PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Attack and Breath Weapons

Annos
2012-12-23, 11:02 AM
A while ago I made a set of Dragonfire adepts and hid them away in a stack of old Charecter concepts. Recently I've regained intrest in my Fiery duo and need some opinions. I'm not looking for heavy optimization but am looking for a charecter who will only be kept alive by the DM's discresion. he first is the main guy, he is a Human (up to the wind, aka will change if better option is found) Dragonfire Adept 3 Swordsage 1. He took the feats Dragon tail and two weapon fighting at first level, and prehensile tail at third. Since multi weapon fighting is two weapon fighting for multi-handed monsters I replaced two weapon fighting with Multi-weapon fighting. he is focused on shadow hand and tiger claw, and wields a combination of short swords, lond swords and scimitars. I want to make a charecter that wil one shot most minions, AKA full attack; wep, wep, wep, breath wep. I am opin to opinions and am calling out for help.

SilverLeaf167
2012-12-23, 11:28 AM
Though I like the character concept, there's a certain problem here: You can't use your breath weapon as part of a full attack. It's always a separate standard action. I don't know of a way to combine your breath weapon with other attacks, though someone else might be able to help.

You'll also run into some trouble deciding how to continue this build. If you take more DFA levels, your BAB will suck, making you attack less times per turn and hit even less. If you go with Swordsage or pretty much any other class, your breath weapon damage will be lagging far behind.

It's sort of weird to come to the forums in search of a build while simultaneously admitting you want a character that will only be viable by DM fiat. :smallconfused:

Annos
2012-12-23, 11:34 AM
No, I wan't a build that WON'T survive sololy on the DM's descression.

SilverLeaf167
2012-12-23, 12:08 PM
Okay, glad we got that cleared up.

The problem still persists though. However, I remembered a feat called Quicken Breath in the Draconomicon. To use it, you'd require one of the rather cheesy-ish methods of giving your DFA breath weapon a recharge time, which you'll have to Google since I don't really remember any of them.

You implied that you have another build you need help with. Maybe we could work on that instead?

Annos
2012-12-23, 02:19 PM
The tressym cohort that he can't have yet? Ok, he is also a dragon fire adept and is focused on his breath and invocations. After he has both the invisability and the huminoid form abilities he will take levels in some rogue'ish class and will act as a scout/messenger of death. Also, the previose build has DFA 1 and SS 3.