PDA

View Full Version : Feats for an epic dragonwrought sorcerer/sha'ir

Zelkon
2012-12-22, 04:29 PM
I'm building an epic-well, what it says in the title-, and so far I'm at Dragonwrought, Precocious Apprentice (for early MT entry), Dragon Cohort, Heighten Spell, Sculpt Spell, and Draconic Reservoir (for greater rite of passage). I'm still deciding weather or not to buyoff my LA+2 template, so I might or might not have access to a level 24 feat. I have two flaws, so by my calculations, I still need to take a 15th, 18th, and 21st level feat, and possibly a 24th level one. Any ideas?

Morcleon
2012-12-22, 04:37 PM
Eschew Materials + Ignore Material Components. Spam forcecage, antimagic ray, astral projection, etc. Or...

Epic Spellcasting. Get a mythal with Wish, Miracle, Reality Revision, and True Resurrection. Then get a shadow version of [insert deity here]. :smallbiggrin::smallcool:

Zelkon
2012-12-22, 05:15 PM
How do I max my spellcraft?

Morcleon
2012-12-22, 05:29 PM
How do I max my spellcraft?

For Epic Spellcasting? You don't. You mitigate the ever-loving hell out of the spells, and make it DC 0. :smallwink:

Just hire level 1 sorcerers to cast a 1st level spell each (which costs 10 gp per sorcerer, which is -1 to DC per 10 gp). Most super-mythals will come out unmitigated at around a DC of 1-3k. Which is just 10-30k gp, pocket change for an epic character. The shadow gods would probably come out at around DC 1000, depending on which god and how many other factors you stick on.

Randomguy
2012-12-22, 05:35 PM
You don't need to max spellcraft. Just lower the DC as far down as you can. The easiest way to do this is to planar bind outsiders, or make simulacri of planar bound outsiders, or something.

Some other suggestions: Rapid metamagic, quicken spell and multispell?

Spell stowaway (time stop) and spell stowaway (celerity) will make you king of the action economy, although Epic Spellcasting + ignore material components is probably a better option.

Zelkon
2012-12-22, 07:17 PM
I went with Epic Spellcasting, Item Familiar, and Quicken Spell with Rapid Metamagic. Need to get one more epic feat though.