 PM
"Hello there, father. Could you spare a minute to actually try to explain what's going on?" Says Faelyn to the priest, starting in a slightly ironic tone, but quickly turning serious.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-29, 05:55 PM
Father Jurgas turns around. "Oh. It's the one who was in here before. Yes, your role in the prophecy... is ambiguous. I'm not sure you get out of the city, you see." He walks to the narrow space behind the statue, fiddling with something on the back.

Tiny
2013-01-30, 06:22 PM
[roll0]

Galadar stares at the horizon with disbelief in his eyes. "Trick.. Is that what I think it is?.."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-30, 09:56 PM
Trick is a bit behind you, and you can't hear her response over the wind's rush. Far out to sea, in the east, is a front of glowing red and orange and pale blue.

It also happens to be expanding. And, alarmingly, the direction of this expansion seems to be... this one.

You can also see a winged shape at a distance to the north, converging on your flight path.

Tiny
2013-01-31, 04:46 AM
Try to guage the time until "the magical tsunami" hits. Any rolls for that? Does Galadar know anything at all that could be helpfull? K.religion [roll0] K.Nature [roll1] And for the flying bird, plane no superman thing. Spot [roll2]

Shouting to make himself heard above the wind. "We need to take shelter somewhere! This is going to be a disaster!" Narrowing his eyes, he tries to identify the "winged creature" hoping that it is another fey from the temple and not some crazed beast.

Lexin
2013-01-31, 08:19 AM
Father Jurgas turns around. "Oh. It's the one who was in here before. Yes, your role in the prophecy... is ambiguous. I'm not sure you get out of the city, you see." He walks to the narrow space behind the statue, fiddling with something on the back.

"Prophecy? Out of the city? What are you talking about?!"

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-31, 09:25 AM
Galadar:
You can't make out the wave clearly enough to tell how fast it's moving. Looking at the flying object, you realize it to be another friend- a young, half-fey dragon that lives at the temple. Someone is sitting on its back.

The crowd looks up a you, and several people start muttering.
Make diplomacy checks. Roll on the OOC; get two successes against DC15 before three faliures.

Faelyn:
Father Jurgas pulls out a tube of leather from behind the statue and hands it to you. Then he pulls out a bottle and takes a long drink. "The map will show you to a friend of mine. She lives in the wastes. She'll tell you the prophecy. Now I would suggest giving that map to the others. It might be enough to let you survive." He drinks deeply from the bottle.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-02, 03:20 PM
The crowd frenzies. Each person moves in a different direction, bumping into each other and the walls of buildings. The wave front has expanded slightly as you near the town wall.

distant quasar
2013-02-02, 03:34 PM
Allea looks around for a place to take shelter

Spot: [roll0]
(subtract four from result if you want a Search check)

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-02-02, 09:11 PM
This can't be a coincidence. Eclipse and that?! Sveargith heads to the church. There had to be an explanation to this unnatural event, most likely caused by a deity or master mage. If it was divine, then divine means can prevent it.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-02, 09:26 PM
Allea:
As you glance around, you think, "No. Flee the tide, for it shall cleanse all you see..." Wait a moment. Did you think that?

Sveargith:
As you walk toward the church, you think, "We will need the map. We must retrieve it from the priest. Then we must flee." Huh?

You reach the church just as Jurgas hands Faelyn the map.

Galadar:
As you clear the town wall, leaving the citizens in a panic and swarming out the gates, you think, "Yes. Flee the tide. It shall swallow this place." What did you just think? The wave front has drawn subtly closer...

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-02-02, 11:57 PM
Sveargith at first questioned the thought, but she quickly came to the conclusion that it was not her own and someone was aiding her. She went to see what this map was.

Lexin
2013-02-03, 03:50 AM
Faelyn

"Would prefer some more information. ... But I guess I can work with that." He says to the priest and walks back trying to find others, map in his hands.

distant quasar
2013-02-03, 10:30 AM
Allea hesitates for a moment. Has she become so used to the monster that she can no longer tell its thoughts from her own?

Regardless, it is probably true. But whatever is going on here, she doesn't want to deal with it alone. Looking around for her companions, she follows them, intent on alerting them that they must quickly clear the area.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-04, 06:03 PM
Faelyn and Sveargith run into each other at the church's entrance.

Allea saw Galadar fly over a minute ago, and Sveargith backtracking toward the old church, but no one is currently in sight.

