PDA

View Full Version : What do you get for the dvati who have everything?

Rubik
2012-12-22, 06:37 AM
I have a gestalt TO build with access to every single power and spell in the entire game, from every single list, both base class and PrC. It also has every useful item from every splatbook I have access to. It has infinite spells and powers per day, dozens of actions per round in which to use them, and can research and spontaneously cast any epic or pre-epic spell as much as it wants, due to having multiple bodies on multiple planes (yay for Shapechanging into a black pudding for extra bodies with the same soul), some of which are on planes with the flowing time trait (as well as over 35,000,000 believers).

It started off as a a society mind 20 // rogue 1 (changeling ACF)/factotum 3/unarmed swordsage 1/thrallherd 1/bard 1/illithid savant 3/sublime chord 2/marshal 1/illithid savant 7

I finagled my way into counting as all races simultaneously, and then I used the Fusion and Astral Seed powers (along with Gating in a baby prismatic dragon and using Greater Bestow Curse to age it to great wyrm status) to boost my HD to 78, then negative levels and a thought bottle to retrain those extra 58 HD to epic illithid savant (which in this case is ruled to be one skill and racial ability, and one feat and class ability alternating every other level.

So far I've used illithid savant to suck out the brains of several creatures, using ice assassins and whatnot so I won't have to eat actual creatures.

Classes:

Erudite: learning powers (but not the UPPD), the spell-to-power ability, and the magic mantle.

Metamind: font of power.

Conjuror wizard: abrupt jaunt

Factotum: cunning surge

Thrallherd: dual thralls

Swiftblade: perpetual options

Warshaper: morphic weapons

Jade phoenix mage: emerald immolation

Hulking hurler: really throw anything

Arcane archer: imbue arrow

Races:
Hagunemnon: Ex Shapechange and the ability to combine up to 5 creatures at once

Tarrasque: regeneration

Overdeity: divine ranks

Diopsid: spell flower

Ghost: malevolence, ability to reform after death

Lich: phylactery (?)

Beholder: antimagic cone

Chosen of Vecna: immunity to divinations

Mongrelfolk: count as any race at all times

Choker: quickness

Chronotyryn: extra turns

Shaedling: shadow gossamerCan anyone think of anything else to nab? I have all sorts of crafting shenanigans, as well as access to Psychic Reformation (so the chameleon's floating feat isn't that important).

Darrin
2012-12-22, 09:12 AM
Well, you forgot the most obvious overpowered ability in the game:

Basketweaving (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870302/The_Basket_Weavers_Handbook).

docnessuno
2012-12-22, 09:16 AM
Well, at that point you might as well go for ice assassin Sarruhk with manipulate form and/or an Aleax for Singular enemy

Kazyan
2012-12-22, 09:27 AM
Races:

[...]

Overdeity: divine ranks[/spoiler]

There are no game statistics for overdieties.

Um...maybe a Void Disciple? For that I-have-every-feat feeling with your Font of Power.

Radar
2012-12-22, 10:43 AM
Dire Tortoise has a very valuable ability to always act on a surprise round. Elemental Weird has quite a few strong Divination Spells castable as a free action. Phaerimm gain sorcerer spellcasting equal to their total HD (including class levels) - nab Arcane Fusion and Shocking Grasp. With those particular spells and typical metamagic reduction shenanigans you can pump your stats quite high:
1. Absorb Shambling Mound for it's ability to gain temporary CON points from electric damage.
2. Cast a spell like this: Arcane Fusion consisting of Sanctum Twinned Arcane Fusion (with Arcane Thesis and a bunch of +0 metamagics) and Shocking Grasp. Those Twinned Arcane Fusions should contain the same set-up. By the way: you direct all that electrick damage on yourself.
3. ???
4. Profit from having a CON score equal to the cardinality of real numbers.
5. Use Void Disciple and Manipulate Form to carry it over to all your stats and make the change permanent (although it would only expire after an uncountable ammount of rounds, so you're in no hurry).

After that your only short of Save Point trick and Monty algorythms of well... being Pun-Pun.

edit: if you're exploiting alternate timeflows, you might wan to get Monk's 20th level ability or become part-Elan to be immune to old age.

Rubik
2012-12-22, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone, for the responses so far!

Well, at that point you might as well go for ice assassin Sarruhk with manipulate form and/or an Aleax for Singular enemyI already created an aleax of myself and used Fusion and Astral Seed (committing seppuku while Fusion'd) to destroy the aleax and come back as one, so now the only thing that can harm me is myself.

There are no game statistics for overdieties.Greater deity, then. Easy enough to kill, considering how powerful I am, assuming they're the ones statted out in the books. I'll just have to kill one that isn't a wizard.

