PDA

View Full Version : quicksilver boots 3.5

faenor
2012-12-23, 09:26 PM
I have a build with charge and power attack the shocktrooper feat.
I would like to know how much it costs to make the quicksilver boots from MIC
with more charges or unlimited charges a day. I have no clue on item creation but i would like to buy them not put in my XP.

my thanks in advance

herrhauptmann
2012-12-23, 11:01 PM
This will be easier.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues
Boots of true haste
Standard action to activate (Command word)
Infinite use per day.

Spell level * Casterlevel * 1800gp.
So spending every sixth standard action to get the haste spell: 27000
Every seventh action: 32400

For a continuous (24 hour duration)
Spell level=7. CL=13.
7*13*.2 (one/day)*1800=32760. But you're scrwed if you get dispelled.

If you really need teh quicksilver.
If quicksilver gets you X/day at cost Y,
Then you can get 2X/day at cost 2Y.

Or, take my boots of true haste(cost X), and stack them with quicksilver(cost Y) for a total cost of X+Y.
MiC made stacking enchantments simple.

Also, run these by the DM. Custom items can get abusive.

ericgrau
2012-12-23, 11:16 PM
Short version of all those formulas: The number of uses per day is linear. So it's 1750 gp for each use per day. By the guidelines unlimited use should cost the same as 5 uses, which is 8750 gp. However the DM must approve all custom items to check for loopholes and that is an obvious loophole because it would let you travel across the countryside much faster.

You could consider the fast travel ability as if it were a separate power (even though it isn't) and pay for it, so you're no longer exploiting a loophole. It's worth about the same as a 1/day 8 hour mount spell which is 1*4*1800/5 gp = 1440 gp. 8750 gp + 1440 gp = 10190 gp ~= 10,000 gp. That should be pretty fair for unlimited use quicksilver boots. Or at least as fair as the original boots. Even the originals are really good.