Tiny
2013-02-04, 06:54 PM
Galadar briefly wonders if someone is using magic to message him, like he did to the strange collection of people he helped escape from the guards. *But that would mean someone close by... Or someone very powerful..* He considers this as he flies towards the young dragon. *Is that someone on his back?*

"Asteriks!" He shouts to the approaching dragon. Hoping he makes himself heard above the rush of wind. "By the powers! The world has gone crazy today! Was it you who sent the warning?" And suddenly it dawns on him. *If this wave reaches the temple..*

"Are the others safe and who is guarding the Ramyth Kaih?" Then, at long last he looks closer at the dragons companion. "And who is that you are carrying?"

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-04, 07:31 PM
Galadar:
Asteriks flies closer to you, and you see that on his back sits the wizard Obaleck. (Although he can cast fairly powerful spells, it was not his voice you heard in your head.) He signs for you to keep flying.

Tiny
2013-02-05, 05:33 AM
Galadar moves to join the wizard and the dragon. *I hope Trick and the others have sense enough to leave as well..*

distant quasar
2013-02-05, 03:04 PM
Allea heads towards the church.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-06, 10:19 PM
Allea reaches the church to find Faelyn and Sveargith at the entrance.

Lexin
2013-02-09, 05:29 AM
Faelyn:

He runs out of church only to see two of the people he was looking for (Sveargith and Allea) "Hey! I was just looking for you. The priest wasn't really helpful in explaining things, but he did mention some kind of prophecy and that we need to find his friend who would do the explaining part...
He also gave me a map..."

distant quasar
2013-02-09, 07:37 PM
"Prophecy? I'm assuming it concerns the... whatever, Allea falters, looking towards the rising tide. "I think... or I think I think... that the tide will flood this city, she says, a fear creeping into her voice "I don't typically travel with others, but I don't have a clue what's going on here or what to do about it.So let's find this friend," she says. "Is his location on the map?" Allea asks with a vague hope.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-10, 10:29 AM
Unrolling the map, you see a white X marked about fifty miles to the west-southwest of Sandsedge.

Lexin
2013-02-12, 03:45 AM
Faelyn

"So... Does anyone know where are the others? I think we all need to reach this place... and it looks like time is an issue here..." he says looking a little hesitant.

distant quasar
2013-02-12, 03:07 PM
Allea seems uncertain. "I'm not sure we can afford to wait for them, and I don't have a clue where to look... perhaps we should just go..."

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-12, 06:41 PM
Allea:
You think, "We must flee! We must get to Lanadria before it is too late!"

distant quasar
2013-02-12, 07:06 PM
Allea seems to get more nervous even as she speaks, yet at the same time more confident in her idea. "Actually, I really don't think we can afford to wait. We need to get to... Lanadria?" she finishes with a question, wondering where that idea came from...

Lexin
2013-02-13, 01:11 PM
Faelyn

[thoughts] ...Did I mention her name?...

He stops for a second but then shrugs and answers:
"You are probably right, we need to get going, with a bit of luck we will find others on the way..."

And he starts walking, following the map.

distant quasar
2013-02-13, 03:54 PM
Allea follows quickly behind, trying not to look behind herself.

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-21, 10:01 PM
All of you meet outside the city, amidst the ocean of people pouring from the gates, except for Galadar, who is flying above.

Lexin
2013-02-22, 08:57 AM
Faelyn

He unrolls the map and shows it to everyone, pointing at the place where the priest's friend should be.

"We need to get there, as fast as possible, does anyone know these lands?"

...Does Faelyn knows these lands ? :smalltongue:

Proud Tortoise
2013-02-22, 09:51 AM
It's a simple map, and a trail is marked on it. It leads due west from here.

The wave front has advanced considerably, and can be easily seen from where you stand... Along with several flecks racing toward you from the same direction.

Tiny
2013-02-27, 06:57 PM
Galadar decends a bit to see the map more clearly. "I have flown around those parts, but I'm not sure if i remember those particular landmarks.."

Does he have any idea at all, were the map points too?... :smallbiggrin:

"But then again, I think I rather risk unfamiliar terrain than a magic tsunami."

He points towards the advancing wave front to emphasize the last statement.

Lexin
2013-02-27, 10:49 PM
Faelyn stares blankly at the incoming wave.

"Good point." he says simply and starts walking, peeking on the map from time to time.

Tiny
2013-02-28, 07:53 AM
Galadar observes the crowd, eyes darting back and forth as if searching for something or someone. "Faelyn, do you know if Clover or Siarn made it out of the gates?" Then he suddenly turns towards the wave front again, remembering something. *My eyes might have been playing tricks on me but didn't I see something other than the wave approaching...*

distant quasar
2013-03-02, 02:07 PM
Allea looks at the flecks, hoping that they were a figment of her imagination, or at least not anything dangerous.

At any rate, she is anxious to get away from the rising water, and heads off after Faelyn.

