PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fun Alchemist Build

doko239
2012-12-21, 05:20 PM
Had an idea for an Alchemist build that really makes use of the Deceptive Exchange feat from Ultimate Combat.

Note that this isn't an optimized build, more of a "heh, that'd be funny" build. Used a 20-pt buy for stats.

Without further ado:

BoomBoom

Human Monk 1/Alchemist 8

Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 10

HP 66; AC 20; CMD 18

BAB +6; CMB + 12

Bombs: 16/day (4d6 + 6 damage)

Skills: Bluff 9 ranks (+15), rest to taste

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Improved Disarm, Deceptive Exchange, Agile Maneuvers, Extra Bombs

Discoveries: Explosive Bomb, Precise Bombs, Strafe Bomb, Delayed Bomb

Equipment (46000 gp): Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2, Headband of Vast Intellect +4, +1 Dueling Sai, Mithral Breastplate, various other items

Tactics: BoomBoom runs straight up into melee range with an enemy. If they're wielding a weapon, he'll attempt an Improved Disarm at CMB +16 using the Dueling Sai.

If the disarm attempt is successful, or if the enemy has an open hand, BoomBoom will then make a Bluff check to Feint, using the Deceptive Exchange feat to put an Explosive Delayed bomb into the enemy's open hand, excluding himself from the explosion using Precise Bomb. Strafing Bomb can be used if it would be more effective.

Repeat this process until everyone is disarmed and has taken multiple bomb hits. Laugh and dance on their corpses.

TopCheese
2012-12-21, 05:29 PM
Had an idea for an Alchemist build that really makes use of the Deceptive Exchange feat from Ultimate Combat.

Note that this isn't an optimized build, more of a "heh, that'd be funny" build. Used a 20-pt buy for stats.

Without further ado:

BoomBoom

Human Monk 1/Alchemist 8

Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 22, Wis 10, Cha 10

HP 66; AC 20; CMD 18

BAB +6; CMB + 12

Bombs: 16/day (4d6 + 6 damage)

Skills: Bluff 9 ranks (+15), rest to taste

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Improved Disarm, Deceptive Exchange, Agile Maneuvers, Extra Bombs

Discoveries: Explosive Bomb, Precise Bombs, Strafe Bomb, Delayed Bomb

Equipment (46000 gp): Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2, Headband of Vast Intellect +4, +1 Dueling Sai, Mithral Breastplate, various other items

Tactics: BoomBoom runs straight up into melee range with an enemy. If they're wielding a weapon, he'll attempt an Improved Disarm at CMB +16 using the Dueling Sai.

If the disarm attempt is successful, or if the enemy has an open hand, BoomBoom will then make a Bluff check to Feint, using the Deceptive Exchange feat to put an Explosive Delayed bomb into the enemy's open hand, excluding himself from the explosion using Precise Bomb. Strafing Bomb can be used if it would be more effective.

Repeat this process until everyone is disarmed and has taken multiple bomb hits. Laugh and dance on their corpses.

Why do I get the thoughts of Looney Toons or something when I read this...

doko239
2012-12-21, 05:35 PM

That was kinda the idea :smallbiggrin:

Shred-Bot
2012-12-21, 05:37 PM

Yeah it's not just you...

Also I don't notice any boots there, maybe you can whip up a set of rocket skates to hasten that charge into combat? Who's going to make rocket fuel if not an alchemist?

TopCheese
2012-12-21, 06:11 PM
Yeah it's not just you...

Also I don't notice any boots there, maybe you can whip up a set of rocket skates to hasten that charge into combat? Who's going to make rocket fuel if not an alchemist?

Or... Stay with me here... Max Ranks in Craft:Giant Sling Shot

Shred-Bot
2012-12-21, 06:22 PM
Or... Stay with me here... Max Ranks in Craft:Giant Sling Shot

Excellent! Or how about some Craft (Tobacconist) to disguise your bombs as cigars? Makes a great gift for the NPC who gives you a crap quest reward (and bonus points if you can get explosive runes cast on the band as well).