View Full Version : Optimizing Winterhaunt (3.5)

Tokuhara
2012-12-23, 11:34 PM
I decided to browse through my vast collection of books and in frostburn I found Winterhaunt of Imbiougu (?), which is a divine casting Prc. It looked decent, but not amazing when compared to its Sandstorm counterpart (Walker in the Waste).

So my question is how could one optimize this oddity PrC?

Mithril Leaf
2012-12-24, 01:12 AM
Hmmm, not a bad class actually. Tax heavy, but full casting. My instinct is to make a cold focused archivist. You can pick up some blasting for that sweet free cold penetration. A nice mix of abilities, nothing amazing, but you don't lose any levels. Cloak of Winter's Chill would be nice if you wanted to use some planar binding. If you dip cleric one, it might be feasible to advance sorcerer or wizard casting and be a mailman.

Tokuhara
2012-12-24, 02:36 AM
Hmmm, not a bad class actually. Tax heavy, but full casting. My instinct is to make a cold focused archivist. You can pick up some blasting for that sweet free cold penetration. A nice mix of abilities, nothing amazing, but you don't lose any levels. Cloak of Winter's Chill would be nice if you wanted to use some planar binding. If you dip cleric one, it might be feasible to advance sorcerer or wizard casting and be a mailman.

Also had the sick thought of an Asherati Archivist 3/Walker in the waste 10/Winterhaunt 7

Amphetryon
2012-12-24, 10:21 AM
I like it with Southern Magician and Dread Necromancer, for a sort of Easybake Uttercold Assault Necro.

Tokuhara
2012-12-24, 12:13 PM
I like it with Southern Magician and Dread Necromancer, for a sort of Easybake Uttercold Assault Necro.

That's rather clever