Proud Tortoise
2013-03-04, 09:31 AM
As the tide of people leave the city, about fifteen large blobs of fire and ice rain down on the area. Then they unfold rude arms and legs and begin laying waste to the crowd of people.

One large creature of fire lands in front of you and roars.

distant quasar
2013-03-04, 03:26 PM
Initiative? [roll0]

Allea stares in shock at the creature for moment. It doesn't look friendly at all... she knows what she has to do, even though she loathes the thought. Reaching inside, she uncovers the deadly power, channeling it toward the creature. She shudders as she feels her soul touch the monster within.

Will DC 11 [roll1] or lose control to the monster within for 5 rounds EDIT: I am now a chaotic evil monster for 5 rounds... :smallbiggrin:

Touch attack: [roll2]
Negative Energy damage: [roll3]
If it hits, the creature must make a Will save DC 16 or be slowed for 5 rounds

... and struggle... she feels its hatred... the dark, consuming void... it yearns for freedom, it wrests control from her...

I AM FREE!
the shadows seem to move, Allea's eyes turn black... obsidian... a void that makes the darkest night seem bright.

Proud Tortoise
2013-03-04, 06:05 PM
An 11 actually makes a DC 11 save, but whatever. The monster is recovering from its landing, so it'll move after all of you have taken your actions.

EDIT: Oh,yes, that's true.

distant quasar
2013-03-04, 06:40 PM
I rolled a natural one, doesn't it auto-fail?

Tiny
2013-03-04, 09:02 PM
Initiative: [roll0] Detect evil on the burning elemental thing if possible.

Galadar draws his bow and reaches for an arrow.

"Watch out everyone! Get away from the burning thing!"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-03-04, 10:26 PM
[roll0] init.

Lexin
2013-03-05, 03:42 AM
"Really? And here I was going to hug it!"

Fealyn shouts back, moves away from the monster and draws his bow.

Initiative [roll0]

Knowledge check, what is the monster:
Int + 5 (Collector of stories) [roll1]
Knowledge ranks:
Nature +1
Dungeoneering +1
Arcane +1
Psionics +8
The Planes +8

+ standard action: Manifest Vigor (for 3 pp) shared with psicrystal

Proud Tortoise
2013-03-05, 09:23 AM
The creature, which you detect as evil, rears backward but then throws itself at Allea.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tiny
2013-03-05, 10:34 AM
"You WILL NOT hurt these people!"

Galadar lets loose an arrow that streaks like a small shaft of light towards the elemental creature.

On my turn: Ranged Smite with bow:[roll0] Dmg [roll1]

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-03-05, 09:59 PM
unsheathing her oversized claymore. Sveargith quietly prayes Gyrostix grant me great strength

bulls strength

Lexin
2013-03-06, 02:33 AM
Faelyn aims his bow at the elemental... and throws an orb of freezing cold air at the elemental.

Energy Stun for 6 pp, (using overchannel, and getting half from [roll0] damage)

Save DC (fort for half, 19)
Damage (cold) [roll1] 30 if it is vulnerable to cold

... and would be a second fort save for Stun, but it is probably immune...

Proud Tortoise
2013-03-06, 09:27 AM
The mass of fire staggers backward and is extinguished. From its core drops a shard of dark grey stone carved with runes.

One down, about twenty to go. And there are more of them on the horizon.

Lexin
2013-03-06, 09:45 AM
Faelyn picks up the stone with runes, looks at it trying to learn something, but after a second he decides that he doesn't have enough time for something like that.
"Let's go, we can't afford to fight them all!"

And he starts to walk again to the place marked on the map... although this time he is in more of a hurry.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-03-06, 03:03 PM
Sveargith moves out on the double

Proud Tortoise
2013-03-06, 03:51 PM
People all around you are fleeing the elementals. Corpses lie across the rocky turf, and the wave of energy has reached the other side of the city. With a great tearing sound, large pieces of buildings fly into the air, carried on the fast-advancing wave.

distant quasar
2013-03-06, 09:58 PM
Allea's lips raise up in a snarl in response. She picks up the runestone left behind, and heads after the others, but lashes out with deathly force against anyone or anything that stands in her path.

Basically heading after everyone else, but killing anyone who is in her way.

Tiny
2013-03-07, 08:53 AM
Galadar, with regretful look on his face as he sees all the death and destruction turns and and follows the others. *This is horrible..* Shouting and gesturing to the villagers to follow. "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!" As he picks up speed he urges the survivors to move faster. *Come on we have to leave before we end up like those other poor villagers..* "Fly, you fools!" I just had to, it was too good to pass up... Sorry! :smallbiggrin: