PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Shamans and Divine Feats

JellyPooga
2012-12-21, 07:13 PM
The Spirit Shaman, besides being a full caster using the Druid spell list (which is, personally, my favourite list), doesn't get a lot of lovin' from...well, anything really. I've not seen anything that gives an alternative class feature, class-specific Feat or the like. With that in mind, I've been considering allowing Chastise Spirits to qualify as Turn Undead for the purpose of certain Divine Feats. Some are clearly not appropriate, but Feats such as Sacred Vengeance or the one that allows you and your buddies to re-roll miss chances against Incorporeal Undead are clearly a shoe-in for the erstwhile Ghostbuster class.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the idea or any suggestions for other Feats or Abilities that might give a Spirit Shaman a few more options.

Cheers

Cieyrin
2012-12-21, 08:51 PM
There is actually a bit of support, just not much, in that the Cityscape WE had a Spirit Shaman ACF and Player's Guide to Eberron clarified that Spirit Shaman could take any of the Druid order feats that Eberron features, provided they had a SNA on their list. So not completely in the cold.

Otherwise, more stuff for Spirit Shamans would be amazing, as they're a well designed class that just didn't pick up as nicely as other Complete classes did.

JeminiZero
2012-12-21, 10:36 PM
With that in mind, I've been considering allowing Chastise Spirits to qualify as Turn Undead for the purpose of certain Divine Feats.

You might also want to consider allowing them to use Chastise Spirits to power some of the Domain Devotion feats (Complete Champion). The nature related domains are certainly appropriate.