PDA

View Full Version : Sciomancer Wizard (or how do I get "speak with dead")

Cybris75
2012-12-22, 12:10 PM
Hi all, I'm working on a character concept that involves a Focused Necromancer going into divine oracle. He is a member of the church of Wee Jas (and in his home city this is accepted and somewhat respected).

In order to flesh this out I would like him to have access to the Speak with Dead spell. He is a Wizard 5 / Nightmare Spinner 5 / Divine Oracle 2. Unfortunately I don't have any feats left for Extra Spell.

How could I do this? Are there any other interesting spells he should have if he regularly communicates with the dead (ghosts or corpses)? Through Divine Oracle he has access to the Oracle domain, and can commune with Wee Jas (or whoever answers in that case); is this enough?

Malroth
2012-12-22, 02:11 PM
Arcane Disciple: Repose Domain

The Viscount
2012-12-24, 02:53 AM
You might not actually need speak with dead. The spell doesn't really let you talk with the deceased, merely pump them for information, like pulling data from a hard drive of a broken computer. If you think you can get the information through divination means, those might work just fine.

If you do want the spell, a custom item of it should be simple enough.

herrhauptmann
2012-12-24, 04:26 AM
Divination through the casting of bones, or entrails? Human bones and entrails.

Need_A_Life
2012-12-24, 05:55 AM
Heroes of Horror has a feat that let's you speak with dead people within (Wis bonus) minutes of their death. Requires Wis 13, IIRC.
Depending on your intended use, it might be even more useful, as it allows conversation rather than simply interrogation.

Urpriest
2012-12-24, 04:03 PM
Arcane Disciple: Repose Domain

Seconding this. Very fitting for an arcane servant of Wee Jas.

The Viscount
2012-12-24, 10:12 PM
Heroes of Horror has a feat that let's you speak with dead people within (Wis bonus) minutes of their death. Requires Wis 13, IIRC.
Depending on your intended use, it might be even more useful, as it allows conversation rather than simply interrogation.

Hey, it's Spirit Sense! I remember that feat. I really liked it. Great flavor. It only requires Wis 12 and a time when you reached 0 or fewer hp. Very close. Good memory. I had forgotten it.