PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Best 1-level Dip for a Druid?

Unusual Muse
2012-12-22, 12:14 AM
I know that the optimized Druid doesn't dip, but I'd like to give my Druid build a little flavor by doing a 1-level non-prestige class dip. What would be the most interesting and/or powerful and/or fun base class dip? Bonus points for creative uses of Alternate Class Features. Assume the following:

-No psionics
-No ToB or ToM
-Dragon Mag stuff is okay

Thanks!

Spuddles
2012-12-22, 12:17 AM
Monk if you wildshape, cloistered cleric if you DMM.

Chilingsworth
2012-12-22, 12:19 AM
Well, one option I've seen used is a 1 lvl dip in Monk. You get Wis to AC, +2 to all saves, and a bonus feat (not from a great list, granted, but any feat can theoretically be Dark Chaos shuffled if you can get your DM to allow it.)

dantiesilva
2012-12-22, 12:36 AM
Depends how high the game is going. Low level (under 10) I would say rouge would be funny. Turn into a hawk and sneak attack from above.

gorfnab
2012-12-22, 01:13 AM
Barbarian 1 + Whirling Frenzy ACF (UA) + Spirit Totem: Lion ACF (CC) + City Brawler ACF (Drg#349) = Pounce, Unarmed Strikes, and extra attacks which will work nicely with wildshape. A second level of Barbarian can get you either Improved Grapple (Bear Totem ACF, UA) or Improved Trip (Wolf Totem ACF, UA).

Totemist (MoI) can net you even more natural attacks or some really nice buffs.

Unusual Muse
2012-12-22, 01:22 AM
Well, one option I've seen used is a 1 lvl dip in Monk. You get Wis to AC, +2 to all saves, and a bonus feat (not from a great list, granted, but any feat can theoretically be Dark Chaos shuffled if you can get your DM to allow it.)

Actually, with the alternate Monk fighting styles from Dragon Mag and UA that bonus feat could be put to good use!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-22, 01:53 AM
Cloistered Cleric, I said it all here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264963#8).

Monk is one of the worst choices if you can get a Monk's Belt and a Wilding Clasp. A Rogue dip is nowhere near as good as Spellthief, since even one level of that will allow you to use wands of any Wizard spells from the schools of abjuration, divination, enchantment, illusion, and transmutation, namely a Wand of Wraithstrike (SC).

Seeker of the Misty Isle is a fantastic dip. Warblade is a good dip if you take it late enough to get Iron Heart Surge. Binder could also be useful.

Druid X/ Wizard 1/ Arcane Heirophant 10/ etc. is pretty good, but it requires some spell level shenanigans. Druid 8/ Suel Arcanamach 2/ Arcane Heirophant is a bit more legit, you can use an Elf race to meet the proficiencies for SA and you can get Iron Will from the Otyugh Hole.