PDA

View Full Version : d20 Future- Redoing the Craft (pharmaceutical) Skill

Mordenkainen
2012-12-22, 09:54 PM
Recently, I've decided to redo the Craft (pharmaceutical) skill for my d20 Modern/Future campaign. The original skill provides you with a +2 bonus to Fortitude saves to resist disease to succeed, making the skill practically useless (details below).

Craft (pharmaceutical) (Int; Trained Only)

Check: This skill allows a character to compound medicinal drugs to aid in recovery from treatable illnesses. A medicinal drug gives a +2 circumstance bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of a disease. The Craft (pharmaceutical) check is based on the severity of the disease to be countered as measured by the DC of the Fortitude save needed to resist it.

{table]Disease Fortitude Save DC|Purchase DC|Craft DC|Time
14 or lower|5|15|1 hr.
15-18|10|20|3 hr.
19-22|15|25|6 hr.
23 or higher|20|30|12 hr.[/table]

Special: A character without a pharmacist kit takes a -4 penalty on Craft (pharmaceutical) checks. A character with the Medical Expert feat gets a +2 bonus on all Craft (pharmaceutical) checks.

To change this skill I am seeking input. What I want to do to the skill is make it applicable to a futuristic campaign. I want players to be able to use this skill to make futuristic medicines (i.e., stimpaks, biofoam, cellular reproduction gels). What do you think should be added?

Ashtagon
2012-12-23, 03:58 AM
Recently, I've decided to redo the Craft (pharmaceutical) skill for my d20 Modern/Future campaign. The original skill provides you with a +2 bonus to Fortitude saves to resist disease to succeed, making the skill practically useless (details below).

To change this skill I am seeking input. What I want to do to the skill is make it applicable to a futuristic campaign. I want players to be able to use this skill to make futuristic medicines (i.e., stimpaks, biofoam, cellular reproduction gels). What do you think should be added?

All those items have a d20 Modern Purchase DC Wealth check. That DC number provides the base monetary cost of the crafting. Then, mutatis mutandis, follow the general d20 Modern Craft rules. You just need to adjust the raw material cost (I suggest purchase DC -3) and assign a time taken (I suggest somewhere between 1 day and 1 week per dose or per batch).

The +2 Fort save medicine represents the "generic healing drug". d20 Future contains rules for various other meds, complete with Purchase DCs.