Um...maybe a Void Disciple? For that I-have-every-feat feeling with your Font of Power.I already have, literally, more feats than I can use, unless I go in for grabbing a hundred Metamorphic Transfers, Extra Musics, and Font of Inspirations. But I'll look into void disciple.

Dire Tortoise has a very valuable ability to always act on a surprise round.Definitely grabbing that one.

Elemental Weird has quite a few strong Divination Spells castable as a free action.With free Quicken (via a gauntlet with numerous metamagic rods added to, and boosted to being at will via crafting), and Linked Power, and Arcane Fusion, this probably isn't really necessary, especially since I can spontaneously cast those spells anyway.

Phaerimm gain sorcerer spellcasting equal to their total HD (including class levels) - nab Arcane Fusion and Shocking Grasp. With those particular spells and typical metamagic reduction shenanigans you can pump your stats quite high:
1. Absorb Shambling Mound for it's ability to gain temporary CON points from electric damage.
2. Cast a spell like this: Arcane Fusion consisting of Sanctum Twinned Arcane Fusion (with Arcane Thesis and a bunch of +0 metamagics) and Shocking Grasp. Those Twinned Arcane Fusions should contain the same set-up. By the way: you direct all that electrick damage on yourself.
3. ???
4. Profit from having a CON score equal to the cardinality of real numbers.
5. Use Void Disciple and Manipulate Form to carry it over to all your stats and make the change permanent (although it would only expire after an uncountable ammount of rounds, so you're in no hurry).Phaerimm casting isn't needed -- I took Supernatural Transformation, so my manifester level = my HD already. I can already use Arcane Fusion, and with Font of Power and Temporal Reiteration, any effect on me is considered permanent until I choose to get rid of it (via dismissal, or what have you).

After that your only short of Save Point trick and Monty algorythms of well... being Pun-Pun.Didn't want to go that route. I wanted to see just how powerful I could be without using manipulate form. Turns out it's very nearly as, if not just as, considering spontaneously researching and casting epic magic as a free action.

edit: if you're exploiting alternate timeflows, you might wan to get Monk's 20th level ability or become part-Elan to be immune to old age.There are plenty of ways to grab immortality without touching monk 20 (Ewwwww! And it doesn't work anyway! Double-ewwww!), such as the Wedded to History feat.

Kazyan
2012-12-22, 03:55 PM
I already created an aleax of myself and used Fusion and Astral Seed (committing seppuku while Fusion'd) to destroy the aleax and come back as one, so now the only thing that can harm me is myself.

Unnecessary. You have a Hagnunemnon's Alter Shape, and Singular Enemy is (Ex). Incidentally, Alter Shape is one of the most powerful abilities in the game; with Alter Reality on top of it, you're already breaking down Pun-Pun's door.

EDIT: Figured out what to do with your pile of feats: solve the Incarnum subsystem. Shape Soulmeld (All), Open X Chakra, Split/Double Chakras, and all of the incarnum feats. Then add Incarnum Apotheosis to your stack of permabuffs to fill everything with essentia.

Rubik
2012-12-22, 04:23 PM
Unnecessary. You have a Hagnunemnon's Alter Shape, and Singular Enemy is (Ex). Incidentally, Alter Shape is one of the most powerful abilities in the game; with Alter Reality on top of it, you're already breaking down Pun-Pun's door.Alter shape allows for a mix-n-match of 5 abilities, mutable at will. I want Singular Enemy to be constant and permanent, which means no accidentally shutting it off under any circumstances (plus, having that as an alter shape choice means I'm less flexible when I could get it permanently anyway).

I also used Fusion + Astral Seed, which means it doesn't take up either illithid savant or alter shape.

EDIT: Figured out what to do with your pile of feats: solve the Incarnum subsystem. Shape Soulmeld (All), Open X Chakra, Split/Double Chakras, and all of the incarnum feats. Then add Incarnum Apotheosis to your stack of permabuffs to fill everything with essentia.'Tis a good idea.

Also, for the record, it's easy to get tons of feats if you use crafting shenanigans. There are all sorts of items with feats on them, and most are about 10,000 gp. Tons of them are weapon properties, so fill up on everything that is conceivably a weapon (such as a shield, shield spikes, armor spikes, gauntlets, knee blades, boot blades, braid blades, sleeve blades, and so on -- get multiple arms to boost this number significantly) and summon or Planar Bind creatures with spellcasting to DCFS for you.

Jack_Simth
2012-12-22, 04:32 PM
Ocean Giant: Immunity to Bludgeoning Damage as an Ex ability.
Zodar: The Invulnerability special quality (Ex) grants immunity to everything except Bludgeoning damage. You might have to go through a few hoops to eat the brain of a construct, though, such as by having an Ice Assasin of a Master of Many Forms use that merging forms ability with Shapechange to get the ability for you in a non-construct form.

