PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Invasion Pf Peach

JBombX
2012-12-23, 03:55 AM
So a while ago I got this neat idea, or I think so at least. Basically there is you standard dnd-ish world but with one big difference, no orcs or goblins or any of those nasty races that people love to fight. everything is cool beans, hugs and butterflies until the invasion. they come with semi-advanced guns, think early old west, not flint and powder but not many revolvers or super advanced junk fly'n around. Now the invasion force is not very magicky, very industrious and psionic based.
That's the core of it, they invade, people don't know what to do because they have never seen orcs and goblins or any of this mess. on top of that me and my regular group played recently (not this campaign idea) and one of them brought up he never feels "threaten". I asked what he ment and he replied that he never feels like he's in mortal danger, not like in the previous game (we were playing all flesh must be eaten) so I thought about creating a world where they weren't gallivanting heroes cutting huge swathes through baddies, instead running refuges trying desperately to survive an unannounced invasion to their world.
on top of that I decided to make them play as NPC classes for their first five lvls with Exp boosts to help scoot them along. why? up the threat lvl. maybe giving them a few extras here and there.
Playable Races: Human, Lizardfolk (civil but live in swamps), gillmen, elf, catfolk and Halflings. (low fantasy point buy)
Kind of a weird assortment but I like having different or interesting races available. Anyways what I wanted to know is: ANY POINTERS? I haven't presented this idea yet and I wanted to know if you guys had any cool ideas or suggestions. or if this seems to harsh to you guys? keep in mind I've only GM'd a few times and a lot of that is "wing'n it". i'm usually the one with cool and fun one shots (i.e. flying off into the sunset aback a giant flying Kracken with singing comes sail away. out loud. airbanding.) I wanted a change of pace and try my hand at something deadly. so..... Ideas?