PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips on mercenary group in game

Sir_Chivalry
2012-12-23, 03:11 AM
I've got a team of npcs that I'm keeping at the same level as the player characters. Currently I'm wondering what direction to take them now if they remain in the game. In game they are a mercenary company who one of the PCs (a warforged crusader) used to work with, and the group has lost a few members (a bard who was the girlfriend of the leader and a dread necromancer who maintained their records) due to conflicts they've been hired for. The members are:

Richard (male gorebrute shifter zhentarim dungeoncrasher thug 6/lion totem wolf tribe whirling frenzy barbarian 2), the leader, he has a massive amount of scarring on one side of his face due to a wound that never healed, leaving him with a constant snarl. Likes to rush headlong into things, partially due to his guilt over the deaths of many of his subordinates. Was thinking either Ronan, Frenzied Berserker, Weretouched Master or Bear Warrior.

Fuller (female-personality warforged hexblade 5/soul eater 3), whereas the PC warforged is trying to connect with his humanity, Fuller embraces the unnatural side of her nature, tapping into dark latent magics within her bindings. Powerful jaws and sharp sharpened blades protruding from her body make her a weapon to fear on the battlefield, though she leaves any and all decisions to Richard. Thinking Warforged Juggernaut after soul eater.

Jade (female golmoid (rock people from Dragon) cleric of naki-uthai 4/church inquisitor 2/death’s chosen (deathless version) 1/knight of the raven 1), the pious priest of war, she is unstoppable and unbendable. She has pledged her service to the Order of the Raven, and to its deathless masters, sustaining her. By the time she finishes Knight of the Raven, I don't know what to do with her.

Peter (male truedive shifter swift hunter scout 5/ranger 3), the quiet member. Shoots things a lot. Unless there's a very good reason, he basically will advance in either scout or ranger.

Nell (female primordial half-giant duskblade 5/cyran avenger 1/suel arcanamach 2), the smart member, she used Knowledge Devotion to get advantages against those she fights. Works for the groups because they don't have ties to any nation, preferring to work for the highest bidder. She blames the various nations for the war that destroyed her homeland.

Though there is much Eberron and FR content, the world is a homebrew one.