Yes, you can seriously get absolute immunity to everything, by RAW.

Rubik
2012-12-22, 04:35 PM
Ocean Giant: Immunity to Bludgeoning Damage as an Ex ability.
Zodar: The Invulnerability special quality (Ex) grants immunity to everything except Bludgeoning damage. You might have to go through a few hoops to eat the brain of a construct, though, such as by having an Ice Assasin of a Master of Many Forms use that merging forms ability with Shapechange to get the ability for you in a non-construct form.

Yes, you can seriously get absolute immunity to everything, by RAW.Also see: aleax (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030914a).

Singular Enemy (Ex): Although the aleax is visible to all, only its intended victim can harm it. Attacks made by other creatures are rebuffed, dealing no damage and hindering the aleax in no way.

Jack_Simth
2012-12-22, 04:47 PM
Also see: aleax (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030914a).
Yes, but if you only grab Singular Enemy, then there's one creature somewhere in the world who can, indeed, hurt you.

Two copies of Singular Enemy makes for an interesting question - it might mean fully indestructible, or it might mean two exceptions to your being unkillable.

So grab two copies of Singular Enemy, the Ocean Giant's bludgeoning immunity, and the Zodar's immunity to everything except Bludgeoning.

Should do.

Rubik
2012-12-22, 04:50 PM
Yes, but if you only grab Singular Enemy, then there's one creature somewhere in the world who can, indeed, hurt you.

Two copies of Singular Enemy makes for an interesting question - it might mean fully indestructible, or it might mean two exceptions to your being unkillable.

So grab two copies of Singular Enemy, the Ocean Giant's bludgeoning immunity, and the Zodar's immunity to everything except Bludgeoning.

Should do.Make your aleax's singular enemy you.

Now you can hurt yourself after you merge with it (since there's no other way to merge with it if its singular enemy is anyone but yourself), then Fusion + Astral Seed, and your singular enemy is now yourself, so you can now do things such as Shapechange into black pudding and deal piercing/slashing damage for additional aleax dvati clones. Plus you can still buff yourself. And if you kill yourself while still Fusioned with your aleax, the aleax basically ceases to exist as anything but the one still merged with you.

Now you don't need to worry about being affected by anything but yourself.

TypoNinja
2012-12-22, 04:57 PM
and using Greater Bestow Curse to age it to great wyrm status) to boost my HD to 78,

This works? I was under the impression bestow curse and greater were only good for one age category a piece.

Tokuhara
2012-12-22, 05:15 PM
Make your aleax's singular enemy you.

Now you can hurt yourself after you merge with it (since there's no other way to merge with it if its singular enemy is anyone but yourself), then Fusion + Astral Seed, and your singular enemy is now yourself, so you can now do things such as Shapechange into black pudding and deal piercing/slashing damage for additional aleax dvati clones. Plus you can still buff yourself. And if you kill yourself while still Fusioned with your aleax, the aleax basically ceases to exist as anything but the one still merged with you.

Or if you really don't want to confuse people, pick a CR 1/1,000,000 Black Ant as your Singular Enemy

Jack_Simth
2012-12-22, 06:01 PM
Make your aleax's singular enemy you.

And that gives you the option of eating the brain of your Aleax! Great! Make an Ice Assasin of an Aleax of you (finding some way to bypass the material components, because those would be rather difficult to get...), have the Aleax shapeshift into something with a brain, and then have it let you eat it's brain. It then gives you some permanent bonuses to go with the "you can't be hurt by anyone other than you" bit. Nifty!

Rubik
2012-12-22, 07:01 PM
Two copies of Singular Enemy makes for an interesting question - it might mean fully indestructible, or it might mean two exceptions to your being unkillable.I'm actually pretty certain that this simply makes two ways to bypass your immunity, Emperor Tippy's opinion notwithstanding.

This works? I was under the impression bestow curse and greater were only good for one age category a piece.Are they? If so, I'll get a hagunemnon and merge with it, use my new and improved HD (and, with Supernatural Transformation, manifester level) to Gate in a great wyrm directly. You can control up to twice your caster level (or in this case, manifester level) in HD, and hagunemnons are 44 HD, while great wyrm prismatic dragons are 78. It'd be easy to get +2 MLs for the former, and the latter is cake afterwards.

Seems legit.

Or if you really don't want to confuse people, pick a CR 1/1,000,000 Black Ant as your Singular EnemyThen you wouldn't be able to buff yourself or clone yourself or anything.